Announcement

Collapse
1 of 6 < >

Trolling within 'Official Club' threads.

The General Football section of the Forum is one of the most popular areas, however, myself and the other Mods have noticed quite a big increase in the number of complaints being made about posts that come from this section of the Forum, more specifically in reference to 'Official Club' threads.

I've reviewed a lot of the reports, reviewed the section in general and discussed with some of the Mods on how we can tackle this.

Although we operate a quite a liberal policy within the 'Official Club' threads, that does not mean that trolling other members and their clubs will be tolerated.

Yes, football is all about rivalry, about having a bit of a laugh at the expense of your rivals, but when a member takes this to far on a rivals 'Official Club' thread by trolling it causes unwanted altercations and it also drives members away from the Forum.

Myself and the other mods do not want to start issuing infractions or banning individuals from the Forum, but if we think it is in the best interests of the community then that is exactly what we will do.

Please enjoy the 'Official Club' threads, but also respect other members and their clubs.
2 of 6 < >

For your own good dont ignore.

We are starting to get more foolish members who think they are being clever by creating aliases to by pass bans in Forum and chat room.
Reason is why im calling them foolish is we will always have the upperhand ,we only used to keep banning these accounts and lengthining their main banned one which we now consider to soft .
SM will now start taking action against these members with in game punishment which some banned members are now finding out and not to happy.
SM will decide what type of action they deem appropriate which can be loss of manager rep so could result in you getting slung out of certain set ups .
Now hopefully with this announcement it may stop having to take this action because we dont want to see anyone losing rep /teams etc .

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=37199

This link above if members had cared to read on rule board tells you how to go about appealing against any sort of punishment you occur .
Will find one for chat users on there as well .

So keep to it because if you think your being a clever clogs to get around a ban which at most lasts one day or a week ,is it worth getting kicked out of GM because of Rep and loosing favourite team that you love the most ,if your not a GM the same risks apply .

Choice is yours to make freely without pressure .
3 of 6 < >

SM Filter system ( Rule 18 .)

Due to the complaints from members saying they get infractioned for starred out words and some members do not so SM Supervisors/Moderators need to be on the same wave length,to them its got to be one ruling only so confusion is not caused ,also with complaints recieved from members that some deem its ok to insult them with starred out words because there not actually shown,all these complaints have been taken into consideration and it has been decided that seems the filter removed these unwanted words ,then the poster will re edit and change words if not wanting infraction ,also dont play word games to beat the system,
eg.
its sucking fhit. The people who make these rules are cunning stunts.

Also these.
"£%^$£!*&"
@ssed
We are not stupid as well as the members that do these,there no accident they are in place of what are not allowed
I am sure there are many more correct allowed words that can take the place of these ,plus it keeps posts looking more neat and tidy .

From now Mods will give you a warning without loss of points ,if do it again you will lose points ,from Ist March you will not get a warning just loss of points ,only members we will look at to overturn are them that join in March to give them the same chance you members are being given to get your own house in order.

because from 1st March all starred words will recieve infraction .Please check rule 18.
Thank you .
4 of 6 < >

New Forum/Chat Rules and Violation procedures.

It is in all members interest who use Forum/chat to check the new additions on ,
SM Forum / Chat rules/regulations / Violation procedures and Supervisor announcements.

There are updates on Rules and a great guide on what procedures happens to you if you violate any of rules for both rooms .

Thank-you.

Can all SM Moderators please check on the Moderators board the new procedures theirselves if they already have not .
Thank you .
5 of 6 < >

Grievance with Moderators .

All members that have any problems/issues with Moderators closing / editing / deleting threads that they have posted etc or infractions given to them by Moderators then do not throw tantrums on the board itself via another thread or through PM system to the Moderator,it will not help your case if you want to have it re-looked at by SM Supervisors ,because Moderators are only doing what they have been instructed to do ,yes a thread may not have needed to be closed etc ,but closed /deleted threads can always be re-opened ,infractions can always be overturned ,so if your not happy with any of the above by SM Moderator ,i suggest you check all Forum rules /Guidelines and all rules for Rep system because these rule breakages also can result in infractions ,if you have not broken any of these then send your complaint through PM System to a SM Supervisor because we are your next port of call .
Please do not take it to the boards for any discussions on the rights or wrongs .
We will decide if we need to overturn any decision a Mod makes and that is through private consultation .
6 of 6 < >

Infraction System

From Saturday 20/9/08 the SM Moderators will begin having the use of the Infraction system which up to now as only been used by SM Supervisors.
The way the infraction system works is you will get punished on type of post / rule breakage etc ,this is what you can be punished for .

Title
Warning for Rule Violation
Spammed Advertisements
Insulted Other Member(s)
Signature Rule Violation
Inappropriate Language
Instant Ban 10pts

I would also highly recommend members take a look at
" Forum reputation system thread"
so you learn how to use the Reputation system properly because any of these rules violated will also incur infraction penalty.

How infractions work.
There is a certain set ammount of point depending on which one so please be aware they are not just 1.
Also if you accumalate 10 then you will be auto banned ,each time you are given an infraction that point/points lasts for 10dys .
Also a SM Supervisor/Moderator may deem to give person/persons a instant 10pt ban if they think they need a cooling period for heating threads or out of control arguments ,again this can last from 1 hour up to a day then it will be removed.
Please realise this starts from Saturday 20/9/08 so no good complaining if someone got away with it before that date for the same reason you may have recieved one from this.
This forwarns you all so there is no excuse,ive shown you above what warrents a breakage of the system.

If a SM Supervisor/SM Moderator gives you an infraction then you will also at the same time receive a PM why and which one you deemed to have broken so you can check yourself .
Members that are not happy please do not send PM back to the Moderator that gave you it because the only way to appeal and have it reversed is through SM Supervisor ,and our decision will be final.
The best thing you can do before appealing is check you did not break any of the above ,because you will need a very good reason to have it overturned if you did.
Thank-you for your co-operation.
See more
See less

2013 U20 World Cup Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 U20 World Cup Thread

Another odd year means another year to see a glimpse of young upcoming talent to grace international football. Present stars like Messi, Iniesta, Aguero, and Oscar is first attract the world's eye trough this tournament. Here is 2013 FIFA U20 World Cup official thread

This year tournament will be held in Turkey from June 21st-July13th in 7 host cities. Brazil are reigning champion after they beat Portugal 3-2 in 2011 final, marks by Oscar hattrick in the final. Unfortunately both Argentina and Brazil, 2 most succesful nation in this age level failed to qualify after eliminated in this year Sudamerica Sub20, but we could still see some interesting talent from France, Spain, Ghana, and last edition runner up Portugal. Here are the group drawing:

Group A

France
    Ghana
    USA
    Spain

Group B

Cuba
    Korea Republic
    Nigeria
    Portugal

Group C

Turkey
    El Salvador
    Colombia
    Australia

---Continue in post #2---
    Last edited by VatreniUnited; 04-13-2013, 05:23 AM. Reason: Fixed image.

Copa America 2015 SM Predict Game Discussion thread

Re: 2013 U20 World Cup Thread

Group D

Mexico
    Greece
    Paraguay
    Mali

Group E

Chile
    Egypt
    England
    Iraq

Group F

New Zealand
    Uzbekistan
    Uruguay
    Croatia

So, who do you think will come out as champion, and most importantly who will become the star performer at this tournament?
    Some of them will be hype so much in the game and will become hot commodity
    And since this forum is mostly come from England, do you think England are going to "ignore" this tournament again and will not sent their best team possible like in 2011 when the clubs force FA to pull their player from the final tournament squad?
    Last edited by VatreniUnited; 04-13-2013, 05:29 AM. Reason: Fixed image.

Comment

For me the main favorites are France(1) and Spain (2) , but we cant leave out the south american teams and maybe Portugal .
      Last edited by Stuart H; 04-13-2013, 09:50 AM.
      http://i45.tinypic.com/fxxop4.png
      My Scoutings
      Nicolae Claudiu Stanciu/Ivan Solovyov/Valentin Cojocaru/Dorin Rotariu/Robert Vilceanu

Comment

Personally, I hope and can see Turkey doing really well, the only issue with most U20 Turkish players is that they're usually restricted to reserve league or age restriction leagues, whereas nations from other countries such as England usually have youngsters who have and play regular football which can always have a huge impact.

However, with the home support I can see Turkey doing well
        Donate Blood
        Help battle Britain's biggest childhood cancer
        Children with Leukaemia

Comment

Images are forbidden

Comment

Istiantoroni, I'm already take it to PM about that, so if you like use PM, from now on we will discuss Turkey 2013

Originally posted by IOA View Post
            Personally, I hope and can see Turkey doing really well, the only issue with most U20 Turkish players is that they're usually restricted to reserve league or age restriction leagues, whereas nations from other countries such as England usually have youngsters who have and play regular football which can always have a huge impact.

However, with the home support I can see Turkey doing well
            Well, England not take this tournament seriously last time they qualify. The power of the club makes their squad is not the best possible.
            Anyway, any talent from Turkey we should take eyes for? Could be interesting to see the debutant at the home turf.

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            Images are forbidden
            Ah yeah, not a special images actually, just about the tournament emblem and nation's flag. But will still fixed it tomorrow, as I coincindentally deleted my imageshack album

Comment

Originally posted by VatreniUnited View Post
              Anyway, any talent from Turkey we should take eyes for? Could be interesting to see the debutant at the home turf.
              Okay Yokuslu is the most obvious one but can't comment until I see the final squad, I hope we'll have some suprise additions
              Donate Blood
              Help battle Britain's biggest childhood cancer
              Children with Leukaemia

Comment

Respuesta: 2013 U20 World Cup Thread

Mexico will get at least 3rd place
                Last edited by flair144; 04-14-2013, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by steauaseka View Post
                  For me the main favorites are France(1) and Spain (2) , but we cant leave out the south american teams and maybe Portugal .
                  France are my personal favourite as well, the likes of Zouma, Umtiti, Digne, Kondogbia and Pogba(well, if he going to the tournament) is definitely are interesting to watch.

Originally posted by flair144 View Post
                  Mexico will get at least 3rd place
                  They should have one of the favourite considering this year squad likely to feature some world champion from U17 level.

Originally posted by IOA View Post
                  Okay Yokuslu is the most obvious one but can't comment until I see the final squad, I hope we'll have some suprise additions
                  Nah mate, hope you could contribute to this thread since you're I think most fluent on Turkish football on this forum, since you're the host nation

Comment

Peter Taylor announced his England provisional squad. Gael Bigirimana, born in Burundi, is included. Another notable name is Ross Barkley, Ward-Prowse, Sam Byram, and Michael Keane.

Goalkeepers
                    Jamal Blackman (Chelsea), Sam Johnstone (Manchester United), George Long (Sheffield United), Connor Ripley (Middlesbrough)

Defenders
                    Jake Bidwell (Everton), Sam Byram (Leeds United), Donervorn Daniels (West Bromwich Albion), Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Michael Keane (Manchester United), Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest), Liam Moore (Leicester City), Daniel Potts (West Ham United), Adam Reach (Middlesbrough), Jack Robinson (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Tom Thorpe (Manchester United)

Midfielders
                    Ross Barkley (Everton), Gael Bigirimana (Newcastle United), Jake Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Conor Coady (Liverpool), Larnell Cole (Manchester United), John Lundstram (Everton), Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards
                    Patrick Bamford (Chelsea), Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Adam Campbell (Newcastle United), Max Clayton (Crewe Alexandra), Rob Hall (West Ham United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Long (Everton), Nathan Redmond (Birmingham City), Luke Williams (Middlesbrough)

Comment

Originally posted by VatreniUnited View Post
                      Peter Taylor announced his England provisional squad. Gael Bigirimana, born in Burundi, is included. Another notable name is Ross Barkley, Ward-Prowse, Sam Byram, and Michael Keane.

Goalkeepers
                      Jamal Blackman (Chelsea), Sam Johnstone (Manchester United), George Long (Sheffield United), Connor Ripley (Middlesbrough)

Defenders
                      Jake Bidwell (Everton), Sam Byram (Leeds United), Donervorn Daniels (West Bromwich Albion), Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Michael Keane (Manchester United), Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest), Liam Moore (Leicester City), Daniel Potts (West Ham United), Adam Reach (Middlesbrough), Jack Robinson (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Tom Thorpe (Manchester United)

Midfielders
                      Ross Barkley (Everton), Gael Bigirimana (Newcastle United), Jake Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Conor Coady (Liverpool), Larnell Cole (Manchester United), John Lundstram (Everton), Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards
                      Patrick Bamford (Chelsea), Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Adam Campbell (Newcastle United), Max Clayton (Crewe Alexandra), Rob Hall (West Ham United), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris Long (Everton), Nathan Redmond (Birmingham City), Luke Williams (Middlesbrough)
                      Bold players made the final squad. Robinson was called up to the U21s.

Premier League representatives for other nations include Spain's Suso (Liverpool) and Denis Suarez (Man City), Turkey's Kerim Frei (Fulham), Australia's Curtis Good (Newcastle) and Ryan Williams (Fulham), Chile's Angelo Henriquez (Wigan/Man Utd) and Uruguay's Guillermo Varela (Man Utd).
                      Last edited by Burrow27; 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

The group of death is B. With Spain, the Dutch and the Germans. I don't think the Germans will qualify for the last part though
                        ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

oooooooo Russia eliminated from a 5-1 defeat to the Dutch.
                          ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Originally posted by ZlookVulk View Post
                            This is the U20 World Cup thread, whats going on now is the U21 Euros. I made the same mistake too. I'm sure a mod will move it.

Comment

Originally posted by ZlookVulk View Post
                              The U20 World Cup hasn't started yet. Your mistaking the U21 Euro's..

Real Madrid GC36 - Barcelona GC86 - Man United GC122

Comment

Working...
                              X