Rishabh Desai

Official Manchester United Thread

The title has been decided this weekend. It looks like a club from Manchester will win the league. @TalentSearcher don't start celebrating quite yet. Just like last season, and the two before that, it's Man City that have won it already. This is going to be boring. Give them a trophy, reopen the transfer window and see if we can get more competition. Congrats Pep, for winning it again in October.

Also, it's easy to win 4-0 when Fellaini is whole but without him United fall to pieces. Even the sum of Fellaini's parts, his grit + his chest + the fro, is greater than the whole of this "team".

8 hours ago, 1000dB said:

The title has been decided this weekend. It looks like a club from Manchester will win the league. @TalentSearcher don't start celebrating quite yet. Just like last season, and the two before that, it's Man City that have won it already. This is going to be boring. Give them a trophy, reopen the transfer window and see if we can get more competition. Congrats Pep, for winning it again in October.

Also, it's easy to win 4-0 when Fellaini is whole but without him United fall to pieces. Even the sum of Fellaini's parts, his grit + his chest + the fro, is greater than the whole of this "team".

I think Spurs will have a say, they have blown us away today, even with our own suicidal play.

@-JMH- I came across this post from the President of the Brazilian Branch for LFC (Brazil - Reds4us). Have you heard about them? It's a good post:

I'm Brazilian. My dad put a doll of a player in my room when I was born 2 months early than normal. He also got a jersey from Sport Club Corinthians, one of the biggest teams in Brazil and made lots of his friends to sign messages in the white stripes for a future where the probability for my survival wasn't so good, since I was encubated for nearly two months.

That's how I became a "corinthiano" a Corinthians Supporter. I grew a crazy supporter, but unlike England, Brazil is a huge country. I lived far far away from São Paulo and then, when I was eleven, even further. About 500km I live from São Paulo in the previous 20 years. I supported Corinthians as crazy until a fact changed the way I perceived football in Brazil completely.

In 1997, I was in São Paulo with my father - that never lived with me under the same roof, he left my mom when I was one year old - we went to the Canindé, the stadium of a club called Portuguesa. We were watching the Youth Brazilian Cup (called "Copa São Paulo de Futebol Júnior") and it was the time that supporters from different clubs around São Paulo made a big big fight.

There was people on the floor with their skulls bleeding, people kicking each other on the floor, and all sorts of violence, construction material from a place nearby (the stadium was being reformed) turned to war material. This conflicts went for months, and we still have it in Brazil. Coritiba and Atlético Paranaense (in Curitiba, South of Brazil) are terrible, Cruzeiro and Atlético Mineiro (in Minas Gerais) same thing, Vasco against Flamengo (in Rio) same thing. And the list goes on to Corinthians, São Paulo, Palmeiras... basically every single club over here supporters like that. It's no news when some supporter comes out dead from a match. No news over here.

After a year or so, disgusted by Football now, I went to see Brasil vs Chile, in the city where I live. People would pee on plastic cups and them throw far away at other people, just because. I left the stadium with the game under 20 minutes.

A year later, it was 1998-99 season in the Premier League. Liverpool and Everton was on TV and I didn't care for Football anymore. All of those things had killed my interest in the sport. But then, something happen while I was watching that match, Liverpool won 3-2, I didn't know that the game was called the Merseyside Derby.

Years went on, but in Brazil it was incredible hard to watch Liverpool. Premier League wasn't a thing. Internet in the beginning of 2000? Nops. Over here it was extremely expensive (still is, one of the most expensive internet in the whole world), so here and there I would know in the sports news that Liverpool won this or that.

About 8 years ago I met the girl that would become my wife, and she wasn't interested on Brazilian footbal either. Actually, she was a Liverpool fan. And 8 years ago, Premier League was on cable probably everyday. And she was a crazy fan. She wanted to watch every single match possible, and she was excited as hell with the matches. She knew the players, the tradition, the history. And she brought me back to football.

Now, I'm the President of the Brazilian Branch for LFC (Brazil - Reds4us), the first one in South America, I radio broadcasted hundreds of matches in an independent web-radio channel, I helped a lot of people to get to the Merseyside through the branch, I hosted more than thirty (30!) encounter of supporters in Brazil in several different states, São Paulo, Rio, Paraná, Minas Gerais, Bahia and more. I really don't think anyone, even if they are Bill Shankly's heirs, can tell me what I am and what I am not.

Let's get real: you didn't work hard to be born in Liverpool, did you? It wasn't like you need to do anything for this to happen, it wasn't like you need inteligence, or need to learn another language, or need to study hard, nothing. The mere fact that a local sports fan is a local sports fan, is geography and a huge amount of randomness. For all we know, it is just a case of chance. That's it. So, people should really drop the about being a better supporter for being born in Liverpool (or whatever the place). What I understand from people shunning supporters from other places is the same kind of behavior that a rich and spoiled kid do to people that don't study in their expensive school, or that their father don't have a freaking expensive Japanese car plus a Camaro. This kid is rich by pure chance too.

Saying that a kid that comes from other place to watch a match are giving the supporters a bad name FOR DOING BAD THINGS is totally OK as it should be. No group of supporters from any team should embrace bad behavior, of course.

But let's observe more and judge less. No side has anything to gain from this kind of behavior.

Really, two thousand and freaking fourteen and people are picking on other people for not supporting "what they are supposed to". Well, men are 'supposed' to have sex with women, no? What else are we supposed to do? Go to the church? Have the same profession as your father? Have sex just after marriage?

Perhaps we should start slaving each other again?

There are a few grammar mistakes, I won't correct them, sorry about it.

On 22/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, 1000dB said:

@-JMH- I came across this post from the President of the Brazilian Branch for LFC (Brazil - Reds4us). Have you heard about them? It's a good post:

I had not. But what a great read. Thank you for forwarding it.

Football really is tribal on another level in South America!

Mourinho 's insistence on calling ROMERO world class backfired last night against Bristol City

You have the best keeper in the world and ROMERO gets to play all the cups and CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

this single action alone will break manchester united's back. if I was DE GEA I would leave for any European club. whats the point in playing at man utd if you cant play champion league.

absolute muppets

On 22-10-2017 at 10:18 AM, 1000dB said:

The title has been decided this weekend ... This is going to be boring. Give them a trophy, reopen the transfer window and see if we can get more competition. Congrats Pep, for winning it again in October.

This was a tongue-in-cheek comment but TBH it wouldn't be the worst idea now.