Darrel Shannan

Condition of players after game

Ow much condition do players lose after a game? And how much do they gain each non-match day?

Also, how much do players lose if they only play half a game as a sub or coming off for a sub?

I heard they lost 15-25% after a game but some of my players lost 30%+ after last night.

Mine usually only lose around 5% playing a full game, unless they're injured of course. They do sometimes lose 30% (thirty-percent!) but their condition goes back up to where it should be if I leave it for a day and come back later. The problem is it's difficult to know what their fitness level actually is, because it shows up as different in the tactics screen and the squad screen.

For example, a player who's at 70% fitness in the squad screen might have 93% fitness in the tactics screen. So do I play him or let him rest up?

Immediately after a game the fitness will often be really low, so it is better to wait until the following day to make any changes. The level then is where it will remain until the next game. It is a bit frustrating that the squad and tactics screens show different percentages though! Hopefully they fix that.

2 minutes ago, smut said:

if you look at your squad, you will see their current fitness level.

if you look at tactics , you will see the estimated fitness for that game.

fitness levels improve at around 8% per day.

Is that how it works? I've picked my team less than an hour before a game before and the squad page will have someone at 53% but on the tactics page they'll be over 70%.

I definitely wouldn't use any of the figures until the day after a game as they take a while to re-adjust. I use the figures on the tactics page because like Smut I think they are an estimate if what the figures will be on game day.

I do get the odd anomoly where after a match my whole team seems to drop really low and take more than a couple of days to recover. I'm also not sure if they fatigue more as the season gets near the end. My players usually take longer to recover as they get to the end of the season but it might be coincidence