brocky64

Brazil Serie A – WhoScored ratings of U21 players

I've compiled a list of any players that played in Brazilian Serie A on the weekend (15/05/16) that are under 21. These players have been sorted by their WhoScored rating but I have included their SM rating too.

Hopefully this should be a good indicator of both who is getting minutes, and more importantly who is playing well. I have to confess this was compiled on a whim and I have no working knowledge of this league. It was really for me to try and find risers for a new GW.

Points of interest:

• JESUS, Gabirel scored two goals to get a WhoScored rating of 9.96
  • LUCÃO, Silva was the highest rated defender with a score of 7.96
  • MARTINS, Thiago was the third highest rated player and has an SM rating of only 75
  • WALACE, Silva was the highest rated midfielder with a score of 7.37

On5RQDu.png

If anyone is interested any further, I'm happy to provide all of the compiled WhoScored data and minutes played which have been omitted for simplicities sake. Also apologies for the image of the data, but copying a table into here is a nightmare!

I've compiled a list of any players that played in Brazilian Serie A on the weekend (15/05/16) that are under 21. These players have been sorted by their WhoScored rating but I have included their SM rating too.

Hopefully this should be a good indicator of both who is getting minutes, and more importantly who is playing well. I have to confess this was compiled on a whim and I have no working knowledge of this league. It was really for me to try and find risers for a new GW.

Points of interest:

• JESUS, Gabirel scored two goals to get a WhoScored rating of 9.96
  • LUCÃO, Silva was the highest rated defender with a score of 7.96
  • MARTINS, Thiago was the third highest rated player and has an SM rating of only 75
  • WALACE, Silva was the highest rated midfielder with a score of 7.37

On5RQDu.png

If anyone is interested any further, I'm happy to provide all of the compiled WhoScored data and minutes played which have been omitted for simplicities sake. Also apologies for the image of the data, but copying a table into here is a nightmare!

I would like to know, of all of them,  what are must-buys for you ?

I don't actually watch any of the games and these statistics are only after the first game of the season...however, in my gameworld I have bought the players that are 75 rated:

• MARTINS, Thiago
  • REIS, Matheus
  • SALES, Matheus

If I had a larger budget, I would buy:

• JESUS, Gabriel
  • VOJNOVIC, Lyanco

The list above is ordered by how well they played, so anyone staying high on this list will be good to purchase.

Also, if anyone else has very little money in their game world, a player that is not under 23 but played 90 minutes for Palmeiras is Tchê Tche. He is only 73 rated but if he keeps getting regular minutes he should get a pretty good rise.

I'm brazilian, so my oppinions for these players:

Must-buy:

Gabriel Jesus, he's a starter from Palmeiras and surely in a european club in the future.
Walace, he's a starter from Gremio and he is a very solid defensive midfielder.
Thiago Maia, starter from Santos and very promising too.
Gabriel Barbosa, elected one of the best attackers in the last year.
Everton Soares, worth it since he's 75 and is bench on Gremio, has great speed and is used on the last minutes sometimes.

Lucao from Sao Paulo actually is hated by the fans.

and that's why. 

Thanks BrunoMentz for your more in-depth knowledge!

To add a few stats to your recommendations:

• Thiago Maia has played 90 minutes in both games for Santos so far and is 25th in the U21 WhoScored ranking
  • Gabriel Barbosa has also played 90 minutes in both games for Santos and has exactly the same WhoScored rating as Thiago Maia, so is 24th
  • Everton Soares has only played 71 minutes across two games, but that's coming off the bench both times so has actually got a lot of minutes for a substitute. (Is also only 77 rated on SM). Currently ranked 40th in the U21 WhoScored ranking
  • Andrigo has played 150 minutes across two games for Internacional, which would probably make him a good bet to rise on SM because he is only rated at 75 at the moment. Currently 29th in the U21 WhoScored rankings.

Brazil Serie A – Week 2

Here's an update to the statistically best players Under 21 in Brazils Serie A. I've tried to make the data a bit more useful for SM players, so I've cut the list down to a top 10 which will get updated after each gameweek. I've also made some tentative predictions as to the rating changes, I've tried to base it on the rest of that particular players team.

Q0bDva2.png

from these players, Gabriel Barbosa, aka "Gabigol" is frequently called by the National Team and he'll be #11 of Brazil in Copa America next month.

Andrigo probably will be a starter from Internacional in the whole season. Even being a fan from the rival team of city, i think he's a good player.

Great infos brocky64!

The games come thick and fast in the Brasileirão! Here's the latest table from round 3 of the fixtures:

vznoR4F.png

Other points of interest:

• Felipe Vizeu (Flamengo) scored on his first start of the season, which pushed him into the top 10. However, as he only played 61 minutes all season it's unfair on regular players at the moment to put him in.
  • Gustavo Scarpa (Fluminense) has played loads of minutes and would be sitting in 7th place in the top 10, but he is 22 years old. He's rated 80 on SM.
  • Only three players in the top 10 have played every minute so far (which is a good indicator that they'll rise well!) They are: Furtado William (Internacional), Silva Walace (Grêmio) and Ferreira Juninho (Coritiba).
  • Andrigo (as aforementioned by BrunoMentz) scored in his last game and has played 240 out of a possible 270 minutes.

@1000dB – Sorry, no idea when this league will be reviewed. They are doing all of the big leagues at the moment but not sure whether that'll just be European. I also don't know when it was last reviewed. Regarding the cap, again no idea but there are certainly some 89 rated players, someone else could possibly advise as to whether there are any 90+ players. I'm not really au fait with SM's review system tbh...

@El profesor – good shout with those players. Bruno Viana played 90 mins last game. Below is a list of players with low SM ratings but are playing a lot of minutes:

• FERNANDES, Jonathan (Botafogo) – 77
  • REIS, Matheus (São Paulo) – 75
  • MARTINS, Thiago (Palmeiras) – 75
  • BUENO, Vitor (Santos) – 76
  • EWANDRO, Costa (CA Paranaense) – 76
  • BATISTA, Artur (Internacional) – 76
  • RIBAMAR, Lucas (Botafogo) – 75
  • ANDRIGO, Oliveira (Internacional) – 75
  • GUEDES, Róger (Palmeiras) – 75
  • SALES, Matheus (Palmeiras) – 75

<p>

@El profesor – good shout with those players. Bruno Viana played 90 mins last game. Below is a list of players with low SM ratings but are playing a lot of minutes:

• FERNANDES, Jonathan (Botafogo) – 77
  • REIS, Matheus (São Paulo) – 75
  • MARTINS, Thiago (Palmeiras) – 75
  • DIOGO, Vitor (Santos) – 70
  • EWANDRO, Costa (CA Paranaense) – 76
  • BATISTA, Artur (Internacional) – 76
  • RIBAMAR, Lucas (Botafogo) – 75
  • ANDRIGO, Oliveira (Internacional) – 75
  • GUEDES, Róger (Palmeiras) – 75
  • SALES, Matheus (Palmeiras) – 75

Do you mean Vitor Diogo or Vitor Bueno from Santos? I check stats and Diogo didn t play a single minute.

Actually Andrigo didn't scored, it was a own goal. But as said, he's a starter in the team and will play against Santos next match tomorrow.

Vitor Bueno is a good unknown name, he came from the B team and he's the penalty kicker for Santos. Added to Database 2 days ago, i already bought him.  :D

Gameweek 4

Grêmio move to the top of the league – here's the top 10 after this round of fixtures:

VyU7C1Y.png

Points of interest:

• For the first time, there is a new number 1! Furtado William has played every minute so far for Internacional and they are currently sitting in 2nd in the table and have only conceded once in four games (he's a right back)
  • Despite Cruzeiro being in 19th place, Giorgian De Arrascaeta has scored two in two and has leapfrogged from 6th to 2nd in the rankings

Also, there are quite a few players appearing that are not yet on the database (as far as I can tell...). This isn't something I check regularly, but keep an eye out for the following players:

• Leo Duarte* (Flamengo)
  • Emerson Santos (Botafogo)
  • Lucas Fernandes (São Paulo)
  • Matheus Jesus (Ponte Preta)
  • Dodô (Coritiba)
  • Xavier (América Mineiro)
  • Ramon (Vitória)
  • Ravanelli (Ponte Preta)

*would be 8th in the top 10

@olivier 1 – I can tell you that I've never heard of him. All I've done is look at 4 games worth of stats on a particular league, I have no in-depth knowledge of Brazilian football, sorry.

Perhaps BrunoMentz will be able to give you a proper answer.

Gameweek 5

Here are the stats for Gameweek 5. Seems the numbers are starting to settle down a bit, so that should make for a bit more of a consistent top 10 with some patterns occurring.

3101yTJ.png

Points of interest:

• Santa Cruz are still yet to field any player under 21
  • Victor Luiz (22 years old, so not in this list) is the highest rated player for Botafogo this season (78 rated – would be ranked No.8 in the list)
  • Gustavo Scarpa (22 years old, also not in this list) is the highest rated player for Fluminense this season (80 rated – would be ranked No.4 in the list)

games at the start of the season should be taken with a pinch of salt as many clubs are also resting stars as they are involved in contential competition - so dont be surprised if they drop out of the team

But anyway

Super thread

I post on another thread here now and again:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/71869-brazil-s%C3%A9rie-a-rating-predictions/page-199

topsy turvy start to the season once again, 

briefly, main players to bring to your attention

Gabriel Jesus - golden boy. neat little player

Walace - europe beckons

Jorge - next LB off the long line of carbon copy Brazilian fullbacks

Matheus Sales - tidy DM

Thiago Maia - yet another flair creator from Santos

Gerson - we all know about him

Clayton - looking to step up after 2 impressive campaigns with Figueirense as their main striker

Carlos Carvalho - personal favourite of mine

Andrigo - after nearly 5 years of waiting since being labelled a golden boy, finally into the first team

Gustavo Scarpa

Look out for Leo Duarte & Felipe Vizeu (couple goals recently). Both impressed at the Sao Paulo Youth Cup, several others waiting for their chance too!

Vizeu interests me as he is a proper centre forward. Target man. Something Brazil lack. Leo Duarte is a commanding Centre back.

Gabigol - im still not sold, probably will end up leaving soon to likely rot at a European club