Sign in to follow this  
Ste G

SM after 2 years out?

So I want to ask.. is 3-5-2 still the way to go? I heard of an update to the game engine but I'm still not all too familiar with it. In the game world I'm in there are 3 teams that have won every game 7 matches in, all of them are using the 3-5-2.. so maybe I'm answering my own question there :) Of course it depends on the players you have, but I mean just the core best formation, if players weren't an issue and you had decent players for every position there is?

If you don't think it is.. what formation do you prefer now?

Certainly looks like 352 is still really powerful and wins a lot of matches, but the player position changes just mean that only a few people with the right players (MR and ML) now get to abuse it, instead of everyone :)

Certainly looks like 352 is still really powerful and wins a lot of matches, but the player position changes just mean that only a few people with the right players (MR and ML) now get to abuse it, instead of everyone :)

So pretty much the teams that are already stacked get stronger and everyone else just finds it harder? >.<

352 is indeed a strong formation in reality too but since the new match engine has been introduced, I see that there is a change in the trend it used to work. In this new engine, you may win matches with 352 but not if you play players out of position. I play DML & DMR as wide players and used to win regularly. But now on using DML, DMR outfield, I lose against 4231 and 442(dim). While playing them in 532-A has worked better for me.

I see that if you play players in their position then 4231-A as well as 4231-B are unbeatable. The new 3133 is also great to consider.