Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

42,961 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Kev said:

I can't stand utter nonsense. I'm a fan of Utd and Mourinho, but this guy is just ridiculous.

This is a joke, right? Am I being fooled by a parody account or something?

Established names like Robben and Cech who were BOTH ALREADY INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS?

Balotelli who was ALREADY PLAYING for Inter under Roberto Mancini the season before?

And a 25 year-old Drogba who'd played OVER 150 GAMES as a professional and was also an international player?

THAT is what you call giving youth a chance? Come off it, you can't be serious, surely?

You have 1 opinion but I have another

Robben and Cech wasn't established names, they were still young and had potential which Mourinho let them shine, With your logic Lukaku at 16 was an established name as he was an international player?

What I was saying about Balotelli, Mancini did give him 15 games or so but Mourinho then gave him double that at the age of 18, giving youth a chance? and him and Mourinho had fall outs

About Drogba, He played 170 + games and Internationally only played 4 games, was an average player IMO. When he moved to Chelsea, he was a beast, he was Mr Wembley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TalentSearcher said:

You have 1 opinion but I have another

Robben and Cech wasn't established names, they were still young and had potential which Mourinho let them shine, With your logic Lukaku at 16 was an established name as he was an international player?

What I was saying about Balotelli, Mancini did give him 15 games or so but Mourinho then gave him double that at the age of 18, giving youth a chance? and him and Mourinho had fall outs

About Drogba, He played 170 + games and Internationally only played 4 games, was an average player IMO. When he moved to Chelsea, he was a beast, he was Mr Wembley

Not opinions, facts.

Lukaku had played over 100 professional games and won the Belgian league before he signed for Chelsea. That can no way count as uncovering young talent. If it does then please explain how, because the whole of Europe knew about the guy. It wasn't some secret.

And it wasn't even Mourinho that signed him so bringing him up here is pointless! In fact, MOURINHO GOT RID OF HIM! So much for giving young talent (even established, title-winning internationals) a chance!

Is it really your opinion that title-winning international footballers are not established is any way?

Whoever signs Mbappe this summer (if he moves) won't have discovered an unknown talent - he's young but already established and has represented his country - half of Europe want him.

Kierans91 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not opinions, facts.

Lukaku had played over 100 professional games and won the Belgian league before he signed for Chelsea. That can no way count as uncovering young talent. If it does then please explain how, because the whole of Europe knew about the guy. It wasn't some secret.

And it wasn't even Mourinho that signed him so bringing him up here is pointless! In fact, MOURINHO GOT RID OF HIM! So much for giving young talent (even established, title-winning internationals) a chance!

Is it really your opinion that title-winning international footballers are not established is any way?

Whoever signs Mbappe this summer (if he moves) won't have discovered an unknown talent - he's young but already established and has represented his country - half of Europe want him.

Are you that stupid that you can't read - You said Robben and Cech were established names as they were international players, so I'm saying with your Logic that Lukaku was an Established name at 16 - I'm not saying Mourinho uncovered his talent or anything like that, READ WHAT I SAY INSTEAD OF TWISTING THINGS TO THE WAY YOU LIKE IT

Mbappe isn't an established name, he young and full of potential

Establshed name are world star like Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Pogba - Player who have been around for years

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Are you that stupid that you can't read - You said Robben and Cech were established names as they were international players, so I'm saying with your Logic that Lukaku was an Established name at 16 - I'm not saying Mourinho uncovered his talent or anything like that, READ WHAT I SAY INSTEAD OF TWISTING THINGS TO THE WAY YOU LIKE IT

Mbappe isn't an established name, he young and full of potential

Establshed name are world star like Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Pogba

 

Yes I can read what you say perfectly! I've twisted nothing!

So... only the top few biggest names in the world are established? What does it take to be established then? A world cup win? Ballon d'or?

Would Jesse Lingard be established? Because if you're telling me he's an unknown youngster (aged 24!) then you're having a laugh! His total senior games (including for England)? Less than 130. 

Compare that to these guys who had apparently done nothing before Jose finally gave them a kick of the ball (yes I'm being sarcastic):

Robben - over 130 senior professional games, international player, Dutch league title to his name. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH!

Cech - over 150 senior professional games, international player. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH.

Both more experienced when they signed for Chelsea than Lingard is now.

If you want an example of giving youth a chance then look at Harry Winks at Spurs. Came through the youth academy, got a couple of games last season and has now become a regular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yes I can read what you say perfectly! I've twisted nothing!

So... only the top few biggest names in the world are established? What does it take to be established then? A world cup win? Ballon d'or?

Would Jesse Lingard be established? Because if you're telling me he's an unknown youngster (aged 24!) then you're having a laugh! His total senior games (including for England)? Less than 130. 

Compare that to these guys who had apparently done nothing before Jose finally gave them a kick of the ball (yes I'm being sarcastic):

Robben - over 130 senior professional games, international player, Dutch league title to his name. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH!

Cech - over 150 senior professional games, international player. NOT AN UNDISCOVERED YOUTH.

Both more experienced when they signed for Chelsea than Lingard is now.

If you want an example of giving youth a chance then look at Harry Winks at Spurs. Came through the youth academy, got a couple of games last season and has now become a regular.

Dictionary - Established - Done something for a long time and therefore recognised and accepted

Players to be established are players who been around the block, don't have the label as having potential to become class/world star etc, hard to put an age on it as some freaks do establish very early but to most it's not players under 22

IMO Lingard is establish as an frustrating, hit n miss, workhorse winger, Like Neville said few weeks back which I agree with about Barkley, that people need to stop labelling him as potential as he's 23 as he been playing a long time

Robben and Cech has played over 100 games before joining Chelsea at the age of 20 and 22. Robben still needs to establish himself as a winger and it was rare back in 2004 to find a young keeper with Cech potential. Look at the clubs they were playing for, big step up from playing for PSV to Chelsea at that age.

I did give you many examples -

Balotelli - 15 games under Mancini and Mourinho gave him double that following season

Loftus-Cheek - 7 games or so then 17 following season even know he was sacked so we Never know how much he would of got

Also did Jese, Morata etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, over 100 professional games isn't established then. Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, Iker Casillas, Buffon... none of them were established international players because 100-odd games isn't enough. 

But 7 (I think it was actually 4 in the first season, but whatever...) for Loftus-Cheek is...

How does this relate to or signify Mourinho giving youth a chance exactly?!

head-desk-bartlett-2.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kev said:

OK, over 100 professional games isn't established then. Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, Iker Casillas, Buffon... none of them were established international players because 100-odd games isn't enough. 

But 7 (I think it was actually 4 in the first season, but whatever...) for Loftus-Cheek is...

How does this relate to or signify Mourinho giving youth a chance exactly?!

head-desk-bartlett-2.gif

 

Don't bother...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AniAniAni said:

Don't bother...

 

No, I'll stop now. The point of the debate was for him to persuade me that Mourinho gives youth a chance. Buying young (ish), experienced full internationals like Robben, Cech and Drogba doesn't count. In fact it's laughable. The guy's either a wind up or actually insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kev said:

OK, over 100 professional games isn't established then. Bobby Charlton, David Beckham, Iker Casillas, Buffon... none of them were established international players because 100-odd games isn't enough. 

But 7 (I think it was actually 4 in the first season, but whatever...) for Loftus-Cheek is...

How does this relate to or signify Mourinho giving youth a chance exactly?!

you logic is a joke

Robben was 20, Cech was 22 - Did Robben know the whole game at the age of 20? no, same with Cech. Have you ever heard of people saying this guy has potential? mean he isn't established yet. Idk why you keep bring international into it as they each only had 4 ish senior games internationally before moving to Chelsea.

Here an example - Tielemans, 19 yrs old played 177 games, He has potential to be a top Midfielder but he isn't established as he still learning the game, Belguim league isn't the biggest test, He need few years at a higher league to establish himself

Ok Loftus cheek had 4 games, but then more following season when Mourinho ws sacked

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

No, I'll stop now. The point of the debate was for him to persuade me that Mourinho gives youth a chance. Buying young (ish), experienced full internationals like Robben, Cech and Drogba doesn't count. In fact it's laughable. The guy's either a wind up or actually insane.

You the biggest joke and its laughable at you

So Robben(4) and Cech(15) international games at 20 and 22 are experienced internationally

what a fool

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

you logic is a joke

Robben was 20, Cech was 22 - Did Robben know the whole game at the age of 20? no, same with Cech. Have you ever heard of people saying this guy has potential? mean he isn't established yet. Idk why you keep bring international into it as they each only had 4 ish senior games internationally before moving to Chelsea.

Here an example - Tielemans, 19 yrs old played 177 games, He has potential to be a top Midfielder but he isn't established as he still learning the game, Belguim league isn't the biggest test, He need few years at a higher league to establish himself

Ok Loftus cheek had 4 games, but then more following season when Mourinho ws sacked

You the biggest joke and its laughable at you

So Robben(4) and Cech(15) international games at 20 and 22 are experienced internationally

what a fool

 

People like Der Commander got banned from these forums for trolling less than you do.

You are a total ass clown but I salute you in trolling so well. You must be an old forumer, the aforementioned Der Commander, IanMco maybe because, and I mean this in the most sincerest way possible, nobody & I mean nobody can be this stupid on such a consistent level.

FYI Mourinho signed Pogba in the summer, he unearthed a gem there, google him if you don't know about that young not established talent (who would have been better off staying at Juve FWIW).

Sir Rahul and Kev like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ashtini said:

People like Der Commander got banned from these forums for trolling less than you do.

You are a total ass clown but I salute you in trolling so well. You must be an old forumer, the aforementioned Der Commander, IanMco maybe because, and I mean this in the most sincerest way possible, nobody & I mean nobody can be this stupid on such a consistent level.

FYI Mourinho signed Pogba in the summer, he unearthed a gem there, google him if you don't know about that young not established talent (who would have been better off staying at Juve FWIW).

I think he's trying to take the joke too far now. Buying in players who are established at other clubs or are full internationals IS NOT giving chances to youth/academy players. They've already been given their first team opportunities under other managers. These are the facts, and that is that.

  • The Portuguese has given first-team opportunities in the league to only 23 academy players during his 15 years of management

Jose Mourinho's abysmal record in promoting youth players is exposed as Sportsmail reveals that he has handed just five starts to Chelsea academy starlets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your the joke Kev

Idk how you can say a 20 year old is established or playing 4 games internationally is an experienced international player. I can't believe Lukaku, Tielemans etc at 16 were established, they knew the whole game at that age, experienced Internationally as well.(sarcasm)

Your just posting media views where I am posting facts and figures but oh well, 1 right person vs a load that just copy & paste media stuff about Mourinho

Even me quoting what Established means, Done something for a long time and therefore recognised and accepted

Ashtini, Pogba had an unlucky season IMO, your just looking at the price tag and not his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TalentSearcher said:

 

2 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Your the joke Kev

Idk how you can say a 20 year old is established or playing 4 games internationally is an experienced international player. I can't believe Lukaku, Tielemans etc at 16 were established, they knew the whole game at that age, experienced Internationally as well.(sarcasm)

Your just posting media views where I am posting facts and figures but oh well, 1 right person vs a load that just copy & paste media stuff about Mourinho

Even me quoting what Established means, Done something for a long time and therefore recognised and accepted

I never said anyone who'd played 4 international games was an experienced international player, but an international player is hardly an unknown! You can be an established player at age 20 easily. Time is relative and in football a heck of a lot can change in a season or two. Look at Kane or Alli at Spurs - hardly anyone knew about them just 2 years ago!

Would you not say that Mbappe (who's still very young) is established in the Monaco team now? He's played over 30 games this season so has regular first team football even for the biggest games. Or that Tielemans is established at Anderlecht with (according to you, not checked myself) 177 games? If Jose signs either of those highly rated and well known players does that count as giving youth a chance? 

Could you direct me to the FACTS you've posted please? The media "views" I posted were from FACTS and STATS. 

And please explain how this relates to Mourinho giving academy players a chance or giving young players their first chance in the first team. 5 starts to Chelsea academy players... only 23 academy players given a chance in 15 years. 

You can't seem to answer any questions or come up with a decent argument without going round in circles. Regular first team starters (Mbappe, Tielemans, Lukaku, Drogba, Cech, Robben) have ALREADY been given a chance to get themselves in the first team. FACT, NOT OPINION.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Kev said:

I never said anyone who'd played 4 international games was an experienced international player, but an international player is hardly an unknown! You can be an established player at age 20 easily. Time is relative and in football a heck of a lot can change in a season or two. Look at Kane or Alli at Spurs - hardly anyone knew about them just 2 years ago!

Would you not say that Mbappe (who's still very young) is established in the Monaco team now? He's played over 30 games this season so has regular first team football even for the biggest games. Or that Tielemans is established at Anderlecht with (according to you, not checked myself) 177 games? If Jose signs either of those highly rated and well known players does that count as giving youth a chance? 

Could you direct me to the FACTS you've posted please? The media "views" I posted were from FACTS and STATS. 

And please explain how this relates to Mourinho giving academy players a chance or giving young players their first chance in the first team. 5 starts to Chelsea academy players... only 23 academy players given a chance in 15 years. 

You can't seem to answer any questions or come up with a decent argument without going round in circles. Regular first team starters (Mbappe, Tielemans, Lukaku, Drogba, Cech, Robben) have ALREADY been given a chance to get themselves in the first team. FACT, NOT OPINION.

Talking to a brick wall

OMG You said Robben was an Established International name, No way you can be an established name after 4 games, You said playing internationally are hardly an unknown, there many footballers that playing internationally and still are unknown as they ain't established names like Kenny Tete, Gelsen Martins, Ryan Gauld, Sardar Azmoun, Jose Angel Pozo

You say Kane but he played 91 games before last 2 years and Alli played 88 games before last 2 years. They had to established themselves, Kane was 22 when he was established but Alli still isn't established IMO as he still young and people are still talking that he has potential to be world class. Is Donnarumma established, no. Is Coric established, no

Mbappe is still young, stlll has the label as a world class star, still learning the game and the same with Tielemans. It would be called giving youth a chance as they are still youngsters.

Look at Chelsea - Last player to come though youth team was Terry. Mourinho was giving Loftus Cheek time

Back in 2002, Did you hear of names like Cech and Robben? no, When Drogba was in his early 20's, did people know who he was? no

You just same the same thing over and over

Players need years to established themselves, you proved me point with Alli and Kane, Thank you

Zlat's All Folks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I NEVER said Robben was an established international. I said he was established and also an international. And yes, I had heard of him before he went to Chelsea. In fact Batman (Kezman) and Robben were spoken about a lot before then. Very well known in fact.

There's still NO WAY you can claim that signing a 25 year-old Drogba is giving youth a chance. Simply nonsense. He was bought from Marseille who are hardly an obscure unknown club and had played and scored in the Champion's League! Perhaps it's just you who can't remember things.

Saying that players like Gelson Martins are unknown youngsters is simply rubbish. Almost everyone on this forum and throughout the world of football will know of him.

Alli is an established player for Spurs and probably even England. He's already won a PFA award. 

26 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Look at Chelsea - Last player to come though youth team was Terry.

Doesn't that prove what I've been trying to say?

 

Enjoy your trolling/parody/whatever it is, but try changing the record a bit because at the moment it's more annoying than funny.

See ya later, from both me and whoever the hell this unknown child is.

l0Nwz30FcjourCPRu.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho has unearthed some right gems this season. Bailly, Pogba, Mikhi & Ibra are some discoveries by the man!

Kev likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Van Gaals good work at rebuilding your club with a project using young talent is already being destroyed

Pleases me United going backwards, Klopp has pretty much blooded more youth talent in his 18 months at Liverpool than Mourinho has done in his whole career

Im concerned for the likes of Rashfords developement as an England player, by remaining at United with Jose in charge. He simply doesnt have the skills to develop young talent.

ashtini likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, -JMH- said:

Van Gaals good work at rebuilding your club with a project using young talent is already being destroyed

Pleases me United going backwards, Klopp has pretty much blooded more youth talent in his 18 months at Liverpool than Mourinho has done in his whole career

Im concerned for the likes of Rashfords developement as an England player, by remaining at United with Jose in charge. He simply doesnt have the skills to develop young talent.

I quite liked LvG and he did give some academy players a break, but some of his tactics were baffling. Rooney as a left winger? Ashley Young through the middle? Fellaini up front!? He shouldn't have sold some of the players he did either.

United aren't going backwards though, but there's been no great leap forward just yet, and Liverpool are doing no better really. If Utd win their games in hand they'll be level on points. They seem to have more of a plan for the future in place as well. It's hardly been a classic year, even with a cup win (and we'll see what happens in Europe).

Klopp has given players like Woodburn a chance and at the moment I'd say them, Spurs, Arsenal and Southampton are perhaps the best places to get a game as an academy player.

Rashford will be fine. Jose is a big fan and stated this week that he's a big part of the future of the club. Even with a goal drought he was given game time. Martial's future looks dodgy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on qualifying for the semi finals of the Europa League, other than maybe Lyon none of the other teams should pose much of a threat...

...but saying that neither should a team whose starting XI and bench combined cost a third of what it cost to sign Pogba.

I pray to god Mourinho uses Rashford correctly and develops him properly, he has looked sensational.

Might go to the semi when tickets go on sale, me and 7 mates are going to Barcelona-Villareal and a few of them went last night with chat of going to the semis too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2017 at 7:28 PM, TalentSearcher said:

Are you that stupid that you can't read

 

Hahahahahaha this absolutely destroyed me! 

How on gods green earth you can call anyone stupid is beyond me. I've known more intelligent donkeys!

Alli and Donnarumma aren't established?! Are you having a giraffe! Jesus wept!

Kev and Sir Rahul like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased Utd went through, although it would have had to have been a shambles of a performance for them not to. Loving Zlatan and hope he comes back from his injury to play next season with United.

I think another season for Rashford like this one, in terms of how he is being used, will set him up well to take over from Zlatan as the main threat up top for United. He could probably do it already but I don't think another year like this would hurt his development.

I still stand by my opinion of Pogba not being what United were so desperate for in the summer, the money could obviously have been spent better in other areas. He has shown glimpses of brilliance with his passing and picking out players but it has been far to irregular for his price tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zlatan off to Los Angeles FC/LA Galaxy in Jan 2018 imo- he'll have the rest of the year off to recover from the injury. Only makes sense now- doubt Utd will give him a new contract when he'll be out for nearly a year.

Been good fun this season but time to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 9:15 AM, ashtini said:

People like Der Commander got banned from these forums for trolling less than you do.

You are a total ass clown but I salute you in trolling so well. You must be an old forumer, the aforementioned Der Commander, IanMcCo maybe because, and I mean this in the most sincerest way possible, nobody & I mean nobody can be this stupid on such a consistent level.

FYI Mourinho signed Pogba in the summer, he unearthed a gem there, google him if you don't know about that young not established talent (who would have been better off staying at Juve FWIW).

 

Oh do I miss those days...

ashtini likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now