This is ludicrous, there's no balance between fitness and matches a player can reasonably play, and the matches considered when looking at concerns.

No player can play every match, but it seems some want to.

To be honest, most players struggle fitness wise to play two, miss one, play two, miss one, but they seem to want that for concerns, especially high rated players.

There also doesn't seem to be any consideration for injuries - one player was out for a long injury but has developed a concern for lack of games despite playing pretty much 10 out of the 12 he was fit for.

Seriously losing interest in battling the ever changing (and never explained!) rules on this "game".

Coupled with the increased injuries and cards in matches recently (another bug??), and now concerns, it's impossible to manage any form of squad.

This is getting out of hand. Sm need to adress this ASAP of all the issues this has the potential to decimate alot of old, hard earned decent squads and quickly. This will lose managers like the plague.

Cam, irrelevant but is their a help email address directly to soccermanager?

If a player starts then I think it counts as one full game whether he gets subbed or not.  If he comes on as sub then it counts as half a game (regardless of what time he comes on).

Exactly. That is what I do and my players never get concerns.

I'm in a GC where I've played 62 games in 140 days, unless fitness is calculated differently I'll never be able to have my players play 85% of those games.

Up until this last week I have never had concerns as it was manageable with a 22 man squad, now they are factoring in all games its an extra 25 games in a season potentially my players now expect to play 55 games a season.

It might be possible in Standards where SMFA Competitions don't affect fitness but not in GC's.

This is what I've always done. 3 subs every game but now suddenly I have 5 or 6 players with concerns. The reviews occur every 13 games in each league so next review might surprise you...!

I've done some maths based on just league matches alone:

If players require 90% of games:

There's 38 games a season x 12.5 (maximum available matches per fixture if you use 3 substitutes every time) = 475 possible games per season.

90% of 38 games (the maximum any one player can play) = 34.2 games.

475 divided by 34.2 = 13.8 happy players a season MAXIMUM. (Presumably only players over 21 and highly rated at any age can get concerns)

85%

38 * 12.5 = 475 possible games

85% = 32.3 = 14.7 players happy per season MAX.

80%

85% = 30.4 = 15.6 players happy.per season MAX.

So with concerns between 85 - 90% realistically you can only keep 14 to 15 highly rated players happy per season IF you use 3 subs every league game.

Obviously cup matches make things more complicated as you don't always play the first round and you can get knocked out etc. Also you cant play the same 11 in a league match and then a cup match due to fitness. Also really you only ever use 1 goalkeeper per season due to the concern system you cant keep two decent goalkeepers happy so thats a few games less to spread around.

I think my maths is correct. Make of it what you will!

These new rules are awful. Not been affected yet but soon will be as we're heading into the tenth turn.

Was only a couple of days ago I found out about these new rules and that was only from someone I know being affected in another league.

After tonight, I'll have played 12 games in all competitions that lose fitness. Players just can't play in league and cup games unless recovery is dramatically sped up. Pogba will be on 67% and will most likely get a concern despite playing 8 games. Ramos was suspended for the first three league games this season, but has played in every league game since (can't play in the cup either as it just can't happen) and now stands at 67% (played in 6 of 9 eligible games with the three he's not played in being the first round of cup and shield and second round of the cup) so will get a concern too. Jerome Boateng started 6 games, injured for three and subbed on twice. Last round he'd have been on 88% under new rules, now because he has to be rested for this round it had gone down to 78%.

It goes on and on. I'm not someone who needlessly hogs players and sell regularly. It's a disaster. I'm not in a game world where SMFA competitions affect fitness and use three subs every game. Was on track for every player to be fine concern wise under old system but under new one up to 10 are affected.

Worst thing about all this is that it seems to be a 'stealth' change with no announcement about it, and none of the devs have replied to this thread despite it being up over a week.

This is what I've always done. 3 subs every game but now suddenly I have 5 or 6 players with concerns. The reviews occur every 13 games in each league so next review might surprise you...!

I've done some maths based on just league matches alone:

If players require 90% of games:

There's 38 games a season x 12.5 (maximum available matches per fixture if you use 3 substitutes every time) = 475 possible games per season.

90% of 38 games (the maximum any one player can play) = 34.2 games.

475 divided by 34.2 = 13.8 happy players a season MAXIMUM. (Presumably only players over 21 and highly rated at any age can get concerns)

85%

85% = 32.3 = 14.7 players happy per season MAX.

80%

85% = 30.4 = 15.6 players happy.per season MAX.

So with concerns between 85 - 90% realistically you can only keep 14 to 15 highly rated players happy per season IF you use 3 subs every league game.

Obviously cup matches make things more complicated as you don't always play the first round and you can get knocked out etc. Also you cant play the same 11 in a league match and then a cup match due to fitness. Also really you only ever use 1 goalkeeper per season due to the concern system you cant keep two decent goalkeepers happy so thats a few games less to spread around.

I think my maths is correct. Make of it what you will!

Interesting.

If you look at top club IRL, they usually have a main core of 15-16 players. Coincidence? It doesn't seems so.

what is going on?

i understand the need to have concerns to avoid people from hogging players and i agree but currently it is getting into a ridiculous level

top players who play more than half of the season are unhappy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cmon, we need to rest players, right?

this is nuts 

Top players want to play as much as possible IRL as well. For instance, Marquinhos is unhappy with game time in PSG.

Either you play the top players, or you'll be eventually forced to sell them due to concerns sooner or later.

I'm not currently in a game world right now so I'm not sure how bad player concerns have got but I was hoping they would make it a bit stricter because I don't usually get any.. And it's boring without having to deal with problems I think!

If they want to be more realistic comtinuing from Agula post they have to change the fitness. Players routinely play a lot of games back to back irl. If they want to keep this math imo they need to cut the fitness loss by 33-50%. otherwise change the requirements for concerns

What am I missing here? I have a squad of 50 players and I experience no concerns. Im hearing that managers not playing players stand to lose them. This is well over due. If this was happening to me Id take it as a challenge. Freeing up players that arent playing I totally agree with. The changes have brought one or two more cash deals between managers but ratcheting up concerns could really ignite long stagnant transfer markets.

What am I missing here? I have a squad of 50 players and I experience no concerns. Im hearing that managers not playing players stand to lose them. This is well over due. If this was happening to me Id take it as a challenge. Freeing up players that arent playing I totally agree with. The changes have brought one or two more cash deals between managers but ratcheting up concerns could really ignite long stagnant transfer markets.

i think there is a slight overcomensation. only slight. Ronaldo being benched etc as written above sure that is exactly what it is supposed to get rid of. We are seeing players play ridiculous amounts of games and getting concerns. it needs adjusting. I would be in favor of A more reasonable amount of games played but a faster concerns process if they didnt. say cut it to level1-3 and they leave at 3. As long as the requirements are fair then people mismanaging or hogging will have to react quickly or it will be rectified quickly.

All I can say on this subject is its not my experience but my top players are always first on the team sheet. Speaking broadly about Concerns they dont seem to be going far enough at present. One of the 250 player squads in my gameworld has only 30 players on concerns and none of those are anywhere near first team. One of those on concerns is a 73 rated youth yet there are over 100 youths with older and of higher rating. It all seems random to me.

All games where fitness can be lost are counted in the maximum number of games a player can play so you have to include Cup games too.

So Muller would have expected to have played in 85% of League, Cup and Shield games which would be(just going by your last pic) 30 possible games, which would be 25.5 games. 22 game out of 30 is only 73.3% which is why h is concerned.

qfo820p014zt.png

My Lyon side after matchday 22 as you can see. Only Vardy has a concern which is about being loaned out as I loaned him out for 7-8 games. I use Younes most often as he is playing very good.

I've just bought Ferreira Carrasco, Coman and Oblak(gave ter Stegen in exchange). Bellerin has just been called back from loan as Darmian was getting fatigue and Varane is injured. Also Darmian was injured for at least a month so exclude his case. But still Kroos, Verratti, Pique and especially Rakitic, instead of whom I'm using Younes lately, aren't getting any concerns.

All games where fitness can be lost are counted in the maximum number of games a player can play so you have to include Cup games too.

Thanks Allan, I thought it was necessary to count only the league's matches.

Cup and shield matches (no SMFA) were not counted as maximum number of games.

Example: League with 20 teams = 38 matches

The player play:

20 league (4 sub), 10 cup (4 sub) = 30(8 sub) matches on 38 possible.

Total: 34 matches on 38 counted.

You say :

20 league (4 sub), 10 cup (4 sub) = 30(8 sub) matches on 48 (or more) possible.

Total: 34 matches on 48 counted.

Maybe I remember wrong, but Steven was talk of only the league match counted (38 in this case).

Indeed Muller isn't the highest rank player, so we must count only 75%

*exscuse always for my englishtalian language * :D

qfo820p014zt.png

My Lyon side after matchday 22 as you can see. Only Vardy has a concern which is about being loaned out as I loaned him out for 7-8 games. I use Younes most often as he is playing very good.

I've just bought Ferreira Carrasco, Coman and Oblak(gave ter Stegen in exchange). Bellerin has just been called back from loan as Darmian was getting fatigue and Varane is injured. Also Darmian was injured for at least a month so exclude his case. But still Kroos, Verratti, Pique and especially Rakitic, instead of whom I'm using Younes lately, aren't getting any concerns.

When was the last review period? I believe its due around turn 12/24/36 give or take a turn.

My league got reviewed after game 37. I'm using this as a warning to trim my other first team squads a bit. I'm someone who never got more than 1 or 2 concerns a season and this was mostly squad players around the 90 rating, not my  93 - 95 players.

Thanks Allan, I thought it was necessary to count only the league's matches.

Cup and shield matches (no SMFA) were not counted as maximum number of games.

Example: League with 20 teams = 38 matches

The player play:

20 league (4 sub), 10 cup (4 sub) = 30(8 sub) matches on 38 possible.

Total: 34 matches on 38 counted.

You say :

20 league (4 sub), 10 cup (4 sub) = 30(8 sub) matches on 48 (or more) possible.

Total: 34 matches on 48 counted.

Maybe I remember wrong, but Steven was talk of only the league match counted (38 in this case).

Indeed Muller isn't the highest rank player, so we must count only 75%

*exscuse always for my englishtalian language * :D

This is where the change seems to have been, that was previosuly the case.

When was the last review period? I believe its due around turn 12/24/36 give or take a turn.

My league got reviewed after game 37. I'm using this as a warning to trim my other first team squads a bit. I'm someone who never got more than 1 or 2 concerns a season and this was mostly squad players around the 90 rating, not my  93 - 95 players.

Turn 12 is gone. Let's wait for 24 and 36.

Most people don't have an issue with a concerns system, what the issue is, CONSTANTLY, is that we have to work it out for ourselves.

Work out that something has changed when our squads are affected.

Work out how to modify the management of our team to compensate for these changes, and how to repair damage that's been done that could possibly have been avoided if we were given the common courtesy of a change notification, full explanation, and time to adjust BEFORE the change is implemented.

It's not the utterly incompetent way that SM is run and developed that causes people to leave so much as the fact it's a constantly (d)evolving mess of secret and untested changes, with little regard to any effect to the general player population. It's like we're on a live beta server...

Transparency and discussion usually leads to a lot more patience from a player base.