Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sinny

SM Predict - Season 3 - Week 13

70 posts in this topic

Re: SM Predict - Season 3 - Week 13

Because Zazoon and Shelbs have had a different opinion to that of everyone else's that the scores for this week doesn't count.

If Zazoon and everyone else wanted the International Predict, why hasn't a thread been made for that, for this week? Why don't you respect the people who are putting in the hard work to make this happen, instead of slaughtering them as soon as something is done that you disagree with.

I think that this week's scores should count. I don't see why they shouldn't and as research is available on Bobo's game then there isn't really a problem - but this has already been discussed.

Anyway, keep everyone posted Leigh/Tom/Shelbs(:rolleyes:) whoever is in charge

No Ross the scores wont count for this week because its an international week.

Its Always been the Case that International Weeks there woluld be a break from normal SM Predict.

Under-Age games Are ridiculos but as i said if there included in the Rules NEXT YEAR then il play along no problim at all.

Out of interest for the U-16 Games can i get updated not too long prior to the match team info, All i Can see is Fixtures & Tables Surly Bobo has/could have inside team info ? Anyway its not about the Under 16 game anyway, that ended days ago, it was with the Intenational Weekend & any Future Fixtures.

Anyway As tom see noting wrong with the rules anyone is free to pick any matches at any level for Next Week.

Who Takes Charge Of Perdict Afetr the Internationals I think TEB Should Decide or Have A say as hes Running The Forum.

How wrong a person can be as just been answered in the words above ,I was asked to form a team which i did ,i must also say it was and still is a brilliant team ,even better and stronger now with the two new additions ,Neller and Dexter .

But as far as i am concerned i am not above any of these even the new ones , Teb ,Raz and Herbie have never assumed that just because i helped form it i must be higher,because if so it would have been the wrong assumption like above .

Teb is not running the Forum he also credit to him has never even given any indication that this is the case .

It is being run by 6 Admin with no leader under the Devs who are :D end of story now it has been put straight .

Back to predict ,

Seems i must be like you pointed out above now that i have put you straight

one of the ones running the Forum and play Predict like Teb says he dosnt ,as title holder and hot on the trail of keeping it i will have my say as how it should go from now.

Tom is in charge until LEIGH gets back .

This week is for fun only .

Bobo will pick the next proper Predict fixtures and keep it to proper leagues in any country he wishes ,even all in the same league if so wishes and all winners do so until the end .

If Bobo ever plays in a match again like he is ,then if it clashes with a predict week i will edit it into whoever predicts the teams for that week as a seperate fun fixture for us mates to enjoy and have fun with it .

No points will be scored but we can have fun with him on predicting it .

Lets get back on track please.

:)

Zazoon likes this

Well, I am back and my computer is fixed! All I have to say is what the **** is going on here and why is there so much arguing about something so petty!!

You are right Tom Sinar I am not happy!! Also Mr Greenfield, maybe you should get the facts before making accusations! It is a little difficult to pass on information to someone you can only contact via a computer when you computer is broken!!!:mad:

The simple fact is (and I don't blame Tom for this) the first post on this thread is incorrect. This week is an international week and as has been mentioned and always happens there is a break for SM Predict in International week and Bobo should have been asked to select fixtures for the following week rather than this weekend. He also has until next Tuesday to do this. Because of this clearly being the rule and always having been in place, the fixtures picked for this week will not count in the SM Superleague. I can either add up the points for the predictions people have given me and let you know who won or scrap them altogether, that's up to you guys! Bobo will need to select 8 more fixtures for the weekend commencing 24th November 2007 and these fixtures will count towards the points total!

It seems that I go away for 10 days and things completely fall apart! Also, no-one seems to have listened to sense or reason from Teb and others as I have no PM's to answer! I do not know what you lot think of me or the effort I put into SM Predict (although it's clear what Shelbourne thinks) but if you do not want me to do it then just say so! No skin off my nose.

Now, to the major issue, a contentious fixture picked by Bobo. I honestly don't have a problem with it but due to the fact that I need to be able to find the result to verify it for myself I don't trhink I can allow it. I would suggest that any fixtures in future be chosen from professional leagues so I am able to find their results on the internet. I do not care if these are the professional leagues in England, Malta or Outer Mongolia but I do need to be able to find the result. Anyone that does not like that decision and can give me a suitable reason why, please PM me as I am open to suggestions and happy to give as much flexibility as possible.

I am very disappointed though to come back on to this thread, I saw 51 replies and thought about 20 extra people had signed up for the week only to find what is in all honesty a petty argument on the thread!

Finally I would like to thank Tom Sinar for helping me out last week. I had asked for the table not to be updated but it seems Sam Wainwright took it upon himself to do that. I did have my reasons Sam but thanks anyway.

cally likes this

You are right Tom Sinar I am not happy!! Also Mr Greenfield' date=' maybe you should get the facts before making accusations! It is a little difficult to pass on information to someone you can only contact via a computer when you computer is broken!!!:mad:

[/quote']

Well Leigh, theres about 500 or more forumers out there who are regulars to the predict and know how its ran... :) Tom ( No offense) is relativly new to the SM Predict himself and doesnt know intirely how it is ran :)

Still I dont get the real story behind all this...

Well Leigh' date=' theres about 500 or more forumers out there who are regulars to the predict and know how its ran... :) Tom ( No offense) is relativly new to the SM Predict himself and doesnt know intirely how it is ran :)

Still I dont get the real story behind all this...[/quote']

I did not ask Tom Sinar to run it, My computer was broken so I contacted Alan Neller and asked him to find a replacement for me until my computer was fixed. He asked on the SM Predict thread and Tom Sinar was the only person to offer to help! Hence me not being able to give him any help!

Well Leigh' date=' theres about 500 or more forumers out there who are regulars to the predict and know how its ran... :) Tom ( No offense) is relativly new to the SM Predict himself and doesnt know intirely how it is ran :)

Still I dont get the real story behind all this...[/quote']

How on earth can you say there's 500 people who do it regularly :o

Tom does know how it's run, he's checked the rules from when Fraser started this plenty of times. :) At least he had the confidence to run it :rolleyes:

Time to forget it, Leigh is back, and imo we should just forget the predictions for this week. :)

Leigh i think you should read all my replys Again as All I have done is Back you up & said this wouldent have happened if you were here. So i cant under stand your comment in your original statement.

The Only reason I Suggested having another Full Time person Doin Predict was that you made The Following Comments

After having a few days away from SM due to having problems with my PC which won't be sorted out until next wednesday I have decided to call it a day on the forum. I will continue to run SM Predict but will not take part anywhere else on the forum.

To be honest I feel I have lost respect on the forum from some of the members and thus have not enjoyed it on the forum for the last couple of weeks.

I am writing this in an internet cafe as I have no PC at home til Wednesday. Look after Predict this week Tom' date=' there is no need for you to update the table as it is internationals next week.

I Cant See Why Somebody thats No longer A Forumer Should Do Perdict & Would Be Easier for All If Somebody That Was here Often To handle Any Problims On The Spot (This Week As An Eaxample)

I Dont See How You Have Lost Respect From Anyone On The Forum unless Its Something Thats Happened Over PM As i Cant Recall Any Arguments On Te Forum, & When Ever The Wife Is Away Im Sure You Can Find Time To Come Back On Now & Again

You Did Say That Tom Would Handle This Weeks Perdict (As i Said Already This Had Slipt My Mind Which is Why I All Ready Apoligised For Suggesting Teb or Somebody Else Take Control.

NOW: YOU CLEARLY STATE ITS INTERNATIONAL WEEK, HOWEVER WHEN I BROUGHT UP THIS WEEKS PROBLIM, ALONG WITH OTHER FACTORS (UNDERAGE GAMES ECT..) (BOBO PREDICTING A GAME HES INVLOVED IN) I GOT SLATED AND TOLD OFF BY JUST ABOUT EVERYONE FOR "RUINING THE FUN" & IT WASENT TILL ABOUT THURSDAY THAT ZAZOON BACKED ME UP, BOBO DECIDED TO PERSONLY INSULT ME & OTHERS & TOM INSISTED THAT THIS WEEKS FIXTURES WOULD GO AHEAD AS NORMAL.

THIS IS WHY I Suggested that We needed A Regular forumer in Charge that knew the Rules that could respond with the rule book how the predict works to instantly to solve any issues.

ALSO As your STILL officially in charge i Ask that You Clear Up in Frazers Rules Thread what Fixtures Can or Cant Be Selected.

Shels, I read the whole thread before I posted my reply. I saw your post basically stated that as I had decided not to participate in other areas of the forum I was not suitable to be running SM Predict, personally I don't see where the issue is?! Even if I had been on as a I was before I would not have been able to have prevented the problems from this week as my PC has been broken and I have had no access to the internet at all! The problems that were caused stemmed from you moaning on the thread when if you had any problems you could have PM'd your issues to Tom for him to make a decision on them in private rather than ruining the SM Predict thread the way it has this week.

Now, as I said in my previous post, There is no official rule on what level of games are allowed to be included in people's fixtures, however, I need to be able to verify the results of all the fixtures selected and not just take the word of another person. For this reason any fixtures selected in future need to be from professional leagues, these can be from any country in world football though. If there are any problems with this or people have a better suggestion then my ears are open and I am open to suggestions and comments! I would like to keep SM Predict as flexible and as FUN as possible for everyone participating and so for that reason I have no plan to change any of the rules on the rules thread at this stage.

I am sorry to disappoint you Shels but I am still in charge of SM Predict and will be for the forseeable future unless I decide otherwise! The fact the you feel I am not suitable to run it just backs up the reason I decided not to take part in the rest of the forum. I will log on regularly and check the SM Predict thread and if problems arise I will sort them! As I have said above though, this weeks fiasco could easily have been avoided in public at least.

I would like to again thank Tom Sinar for helping out at short notice and he should in no way to be blamed for what went wrong. It was easy to forget it was international week. So I will say again that Bobo has until Tuesday 20th November to select 8 fixtures for next weeks football and these will count towards the SM Superleague. The fixtures for this week are just for fun as has been mentioned so it does not really matter what games they are to be honest.

I did not ask Tom Sinar to run it' date=' My computer was broken so I contacted Alan Neller and asked him to find a replacement for me until my computer was fixed. He asked on the SM Predict thread and Tom Sinar was the only person to offer to help! Hence me not being able to give him any help![/quote']

Fair Enough.

Will make this short and sweet.

Leigh is back and in charge,

Bobo will pick next proper predict fixtures on a new thread,that thread will keep to rest of us giving our predicts,any member decides to start another one to carry on this stupid and childish debate on the forum in front of all i will take member off the Forum for a spell .:mad:

As for Bobos game he is playing in i have already answered earlier what i will do if he so wishes,personally i hope if he does play in some of these games he allows me to do it so us mates can predict them for fun .

,so until predict finishes we will play it as we always have ,at the end we can always start a thread of debating anything we would like to introduce and if new things get main backing then so be it .:)

I am working nights tonight so will add up the scores of the predictions tomorrow afternoon when I wake up. I need Bobo to post the score of his match before that as I have no idea what the score was and have not seen him to ask him.

Final Score was 2-0 to Pieta' (us :P ). You can see the score on the site...

Fixtures for Next week are:

Saturday, 24 November 2007

Barclays Premier League

Newcastle v Liverpool, 12:45 (ESB) (2-1)

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Preston v Charlton, 17:20 (1-3)

Clydesdale Bank Premier League

Celtic v Aberdeen, 15:00 (2-0)

Italian Serie A

Inter Milan v Atalanta, 19:30 (2-0)

Sunday, 25 November 2007

Italian Serie A

Juventus v Palermo, 19:30 (1-2)

Barclays Premier League

Fulham v Blackburn, 16:00 (1-3)

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

West Brom v Wolverhampton, 12:00 (2-0)

Coca-Cola Football League One

Cheltenham v Leeds, 14:00 (0-2)

I will not be able to do these scores today as the Malta U21's vs Bosnia U21's game is tonight. I will do the scores tomorrow night.

Here are the results of the games and the scores for the few that did predict this week. This thread can be put behind Predict for good after that.

Leeds 2-1 Swindon

South Africa 0-1 USA

Scotland 1-2 Italy

Greece 5-0 Malta (ESB)

Yeovil 2-1 Gillingham

Portugal U21 1-1 England U21

Malta U21 2-1 Bosnia U21

Pieta 2-0 Sirens

1. Mattyjewi - 14 pts

2. Bobo - 12 pts

3. United 'berisha' 51 - 11 pts

4. Lilrick 25 - 8 pts

4. Lukelufc - 8 pts

6. Duffman - 7 pts

6. Milessurrey - 7 pts

6. Nathan Kirby - 7 pts

9. Craigjohnson - 6 pts

9. Matt Jenkins - 6 pts

9. Rosssss - 6 pts

12. Gazza Thomas - 5 pts

13. George EC MU - 4 pts

13. Tom WBA - 4 pts

15. Oobee 007 - 3 pts

Thanks Liegh, and yes this thread should be forgotten about. Meant to be people placing predictions, yet there are no predictions on page two of the thread :eek:.

And I got Leeds 2-1 Swindon correct :P.

Still, doing terribly at the moment :rolleyes::(.