Sign in to follow this  
deena_gold

The Mirror 80% league now recruiting for season 2

Come and join the best fantasy - reality trade off league out there!!!

4 TEAMS STILL AVAILABLE IN THIS HIGHLY COMPETITIVE LEAGUE WHICH IS PACKED TO THE RAFTERS WITH TOP-QUALITY MANAGERS:

- Marseille

- AC Milan

- Schalke 04

- Rangers ( now allowing this team up to an extra 8 additional players!!)

All you have to do is apply to the league and I will ask you 5 short questions based on the terms and conditions, here is the main body of those T&C's:

SUMMARY:

- Managers may only buy or sell players that have been bought/ sold in real life by their real life club in the transfer windows.

- Managers may also buy up to an extra 6 players of their own choice (in addition to the real life club transfers) from external clubs in the game.

- Your team must remain at least 80% authentic at all times (that's 6 extra players on top of a standard squad size of 22), no more than 6 extra players can be brought in regardless of how big your squad size becomes, though you may re-sell those extra 6 and replace them with others later.

PLAYER TRANSACTIONS:

- Managers MUST sell players to opposition managers at market value if the transaction has happened in real life, BUT ONLY IF THE PLAYER IS REQUESTED, if the player is not requested by the receiving manager (opposition) then the holding manager (you) may either keep the player or sell the player to the system once the transfer window has closed.

- Players that have been bought in real life by your club from external clubs in the game can be purchased from those teams (e.g. if Man United bought a player from Porto which is an external club in the game then the manager may buy that player from the external team), and the transaction will not count towards the 6 extra players.

- A player can only be sold to the system if:

1 - Your club sold a player to an external club in real life (e.g. if Barcelona sold a player to Ajax which is an external club in the game then the manager may sell that player to the system). This also applies to youth players who have since left the club and joined external teams.

2 - NOW THE MANAGER MAY SELL TO THE SYSTEM THOSE PLAYERS WHO HAVE BEEN TRANSFERRED IN REAL LIFE FROM YOUR TEAM TO ANOTHER IN-GAME TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND WHERE THE RECEIVING MANAGER HAS STILL NOT REQUESTED THAT PLAYER BY THE TIME THE REAL-LIFE TRANSFER WINDOW HAS CLOSED.

LOAN DEALS:

- Unwanted players must be kept by the club until they are sold or move on in real life, though you may choose to loan them out to the system in the meantime.

- Players who have been loaned-out in real life between in-game teams in the league can follow the same procedure as for real life transfers, i.e. the holding manager is OBLIGED to loan that player if the player is requested by the receiving manager,

eg: Nuri Sahin has been loaned out from Real Madrid to Dortmund in real life, these are 2 in-game teams in the league, therefore the Dortmund manager can demand to loan Nuri Sahin from Real who are then obliged to put the player up for loan and accept the request from Dortmund only. If Dortmund make the request to loan then they must keep the player on-loan until a time that the player returns to Madrid or signs for Dortmund/ another team in real life.

PLAYER EXCHANGES:

If a player has left your club for an external team in real life then he may be used as part of a player transaction with an external team in the game.

This also includes players who have moved from your club to another in-game team but the receiving manager has not requested the player during the transfer window.

E.g 1: If Newcastle wanted to sign Dimitar Berbatov from Fulham they could offer as part of the deal Djemba Ba if the player is not requested by Chelsea by the close of the transfer window.

'The Mirror 80% league - for PROPER managers who really want it'

Re: The Mirror 80% league now recruiting for season 2

Thanks Cule,

I try to keep the rules as simple and as minimal as they can be at the Mirror - it makes for a better and smoother game-play. Of course the rules have grown since the leagues inception - as a result of managers pushing the boundaries with me to cover all instances, eventualities and to reflect the real situation more closely.

At present we are experiencing that these rules play out solid and have proven to be well thought out in their structure - though I am sure they will be tinkered with in the future, but always to improve the game-play and never to take away from the enjoyment.

Loan deal structure:

I just want to say a little about the loan deal structure we employ at the Mirror as it has been subject to a recent debate between another manager and myself:

Players out on loan will return to their respective teams at the end of the season and 'managers are free to loan them back out to the system' so goes the rule...

'But why can't we just sell them and reap back the money? then we can buy more expensive players and they're really not part of my squad are they?

The reasons for the rule as it stands are as follows:

By allowing managers to re-loan these returning players they will save on wage bills as their teams are not covering the player wages. Which is all fine and well, but the reason we don't just allow these players to be sold off is twofold:

1 - Bigger teams such as Real Madrid have 'institutions' of youth players as opposed to squads, and allowing them to sell such vast numbers would be the same as sticking 20M in their already huge hands, this is unfair heaped upon the real-life situation of clubs, which is by its very nature unfair, so unfair heaped upon unfair does not go at the Mirror.

2 - A fraction of those youth players will make it through the ranks and you might have another David Beckham lurking somewhere, but more importantly at the Mirror we want to promote nurturing youth talent as opposed to a mass culling of it - which I find to be a deeply unattractive aspect of the game. Mass cullings are also a step away from the real life situation and so I want to steer the Mirror away from that altogether.

When a player moves on in real life he may be sold - if 20 youth players suddenly sign contracts with the external teams they are loaned out to in real life then the in-game manager may sell 20 youth players to the system, otherwise we loan them or nurture them in our youth ranks, but we do not cull them.

That's the Mirror ;)

- A player can only be sold to the system if:

1 - Your club sold a player to an external club in real life (e.g. if Barcelona sold a player to Ajax which is an external club in the game then the manager may sell that player to the system). This also applies to youth players who have since left the club and joined external teams.

I just have one question about the above point...can you player exchange with an external club if the player was sold in real life? or can you only sell that player to an external and then use the funds to buy one of the six you are allowed outside your real team?

Also, can all six be part of the first team or do we have a limit on how many can be playing at any given time?

Anyways, it sounds exciting...I will check the available teams and let you know.

Hi TBough,

In answer to your question:

If the player has left your club in real life -by whatever means- and he still remains part your in-game squad then you may use that player as part of an exchange or a direct cash transfer, there are no bounds on that.

This is new to the Mirror - starting in the upcoming season - as the current settings will only allow for cash transfers, but since all of the managers here have proven totally trustworthy I am now introducing it. As you know sometimes a player swap is a more efficient use of club resources especially if you are after a player from a more lowly team - their chairman will tend to price the player up and you get more.

There is no limit as to how many of the extra players can take to the pitch at any one time, it's entirely up to the manager and the rules are not designed to hinder that freedom in decision making.

Thanks for your interest.

Hi TBough' date='

In answer to your question:

If the player has left your club in real life -by whatever means- and he still remains part your in-game squad then you may use that player as part of an exchange or a direct cash transfer, there are no bounds on that.

This is new to the Mirror - starting in the upcoming season - as the current settings will only allow for cash transfers, but since all of the managers here have proven totally trustworthy I am now introducing it. As you know sometimes a player swap is a more efficient use of club resources especially if you are after a player from a more lowly team - their chairman will tend to price the player up and you get more.

There is no limit as to how many of the extra players can take to the pitch at any one time, it's entirely up to the manager and the rules are not designed to hinder that freedom in decision making.

Thanks for your interest.[/quote']

Ok great thanks for your quick response.

Let me know when I may expect an answer on my application to Schalke.

Yes, we are a bit quiet on the main forum boards it has to be said though the managers are more than doing their talking on the pitch - see the mid-term report elsewhere.....

Teams available to manage right now are:

Napoli

AC Milan

Newcastle

Marseille

Rangers (get extra benefits for the manager who takes them)

If you consider yourself worth your salt as a FOOTBALL manager - 5-star generals, vampire slayers and werewolf hunters are not strictly the skills that may guarantee your success here - and can deal with the unique structure and challenges teams face here without crying about having to keep Obertan e.t.c. then....

COME JOIN THE DE-FACTO BEST REAL-LIFE/ FANTASY TRADE-OFF LEAGUE ANYWHERE IN THE SM UNIVERSE, WITHOUT EQUAL !!!!!