Steven

Custom Game Worlds - New Advanced Rules & Features

We're going to be looking at making some changes to Custom Game Worlds. So before we start work on this i've a nice simple question - what additional Advanced Rules would you like to see in Custom Game Worlds or features? For example you might want to be able to select a Squad Cap and be able to Allocate Squad Numbers in your Advanced Rules. For additional features you might want to be able to bolt on extra national leagues to your template.

More money, extend the starting to balance to $500M

Allow you to edit the game layout at the end of each season. For example if you want to add more teams or change the number of divisions in your setup

Being able to set different parameters to make a bigger variety of set ups without having to police them yourself.

BEING ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME THE WAY IT WAS IN OCTOBER 2015.

Being able to choose the number of first team and youth team players allowed.

Being able to set a wage cap.

Being able to set a limit of transfers ,in and out, per season. 

Being able to set number of transfers per turn.

Being able to set a limit on a choice of clubs capacity and highest rated player for managers to apply, currently it takes a long time going through soccerwiki.

Allowing us to set clubs or leagues as unmanaged even though they aren't in your set up, e.g. i have my gameworld of 20 clubs and i only want 1 division but i want to have the premier league teams regarded as unmanaged so we can't buy from them.

Have a true 'best manager' list, which means not including european games.

Being able to create your own manager's table by being able to put in a scoring system at the start.

Being able to set your prize money for league places and cup finalists.

PAY prize money to those clubs that play in cup finals.

Allow owner to pay credits as prizes each season, also allow for all players to pay a joining fee so credits can be put in the pot for paying out prizes.

Allow more than one person to put credits into creating a gameworld.

Where i have said that we are allowed to make choices, make sure we can put the figures in ourselves  ,please don't give sm's options.

This isn't just for custom's but the player search is long overdue for a change to allow us to put our own figures in and when we say 4m maximum value, you only show players up to that value.

MAKE SURE WE CAN PLAY IT ON THE OLD INTERFACE,  that way we have a chance of finding some manager's to join the custom because as soon as you refuse to give us that option, there won't be many left playing the game.

DON'T MAKE CHANGES JUST SO DEV'S CAN FEEL THEY HAVE MADE IMPROVEMENTS, MAKE THE CHANGES FOR YOUR CUSTOMER'S.

DON'T DUMB IT DOWN SO IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE TARGETING THE 9-12 YEAR OLD MARKET, you already have the single player game for that.

optional Squad caps

being able to turn off chairman investments.(ruins a lot of the small, controlled set ups)

and the key ones from smut's list above

'

Have a true 'best manager' list, which means not including european games.

Being able to create your own manager's table by being able to put in a scoring system at the start.

Being able to set your prize money for league places and cup finalists.

Being able to set a wage cap

Being able to set a limit of transfers ,in and out, per season. 

Being able to set number of transfers per turn.'

Allow more than one person to put credits into creating a gameworld.

• Pinned News Feed - Would it perhaps be possible for a Game World owner to pin a message they post to the top of the news feed so that it doesn't get bumped down etc. 1 message that would be changeable, it could literally be the owner saying 'Welcome to such & such' or they could here put information in regards to in game world rules such as a Youth Cup being arranged etc. This would be such a simple but great addition to the new UI & I know there have been hundreds of game worlds created & promoted over the years where unique rules have made said game worlds their own, being able to put rules at the top of your own game world so that everyone knows them new or old would be amazing. There is also a fair few examples where being able to use a link in this message would be great in order to allow game world members to use the link for blogs or Facebook pages which are a big part of these game worlds. I know & understand why links aren't allowed however allowing 1 link to be placed in this 'pinned topic' on the news feed by game world owners only would be amazing.

Less Ads - Custom game worlds are paid for by the owners unless SM gives them away like they did upon release of the new UI, less ad's or no ad's would certainly be a step forward seeing that the game world specifically has been paid for & yet it act's currently just like any old free game world that also has ads which I believe is not right.

Removing Managers - You are the game world owner & therefore you should have the power to remove managers from your own game world. If you were to remove a manager unfairly then the whole of the community in the game world would likely revolt & therefore your game world would have effectively set it's own death sentence which is why I believe allowing the owner to remove managers should be available & their choice to do as such because they will face the consequences if they abuse the tool.

Squad Cap - Being able to set specific squad cap limits to; full team, first team, youth team. Not just the ability to set a straight squad cap but the ability to divide a squad cap between first team & youth team as well as ensuring that the tool takes into account players that have been loaned out or in also.

Wage Cap - Something I am yet to come across in any of the game worlds I have partaken within to date however a necessary tool & improvement which would allow further uniqueness in game worlds. Again this tool should be customary also in allowing a game world owner to break up the cap between first team & youth team or just as a full team setting.

Transfer Cap - Being able to limit a quantity of transfers over a season / period of time again would be a handy addition to custom GW's & help make them unique.

Custom Cups - The ability to change the names of current cups (Cup / Shield) alter prize money, number of entrants etc. Either this or the ability to add 1 additional custom cup to the already set in place Cup & Shield. Within custom game worlds currently managers & owners when creating their own in game world custom cups are forced to do so via arranging friendlies. This would provide a helpful tool in order to properly setup these / this custom cup.

Custom Prizes - Allow game world owners to offer credits or specific amounts for winning the competitions rather than just the economy settings which presumably set specific amounts at the moment & are not allowed to be altered. 

Polls - A game world owner should be able to apply a poll with either various set messages or custom messages. These could be used for things such as; voting for a manager / player of the month / season. Voting for whom should be the new manager of a club that recent became available in the game world. Voting for allowing an individual back into the game world whom left before. Voting on rules within the game world & changes to current ones.

TBF this thread is a thread about Custom GW improvements and Implementable features and rules. Yes there is a new interface. No i am not a fan and i can tell most people arent from what i hear. but this Thread is about suggestions for, and discussion around features for custom GW's. There is a thread right here http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152151-soccer-manager-worlds-new-user-interface/that you can use to discuss and/or complain about the interface.

by the by a lot of good ideas here but my absolute number 1 is controlling sackings. It is your game world after all and you should be able to police it. Saves SMFA having to root cheaters out of customs. If you do stupid things with this power enjoy your empty (and therefore closed) Custom.

Its actually not on topic though. This is to do with Implementable features in custom GW's. I see the point you make that you feel all aspects would be improved with a interface change, but thats a discussion for an INTERFACE thread (which i conveniently have linked for you). Please keep any further posts to do with Custom Game Worlds explicitly smut my man.

My lay outs may not be as neat as everyone else's, I'm not a neat person :)

To reiterate some points:

1)As already mentioned, an optional squad cap, eg, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, unless you'd allow this to be manually done.

2)Ability to remove managers... this may be complicated of course, because it may be abused, but I believe in well established gameworlds with good managers, where there's a bad apple, this would not be the case, so perhaps a voting system, where 75% of the votes would allow the manager to be removed?

3)Option to set prize money... this would be perfect for certain draft leagues, where there's a big draft for the first season, and mini-drafts afterwards, but that's difficult because chairman bonuses are random and prize money isn't usually enough. 

4)I'm not sure if this would fall under the topic, but attendances are also still a problem, I'm not sure how this would work, but perhaps an option to set a first season average attendance across the league, let's say 45,000, and this would then change based on a club's success. I know that the point of the game is to be as realistic as possible, but for certain customs we like to give all the teams the same.... er, advantage? For lack of a better word.

Of course, one can check real life attendances, but that's still not 100% accurate. 

5)A different cup format - 2 leg cups would be great, I'd assume this would replace a cup/shield format. Since it would be difficult to run this with another type of cup competition. 

that's all i can think of at the moment. 

My lay outs may not be as neat as everyone else's, I'm not a neat person :)

It doesn't matter how you lay out your suggestions for new rules and features as they'll still be read and put into a document for discussion.

TBF this thread is a thread about Custom GW improvements and Implementable features and rules. Yes there is a new interface. No i am not a fan and i can tell most people arent from what i hear. but this Thread is about suggestions for, and discussion around features for custom GW's. There is a thread right here http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/152151-soccer-manager-worlds-new-user-interface/that you can use to discuss and/or complain about the interface.

by the by a lot of good ideas here but my absolute number 1 is controlling sackings. It is your game world after all and you should be able to police it. Saves SMFA having to root cheaters out of customs. If you do stupid things with this power enjoy your empty (and therefore closed) Custom.

Agree with everything you say Cam...especially the part about sackings. A custom GW is supposed to be under the control of the person that bought it so it would be great if more control was resident with the owner.

However, while not mentioning it for fear of getting banned again, this thread is about Rules and Features in Custom Game Worlds and to me, features includes the interface. I am sure that SM consider the new interface to be a "feature" of their product. Whilst I will agree that this thread should not be an interface moan and groan thread, it does come into the conversation in some areas.

As owner of the GW we should undoubtedly have more control over the GW. For example the ability to add more funds to our clubs should money be running low. In a GW like the one we are just kicking off, if the income to clubs does not maintain the funding level there should be a way for the GW Owner to give each club more funds to prevent the GW falling apart because of a misjudgment right at the start that surfaces 2 or three years later.

Great to see the 'Pinned News Feed' (About this Game World) added so quickly, such a simple but useful tool of ensuring rules & information about custom game worlds are readily available.

currently you can choose 

Can only buy players with the same nationality as your club

this doesn't really work as it is.

if you allowed the creator to be able to set which nationalities you can buy from, even if it is limited to 3 or 4 countries, it would contribute to having more unique gameworlds.

Even better would be if you could have the choice to add more at the start of the season.

it would be nice to have a custom where you could only buy Scottish players, then add Welsh, Irish and English players over time.

Sssshhh... don't mention the interface, i

S

Im all for sackings. Evicting cheaters sounds like a thoroughly good idea. Theres a section of unscrupulous owners this will go to their head so I suggest 1 or 2 sackings per season for game owners so managers arent sacked on a whim. Limiting the sackings might give a more considered approach.

We play in an italian GW with poor economy, 37 users on 38.

Last season the winner has get 50M at season end. The third has win 44M.

Poor economy?

I had write the problem in bug forum, no answer.

We have lost many users for this.

I'm glad to see serious changes and improvements.

when you have chosen a gameworld with empty squads, you have the choice of when it opens, how many hours after the last manager has joined.

also how long until unmanaged clubs start buying players.

if managers are found to have two accounts and cheating, sm ban both accounts, instead of the current pratice of allowing a cheat to keep his main account, that is really showing such contempt for your honest customers as you have done all these years.

Squad Caps are a necessity for Customs.

I don't see the point in having transfer bans, when you use transfer windows. Kind of redundant.

Being able to do more deals between managers, instead of just 3 transfers per season. Maybe give an option of making it 5.

Being able to add on more Divisions if the league has grown, or remove divisions. Also, would like to be able to run a GC like Custom, with all the leagues around the world. Would pay for it too. I think I would be able to fill it up, have better rules, and make it way more competitive than GC1, with probably a more realistic transfer market and such. And I think SM is afraid that will happen.

Being able to remove unwanted managers from your customs, that you have paid for, instead of going through the SMFA. Seems simple enough. And I even think somebody said it before up above, if abused, then their custom is going to be worthless anyways, and no managers will want to play in there.

Forced transfers due to relegation. Could set it up to where they have to sell their most valuable player, if relegated or something along those lines.

Just a few ideas, that I know I have seen on here before, for many years. Funny how when the stuff starts hitting the fan because of the loss of managers due to the new layout, SM wants to reach out and help out us poor lowly custom users. The only leagues that are basically full on SM, because they are ran with ingenuity, guile, and strictness. Something SM should have adopted a long time ago.

Being able to set a squad cap, loan out cap aswell, and having the power to remove anyone who abuses rules would be a fabulous idea, and a real shot in the arm for custom worlds. I own a custom world with a squad cap in place, along with a loan out cap. We all know it each other and all adhere to the rules, no one acts about, but there is a bunch of teams available. We could feel safe opening it up to 'outsiders' and fill the world knowing these strangers couldn't break the rules and act 'thick' so to say.... ..

People genuine about being part of a good world and not on a troll job could join and maybe hang around for a long time, and gameworlds would improve massively with the 'new blood'.

Squad Caps are a necessity for Customs.

I don't see the point in having transfer bans, when you use transfer windows. Kind of redundant.

Being able to do more deals between managers, instead of just 3 transfers per season. Maybe give an option of making it 5.

Being able to add on more Divisions if the league has grown, or remove divisions. Also, would like to be able to run a GC like Custom, with all the leagues around the world. Would pay for it too. I think I would be able to fill it up, have better rules, and make it way more competitive than GC1, with probably a more realistic transfer market and such. And I think SM is afraid that will happen.

The above point I agree with & think would be a great addition but I don't see SM implementing it as I would assume they would see it a restricting additional custom game worlds being bought which of course is very wrong but at the end of the day that has always appeared to be the business model.

Being able to remove unwanted managers from your customs, that you have paid for, instead of going through the SMFA. Seems simple enough. And I even think somebody said it before up above, if abused, then their custom is going to be worthless anyways, and no managers will want to play in there.

Forced transfers due to relegation. Could set it up to where they have to sell their most valuable player, if relegated or something along those lines.

Just a few ideas, that I know I have seen on here before, for many years. Funny how when the stuff starts hitting the fan because of the loss of managers due to the new layout, SM wants to reach out and help out us poor lowly custom users. The only leagues that are basically full on SM, because they are ran with ingenuity, guile, and strictness. Something SM should have adopted a long time ago.

Additional idea

• News Feed Breakdown - The ability to separate the news feed between; Transfer News & GW News. Would all for a much easier navigation of information & I also believe improve the social side of custom worlds. This could be an on / off separation ability which the GW owner can alternate between should they want it or not.

Hope this thread hasn't been forgotten about as I believe that custom game worlds & the ability to make them unique & such is probably the future of SM & clearly where some of the best GW's lie due to the sociability & custom content some provide.

A couple of ideas that I've thought about & discussed with some of the community;

• Chairman Loan Restrictions - The option to turn on & off the chairman's interventions for loans. For example, in a custom GW we have a 50 man squad limit which is an earlier suggestion of making a real limit rather than one GW's have to themselves police, now in that GW some squads have a big mix of first team & youth team squads for various tournaments that are run within it, again another earlier suggestion for creating custom tournaments in GWs. So my squad as the example has a first team of roughly 21 players 89-94 rated & then a youth team ranging 89-70. My limit with the chairman restrictions for loaning out players is 85 however I have players that are 86,87,88 who do not get into the first team & therefore sit there doing nothing when I would happily loan them out. The ability to lift this restriction in customs would be perfect as again the point I have always made is these are custom worlds & this kind of customisation is a must, if these additional rule changes are abused by owners then the GW would not be popular, IE. they would pay the price for abusing rules. Let owners have these kind of customisation abilities. 
  • SMFA Competitions - Secondly I & many others 100% believe that the current setting of in custom worlds still only allowing gold members to compete in SMFA competitions makes them completely useless. I am in a custom world where we use friendlies to create our own elite competition because the SMFA is pointless as you get 4/5 human teams in them anyway & then only 1 of those is gold & actually controls their match lineups. I don't believe allowing non gold members to compete in the SMFA tournaments in customs is the answer for these competitions as still that would mean 4/5 managers & 30 odd AI sides competing which few therefore care for however it makes competing in the league / divisions more worthwhile. An example is that in this same custom world as soon as the D1 title is decided the managers in 2nd down then don't care if they finish 2nd or 15th as it means nothing. The current system is setup as rewarding glory for the title & otherwise nothing in the eyes of myself & many. As I have prior suggested in this thread a better idea is to allow full custom tournaments in the spare dates between league & cup fixtures, probably rather than allowing non gold members to play in the SMFA as like I mentioned, to play against 30 AI sides & potentially 4 other human sides makes the competition actually pretty unappealing.