Sign in to follow this  
leigh1

SM Predict - Season 3 Week 8

Re: SM Predict - Season 3 Week 8

are these set of fixtures? I thought this was football not... well... whatever it is! :mad:

Surely there should be at least 1 game from the top leagues?!

Ok, it aint a rule... but how should I, along with everyone else, know these unknown teams?

If I'm ever top scorer I will choose Div 3 teams from Malta... doesnt make sense does it?! I have an unfair advantage like that.

Anyway, the replies to the above would be: 'Well, there is nothing wrong as it doesn't break any rules'... well... we should create one.

LINFIELD 2 V 0 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 2 V 0 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 2 V 1 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 2 V 0 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 3 V 1 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 3 V 0 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 1 V 1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2 V 2 LARNE

I've just copied and pasted the scores of another guy... cba to try to guess them

Much gnashin of teeth and spittin dummies out of the pram this week over a set of fixtures from a league that has had 4 teams competin in European competition every season for over 40 years even if we do all get knocked out in the first or 2nd rounds but it wasnt the case before the fat cats decided to take the ball home and create a money spinnin Champs league for the top countries only.:rolleyes:

Cant see the harm in tryin to do create a wee bit of interest in my local league and what makes all the whingers think theyre experts in the top flight of european football cos if ya hav a wee glance at the sm predict leaderboard yas arent that hot in teams ya see on tv every week either.;)

Anyway congrats to the brave souls who can see predict for the fun game its supposed to be and not posted rubbish like Bobes degradin my countrys national league and from what i can see most of your predictions look spot on,so good luck to everyone and ill post the results here on Saturday nite so no-one has to lower themselves to go searchin for such an obscure country like Northern Ireland:cool:

LINFIELD 2-0 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 3-0 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 1-0 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 3-1 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 2-2 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 3-0 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 3-1 LARNE

Much gnashin of teeth and spittin dummies out of the pram this week over a set of fixtures from a league that has had 4 teams competin in European competition every season for over 40 years even if we do all get knocked out in the first or 2nd rounds but it wasnt the case before the fat cats decided to take the ball home and create a money spinnin Champs league for the top countries only.:rolleyes:

Cant see the harm in tryin to do create a wee bit of interest in my local league and what makes all the whingers think theyre experts in the top flight of european football cos if ya hav a wee glance at the sm predict leaderboard yas arent that hot in teams ya see on tv every week either.;)

Anyway congrats to the brave souls who can see predict for the fun game its supposed to be and not posted rubbish like Bobes degradin my countrys national league and from what i can see most of your predictions look spot on' date='so good luck to everyone and ill post the results here on Saturday nite so no-one has to lower themselves to go searchin for such an obscure country like Northern Ireland:cool:

CRUSADERS 3-1 BALLYMENA

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 3-1 LARNE

__________________[/quote']

Well said Cally,never seen as much crying over a set of fixtures,this too is my local league and i do not see it as an advantage.Predict is all about TRYING to get the correct results.Take last nights Champs league,who honestly would have predicted Celtic 2-1 Milan,Liverpool 0-1 Marseille.Nuf said:p

Anyway here is my predictions.

LINFIELD 3-0 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 2-1 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 1-1 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 2-0 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 2-1 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 2-0 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2-0 LARNE

i PERDICTED Celtic to win last night, But im top here so enough said :P

& i wasent crying over these set of fixtures, i genuinly felt it would be a dis advantage to others not so used to Small leagues* Hence why i only post 1 small game in eircom or irish leaue when its my turn anyway..

Just hope cally dont win for more reasons than 1 :eek::D

LINFIELD 4 V 0 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 1 V 0 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 2 V 2 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 2 V 3 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 1 V 1 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 2 V 2 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 2 V 1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2 V 3 LARNE

Linfield 2 vs 0 Portadown [ESB]

Cliftonville 3 vs 2 Armagh city

Colleraine 1 vs 0 Donegal celtic

Crusaders 1 vs 2 Ballymena

Glenavon 2 vs 2 Lisburn Distillery

Glentoran 1 vs 0 Dunganon Swifts

Limavady 2 vs 0 Institute

Newry 1 vs 1 Larne

Is it to late

Anyway congrats to the brave souls who can see predict for the fun game its supposed to be and not posted rubbish like Bobes degradin my countrys national league and from what i can see most of your predictions look spot on' date='so good luck to everyone and ill post the results here on Saturday nite so no-one has to lower themselves to go searchin for such an obscure country like Northern Ireland:cool:

CRUSADERS 3-1 BALLYMENA

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 3-1 LARNE

__________________[/quote']

You may want to explain the bold. What the heck are you on? Who ever degraded your countries league anyway?

It stands to reason that If I ever won the week I wouldn't put 8 fixtures from Malta, for the obvious reason that it's an unfair advantage for me! I have no problem with having one or maybe 2 fixtures from it, but not all 8! It's like saying in you're maths O'level paper all you get is 8 questions on Functions, rather than 1 on 8 different subjects, so if you don't know functions you are busted and fail your O'level, which is by no means fair.

Ok Let By Gones Be Bye Gones.

Fixtures are up, and anyway personly speaking i know as much about the irish league if not more than i do about the English Eatlian ect these days.

Maybe since the rules cannot be changed , maybe a gentlemans agreement to spread fixtires out in future?

are these set of fixtures? I thought this was football not... well... whatever it is! :mad:

:rolleyes:

That's not downgrading the league - it's just saying a fact... the fact that the league is not known at all.

Again, I have no problem with the fixtures as they have broken no rules, however all 8 from a virtually unknown league? (again, not saying the league isn't good or anything, just stating a fact)

LINFIELD 3-0 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CRUSADERS 2-0 BALLYMENA

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2-0 LARNE

That's not downgrading the league - it's just saying a fact... the fact that the league is not known at all.

Again' date=' I have no problem with the fixtures as they have broken no rules, however all 8 from a virtually unknown league? (again, not saying the league isn't good or anything, just stating a fact)[/quote']

OK, I want to put an end to what I would say is petty bickering! Cally has broken no rules and has taken advantage of him winning last weeks predict! He is more than entitled to do this, as is every other winner throughout the season. The fixtures that are posted are the fixtures we are running this week. It makes no difference how small or obscure a league they are from, he is allowed to post fixtures from ANY league in world football!

I personally keep a very close eye on Stevenage Borough's results as that is my hometown team, if I win I will no doubt pick them as a fixture, how many of you know about their team or league?

In future if there are any problems with fixtures that are posted then I will deal with it. If anyone wants to complain or ask anything about them then please PM me rather than post of this thread as it is meant for posting predictions, not petty whinging! If anybody is not happy with this then you are free to not compete but as Cally says, this is just meant to be a bit of fun!

Here are my predictions....

CLIFTONVILLE 2-0 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 0-0 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 2-1 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 3-1 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 4-1 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 2-2 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 3-1 LARNE

Guest the plummer

LINFIELD 3-1 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CRUSADERS 2-0 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 1-0 LISBURN DISTILLERY

LIMAVADY 3-2 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2-1 LARNE

Cally its more interesting this way mate :)

Hopefully dungannonswifts win for me as my local team are called the Swifts :D

LINFIELD 2 V 0PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 1 V 0ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 3V2 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 0V1 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 1V1 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 6V0 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 2V1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 0V3 LARNE

CRUSADERS 3-1 BALLYMENA

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 3-1 LARNE

Well, there are my predictions!! (Looks a little bit like Callys I think :D ) lol

Maybe I will change one of the scorelines!

Its Friday night and still plenty of forumers to post their predictions for this week. Here are the people we are waiting on, you have until 1200 hrs tomorrow afternoon.

Shelbourne

Neller

Nav

Alan 'crazy bones' Neller

Herbythelovebug

Tom MFC

Juvefan

Rishabh Desai

Spanglish

Zazoon

Carroll

Mr Adamski

TH14

Abdi Rules

Sparkygeezer

Lilrick 25

Mark 1978

Baggiomalo

Krucinho

Gooner

Darshan j

Toggs Thomas

CRUSADERS 2-0 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 1-1 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 1-0 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 2-2 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2-1 LARNE

CLIFTONVILLE 3-1 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 2-1 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 1-1 BALLYMENA

GLENTORAN 3-1 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 1-0 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 1-3 LARNE

CRUSADERS 4-1 BALLYMENA

GLENTORAN 3-1 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 2-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 1-0 LARNE

LINFIELD 2 V 1 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 3 V 0 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 1 V 1 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 2 V 1BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 1 V 3 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 4 V 1 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 3 V 0 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 2 V 2 LARNE

Please keep your bickering to PM please and do not spoil this for everyone ,as the holder of S/M predict at the moment i would like to say thank you to Cally it was interesting finding and checking your league on internet ,nothing wrong with the same league whether it be Ireland /Malta or Outer Mongolia ,lets all be honest no matter what country your from how does it give you a fair advantage ,in todays modern age you can soon find the league on internet and check it and the teams out and past results ,After all most fixtures arnt that hard to predict you can tell by most average points by all managers ,what gets you the 10 points and above is predicting the correct result and nobody has an advantage with that ,unless someone has inside info on match fixing .:)

These are Nav's predictions for this week.

LINFIELD 2-1 PORTADOWN (ESB)

COLERAINE 2-1 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 1-2 BALLYMENA

LIMAVADY 1-1 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 1-2 LARNE

unless someone has inside info on match fixing .:)

Darn!! Cally we've been had :eek:;) Mind you Fixing some of these matches was beginning to get exspensive SM Perdict dont pay ou' all that good :D

LINFIELD 2 V 0 PORTADOWN (ESB)

CLIFTONVILLE 2 V 0 ARMAGH CITY

COLERAINE 1 V 1 DONEGAL CELTIC

CRUSADERS 1 V 1 BALLYMENA

GLENAVON 1 V 2 LISBURN DISTILLERY

GLENTORAN 3 V 0 DUNGANNON SWIFTS

LIMAVADY 1 V 0 INSTITUTE

NEWRY 3 V 1 LARNE