Steven

What New Features Would You Like to See in Soccer Manager 2017?

114 posts in this topic

We have a fantastic community at Soccer Manager. It is this community that helps to drive the game forward with your ideas as many of them have been implemented. This has always been the case and it'll continue to be going forward. 

We will shortly be working on a new iteration of Soccer Manager - Soccer Manager 2017 (SM17) and this will be released later in the year.

What we'd like to know is what new features would you like to see in Soccer Manager 2017?

It doesn't matter if your idea is simple, been mentioned before or just pure wacky as they'll all be discussed and taken into consideration. This is because we need to consider if it's technically possible to include in the game and also if we've get the resources and time to implement the idea!

Firstly, love what you guys are doing, great job!!

I know this has probably been suggested many times before but an expansion on player stats would be very welcome. I understand it must be very difficult to create and maintain a database the size of the old championship managers where players had 25 attributes but I'd love to know that my decision to bring Mandzukic on for the last twenty and go direct actually means something like it does in real life! I believe the attributes assigned to players on soccer wiki have some bearing in the match engine, maybe this could be confirmed?

An advanced set piece creation system would be good, even if it's choosing from pre-designed set pieces in certain areas of the pitch and assigning key personnel to certain roles.

The introduction of pre/post match press conferences could be quite interesting. The given answers could have subsequent effects on players and fans and therefore morale and team performance etc.?

The 'top managers in game world' graphic should be more prevalent, perhaps even on the main screen, where each manager's trophy cabinet is displayed to celebrate past victories but also incite more competitiveness between friends.

Last quick one, don't know if this is happening to everybody but messi, ronaldo and others are not showing up on my transfer screen when searching for players with no parameters set (or even with)! Also, The transfer search could be tinkered with to allow specific age searches.

Limmy14 :) 

Geovanna Reis likes this

Low rating players loan out easily. Players rating around 75-80 to be loaned by other clubs easily.

New formation 4-1-4-1.

Players statistics to be saved when a season end. Need to be able to view past season player statistics.

Show cup and Champions League/Europa League statistics.

More money rewarded for the team in lower division at the end of each season.

Playoffs. Champions League/Europa League. Relegation/Promotion playoffs.

Option to make loan players deal permanent at end of season

Able to terminate loan player anytime throughout the season 

Player Exhange in transfer 

SeRvEr FC likes this

my idea is making us able to add player exchange in transfers. example : ''let's say i manage real madrid and i want sanchez so i offer player exchange offering arsenal bale for sanchez and i can add  some cash in the deal too aswell'' 

SeRvEr FC likes this

It would be good if you could take money loans and to pay interest. It would be good for smaller clubs. Also you pay for a stadium upgrade at any time and you choose how big you want toy our stadium to be. The last thing is that if your club is not doing very well you should get the sack.

SeRvEr FC likes this

Expansion on player stats is a big one for me. I really would love to be able to see lifetime stats for a player or a leagues all time scorer and stuff like this. I think people really get attached to clubs and players and i know i am a stat junkie. Just an overall improvement on stat tracking and wahts available is a big plus in my eyes.

I think Cam's stats idea would be interesting. Not too much like FM but I do like having a winger with lightning pace, and on the other side with a deadly cross, & so forth.

Other than that nothing, I'd rather you concentrate on restoring the forum to when it was good and active (although maybe too late as too many people driven away, plus now you are pushing other forums).

Actually saying that, player values / wages etc.

1. Dynamic field for setting tactics - so that the field would consist of blocks and you may use predefined tactics and also modify and move players around the field as you want within the blocks.

2. More statistics for players - minutes played, how many shots, how many shots on target etc.

3. An interface for better player comparison. Currently it is only possible to fully compare some players performance when opening them, but this is not the best for comparing multiple or tens of players at the same time. For example it is not possible to compare career statistics within your game world for multiple players at the same time.

4. Improve goalkeeper performance ratings in games. It is not normal that goalkeepers constantly get a rating of 6 or 7 when you end up winning 5-0.

5. Youth league.

6. More punishment for users who cheat by using multiple accounts in game worlds.

7. Fix cash injections - it is a joke that top clubs in game league will get cash injections even though they have the best players and the most funds.

First thing to do would be to go back to how the game was in November 2015.

Then you could fix the long term bug that means that the prize money for cup finalists actually gets paid.

Never force us to use the new interface.

Stick to your word about stopping clubs building up huge squads.

Fix the concern problem where a player who gets a rating rise suddenly becomes unhappy , as though he has been rated as his new rating all season.

Treat bug tickets with respect instead of telling the customer there is no bug, when there obviously is a bug.

NEVER listen to anyone in a sm meeting when they have an idea for 'improving the game'.

Listen to your long term regulars that play the game instead.

Once that is done you can start to improve the game for real.

ashtini and ruts66 like this

When a manager is caught using multiple accounts don't just kill off the secondary club(s), ban the primary account permanently !!!

Stop awarding random automatic wage increases to players without explanation. So many players getting crippling wage increases without any increase to their rating.

Allow managers to decrease wages when a player rating falls. It should be a two-way street not solely dictated by SM.

With the new tier system within player ratings, let's have more clarity. Perhaps players of different valuations within the same rating could be, say, 91a, 91b, 91c, etc... or 91 gold, 91 silver, 91 bronze, etc denoted by a different coloured star. When a player is moved from one tier to another it should be clearly communicated. Who does set the tiers anyway? What is the decision making process?

For all its glitter and tinsel, there's a lot more wrong with the game now than prior to the re-launch.

If the old interface is removed permanently I'm outta here, no ifs, no buts (manager since June 2008).

smut likes this

1. Number of players on the jersey

That each player can have his jersey number, which may change

2. Exchange of players in transfer

For example, lead Roma and I want to bring Isca, instead of paying 50 million to offer Salah.

3.release manager

After poor results can fire the coach or that we may give ourselves fired, and then send offer to another club

4. Increase the number of league

To create league of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Guys Steven is talking about the single-player game, just thought I'd clarify that.

Yeah i know my post is about SM 2017, but it is worth mentioning, this is indeed in relation to the SP game.

Guys Steven is talking about the single-player game, just thought I'd clarify that.

thanks Rahul, i can't see single player mentioned in his post.

In that case -

Leave it as it is and go back to fixing the multi player game by

Going back to how the game was in November 2015.

Then you could fix the long term bug that means that the prize money for cup finalists actually gets paid.

Never force us to use the new interface.

Stick to your word about stopping clubs building up huge squads.

Fix the concern problem where a player who gets a rating rise suddenly becomes unhappy , as though he has been rated as his new rating all season.

Treat bug tickets with respect instead of telling the customer there is no bug, when there obviously is a bug.

NEVER listen to anyone in a sm meeting when they have an idea for 'improving the game'.

Listen to your long term regulars that play the game instead.

Once that is done you can start to improve the game for real.

Longnose likes this

We have a fantastic community at Soccer Manager. It is this community that helps to drive the game forward with your ideas as many of them have been implemented. This has always been the case and it'll continue to be going forward. 

We will shortly be working on a new iteration of Soccer Manager - Soccer Manager 2017 (SM17) and this will be released later in the year.

What we'd like to know is what new features would you like to see in Soccer Manager 2017?

It doesn't matter if your idea is simple, been mentioned before or just pure wacky as they'll all be discussed and taken into consideration. This is because we need to consider if it's technically possible to include in the game and also if we've get the resources and time to implement the idea!

Please make the clubs have more money because I know that PSG doesn't have 24m $ it has over 100m $

It will be very good if you add a challenge-mode in the single-player game: Tle palyer will start as a manager of a weaker team and based on his perfomances he will receive job offers from bigger teams. 

I believe the game could be better with more in depth tactics for example attacking styles and marking styles as well also advanced player instructions.

Also man marking key players

Eu desejo que você pode colocar uma pré temporada Longer

E do estado e também
E por Tipo A Alxiliar Para Obter Mais Dinâmico Com Varias Tip
E mais interação com jogadores com perguntas e Precupaçoes
E também a interação com fãs como jogador que agrada mais ou o que não Agrada
Penso que EE sential Muito obrigado para a expressão Orportunida
Tchau B) 

I have been playing Soccer Manager 2016 for a few months, and I appreciate its simplicity and ease of use, plus the user friendly interface. But to be honest there are many things that needs to be urgently fixed to make the game more realistic and more entertaining in the long term. Here is my list:

1) Improve Transfer market: I don´t know about you, but in my game other teams are basically never buying new players. This means that rosters are the same year after year..with the difference that old players retire and then top teams become worse. In real life football teams buy 10 or more players every season.

2) Loans: I can barely loan any of my young talents to other teams. This must be improved. Also I suggest that young players who actually play matches develop faster than the ones who are never being employed (so strong teams are more forced to loan them out, helping smaller teams as well, like in real life)

3) Substitutions: I have never seen any of my opponents changing tactics or performing substitutions during a match…this is totally unrealistic. Plus number of red and yellow cards is ridiculous and number of injuries as well

4)  Money: Even with top teams winning the Champions League every year I keep struggling with lack of money..how is that possible? Prices to winners of CL and EL should be definitely increased, with bonuses for each stage. 10 Millions (or less) for the winner is nothing..same with national competitions

5) Possibility to expand stadium and eventually develop some sort of merchandasing (for example buying famous players increase average attendance to the stadium and you sell more shirts or so)

6) My strikers are always performing really poorly. I have 6 out of the 10 best strikers in the game, I keep rotating them, they score lot of goals and average rating is always below 6..how is that possibile?

7) I would like to see performances of my players in national and international cups as well and not only in national competitions

8) Tactis: I have played a lot with different tactics options and to be honest I do not feel they impact the game at all. Changing mentality, passing style, pressing and so on..i do not see it reflected in how my team plays and its perfromances. Also I believe teams should perform better when using the same tactis over and over again, so there should be some rating system like: 4-4-2 50%, 4-3-3 30% and so on. The more you use it the better team morale and performances..so changing tactic should take time before it becomes effective.  

9) Contracts: Yes contracts should expire after 1-2-3-4 whatever years..and it should be possibile to make free transfers of top playes whom contracts are about to expire..the number of players in free transfer list should increase, while you see always the same one season after season (and how can it possibily be that none is hiring them??). Same with your players. Ever 2-3 years you must renegotiate the contract..they will ask for more then you decide if make a new deal or to sell them

10) Crashes: my game keeps crashing all the time..that´s really annoying. And sometimes you need to re-play some of the games

11) Fixed results: Have you ever experienced after crashing, loading game again and seeing matches ending exactly with the same results as before?? So does it mean that results are decided beforehands?

12) Managers: I would like to see managers changing from one team to another like in real life. Each one of them with his own reputations, preferred playing style..which will affect the new team tactics, morale, and also transfer market (maybe one player is willing to follow his old manager to his new team and so on)

13) Press conference: As it is now pretty useless. You can only praise your players else morale will drop. I suggest to either improve it with new options, or to discard it

14) It is always the same teams being promoted and relegated. After player italian serie A for 8 seasons I have seen only 4 teams being promoted regularly from serie B to serie A. In real life that is not the case

15) Introduce new leagues and competitions, possibility for the manager to change team

16) It would be nice to introduce a totally new feature: possibility to create your own team, where you decide the logo, the colours, the name, and you start from lower leagues. On top of that I would love to have an editor allowing me to create my own competitions like an european super league, or changing Serie A from 20 to 12 teams, or changing relegation and promotion rules and so on. That would be amazing!

Νίκο Λής likes this

Afternoon Guys, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and suggestions for new improvements and features. Some really great ideas there. We are going to be discussing these ideas in the coming weeks and will keep you posted when we have some updates as to what we will be working on going forward. 

First of all this is a great game, I´ve been playing for a year and I´m obssesed with this game, but yet I would like to see some new features to make it even more realistic like: 

contract players 

get sacked if you have bad approval ratings

youth leagues

playoff matches in leagues which have playoffs (like mexican league, mls and some others) also relegation playoff matches

manage national teams

stadistics on national and international cup

change to another club in the season or get offers from others clubs

also if a manager from another club (for example barcelona. bayern, real madrid etc) is having bad results he should get sacked and the club should get another manager, like a managers transfer market inside the game.. 

Congrats for making and thanks for sharing such a great game like this for all the football lovers.

Basically everything in Football Manager 2016 :)

Soccer Manager should be competing with Football Manager in my eyes and to do so we'll need what they have as mostly every idea in this topic is in FM16.

So basically SM17 needs to be like FM then it'll be a really good game.