Sign in to follow this  
tupac_healy

Shaw vs Moreno

Man calm down. Shaw barrely played for Man Utd in the last two years and he arrived as a 19 year old boy, which 19 year old has more than 88 in SM? Moreno is 25 and he played first team for Sevilla and Liverpool for the last 4 years, of course he will have higher rating. If Shaw is better he will show that in an upcoming season, but u cant expect him to rise while he was injured.

11 hours ago, Majstor44 said:

Man calm down. Shaw barrely played for Man Utd in the last two years and he arrived as a 19 year old boy, which 19 year old has more than 88 in SM? Moreno is 25 and he played first team for Sevilla and Liverpool for the last 4 years, of course he will have higher rating. If Shaw is better he will show that in an upcoming season, but u cant expect him to rise while he was injured.

OK.... Let me try get my point across differently as you seem to have missed it completely. Here goes.....

Shaw 88.... Moreno 89....

Just let that sink in for a bit 

Better? 

Alberto Moreno, UEFA cup winner, spanish international, proven at Sevilla & Liverpool

Luke Shaw - red top rag hype and long term injury sufferer. England international

Look, Shaw will one day overtake Moreno, but for now, the ratings are correct.

Moreno is horrific as a defender, no awareness.

But offensively - fantastic.

Luke Shaw, super talent, but yet to have a real stab at showing it on the top stage

Some people don't realize, that SM, even with SM Wiki, still go off of stats, along with, how well the team does.

Man U, has not been good, these last couple of seasons, and like it's been said, Shaw has been injured for the most part during that. Yes, great player, and could be, on SM. If Man U do well, in the real world, as well as, Shaw getting the majority of the starts, and getting some assists here and there, with maybe a goal or 2 by the end of this season. No reason he won't be an 89 or a 90.

The reason Moreno got there, and it's been stated already, he's played on winning teams, or teams that have done well, in the past, justifying his 89, but I don't see him getting any higher than 90, unless Liverpool win the league with him, or get close to that, with him as the starter, which doesn't look promising for the lad. Yes, great in attack, that's why he's considered more of that LWB, instead of a LB.

It's like bringing up why Coutinho is still a 91. C'mon, we all know he's a great player. Can do some great stuff on the pitch. Should easily be a 92 or 93 even, with now getting regular starts with his National team, but Liverpool have not been good. So, he's just chillin at that 91, for now, until either Liverpool get Top 4, or, he moves elsewhere, to a bigger and better club. Now, yes, if he goes for 15 goals, and 15 assists, that can sometimes supersede how well the team does, and justify getting his own raise.

It's all in the stats, and how good the team is.

You must be a Man U fan Tupac ;), which I can see why you think Shaw deserves better. I don't think Moreno is going anywhere from his 89 rating, even if Liverpool do well, tbh, and I'm a Liverpool fan. Defensive liability, ya, more than likely. Just has to use his head a lot more. Too reckless. Doesn't always have to bomb forward. Doesn't always have to be strong in the tackle. When you're lightning quick, use that to your ability on defense. If he works on that stuff, ya, I could eventually see him getting a better rating on SM, but when you're the scapegoat right now, with everything bad that's with the defense, it'll prolly hurt his reputation, which is why I think, Klopp is trying to defend him, to the best of his abilities, because he's really not that bad.

Just got a few areas to work on, just like everyone does. Shoot, even Shaw's had some bad touches and made a few mistakes to start this season, but they're winning, so everybody looks past that. If Liverpool hadn't of given up those easy goals against Arsenal, nobody would even be talking about Moreno, and would have looked past that. But, they gave up goals, more than likely, Moreno having a part in it, but it's still a team game, which is back to my point, that it's how the team does too, not just the player, in SM land.

On 8/15/2016 at 1:22 PM, tupac_healy said:

Shaw 88.... Moreno 89....

Just let that sink in for a bit 

Add to the fact that you are a Manchester United fan.

Shaw is just coming back from injury. Wait until winter upgrades and see if anything has changed.

2 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

Add to the fact that Shaw is a batter player as of from today let alone wait till the winter review...

Moreno being a better lb shows how poor the current system is

There are a lot of LBs that prolly deserve to be better than Moreno.

I agree, the system is flawed a bit. I would vote for more of a free flowing system, like maybe hit player ratings for the top leagues, every few months or so, instead of waiting every 6 months, or whatever it is. Would definitely be a bit more realistic, because with players ratings and skill, also comes with confidence as well in real life.

Take a look at Pique, too. Ya, prolly deserved his drop to 94, when Barca were slippin a few seasons back, or whenever it was, but they then went on to win the Champions League, and he didn't get a bump, now cmon.

Another is Alba. Dude needs to be 93 at least.

There's a lot of cases man. The one thing SM has been consistent though with ratings, is you've got to prove it first, again, something Shaw hasn't done yet.

Moreno might even get a drop, with all the disgust coming his way as of late, imo. Especially, if he loses his spot.

5 hours ago, rio31 said:

There are a lot of LBs that prolly deserve to be better than Moreno.

I agree, the system is flawed a bit. I would vote for more of a free flowing system, like maybe hit player ratings for the top leagues, every few months or so, instead of waiting every 6 months, or whatever it is. Would definitely be a bit more realistic, because with players ratings and skill, also comes with confidence as well in real life.

Take a look at Pique, too. Ya, prolly deserved his drop to 94, when Barca were slippin a few seasons back, or whenever it was, but they then went on to win the Champions League, and he didn't get a bump, now cmon.

Another is Alba. Dude needs to be 93 at least.

There's a lot of cases man. The one thing SM has been consistent though with ratings, is you've got to prove it first, again, something Shaw hasn't done yet.

Moreno might even get a drop, with all the disgust coming his way as of late, imo. Especially, if he loses his spot.

But again mate, I'm not talking about the upcoming reviews or who's done what or who was injured or who made this mistake that mistake, blah blah...

I'm simply saying.... a newbie joining SM TODAY!!!!!! will see Moreno is a better LB than Shaw, that's all. Nothing more. 

Just pointing out how much of a laughing  stock SM are making themselves.... AGAIN.

15 minutes ago, tupac_healy said:

But again mate, I'm not talking about the upcoming reviews or who's done what or who was injured or who made this mistake that mistake, blah blah...

I'm simply saying.... a newbie joining SM TODAY!!!!!! will see Moreno is a better LB than Shaw, that's all. Nothing more. 

Just pointing out how much of a laughing  stock SM are making themselves.... AGAIN.

Should have put that in your first post.

So it's a newbies point of view then. I get ya now.

I agree, SM is a laughing stock when it comes to player updates, as well as many other things.

2 hours ago, rio31 said:

Should have put that in your first post.

So it's a newbies point of view then. I get ya now.

I agree, SM is a laughing stock when it comes to player updates, as well as many other things.

Honestly, re-reading my first post..... it pretty much says all that needs to be said on the subject! Newbie/expert....

It's still.laughable that on any particular day Moreno is classed as a better player than Shaw! Ffs I play lb with a local team and I'm better than Moneno!!!!!!! Lol! 

6 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

Honestly, re-reading my first post..... it pretty much says all that needs to be said on the subject! Newbie/expert....

It's still.laughable that on any particular day Moreno is classed as a better player than Shaw! Ffs I play lb with a local team and I'm better than Moneno!!!!!!! Lol! 

There's a reason why he plays for Liverpool and makes possibly way more money than you'll ever have in your bank account, and you are still playing for your local club. ;)

6 hours ago, th3stain said:

If SM went purely by stats then why didnt Jese rise when Vazquez did? Virtually the same stats last season.

@rio31

He had about 400 more minutes in the league, Vazquez did. Only reason I can see there.

I agree, that SM has a flawed system, and that some players, should probably be higher rated, but again, I've also said, that SM waits for the player to prove it first. Jese should prolly be an 88, or 89, along with many other players. My guess is, that they wait for them to get more minutes, and starting roles.