As a Finn, pretty excited about our group, especially given the new format :D

Greece

Hungary

Romania

Finland

Northern Ireland

Faroe Islands

Re: Euro 2016

Can't wait for the first qualifying match - hope Romania will win tomorrow!

Greece and Romania are favorites in Group F, imo.

Also Hungary and Finland are pretty good teams.

Qualifications about to start

As a Finn' date=' pretty excited about our group, especially given the new format :D

Greece

Hungary

Romania

Finland

Northern Ireland

Faroe Islands[/quote']

Jesus, that group is abysmal (no disrespect to the NTs in it).

And the new format is a joke. :o

Good luck to Finland though, Safir!

And to Mark's Romania, too!

Jesus' date=' that group is abysmal (no disrespect to the NTs in it).

And the new format is a joke. :o

Good luck to Finland though, Safir!

And to Mark's Romania, too![/quote']

Yup, we have the softest group of all time. Greece as the #1 seed :D

Looking forward to the qualifiers getting under way. Preston didn't have a game this weekend because of our international players being away (I know!!! - P.S. that will be milked :)) so it'll be good to watch one of them in action if Scott Wiseman is to play for Gibraltar tonight.

Obviously hoping for an England win tomorrow, as well as wins for the other British sides and ROI when they play. It's a funny one really. Whilst Scotland could, and probably will go independent, I think I'll still want them to do as well as possible, despite them not actually being part of Britain. I support ROI because I'm half Irish, and not because I think they're part of the UK :P

Gibraltar too, although I know it's a case of taking baby steps for them. By all means I'm sure they'll go for it though. After all, they have nothing to lose with no big expectations, which can be a blessing at the best of times.

Well mate' date=' I'm rooting for u guys. :D

Anything can happen. ;)[/quote']

:)

In the meantime, go N. Ireland. Beat hungary :D. Where's jonny evans though?

Great result for N. Ireland, getting 3 pts from Hungary.

Dramatic match. Fully deserved win, definitely.

Hope Romania gets point/s from Greece tonight.

Come on, Tricolours! :D

Fabulous effort by the Scots in Germany got to be fair to the jocks.

First half as you might expect outplayed by a long way and a goal down but a more positive approach in the second half and they really worried Germany created quite a few great chances, got level, Germany regain the lead due to a fortuitous deflection and Muller's predatory instincts but the Jocks have created at least a couple of decent openings since then but the fainal pass, finish been lacking.

The ref should def have sent off Durm around the seventy minute mark as well for pulling Naismith down when he was going clear on goal and as per at a big team at home the ref bottled it, if he gets sent off who knows maybe Scotland might have got something.

Haha now he sends off Mulgrew, this ref is a joke looked after and given Germany everything tonight and I say that as somebody who don't even really like the Jocks that much.

First half as you might expect outplayed by a long way and a goal down but a more positive approach in the second half and they really worried Germany created quite a few great chances' date=' got level, Germany regain the lead due to a fortuitous deflection and Muller's predatory instincts but the Jocks have created at least a couple of decent openings since then but the fainal pass, finish been lacking.

The ref should def have sent off Durm around the seventy minute mark as well for pulling Naismith down when he was going clear on goal and as per at a big team at home the ref bottled it, if he gets sent off who knows maybe Scotland might have got something.

Haha now he sends off Mulgrew, this ref is a joke looked after and given Germany everything tonight and I say that as somebody who don't even really like the Jocks that much.[/quote']

A very interesting time to blow the final whistle too, just when we win a corner!!! 3 mins injury time most of which was spent with Reus lying on the deck! Overall typical Scotland, close but coming up short!

First half as you might expect outplayed by a long way and a goal down but a more positive approach in the second half and they really worried Germany created quite a few great chances' date=' got level, Germany regain the lead due to a fortuitous deflection and Muller's predatory instincts but the Jocks have created at least a couple of decent openings since then but the fainal pass, finish been lacking.

Haha now he sends off Mulgrew, this ref is a joke looked after and given Germany everything tonight and I say that as somebody who don't even really like the Jocks that much.[/quote']

Wouldn't worry our soon to be independant country doesn't care much for you either as you'll soon find out or Wales or N.Ireland either or most of Europe.

Ref was awful how Durm stayed on the pitch is unbelievable, Naismith would have scored if he was not dragged down. If Scotland play like that against everyone else they should qualify. They really deserved something out of that game.

Also anyone watch the Republic of Ireland game before? Some fantastic goals in that game.

Fantastic result and performance from Portugal. B)

True we were robbed of 2 pens, the Gk wasted time from the beginning and the ref didn't care.

All that + no Ronaldo is no excuse to lose at home v Albania. :o

It's always the same bloody thing - these lazy players (with a few exceptions) don't care and don't try hard in qualifications. Then, they always make it by the skin of their teeth.

It will be an absolute joke if we don't qualify.

PS: resign Bento, u bloody muppet! :mad:

Fantastic result and performance from Portugal. B)

True we were robbed of 2 pens' date=' the Gk wasted time from the beginning and the ref didn't care.

All that + no Ronaldo is no excuse to lose at home v Albania. :o

It's always the same bloody thing - these lazy players (with a few exceptions) don't care and don't try hard in qualifications. Then, they always make it by the skin of their teeth.

It will be an absolute joke if we don't qualify.

PS: resign Bento, u bloody muppet! :mad:[/quote']

I just saw the result :o

--

Congrats Mark, who needs Marica :D

Also, why didn't Cosmin Moti play GK????

Finland came from behind to win 3-1 lol. This is a new era in Finnish football, usually when we go behind we just lose by default.

Look at these juicy standings

1 Finland 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3 W

2 N.Ireland 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3 W

3 Romania 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 W

4 Hungary 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0 L

5 Greece 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0 L

6 Faroe Islands 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0 L

Hungary losing (and us winning, which is never guaranteed, even if we play against the local girls' club lol) is especially good for us.

Ref was awful how Durm stayed on the pitch is unbelievable' date=' Naismith would have scored if he was not dragged down. If Scotland play like that against everyone else they should qualify. They really deserved something out of that game.

Also anyone watch the Republic of Ireland game before? Some fantastic goals in that game.[/quote']

SCO only try against the big boys unfortunately.

Look at these juicy standings

1 Finland 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3 W

2 N.Ireland 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3 W

3 Romania 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 W

4 Hungary 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1 0 L

5 Greece 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1 0 L

6 Faroe Islands 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2 0 L

Hungary losing (and us winning' date=' which is never guaranteed, even if we play against the local girls' club lol) is especially good for us.[/quote']

It's groups like that, that make international football so brilliant and not a complete waste of everyone's time.

It's groups like that' date=' that make international football so brilliant and not a complete waste of everyone's time.[/quote']

Exactly. More time to admire the brilliance that is the Faroe Islands NT :D

It's a fun group though, with maybe 5 teams with a chance to advance.

Wouldn't worry our soon to be independant country doesn't care much for you either as you'll soon find out or Wales or N.Ireland either or most of Europe.

But still more than anybody likes you.....:P

Terrible post praising Scotland's performance how insulting :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just as a side note I couldn't really give a rats whether Scotland go Independent or not ain't gunna make a blind bit of difference to my life,

Ref was awful how Durm stayed on the pitch is unbelievable' date=' Naismith would have scored if he was not dragged down. If Scotland play like that against everyone else they should qualify. They really deserved something out of that game.

Also anyone watch the Republic of Ireland game before? Some fantastic goals in that game.[/quote']

In many ways though this was a free pass away to Germany everybody expects them to get hammered but no expectation or pressure.

The next four games, three are at home and as Carra said in the analysis when they have to take the game to the opposition and dictate may be a bit more challenging in many ways than an away game to Germany as silly as it sounds.

Still Gibraltar shouldn't cause much of a threat :o

They ain't even got there own ground it's just plain stupid why they are allowed to compete, surely that is a minimum requirement?!?! :o