.CFC

English Premiership Rating Predictions

20 minutes ago, BOOM said:

Baffling.

Coutinho gets more goals / assists per minute.

Coutinho is better at dribbling.

Coutinho delivers in the big games FAR more than Eriksen.

Sounds like you are very Man U biased.

Anyway he'll be a Barca player soon, unlike Eriksen - because they want the better player.

I hate to attack the person rather than the argument, but I find it hilarious that you can attack someone for bias in this instance. You yourself, on your profile page, have a picture of Klopp holding an LFC banner. Perhaps there is a little bias on your side?

Both Coutinho and Eriksen are fantastic players, but I rate Eriksen higher.

17 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

I know a lot of (very very annoying) Livepool fans, a lot.....

And the VAST majority of them say the team functions much better without Coutinho, he's not as good as people make out over the course of a season, trust me, as a Utd fan is love to see Coutinho stay at Liverpool, he's Livepool encapsulated in one player, I.e. nowhere near as good as they think they are ;-)

Anyhow, football is about opinions and if I wanted a player to MAKE MY TEAM TICK, Eriksen all the time 

As a LFC fan, ive never heard this...

3 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

Oh don't get me wrong, I can't stand Liverpool but then again why would I have any bias towards Spurs A VIABLE CHALLENGER to City and Utd for the title, Liverpool are not..... That's the truth.

Coutinho makes nothing tick, this is what frustrates me about football fans, Carrick is a perfect example of a player that makes things tick, pick up the pace, drop the pace at HIS WILL... Coutinho is get the ball and drive at them 100% of the time, Eriksen is very much a Carrick type player, Coutinho is totally different to that.

Anyhow, as I said it's all about opinions and that's mine (no bias, believe it or not)

Yeah let's agree to disagree, game of opinions (although the stats can't be argued with).

I just don't think you are unbiased given what you are saying about LFC fans and you being a huge Man U fan.

5 minutes ago, Salty said:

aI hate to attack the person rather than the argument, but I find it hilarious that you can attack someone for bias in this instance. You yourself, on your profile page, have a picture of Klopp holding an LFC banner. Perhaps there is a little bias on your side?

Both Coutinho and Eriksen are fantastic players, but I rate Eriksen higher.

I am biased, I am a LFC fan - I haven't said otherwise.

It wasn't me who said I was unbiased, which is what I questioned.

If you're going to enter a debate, get your facts right!

Eriksen played in a better team last year, he stayed fit more.  But even then Coutinho was more productive per minute! ;) 

8 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

I know a lot of (very very annoying) Livepool fans, a lot.....

And the VAST majority of them say the team functions much better without Coutinho, he's not as good as people make out over the course of a season, trust me, as a Utd fan is love to see Coutinho stay at Liverpool, he's Livepool encapsulated in one player, I.e. nowhere near as good as they think they are ;-)

Anyhow, football is about opinions and if I wanted a player to MAKE MY TEAM TICK, Eriksen all the time 

Let's agree to disagree. Facts are facts! You should look at football matches in an impartial an objective manner,  bringing factual proof to a debate if you wish to participate in one.  According to whoscored (which is professional data analyzer, using an extremely accurate algorithm based on IRL performance to measure perfomance rating; it's so accurate that is used in bet centers to calculate the odds):

Coutinho: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80767/Show/Philippe-Coutinho (average 7,78)

Eriksen: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69344/Show/Christian-Eriksen (average 7,05)

Therefore it's factual proof that Coutinho is statically playing much better than Eriksen, especially in CL matches (Coutinho 7,79 vs Eriksen 6,91).

2 hours ago, RoyalAguila said:

Let's agree to disagree. Facts are facts! You should look at football matches in an impartial an objective manner,  bringing factual proof to a debate if you wish to participate in one.  According to whoscored (which is professional data analyzer, using an extremely accurate algorithm based on IRL performance to measure perfomance rating; it's so accurate that is used in bet centers to calculate the odds):

Coutinho: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80767/Show/Philippe-Coutinho (average 7,78)

Eriksen: https://www.whoscored.com/Players/69344/Show/Christian-Eriksen (average 7,05)

Therefore it's factual proof that Coutinho is statically playing much better than Eriksen, especially in CL matches (Coutinho 7,79 vs Eriksen 6,91).

Whoscored isn't a be all and end all, let's also consider the quality of opposition and role in a system here. 

I also consider Coutinho a more direct player, but personally as a barca fan I'd take Eriksen over Coutinho every day of the week and twice on sundays.

EDIT:

Might I also add, that whilst stats are important, they may not directly correlate to one player being better than another.  Because there are other elements to the game besides that which directly leads to a goal. Even for attacking players. 

Salah and Insigne had better numbers than Hazard last season, are they better than Hazard?

heck, mane had 13 goals 5 assists in 26 starts

hazard had 16 goals 5 assists in 10 MORE starts. 36.

I still take Hazard over Mane easily right?

Precisely ! :)

3 hours ago, RoyalAguila said:

As fantastic as all that is (I can clearly see you put a lot of effort into that so fair play!) You have only succeeded in proving my point....

I said that Eriksen MAKES A TEAM TICK BETTER I.e dictates tempo etc, I also said that Coutinho is more of a drive at the defence every chance he gets, therefore his stats for chances created SHOULD be higher (in fact if anything he should be WAY out ahead of Eriksen in this regard, the fact they are so close is actually a big plus for Eriksen!!!!!! He can do his thinking in the middle of the pitch that Coutinho can't do AND get his stats right up there) 

Bringing proof to a debate as you put it is fine, but when your at the wrong debate it kinda makes you look silly 😋

11 hours ago, Yuasa said:

Origi was review with wolfsburg or will be review with Liverpool?

gonna stay anyway

10 hours ago, CMcG188 said:

If people could share their opinions, please do.

Will Gundogan go down?

stay

9 hours ago, Franklyn said:

Salah or Firmino? 

Salah

7 hours ago, Mickbor59 said:

Ben davies? Stay or +1?

+1

6 hours ago, Franklyn said:

Would you accept Karsdorp+Bazoer+ Kaputska/Edimilson Fernandes for Sanson?

I prefer Sanson. Karsdorp injured for a while, Bazoer and Kapustka going nowhere in their careers

5 hours ago, Mickbor59 said:

Kepa (bilbao) stay 87 or +1 or +2?

+1, but with the RM rumours +2 wouldn't be unsurprising/undeserved either

2 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

As fantastic as all that is (I can clearly see you put a lot of effort into that so fair play!) You have only succeeded in proving my point....

I said that Eriksen MAKES A TEAM TICK BETTER I.e dictates tempo etc, I also said that Coutinho is more of a drive at the defence every chance he gets, therefore his stats for chances created SHOULD be higher (in fact if anything he should be WAY out ahead of Eriksen in this regard, the fact they are so close is actually a big plus for Eriksen!!!!!! He can do his thinking in the middle of the pitch that Coutinho can't do AND get his stats right up there) 

Bringing proof to a debate as you put it is fine, but when your at the wrong debate it kinda makes you look silly 😋

someone bring xG into this debate please ;)