Duncan

English Championship 2

Re: English Championship 2

Hi ' date='

Well must be honest this is not the most active forum world but it is at almost 100% and has been since inception.

There are a few maverick characters in this game world and we could produce some interesting posts/[/quote']

Ok, well see if you can find any more guys willing to post their experiences in EC 2.

Would be great, as it is a very competitive GW :)

I used to manage Wolves in EC2 where I built a top class academy. I posted on this identical thread:

English Championship 2

Whoops' date=' sorry mate.

I couldn't find EC 2 when i searched for it, so i created one. :)

Lol wow there's a thread for this setup. I used to be at Fulham for over 100 games so earlier in the week I took over Cheltenham Town :D

Ye its a very nice GW, good luck :)

Hey there' date=' I'm the manager of Crewe Alexandra, 4th div.

Took control of the team when it was a complete disaster, but I'm slowly building a team that could reach div 1 in about 5-6 seasons if everything goes well![/quote']

GREAT :D who are your star players atm?

GREAT :D who are your star players atm?

Well I got Jackson Martinez which was my first signing when he was still unknown at Jaguares, then I got Rodrigo of Benfica and Luis Muriel which will be back from injury soon and he's gonna be a star (I got these 2 for Aubameyang :D ). Then I have some old solid 88, with Kehl of Dortmund that might actually rise to 89 soon and then I have loads of young talents

Well I got Jackson Martinez which was my first signing when he was still unknown at Jaguares' date=' then I got Rodrigo of Benfica and Luis Muriel which will be back from injury soon and he's gonna be a star (I got these 2 for Aubameyang :D ). Then I have some old solid 88, with Kehl of Dortmund that might actually rise to 89 soon and then I have loads of young talents[/quote']

Nice, lol i have Aubameyang now :D

English Championship 2

Opening the thread about EC2 to discuss about transfers, results and cheaters (which seems to be a recurring problem lately).

Let's start with cheaters: as we all know Walsall and Tottenham are managed by the same manager, look at the latest transfer offers he made:

2uo3tqv.jpg

So he made offers for Kozlov, Lodeiro and Tarasov, very low for his main team (Walsall) and very high with his second team, so if somebody made an offer he would get the players either way and transfer them eventually. But once he had the certainty of getting those players with Walsall, he carefully withdrew the offers with Tottenham:

2hs65io.jpg

It's so sad to see people needing to cheat in a computer game, but now that we know we can at least try to avoid dealing with the Walsall/Tottenham manager.

Matteo, thanks for opening this thread. It's much saner way to discuss game issues like this.

I'm increasingly of the opinion, that it's all Scott McFaden it's possible that these two accounts are controlled by two different people. Possibly friends, or even brothers.

Let's look at the evidence again.

New manager of Tottenham takes over and one of the first things he does is buy the previously unsellable Vermeer from Walsall for an overrated £15M when he already has a better keeper in Ochoa, who he then sells to Fulham for an underrated £12M. Underrated and overrated in the eyes of the rest of the game world managers. Meanwhile, he also sold Dzemaili to West Brom for £14.3M, Kakuta to Derby for £5M, and Gignac to Newcastle for £8M.

You started a thread in the game world news feed questioning the legitimacy of the Vermeer deal, and Scott followed up by questioning the Dzemaili deal, too. Looking at all of those deals now, the transfer fees paid and received for Vermeer, Ochoa and Dzemaili do look to be within an acceptable range for what we might expect. Perhaps a bit high for a youngish, (improving ?) 88-rated keeper? Perhaps a bit low for a youngish, (improving?) 89-rated midfielder/goalkeeper? Certainly, the goalkeeper transfers don't appear to make any sense, but that's not the same as cheating.

On the other hand, £5M for Kakuta is maybe a little low, and £8M for Gignac seems (to me) like a steal. Anyway, someone reported all of these deals (I reported Vermeer), and the message I received from the SMFA read, 'the SMFA Automated Transfer Monitoring System (ATMS) has not picked up any cheating in relation to the reported managers and transfers. The ATMS is highly tuned to look into several factors to see if the managers in question are cheating.' I realise that this doesn't mean there wasn't any cheating going on. I also reported the suspected Walsall/Tottenham multiple account and received, 'We have now investigated and taken action against these accounts.' As a result of these reports, the only transfer to be reversed was Gignac's. Which doesn't mean there was any cheating going on, just that the transfer fee is too low for the SMFA's ATMS.

Moving on to the latest transfers you highlighted above. Let's look at those bids individually:

Tarasov, 26 years old, 87-rated DM,M©, valued at £5M - Walsall bid £1.3M plus Greco, a 27 year old, 86-rated DM,AM©,M(LC). Tottenham bid a ludicrous £12M.

Kozlov, 26 years old, 84-rated D(RC), valued at 3.2M - Walsall bid £3.2M. Tottenham bid £6.2M.

Lodeiro, 24 years old, 85-rated AM(RLC), valued at 3.8M - Walsall bid £330k plus Immers, a 27 year old, 86-rated M,AM,F©. Tottenham bid £8M.

So, Walsall makes undisclosed bids for three players, Tarasov, Kozlov and Lodeiro (all likely rating risers). Tottenham then makes very high public bids for the same three players, which could be seen as an attempt to put off other bidders. I was interested in Lodeiro, for example, but I wasn't going to outbid £8M for him! Once the bids were accepted (and after you started a game world news feed thread about it), Tottenham withdrew their offers, in effect guaranteeing Walsall the players, as you point out.

Now, it could be, as you say, that the Walsall and Tottenham accounts are controlled by the same person. But it could also be that they are just friends, or even brothers:

urltihmek

Bear in mind that they both appear to be Russian, and that English is therefore unlikely to be their first language (and perhaps the Spurs manager doesn't speak or write it at all? SM has been at least partly translated into Russian, from what I can see). These latest transfers do look well dodgy (have you reported them?), but then again, it could just be friends/brothers trying to outdo each other. Maybe I'm just being terribly naive? Maybe someone can try talking to them?

And, rather amusingly, the Walsall manager has also defended 'Honest' Scott McFaden:

url0kcciu

Now, I don't really think that Scott is running these accounts (and I never said that he was), but I do think it's funny for him to publicly cast suspicion on other managers and then try (and fail) to take advantage of the situation for his own gain.

Anyway, that's my twopenn'orth. Lastly, I note, just for the record, that Tottenham also now sold Cerci (88-rated, 26 year old AM®,F(RC)) to Peterborough for a cut-price £8M.

Although the Kozlov etc deals cannot be reported or likely reversed as they were dealed with external clubs, it now provides further evidence of a possible link between the two clubs that if reported to SM may be what they need to give the manager(s) a second warning. As the previous message SM gave he who reported them indicated the manager(s) had been issued with a first warning.

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't really matter if they are two different people as there is an obvious connection. What SM will do if it finds a guilty link between them is ban their transfer dealings between them - which I guess will do.

The Spurs outbidding Walsall ordeal is simply a loop hole, it technically isn't unjust and we'll just have to accept that they will be doing that if only to claim mediocre players.

The Spurs manager selling the likes of Gignac and Ochoa is merely to create suspicious links with other managers and takes away blame and evidence from the Walsall manager.

Basically, do not deal with Walsall or Spurs - even if you're getting a steal its only encouraging them to ruin this gameworld.

Also, I don't think McFaden is connected to any other accounts and I'm not accusing him of being so but its things like the Walsall manager typing pretty much his first ever comment (other than trying to sell off Vermeer) and having it be defending McFaden like that. It's just strange, but I guess the whole situation is pretty strange and if you look hard enough, you could see corruption just about anywhere.

David, I agree with all you wrote but the part where the Walsall and Tottenham guy could be brothers. They are not, the part where he says "brother" it's referred to Scott, not to the Tottenham manager. What gives you enough proof that the guy is controlling both accounts is that he had to comment on a subject where he had nothing to do with (Ochoa going to Fulham). Either he got confused when he wrote it and tought he was actually writing with Tottenham or he's just plain dumb.

What happened with the last 3 players he both is the typical case of "damage control": he basically makes sure he gets those players one way or another. Worst case scenario he'll get them at a top price with his 2nd squad to resell them to his main team later on. It's funny that as I was discussing this with Scott I predicted to him that Tottenham was gonna withdraw once he was sure the Walsall got the players. Now the fact that he got 3 **** players makes it not that important, but if and when it will come to get better players it will **** off many people.

And last, the reason why he's selling players with cut-rate deals is because he doesn't care about it, he needs cash to keep having the leverage when he has competition on transfers.

Like Adriano said, the best way is to just let the whole gw to "isolate" him. Plus by now I believe that the whole "active" gw knows about this guy and will hopefully stop dealing with him.

But don't think that the headline GUARDADO & HUNT - SALE or EXCHANGE? will not appear over the next days, because it will lol

Cheltenham Town 2-1 Ipswich Town

Kuqi and Zanka Jorgensen scored the goals as Cheltenham make a solid start to life in Division 3 with 10 points from 6 games.

article-1297337232967-0d1db73d000005dc-231386_636x339.jpg

Flying Kuqi opens the scoring

Although the Kozlov etc deals cannot be reported or likely reversed as they were dealed with external clubs' date=' it now provides further evidence of a possible link between the two clubs that if reported to SM may be what they need to give the manager(s) a second warning. As the previous message SM gave he who reported them indicated the manager(s) had been issued with a first warning.

The fact of the matter is, it doesn't really matter if they are two different people as there is an obvious connection. What SM will do if it finds a guilty link between them is ban their transfer dealings between them - which I guess will do.

The Spurs outbidding Walsall ordeal is simply a loop hole, it technically isn't unjust and we'll just have to accept that they will be doing that if only to claim mediocre players.

The Spurs manager selling the likes of Gignac and Ochoa is merely to create suspicious links with other managers and takes away blame and evidence from the Walsall manager.

Basically, do not deal with Walsall or Spurs - even if you're getting a steal its only encouraging them to ruin this gameworld.[/quote']

Good points! Although, you might just as well argue that the Spurs transfers (and Scott's casting of suspicion on other managers) were a smokescreen for Gignac's transfer (the only one that was reversed).

It all reminds me of a different online multiplayer game I played years ago where the top players were all (suspected of) 'farming' other accounts to get there.

David' date=' I agree with all you wrote but the part where the Walsall and Tottenham guy could be brothers. They are not, the part where he says "brother" it's referred to Scott, not to the Tottenham manager. What gives you enough proof that the guy is controlling both accounts is that he had to comment on a subject where he had nothing to do with (Ochoa going to Fulham). Either he got confused when he wrote it and tought he was actually writing with Tottenham or he's just plain dumb.

What happened with the last 3 players he both is the typical case of "damage control": he basically makes sure he gets those players one way or another. Worst case scenario he'll get them at a top price with his 2nd squad to resell them to his main team later on. It's funny that as I was discussing this with Scott I predicted to him that Tottenham was gonna withdraw once he was sure the Walsall got the players. Now the fact that he got 3 **** players makes it not that important, but if and when it will come to get better players it will **** off many people.

And last, the reason why he's selling players with cut-rate deals is because he doesn't care about it, he needs cash to keep having the leverage when he has competition on transfers.

Like Adriano said, the best way is to just let the whole gw to "isolate" him. Plus by now I believe that the whole "active" gw knows about this guy and will hopefully stop dealing with him.

But don't think that the headline GUARDADO & HUNT - SALE or EXCHANGE? will not appear over the next days, because it will lol[/quote']

I disagree that the brother reference is towards Scott. I mean, it could be, but it doesn't make sense (to me) if it is. It makes more sense (to me) to take it literally, that he is addressing his brother (the Spurs manager, who is being accused), who maybe cannot write English to defend himself, but can read it.

As for the latest transfers where they both bid, they use the same computer, talk about the game with each other - it's easy (for me) to imagine how they could end up both bidding for the same (two out of three Russian) players. A friend of mine used to ask me which horse I had bet on before placing his bet on a different horse (as he knew he had a better chance of winning as I always backed losers). This is kind of the opposite - an experienced manager (Walsall) gets his friend/brother to play, so the brother tries to copy or compete with the experienced player.

That said, of course, as Adriano points out, there's still an unfair connection/control over the two accounts, even if it doesn't appear to be greatly significant.

Talking about the game, I'm not surprised of Rotherham's strong start, they have a very good young talented team. Newcastle is always right up there, and I believe that his formation is really effective. I had a very rough start and I'm thinking of switching my formation to a 4 line defense instead of the one I'm using right now. Which formation do you think is more effective?