Sign in to follow this  
Safir

The Random Thread

Re: Let's talk about stuff

What does "Schaisse osasto" mean? Can't even tell what language that's in :P

Maybe he's in a cult that sacrifices virgins and steals goats?!

But more likely it refers to some sort of socio-professional memebers only club..where they all get together to put hexes on people and sing Cumbaya ..

What does "Schaisse osasto" mean? Can't even tell what language that's in :P

But more likely it refers to some sort of socio-professional memebers only club..where they all get together to put hexes on people and sing Cumbaya ..

Lol. Am I that weird? :P

It's German and Finnish and refers to something that was more in the past. Time to remove it :)

So Elton, how have you been? Haven't talked to you in a while.

It's German and Finnish and refers to something that was more in the past. Time to remove it :)

No just pulling yer leg Old man :)

Pretty interesting that-so is one German and one Finish or a both words are combinations of ?

Never thought there would be a mating of sorts between the two...

Wouldn't surprise me if he was :P

So Elton' date=' how have you been? Haven't talked to you in a while.[/quote']

Don't understand why you've changed it to "default" now, the other one sounded better ;)

OK I suppose, your probably not gonna talk to me for an even longer period soon when my workload piles up :o

Err, since this is a discussion thread I'll suggest two topics I read briefly today.

Scientologists 'tried to stop' The Master film

Kate and William angered by 'grotesque' invasion of privacy

Never really did have a good opinion on journalists or Scientology :P

Wouldn't surprise me if he was :P

Err' date=' since this is a discussion thread I'll suggest two topics I read briefly today.

Scientologists 'tried to stop' The Master film

Kate and William angered by 'grotesque' invasion of privacy

Never really did have a good opinion on journalists or Scientology :P

nah sounds like the goat/virgin sacrifice will be replaced by a bit of swiss cheese and sorrel...

Who really cares about scientology to be honest? Maybe it's just the marketing of the film or some such like that silliness about the other film.

Another nonstory about Kate's boobies just like Harry's billiards..So you marry into the family and don't expect the treatment?

Can't figure out what the problem is -the publishing, the pics or the timing...

and let's face it Royals have always made themselves a bit of :eek:..

http://www.infoplease.com/world/countries/british-royalty/scandals.html

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/who-the-bleep/royal/royal-crimes-scandals-pictures.html

nah sounds like the goat/virgin sacrifice will be replaced by a bit of swiss cheese and sorrel...

Who really cares about scientology to be honest? Maybe it's just the marketing of the film or some such like that silliness about the other film.

Another nonstory about Kate's boobies just like Harry's billiards..So you marry into the family and don't expect the treatment?

Can't figure out what the problem is -the publishing' date=' the pics or the timing...

and let's face it Royals have always made themselves a bit of :eek:..

[url']http://www.infoplease.com/world/countries/british-royalty/scandals.html[/url]

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/who-the-bleep/royal/royal-crimes-scandals-pictures.html

Not many people, I hadn't heard of it until a whole R.S. lesson was dedicated to watching a documentary that didn't show it in a positive light, though it might just have been biased.

I guess people should've expected a story like this surface sooner or later, journalists will do anything to a get a story that provokes so much interest. Shame that petty stories like this have more coverage than stories like this one I read the other day, completely escaped my mind to mention it in my Physics lesson as well :o

Not many people' date=' I hadn't heard of it until a whole R.S. lesson was dedicated to watching a documentary that didn't show it in a positive light, though it might just have been biased.

I guess people should've expected a story like this surface sooner or later, journalists will do anything to a get a story that provokes so much interest. Shame that petty stories like this have more coverage than stories like this one I read the other day, completely escaped my mind to mention it in my Physics lesson as well :o

Oh it's pretty cool-and fine if it works for it's followers once it does not infringe negatively on society..

Can we really blame the media for their or anyone's bad behavior? The media is driven by what people want to see isn't it. The Royal Institution may be all well and good but some of the people in there are a bit unroyal as regards to behavior.

Yeah lovely stuff -but I think it's geared towards the study of Graphene the miracle material. While the mainstream media worry about fanatical behavior, dress codes etc science has been pushing boundaries -rover on Mars, Bloodhound rocket test, hungry black holes etc.

One was a German word, one was a Finnish word. Couldn't find an equivalent word in English at all..

RE changing it: Err, so it concerned a former phase in my life. Which is now in the past. Thus, deleted :)

Elton, you're still in college (as in not University) right? So you have lots of work, but a lot of it is busy work? Find ways to crush the work while leaving you tons of free time to develop important skills and networks.

Trust me, it's extremely important. I had to do this skills overhaul just now (sorta semi-coasted through my 1st year in university academically, but now I've gone super serious about retooling my skill set). Wish I had done this a lot earlier. It's just so important to make sure academics don't take up all my time -- how else would I be able to advance my career? Talk to recruiters? Get internships? Etc. :P:)

Kate's boobies: Err, great. I don't think anyone truly cares about the nudity. Kate cares about loss of control. The french mag cares about narrow-minded readers who have attention spans nearing 0, and thus, can only notice things like boobs.

Scientology: It's just a big money-making machine scam. Like many other things in the world. There's a far bigger one going on, it's called the Mitt Romney campaign for presidency.

But how are you Elton? What's your daily life going to be like this year? New things? Plans? University? Interesting things? Concerns? :)

PS. I'll add this here too, although I already bugged arampage about it.

EVERYONE, WATCH THE WIRE. BEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME IN THE WORLD. :)

@arampage

A lot of their followers are complete nutcases though :P Though I guess you could say other's religions have a lot of complete nutcases, though I don't see how Scientology is a religion or can call it's places of worship churches.

I suppose, everyone wants a bit of scandalous news so that they can point fingers and gossip about them. Like Prince Harry? :P

Ah, the Mars rover, I saw the article in the morning at college and the images were quite impressive.

@Safir

Yes, that is so. Haven't got too much work at present, though it'll start piling up soon enough. That sounds useful, though I don't know how I'm going to acquire these skills while trying to juggle with my workload. What kind of thing did you do for your skills overhaul? What course do you actually do at uni, either you never mentioned it or I have a terrible memory :P

My Physics teacher had a bit of a rant about the Romney (and Obama to an extent) as well as the whole American presidency election system was flawed, I can't really give an opinion on it since I don't care much for this stuff yet, let alone the American presidential campaign ;)

More relaxed I hope, dropped ICT which frees up my weeks in college a bit more so that my time spent doing work at home is a little less hectic. Dunno what I'm actually going to do with my spare time though, I still have other assignments to do like writing a report on additive manufacturing that hasn't really got that far yet :o I've nearly finished my university application now, hopefully getting it in early will appeal to them more.

I don't watch much American TV shows, been meaning to watch Game of Thrones but would rather read the books instead first, The Wire gets 9.5/10 on IMDB which I guess is good :eek: Looks like a lot of episodes to watch though, considering each are an hour long.

@arampage

A lot of their followers are complete nutcases though :P Though I guess you could say other's religions have a lot of complete nutcases' date=' though I don't see how Scientology is a religion or can call it's places of worship churches.

I suppose, everyone wants a bit of scandalous news so that they can point fingers and gossip about them. Like Prince Harry? :P

Ah, the Mars rover, I saw the article in the morning at college and the images were quite impressive.

[/quote']

Oh sillier things have happened - and I am sure they add to the kaleidoscope of mankind, just can't figure out what as yet. Besides other religions have used their influence to stop or make things difficult for other groups or people-so no big news there.

Actually it may also be the lower classes having a laugh at the aristocrats..

It is-an engineering marvel!

I'm truly annoyed with you lot' date=' I should of been informed of this several days ago :P[/quote']

You should be more observant ;)

Just read this now, didn't think that UCL was that good, it's got the same entry requirements for my course (AAA) which is the same as Brunel, which is very near to me, and Brunel is nowhere near the top 100 in the world, quite strange.

EVERYONE' date=' WATCH THE WIRE. BEST TV SHOW OF ALL TIME IN THE WORLD.[/size'] :)

It is really good, seen ever series but the last one. So far my favourite series' have been the first and 4th. Cant believe how many people have died. My 3 favorite characters Stringer, Bodie and Dee all gone:(

I'm truly annoyed with you lot' date=' I should of been informed of this several days ago :P[/quote']

I swear I thought you knew -especially with all that prancing and jumping around..at the http://www.valentiaislefestival.com/

Yeah folks hes one of the major acts B)

You should be more observant ;)

Just read this now' date=' didn't think that UCL was that good, it's got the same entry requirements for my course (AAA) which is the same as Brunel, which is very near to me, and Brunel is nowhere near the top 100 in the world, quite strange.[/quote']

Awesome!

Find a Uni ...check

Get the grades....?

It is really good' date=' seen ever series but the last one. So far my favourite series' have been the first and 4th. Cant believe how many people have died. My 3 favorite characters Stringer, Bodie and Dee all gone:([/quote']

Well finally an impartial observer-so do I need to start looking at season 1?!

And please be aware I will burn your houses down if it's tripe, or follows the same storyline like Lost (gave up after watching half an episode), 24 (gave up after watching a missile launched in one episode and by somewhere in the second I got bored..and it did not land..within the US btw) or anything remotely resembling Transformers 3 (sure we are suppose to pretend-but does that mean we are supposed to suspend thinking...)

Shh Angus, don't give away stuff :P

It's top HBO stuff, so nothing like the stupid fixed mould shows. It's a "slow" show, unravels like a book instead of providing entertainment confined in 1h limits like the Hollywood writers like doing (Law and order, CSI eww)

Carcetti is super-interesting. As is of course Stringer. And Burrell. Very realistic folks :)

RE to others will come but can't right now:D

Shh Angus' date=' don't give away stuff :P

It's top HBO stuff, so nothing like the stupid fixed mould shows. It's a "slow" show, unravels like a book instead of providing entertainment confined in 1h limits like the Hollywood writers do.

Carcetti is super-interesting. As is of course Stringer. And Burrell. Very realistic folks :)[/quote']

:rolleyes: Maybe it's just me but I really don't trust American Channels telling/providing media and then rating it and then God Forbid give awards to it!

Don't forget to head over to Valentia's place this weekend!

:rolleyes: Maybe it's just me but I really don't trust American Channels telling/providing media and then rating it and then God Forbid give awards to it!

Don't forget to head over to Valentia's place this weekend!

It's realistic and touches real issues important in our lives. How's that? :P

And que?

actually may be worth it -lots of things to see and do-

Thinking about retiring there :)

Definitely do!!!

Joke of the day ;)

Wow! Pricey tickets though

Nah the bands are pretty good man and the atmosphere around the place is unreal! Plus I got a free ticket so all is good :)