Sign in to follow this  
Paddy Garrett

2 week transfer ban

Sometimes when I sell players they only get a 2 week transfer ban, once it happened to all the players I sold on a certain day.  I'm pretty sure transfers between 2 external clubs is 2 week TB, but normally player to anywhere is the normal 3 month one.  Is this just a glitch or am I unaware of some transfer market mechanics?

Why does my player have a transfer ban?

Once a player moves club on a transfer they receive a 20 Turn transfer ban for managed or unmanaged clubs within your Game World,or a 2 turn transfer ban for transfer to an external club. This means that the player cannot be sold on again for 20 game Turns (20 league games) which is equivalent to 10 real life weeks or 2 game Turns (2 league games), equivalent of 1 real life week for transfers to external clubs. The club cannot receive any offers for the player and the player cannot be placed on the transfer list.

Taken from the help section. Its an intentional recent change. I assume its to stop managers selling players externally to remove them from the game world for a long period of time.