Messi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messi

No actually i would like to discuss something about Messi. Probably this was discussed before but since im kinda new i dont really know if it was discussed.

Currently Messi is positioned as a Forward/Advanced Midfielder. I agree Messi can and have played in both positions, however, he has been playing as a Wing almost his entire career in FC Barcelona shinning as a right winger and becoming the best player. Sure, against Arsenal in Barcelona he played as a second striker scoring 4 goals but still i have honestly saw him way more as a Winger than Forward, in fact he actually played more as an Advanced Midfielder than as a Forward.

In my opinion his position should be Wing/AM/Fwd but since it cant be 3 positions i would put him as a Wing/AM.

On another topic, i believe that Messi either played 99 or Christiano Ronaldo played for a 97. I dont think both players should have the same score.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by SM Dev (Ste); 06-09-2010, 09:42 AM.

Re: Messi

hey mate, i dont think messi should get a 99. Unless ofcourse he can prove in the world cup by leading argentina to victory or the finals. His international form has been poor. And Messi is no better than Ronaldo. He just plays for a better club and has xavi and iniesta behind him to feed him with passes. Unless he can prove something in the international stage, he does not even deserve a 98 in my opinion. If Spain win this world cup, i would actually be calling for xavi to get a 98. This guy is what makes messi look so good and is the heartbeat of both spain and barcelona

Comment

messi is not a winger though, he cuts inside so much and runs towards goal, a traditional winger stays outside.
      he is a forward who has drifted out a lot and cuts inside.
      hence the fwd position.

also he is not better then ronaldo.
      i cant be bothered to explain why there are already several threads about messi and ronaldo in great detail about the points you raise

Comment

Personally I would say ronaldo is the better player at the moment. But messi is still younger. When messi hits 25 I would gladly say messi would most likely be the better player.

But an answer to your question, I think he should be AM/Fwd.
        Last edited by lee18; 06-09-2010, 10:56 PM.
        Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Comment

Messi and Ronaldo should both be rated the same. Look at last season's stats and you'll see why. Messi is more magical (some thanks to Xavi) but Ronaldo is deadly and efficient.

Positions wise I see where you're coming from. His role doesn't really fit in on SM as in a 433 wingers formation (Barcelona style) he can't play anywhere (to his full potential) as he is neither a winger or a centre forward. This strikes me as being a little daft.

I'd suggest letting players have more than 2 positions (might raise this in the Development section). I can think of numerous players who can play multiple positions and this isn't reflected by SM or that, like Messi, they play a role that is pretty undefined by SM's structure.

Comment

Originally posted by lee18 View Post
            Personally I would say ronaldo is the better player at the moment. But messi is still younger. When messi hits 25 I would gladly say messi would most likely be the better player.
            ronaldo is better, you dont need to argue about it, whos proved themselves in the worlds toughest, hardest, best, unforgiving league, RONALDOOOO
            RONALDO -98 MESSI-97

Comment

Originally posted by A2R ANWOT View Post
              ronaldo is better, you dont need to argue about it, whos proved themselves in the worlds toughest, hardest, best, unforgiving league, RONALDOOOO
              RONALDO -98 MESSI-97
              As an aside, this is exactly why people from outside the UK think we're so obnoxious with regard to world football I'd have thought being on a forum like this would be enough to open your eyes a little.

Besides, what's a Liverpool fan doing supporting that lady-boy?

Comment

Originally posted by StuartH View Post
                As an aside, this is exactly why people from outside the UK think we're so obnoxious with regard to world football I'd have thought being on a forum like this would be enough to open your eyes a little.

Besides, what's a Liverpool fan doing supporting that lady-boy?
                i dont support him you just cant deny hes the best although i have to say laliga is the best now, but that is NOW, not a couple of seasons ago

Comment

Originally posted by StuartH View Post

I'd suggest letting players have more than 2 positions (might raise this in the Development section). I can think of numerous players who can play multiple positions and this isn't reflected by SM or that, like Messi, they play a role that is pretty undefined by SM's structure.
                  in the new match day experience i thought they were working on this.
                  if not then this idea is mroe of a necessity then a nice feature.
                  its a major problem with SM at the moment.
                  in real life a huge amount of players can play more than 2 positions equally well, no frop in form just for being in the secondary as there is in SM.
                  it really limits the players you can buy.
                  eg park cannot play DM at all , no way.
                  but he can CM LM RM AM. so you would put him as a MID but then ur allowing him to play DM which he cant.

ronaldo = RM LM WING. but you cant have this despite it being true.
                  all wingers suffer from not being able to play at RM/LM / WING as only 2 places available.
                  a feature that needs a slight revamp i think.

Comment

Working...
                  X