Steven

Custom Game Worlds - New Advanced Rules & Features

Ability to set an average rating for matches in Custom advanced rules. In real life you players like Dahoud and Weigl rated around 87 but the'll never play in SM. Tactics window would not accept a team unless its average rating is no greater than in the set rules say maybe 89 or 90. Means you have to play your 87 rated with your 93.

• Managerial Stipulations - The ability to tie in sackings to specific positions on each club. Example; Barcelona in Division 1 (20 teams). Should the manager in charge finish the season below 10th position in Division 1 they would be sacked. The ability to tie in specifics to clubs based upon the owners preferences for seeing certain level of clubs achieve specific standards is something I believe is very much needed in forward thinking custom game worlds. We are currently trialling 'Self-Imposed Managerial Stipulations' in Top 100 where managers choose their own criteria for the difference between success & failures in the season in which the idea is that they would resign if they did not meet the criteria they set themselves. This would be a very fair & realistic ability to apply within your custom game worlds. It would likely only be used in social & well managed game worlds however on the other hand if you create your own custom world and made entry public for it but with stipulations tied to every club it would possibly encourage managers to look at squads & assess if they felt they could achieve that level of criteria with whatever was available to them & therefore avoid the sack & keep their job.

If you want to read more on the 'trial' Top 100 is having - http://smtop100.blogspot.co.uk/p/managerial-stipulations.html

We're going to be looking at making some changes to Custom Game Worlds. So before we start work on this i've a nice simple question - what additional Advanced Rules would you like to see in Custom Game Worlds or features? For example you might want to be able to select a Squad Cap and be able to Allocate Squad Numbers in your Advanced Rules. For additional features you might want to be able to bolt on extra national leagues to your template.

when can i bolt on extra leagues

Any updates as to any improvements to custom game worlds & perhaps some of the suggested improvements being introduced at all? Other than the quick introduction of the 'About this Game World' information tab there seems to have been nothing new in what is near 6 months now.

How hard can it be to include a squad cap in the Custom World set up. Game worlds are on the brink of collapse because some managers refuse to play to a squad cap. Deliberately and brazenly going over into 100's of players. C'mon SM help the guys who want to enjoy the game. 

2 hours ago, themd21 said:

How hard can it be to include a squad cap in the Custom World set up. Game worlds are on the brink of collapse because some managers refuse to play to a squad cap. Deliberately and brazenly going over into 100's of players. C'mon SM help the guys who want to enjoy the game. 

I though you could? Bear in mind I've never set up a custom myself so I'm not sure, but a few of us were looking at setting up a custom and the idea of a squad cap and how high it should be was discussed by people who have set up custom worlds in the past. Like I say, I can't be 100% sure - maybe someone else can give a better answer?

Most important imo is the ability to remove a manager from the gw. it may depend on any criteria like 80% manager votes+ admin vote needed to kick someone out.. something like that. That would help in keeping a gw clean of cheaters and frauds.

Sorry lads but there is no facility to impose a squad cap other than good will and everyone agreeing. And if some managers chose to ignore the cap there is nothing the owner or anyone else can do. SM will not interfere and all you can do is isolate the offenders, don't buy or sell to them and hope they finish in the bottom 3 where they will then be sacked.