Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ashtini

Game of Thrones (includes spoilers)

129 posts in this topic

Re: Game of Thrones (inc spoilers)

Jack Gleeson=One of the best villains ever? Slight exaggeration I know but I don't think anyone could have played that role any better. Sad to see him leave.

And I love the Hound.

Jack Gleeson=One of the best villains ever? Slight exaggeration I know but I don't think anyone could have played that role any better. Sad to see him leave.

And I love the Hound.

He absolutely nailed Joffrey from the book character, apparently he hosted a private screening with his friends so he could see their reactions :D

The Hound and Ayra are gonna really develop this season I think.

4 favourite parts;

Ned's Head.

Blackwater.

Red Wedding.

King Joff.

He absolutely nailed Joffrey from the book character' date=' apparently he hosted a private screening with his friends so he could see their reactions :D

The Hound and Ayra are gonna really develop this season I think.

4 favourite parts;

Ned's Head.

Blackwater.

Red Wedding.

King Joff.[/quote']

Whatever he did, it worked a treat. He's made everyone who watched the show detest him beyond words.

My top 4

Ned dying

Red wedding

King in the north scene

Dragons hatching

Oberyn is going to be great this season, if the writers don't mess it up.

Hats off to Jack Gleeson because there hasnt been too many characters that i have hated more, great acting. The Hound is easily my favourite character, him and Ayra getting interesting now, think we really get to know more about the Hound this season from what i have heard.

I have not read the books so have know idea who is behind Joffery's death, obviously little finger has something to do with it but something tells me he's getting help from someone inside Kings Landing.

Remember, post spoilers about the show but not the books pleaseeee. :)

Did you watch the 3rd episode?

Makes it quite clear who did it and how.

Maybe I need to watch the Littlefinger scene again but I'm not sure if the show made it perfectly clear who did it.

From your comments I'm assuming you've read the books, but I'd imagine looking through a pure show watchers eyes it's not as clear. Unless you've come across the numerous spoilers that were around about regarding who did it etc...

Did you watch the 3rd episode?

Makes it quite clear who did it and how.

I did but I didn't think it gave everything away or I may have missed something. Will prob give it another look..

Thinking about it, they couldn't have done because on Thronecast after the show, they were still debating who was behind it. Like I said, been dying for a thread on GoT but let's just make sure we only discuss the show, not the books, otherwise I can't risk it. :D

Maybe I need to watch the Littlefinger scene again but I'm not sure if the show made it perfectly clear who did it.

From your comments I'm assuming you've read the books' date=' but I'd imagine looking through a pure show watchers eyes it's not as clear. Unless you've come across the numerous spoilers that were around about regarding who did it etc...[/quote']

I think they've made it quite clear without being explicit. The Littlefinger scene pretty much clinches it.

The former.

And no worries, I hate spoilers myself, so if you hear any spoilers, it won't be from me.

Yay! I can discuss this now too :D

My top 5 scenes:

1: Daenerys and the Unsullied

V4PPWYCqPKo

2. Wildfire

3. A Golden Crown

4: The Red Wedding

5: House of the Undying

Daenerys, by far my favourite character. Love everything about her. Such cutthroat yet merciful style. Got a lot of love for Arya too. She's way too smart for her age :)

That was a real, creepy and sinister end to the episode. Loved it. Bronn is another great character.

Daenerys' date=' by far my favourite character. Love everything about her. Such cutthroat yet merciful style. Got a lot of love for Arya too. She's way too smart for her age :)[/quote']

Love Arya as well but mixed views on Daenerys. Has some epic moments but a lot meh stuff.

Daenerys is one of my favourites' date=' her body isn't half bad either :rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah she's one of my favorites too ;)

The Hound, Bronn & Jaqen H'ghar are decent too, wish the latter was in it more. :(

Also... What's everyones opinion on Khaleesi' (can't be bothered to learn her real names spelling :P) ruthlessness on the masters? After disregarding her counselors advice in Astapor and now Meereen shes certainly looking like she has a bit of a nasty streak, all be it that she is wanting to do good in her eyes. I can see her going on a mass rampage with her Unsullied & Dragons once she reaches Westeros.

Was interesting for them to mention that the last of Craster' sons was sacrificed to the gods (white walkers) so assuming they can think the process can begin now? Whatever that process may be. However, Gilly had a boy, so that's his final son.. I'm sure the 'gods' will be very unhappy with that. :o

Regarding the 'trail by combat'. anyone else think it will be Bronn for Tyion maybe Jaime Lannister vs The Mountain for Cersei and them?

I'm pretty they'll pick Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain to fight Tyrion's camp. That way the Prince Oberyn Martell revenge plot can also unfold.

Regarding the 'trail by combat'. anyone else think it will be Bronn for Tyion maybe Jaime Lannister vs The Mountain for Cersei and them?

I'm pretty they'll pick Gregor Clegane aka The Mountain to fight Tyrion's camp. That way the Prince Oberyn Martell revenge plot can also unfold.

Doubt he'd pick Jamie with one hand and all. Bronn would be the likely choice. Isn't the mountain in exile at Casterly Rock atm?

Doubt he'd pick Jamie with one hand and all. Bronn would be the likely choice. Isn't the mountain in exile at Casterly Rock atm?

Yes Bronn is the obvious choice but Jamie is getting soft, I see Tyrion asking him to fight for him and him agreeing. That way if he loses, his father won't get proper grandchildren since he lost both his sons. That would be a typical move by Tyrion, maybe insuring that his father chooses a weaker fighter to make sure Jamie wins.

I'm pretty sure they'll bring back The Mountain. As he is referenced a lot this season. They are going to implement him someway .. this seems to most logical to me.

Yes Bronn is the obvious choice but Jamie is getting soft' date=' I see Tyrion asking him to fight for him and him agreeing. That way if he loses, his father won't get proper grandchildren since he lost both his sons. That would be a typical move by Tyrion, maybe insuring that his father chooses a weaker fighter to make sure Jamie wins.

I'm pretty sure they'll bring back The Mountain. As he is referenced a lot this season. They are going to implement him someway .. this seems to most logical to me.[/quote']

Good points there yeah, never thought about that. So is it Tywin that picks a champion and not Cersei? Since it is Cersei that is accusing him of the crimes?

I remember that Lysa Arryn chose a champion against Tyrion in the first place, though she claimed it was because the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn (even though it was her that did it, so she says) so she had reasons to choose a champion I guess. What are your thoughts on Baelish? I can't seem to work him out.

Good points there yeah' date=' never thought about that. So is it Tywin that picks a champion and not Cersei? Since it is Cersei that is accusing him of the crimes?

I remember that Lysa Arryn chose a champion against Tyrion in the first place, though she claimed it was because the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn (even though it was her that did it, so she says) so she had reasons to choose a champion I guess. What are your thoughts on Baelish? I can't seem to work him out.[/quote']

Honestly don't now who picks the champion. But I don't think Cersei wants Jamie dead. And Tywin always has a hand in everything so he'll influence her anyway.

Baelish is a sneaky rat for sure :D. Don't quite know what his plans are. He obviously has something cooking with the Tyrell's but can't see his end game yet .. except from total domination :D .

I absolutely loved the last scene though with Tyrion.. epic.

Good points there yeah' date=' never thought about that. So is it Tywin that picks a champion and not Cersei? Since it is Cersei that is accusing him of the crimes?

I remember that Lysa Arryn chose a champion against Tyrion in the first place, though she claimed it was because the Lannisters killed Jon Arryn (even though it was her that did it, so she says) so she had reasons to choose a champion I guess. What are your thoughts on Baelish? I can't seem to work him out.[/quote']

I was just discussing the latest episode with a friend and it dawned on me. The Mountain and Prince Oberyn Martell will fight.

Prince Oberyn will fight for Tyrion, as I think he likes him and believes in his innocence. I'm 90% sure of this scenario now. :D

ps: why was the word edited to rat in my previous post? It's not that bad of a word, also its a common word in GoT.

I absolutely loved the last scene though with Tyrion.. epic.

Same here! Couldn't have been played any better to be honest' date=' really looking forward to next week now :)

I was just discussing the latest episode with a friend and it dawned on me. The Mountain and Prince Oberyn Martell will fight.

Prince Oberyn will fight for Tyrion, as I think he likes him and believes in his innocence. I'm 90% sure of this scenario now. :D

ps: why was the word edited to rat in my previous post? It's not that bad of a word, also its a common word in GoT.

Good point, he did seem to be jumping on a lot of things that the 'witnesses' were saying and of course wants revenge for his sister. Apparently he's a pretty damn good fighter too :P If that is the case it'll be an amazing battle.

Haha yeah no idea! I want to see more of Lady Melisandre.. I find her strangely "hot" and this whole Lord of Light thing is very interesting. Though I'm sure we will see more after Stannis has just got bucket loads from the Iron Bank :D This season is brewing up very nicely from all angles.