Announcement

Collapse

Notice about this section

This is the section of the forum where you can write match previews/reviews and transfer news for your setup.

People often like to use the thread about their setups to talk about or 'advertise' types of players they wish to buy, or sell.

To save the threads turning into pages of negotiations between two people, can anyone interested in the aforementioned adverts private message the person who placed it.
See more
See less

English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

Season Six is about to begin. K/O is the 21st July and there are still plenty of teams available, with stack loads of cash to spend. Top transfer gossip is that Jesus Navas has swapped sunny Spain for Darlington, Alberto Aquilani has transferred from the Stadio Olimpico to Upton Park in a deal including Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stephen Ireland has swapped Celtic for Preston. Preston have also signed Ronald Zubar from Marseille and Sebastian Giovinco from Juve.
    Coventry City have acquired the signatures of Aaron Hunt, Edgar Castillo, Moussa Sissoko and Ismael Aissati. Newly promoted Gillingham have spent big with the signing of Freddie Eastwood for a club record fee of £4.4m. More to follow....
    Last edited by Burrow27; June 24th, 2008, 09:58 AM.

Re: English Championship 106 - Transfer/Gossip thread

im fulham in this setup

Comment

Originally posted by James_B16
      Youre kidding me! Ive been managing PNE for 3 seasons knowing only my mates and Chelsea1992 were managing other clubs. Hope your Fulham do well. One of my mates managed them before you but I had them kicked cos they were cheating. Boruc, Young, Friedrich and Tiago were bought by illegitimate means. Still, good luck and feel free to report anything about Fulham on this thread.
      ok will do tomoz ive gone for few players

Comment

Palace Newsflash

New manager Toggs has been quick to accquire two ne wplayers at his first day at the club. They come in the form of Russian striker Pavel Pogrenybak who joined from Tom Tomsk for a fee of 0k but both Nicolas Anelka and Emerson Boyce moved in the opposite direction. The other signing was young Argentinian midfielder Fernando Gago who arrived from Boca for a fee of 8.7M plus Pardo and Ben Watson.

Toggs said there will be more too come in the form of signings. Expect news tommorow.

Comment

i am middles borough i have loads of good players i may sell check my team and get back to me
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xlegendajx View Post
            i am middles borough i have loads of good players i may sell check my team and get back to me
            You better change your sig XD
            Juventus the best team 4 ever
            bajju from malta:P

Comment

Originally posted by bajju View Post
              You better change your sig XD
              i know lol i change it when i know hes left
              sigpic

Comment

i am about to sign a whole load off players if anybody wants Stewart downing on loan tell me?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xlegendajx View Post
                  i am about to sign a whole load off players if anybody wants Stewart downing on loan tell me?
                  I do !!!

Stoke Announce New Manager In Gazza Thomas more later
                  FIFA 11 League; Nottingham Forest. Im the worst player ever

37 GC Winning Honours
                  1 GC Treble

Comment

Fulham Latest

Fulham Sign Samir Nasri, Heiko Westermann and Diego Laguno which adds up to 42.2mill and 6 players leaveing Fulham have also Gone for 3 more players... Fulham Boss Nick Justice Says the Signings Will not Stop there.....The 3 set to join are Galesek, Jarolim and Angel Lopez they are all p/e also Before the first Cup game Fulham will bring in about 10-20 youths....

Comment

i am after 8 players and i will be after more but when theese deals go trough more players will be arriving at the riverside
                      sigpic

Comment

Preston North End kick off their second season in the top flight away to promoted-side Southampton. Manager James Burrow is refusing to give anything away, but he did hint that one of his summer signings could play some part and that one will start.

Team News

Brazilian left-back Heberson Ronny is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card in the last game of last season. New signing Ronald Zubar picked up a slight knock in training and won't be risked. David Wheater has surprisingly not been signed on a permanent basis after a superb season at Deepdale. One from Anton Ferdinand, Gary Cahill and Sean St. Ledger will partner Phil Jagielka in the centre of defence. Craig Gardner, who was subject to a bid from Ipswich, may start.

Southampton Team News

The Saints have Wayne Bridge, Martin Laursen and Barry Ferguson all out with injuries. New signing Alexander Frei may start, replacing Kenwyne Jones, who was subject to a bid from Port Vale. Fabian Ernst, Arjen Robben, and Kenneth Perez may all make their debuts, Perez having Premier League experience with Coventry City.
                        Last edited by Burrow27; December 30th, 2009, 04:26 PM.

Comment

North End off to winning start!
                          Southampton 2-4 Preston

Preston won their first match of the new season, thanks largely to Ishmael Miller, who's hat-trick helped them to a 4-2 victory over newly promoted Southampton.
                          Preston started with Gareth Bale, Ferdinand and debutant Stephen Ireland, in for suspended Heberson Ronny, Wheater who left the club, and Vonlanthen, who was relegated to the bench. Stephen Ireland made his debut and Michael Johnson took his place on the bench but never made it onto the pitch. The 32,000 crowd helped provide the atmosphere at St Mary's stadium. Giant flags being waved and chants being shouted throughout the ground.
                          Things didnt get off to the best of starts for the Lilywhites, Dutch fullback Erik Pieters scoring from Mathieu Valbuena's pin-point cross.

The ground exploded with cheers from the home fans. It took Preston ten minutes to respond, Miller scoring the first of his three with a great right foot shot, shortly after Soton's Harry Kewell had missed an open goal! Chances were shared up until the 29th minute, Miller scoring his second after a great through ball from Mark Noble. The England U21 international was lucky though, the ball cannoning against the post and in. Harry Kewell wasted another golden opportunity soon after, but for the rest of the half, it was all North End, Miller and Ferdinand both with chances. A goal seemed inevitable, and it was! Debutant Stephen Ireland scoring from inside the 15 yard box, beating veteran Antonis Nikopolidis in the Saints goal.
                          Half time came, and the score was 3-1. No changes were made, and the second half began. It wasnt long before the crowd had something else to cheer about, but only the away fans. Ishmael Miller completing his trilogy of goals with possibly the best of the lot! A curling effort from just outside the box after an error from Saints defender Martin Skrtel. The Saints fans were in despair, with their heads in their hands. Southampton had a few chances after the goal, the best falling to Emanuel Adebayor.
                          Southampton made two changes on 60 minutes, Arjen Robben and Mathieu Valbuena being replaced by Aimo Diana and Angel Arizmendi. Ten minutes later, they scored, Kenneth Perez scoring on his debut, dribbling past Ferdinand and slotting his shot below Almunia. This proved to be the last goal of the game, although Preston did make a change on 75, Juliano Belletti, who had been booked earlier, replaced by Chris Gunter. The final whistle blew, and manager James Burrow was delighted, failing to contain his excitement. In the post match interview he said:

From BBC Sport
                          It was a superb victory over a tough Southampton side. In our last pre-season game, we were humiliated by fellow promoted side Darlington, and I warned the players that they mustn't get complacent because this side is new to the league...We must work on our discipline. Tonight we had 3 players booked (Bale, Bradley, Noble) and despite Ronny returning from suspension, we don't need any players getting unneccesary bookings. 'Ishy' Miller did fantastic. I couldn't have asked for more. The reason why I didn't disclose our team before the match was not psychological, I had the choice of seven strikers and could only pick one. But I couldn't have made a better choice, well, unless Steve-O (Stephen Fletcher) had scored 4!

This win puts the Lilywhites in uncharted territory, 2nd in the league, equal in every way to Charlton. Southampton are bottom thanks to their name beginning with an 'S' rather than the 'L' of Liverpool.

Man of the Match
                          Ishmael Miller
                          Last edited by Burrow27; December 30th, 2009, 04:28 PM.

Comment

PNE reject bid for Mattock

Reports from Preston North End are that the Lilywhites have rejected a £4m offer from Notts County for 18 year old Joe Mattock. The left back is currently third in the pecking order behind Heberson Ronny and Gareth Bale, but manager James Burrow believed that Mattock still has more to give at the club, being the youngest member of the first team squad. He did re-iterate however, that Mattock is available for loan but will not be allowed to play in cup competitions.

Other Transfer Gossip

Golden-oldie Teddy Sheringham looks set to leave Cheltenham Town after a fee of just £10K was agreed between them and American side Kansas City Wizards.
                            Also, young Leyton Orient centre-back Robert Muller has completed his swith from The Orient to Ancona.
                            Gillingham sell Guylain Ndumbu-Nsungu to Bezanija for £400K.
                            England international Joleon Lescott moves from Hull City to Pompey for club record fee of £15m.
                            Luis Fernandinho makes move from Shaktar Donetsk to Blackburn for £15m.
                            Last edited by Burrow27; June 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Team News
                              Preston v Crystal Palace

Preston North End have a fully fit squad to choose from. The manager is expected to keep the same XI that beat Southampton 4-2 in the last match. Ishmael Miller, who scored a hat-trick in the last match will spearhead the attack with either Vonlanthen or Benayoun supporting. Chris Gunter, having come on as a substitute in the last match, may be rewarded with a starting berth replacing the disappointing Juliano Belletti.

Crystal Palace go into this match having lost 1-0 to Bolton in Matchday 1. Caretaker Manager Neil Warnock has a fully fit squad of players to choose from. All three of Crystal Palace's new signings made their unconvincing debuts. Palace will want to pull themselves out of the relegation zone but won't be too worried as the season is only 3 days old.

Here is an extract from the press conference with the North End gaffer.

From BBC Sport
                              I may give another of my new signings a start or a place on the bench. Also, although we did win the last match, we did concede two goals. In another match, that could cost us the three points. Our defence may need a bit of a shake-up. Obviously, with a few new signings, it may take them time to settle, especially with them being young.

Comment

Working...
                              X