Stephen McGrath

10yrs on the 20th august since i joined soccer manager

December 14, 2007 is when I joined.

A year and a few months behind ya.

I loved it back then, when it was much more simpler.

Also, the thrill of having to time it perfectly, when signing on, and trying to get into the Next GC, was the best thing.

When they started popping them out like bunnies, I knew then, the whole SM experience wouldn't be the same.

Became commercialized...

Quite a way behind you, joined may 2009.

Have to agree with footballz SM have enforced an enormous amount of BAD DECISIONS since then. It was much better then, it encouraged & didn't penalise good managers then rather than constantly trying to dumb down & help hopeless managers. Sad the way SM has declined .... I too was so enthusiastic with anticipation & compete with intelligent, informed & challenging competitors boring now in comparison & 99% of the best have left :(

it's been 10yrs on the 20th august since i joined soccer manager, is there anyone else still doing it that long?? i remember playing it by PBM Play By Mail, before the internet, addicted then & still addicted now

2006 here , also pbm was you could been in the best sleep ever it's a Monday and you've got school and can't be bothered but as soon as that mail dropped through the door you were right up to see your results haha.