mukhtar yahaya

individual players

67 posts in this topic

Thomas Muller should rise at least +1. Most influential player in both Bayern Munchen (yet several teammates are rated higher on SM) and Germany NT (leading them to world cup victory). He is also the most complete and versatile attacking player of the world, showing his unique space interpretation (hence the Raumdeuter nickname).. Since he's not the "flashy" kind of player who loves to dribble at all cost etc, he is massively underrated. Current defenders simply cannot mark Muller: even his teammates don't know what movements he will do. He is the unpredictability itself in the shape of a football player.

RoyLeo and huwzee like this

I'm going to save my Marseille rant until tomorrow in the hope that they're only half way through reviewing the club (extremely unlikely).

Neymar should be 96 (+1)

De Bruyne should be 94 (+2)

Busquets should be 96 (+1)

Alba should be 93 (+1)

Hazard should be 94 (-1)

Cristiano Ronaldo should be 98 (-1)

Cesc should be 94 (-1)

Griezmann should be 94 (+1)

Koke should be 94 (+1)

Gimenez should be 91 (+3)

Neymar should be 96 (+1) - disagree. 95 is good enough for now. If Neymar deserves a 96, then its a crime that Suarez doesn't get it. 

De Bruyne should be 94 (+2) - disagree. He's done well at City but City are pants these few weeks and haven't been convincing. Maybe a +1 at at the end of the season and chance for +2 if City with BPL & Champions League.

Busquets should be 96 (+1) - is there a Barcelona bias here? 

Alba should be 93 (+1) - this is one that i agree with. Alba's under-rated for over a season now. He should be on par with Alaba and Marcelo.

Hazard should be 94 (-1) - i agree but wouldn't the rating systems be a total failure given that he got his 95 only about half a year ago?

Cristiano Ronaldo should be 98 (-1) - disagree. No good reason other than the Barcelona bias.

Cesc should be 94 (-1) - disagree. For similar reasons to Hazard. Drop him only at end of the season? 

Griezmann should be 94 (+1) - maybe a 50% chance to rise to 93. He is 92 rated now by the way.

Koke should be 94 (+1) - no real reason for him to rise now.

Gimenez should be 91 (+3) - agree for rise of +2 to 90. Overkill at 91.

Neymar should be 96 (+1) - disagree. 95 is good enough for now. If Neymar deserves a 96, then its a crime that Suarez doesn't get it. 

Neymar has been better than Suárez since 2015 began. not that Suárez doesn't deserve 96 too, but Neymar has been the second best player in the world in 2015. he's been absolutely phenomenal, especially in Messi's absence (and since Messi's return, he's still been Barcelona's best player). an utterly unreal talent who arguably deserved a 96 at the last changes after his dominance in the latter stages of the Champions League. he MUST get it now.

De Bruyne should be 94 (+2) - disagree. He's done well at City but City are pants these few weeks and haven't been convincing. Maybe a +1 at at the end of the season and chance for +2 if City with BPL & Champions League.

City are terrible defensively but that's not on De Bruyne. he was stupendous for Wolfsburg (92 was underrated) and while 94 is perhaps generous, a 93 at the next changes is an absolute minimum. he is so very good.

Busquets should be 96 (+1) - is there a Barcelona bias here? 

I don't know Roy, is it bias to say the best players on the best team in the world should be rated better than everyone else? because to me that's just common sense.

Alba should be 93 (+1) - this is one that i agree with. Alba's under-rated for over a season now. He should be on par with Alaba and Marcelo.

Alaba is better than Alba, tbh. I'd give him a +1 to 94. but Alba is as good as Marcelo so should be 93.

Hazard should be 94 (-1) - i agree but wouldn't the rating systems be a total failure given that he got his 95 only about half a year ago?

the ratings system largely IS a total failure BECAUSE he got 95 in the first place. that was utterly laughable.

Cristiano Ronaldo should be 98 (-1) - disagree. No good reason other than the Barcelona bias.

well actually it's because he doesn't effect big games anymore. he was terrible in both legs of Madrid's CL elimination to Juve. and this season he's scored 0 goals against PSG, Barcelona, Atleti, Sevilla too. only goals he's scored have been against terrible teams (and 1 against Celta tbf). added to that: the 99 was always a mistake because while until 2015 he was definitely better than everyone else, he was never on the same level as Messi. 98 was the perfect rating for him.

Cesc should be 94 (-1) - disagree. For similar reasons to Hazard. Drop him only at end of the season? 

my friend Cesc has been 95 for YEARS and hasn't played well after January since, like, 2011? and overall he hasn't played well since 2015 began. absolutely must drop.

Griezmann should be 94 (+1) - maybe a 50% chance to rise to 93. He is 92 rated now by the way.

then a +1 to 93 is ESSENTIAL. he has been absolutely phenomenal for a season and a half now. 94 was me being generous perhaps, but have you been watching this kid?

Koke should be 94 (+1) - no real reason for him to rise now.

except the fact that he is brilliant? I agree he won't rise, because he doesn't play for a fashionable team nor does he play a fashionable position, but he is a truly superb talent. it's no coincidence that Atleti's form has returned when Koke came back from injury. he SHOULD rise.

Gimenez should be 91 (+3) - agree for rise of +2 to 90. Overkill at 91.

you're right, tbh. I'm just being generous because I bloody well love this kid. he's SO GOOD.

Benjamin Mendy... the man that will be 87 rated till the end of man kind. I don't even know why i'm surprised anymore, I understand how inept Soccerwiki is and have now accepted that Soccermanager don't care.

The below stats are taken since the last time Mendy was updated way back in December 2013. I thought i'd throw Manquillo in given that he's on loan at Marseille and just got a +1 to 86. Stats are only League fixtures. I seriously give up with this game, everything about it is broken. How is Manquillo only 1 rating behind Mendy?? Look at the stats and compare, there's no comparison at all. Mendy should be a few ratings ahead of Manquillo by now.

Benjamin Mendy: 87 Rated
Games: 76
Minutes: 4817
Min %: 70.4%
Goals: 1
Assists: 9

Jaiver Manquillo: 86 Rated
Games: 78
Minutes: 1944
Min %: 27.7%
Goals: 0
Assists: 0

Also another case, this time at Monaco. Let me highlight again how broken Soccerwiki is:

At the start of 2014/15 Season:

Fabinho - 85 rated

Silva - 80 rated

Stats from the start of 2014/2015 Season to today:

* Please note this includes League and European games.

Fabinho: 88 Rated
Games: 74
Minutes: 6142
Min %: 92.2%
Goals: 4
Assists: 4

Silva: 89 Rated
Games: 74
Minutes: 4150
Min %: 62.3%
Goals: 12
Assists: 4

So in this time Silva has gone up 9 ratings while Fabinho has risen up 3 ratings. Fabinho has been a permanent first team having played an impressive 92.2% of games, also managing to contribute 4 goals and 4 assists. Silva has an impressive amount of goals but has significantly less minutes yet he is now above Fabinho in the ratings! This example demonstrates everything that is wrong about Soccerwiki. If a player scores goals then people will jump on Soccerwiki and press the rating up button. If a player is a defender and doesn't score goal that won't happen. Fact is that if a player is a permanent member of the first team they should be getting rating priority over a squad player.

This is why it's a struggle to find good defenders at decent ratings. Soccerwiki keep missing them.

This is why it's a struggle to find good defenders at decent ratings. Soccerwiki keep missing them.

which is yet another reason why we need to replace it, or overhaul it so it works.

haha, now Veratti gets a +1 to 93 and rises above Matuidi who has been an utter boss this season for PSG and France. Wow. It just gets worse and worse.

So here's Verratti and Matuidis stats for PSG, red figures are with Internationals added. Anyone care to explain how Verratti got a +1 to 93 over Matuidi?

Verratti: 93 Rated (just got a +1 to 93)

Games: 24 / 30

Minutes: 1073 / 1331

Min %: 49.7% / 49.3%

Goals: 0 / 0

Assists: 3 / 4

Matuidi: 92 Rated

Minutes: 1590 / 2009

Min %: 73.6% / 74.4%

Goals: 3 / 5

Assists: 4 / 5

So here's Verratti and Matuidis stats for PSG, red figures are with Internationals added. Anyone care to explain how Verratti got a +1 to 93 over Matuidi?

The game has in charge idiots and fan boys , what do you expect ?

Th french league review is the worst I seen in my 6 year playing this game .

Verratti deserves his 93, no question.

but Matuidi deserves 93 even more. he's at the top end of 93 closing in on 94, for me.

very strange decision.

not surprising tho, obviously.

Easy more hype and a lot younger , whilst Verratti has been great Matuidi has been great for years also. 

Good example RedSky. It's absolutely bonkers. I have umtiti in my side and he hasn't risen for 2 yrs now. He's become the wall in their defence but apparently he's till only worth an 88. All it will take is a big transfer and he'll suddenly become 90 rated like it happened with vidal when he joined barca. They didn't even wait for him to join the club. Transfer completed. +2. Ridiculous.