smut

POINTLESS new forum.

31 posts in this topic

You drove away 90% of forum users a long time ago, you have now wasted how much time on changing the forum 3 times and it is still useless.

the last one wasn't great but you have managed to make it worse, just like the game , sm have not considered how user friendly this isn't for it's customers.

It really is embarrassing that the game and forum were better 3 years ago than now, at least their customer relations has stayed the same, dreadful!

1 hour ago, smut said:

You drove away 90% of forum users a long time ago, you have now wasted how much time on changing the forum 3 times and it is still useless.

the last one wasn't great but you have managed to make it worse, just like the game , sm have not considered how user friendly this isn't for it's customers.

It really is embarrassing that the game and forum were better 3 years ago than now, at least their customer relations has stayed the same, dreadful!

I have not been playing SM for three years so I can't judge that far back. I have to say I quite like the way the game plays out. I think it's a really good product. Maybe it was better three years ago, but like I said I can not compare it.

I do have to agree with the above post and say the new forum layout is not very user friendly. Like any form of change it takes a while to get used to it. It may develop well with a few alterations here and there? It seems to be the one thing a forum can't be.......slow to navigate round.

The forum is dead but it looks better like this it's basically the old one only differently coloured but that doesn't matter it's a graveyard.

I just don't see the point of changing things all the time. Like now, you have to browse through the entire new lay-out again to figure out where to find everything. That doesn't make a forum more appealing for the current users.

Soccahappy likes this

4 hours ago, LauraAFCA said:

I just don't see the point of changing things all the time. Like now, you have to browse through the entire new lay-out again to figure out where to find everything. That doesn't make a forum more appealing for the current users.

The the thing is the changes are taking place not for better but worse. I guess sm is targeting new managers and left the old, loyal bunch out of the equation(if you read Georgie 34). And honestly time is moving very fast hence the new managers will not have time for forum. May be SM realised that.

Soccahappy likes this

Hola guys, if I give example of myself, I joined SM in 2009, did not activate forum until 2012 and just started using it in 2016. My point is my friends (about 30) made me join SM and we were always in touch hence did not require to use the forum. By 2013 everyone of them left. I was about to leave too this year when I wanted to give it another go. So I entered the forum and luckily for me I found a competitive Cannon Place Legends. So now I am hanging on again in SM. What I am trying to say is for every smut there is a middle finger who does not require to use the forum. And also may be SM just couldn't keep up with the millions in the forum. 

Ste G, Soccahappy and S04 like this

All good games have a gaming community of some sort SM doesn't really at all since the forum was destroyed. Their twitter and facebook feed is almost as dead as the forum and more dead than the forum the reddit page. The 2 things that I think appeal to anyone on their twitter and facebook is the competitions and when they post a link to the sm blog where someone has done a write up on a player/s.

Soccahappy likes this

They changed the forum in May 16, that killed the forum. They then changed it twice in the end of last year. Now, they've done it again, and it's as bad. I for one can't use this bloody forum layout, it's too cumbersome and I don't have the time or patience to try and adjust to a new one again when they'll change it in a few weeks. Think I'm slowly edging my way out of the forum too. 

Soccahappy likes this

On 8/16/2016 at 5:26 PM, S04 said:

The forum is dead but it looks better like this it's basically the old one only differently coloured but that doesn't matter it's a graveyard.

And it's basically unusable, all the old threads I had saved are gone for some reason and can't find them..

This is very difficult to navigate 

Soccahappy likes this

Agree with all the comments. At least SM are consistent, they follow bad changes with more bad changes. It's actually unbelievable how they have ruined everything (Game & Forum). It used to be absolutely terrific (Both) & CONSISTENTLY they have ruined it. Proffesional Sabotage :( Last one out, turn the lights off :(

4 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

Agree with all the comments. At least SM are consistent, they follow bad changes with more bad changes. It's actually unbelievable how they have ruined everything (Game & Forum). It used to be absolutely terrific (Both) & CONSISTENTLY they have ruined it. Proffesional Sabotage :( Last one out, turn the lights off :(

I hope SM can act to sway people's thoughts on the forum and the product in general

9 hours ago, Longnose said:

Good shout Socca...:)

Wow!! Good to hear from u Longnose "it takes me back to those good old days" :) Now all we need is for that wayward scot who roams the US to come back & play us some of his Beatles Tunes again. Halcyon days / last of the summer wine/ thatcher years/ Stanley Mathews - GULP!! etc etc

8 hours ago, smut said:

the forum went downhill when Mr Longnose went AWOL.

So right mr Smut. He's probably been chasing that wayward-scot Dave round the States. Used to love their "tangles" (always respectful of course) :)

5 hours ago, georgie34 said:

I hope SM can act to sway people's thoughts on the forum and the product in general

That's the problem they keep "acting" SM should stop & just turn-back the clock OR at least listen to their customers for once this century :(

Middle_Finger likes this

What's annoying is that I have to go back and follow every dang topic again, I had already followed.

I haven't even gone back to look at any of those threads in the last couple of days, because of this.

I used to check every single one, almost daily.

Call me lazy, or whatever, but this isn't my fault. Almost want to be done with the forum all together now.

Such a joke SM. Get your head up outa each others rear ends. Y'all must've found some money up there, and just don't care anymore yourselves.

It's like a game to y'all to see how many times y'all can change the layout of both the forum and the game, without even addressing the real issues inside of each one, which is the managers and how we like to play the game.

We're the issue. Take care of us.

Socca : Howdy Brother, indeed its a long time, you are well i hope?.. Ahhhh yes i remember the fellow in question, a terrible Scottish drunk who went by the name of Belkevitz, I too enjoyed our frequent exchanges. My defining moment was when i suggested he was merely a proxy Scot, whose Father ( Andrej) jumped shipped from a Polish steamer when in port on the Clyde during the height of the cold war. It took him weeks to forgive me :)

Georgie:   So it would appear my friend, once upon a time this place was fantastic. Amusing, creative, irrelevant, confrontational, informative a real community hub which complemented the game perfectly..such a shame to see its decline.

Paul: I've told you before... stop crawling x

Soccahappy likes this

Re: Margaret's EC106 post collection.

Nae bother Belkers! och thanks for taking it so well daz-ahhhh how touching, how sweet,- pass me the sick bucket please, you two wimps sound like something from take the high road.Well i'm sorry but its not alright.Now before I get accused of anti-Scots bias, I feel well within my rights to hold last nights shameful drunken behaviour by Sue as typical of the Scots race in general. Little wonder I say, that due to their own lack of self control, the land North of civilization has never and will never amount to anything remotely resembling any consequence of any kind ever.Countless times I have witnessed such debauchery, London is plagued by gangs of these marauding hairless Scottish apes, fuelled by Dutch courage they reap wanton destruction on passers by, and their kin alike. And then when they partially sober up, they weepingly hug and make-up as the tears and mucus streams down from their bleary eyes and Scarlet noses,over their soiled trousers and on to their dirty bare feet. Well I for one remain totally absolved from any blame in this shocking incident and vindicated in my long held beliefs on abstinence and sobriety. You should be ashamed of yourself half Scot Sue, ASHAMED I SAY! and by failing to attack me your natural enemy your lack of courage, even when under the influence of the devils brew, is not unnoticed!....Longnose

Re: Margaret's EC106 post collection.

Another eloquent speech :P and as I have been in the doghouse (literally) :D all day today, I will refrain from entering into another debate..:P I have been to my anger management class today with my two druken buddies in tow and we are filled with remorse at smashing up my beautiful home in a night of savagry and hard drinking. So, my Sassenach friend, it troubles me that you can't forgive the misgivings of a drunken fool who has asked for, and received forgiveness for his abysmal behaviour, where is your Christian spirit? and can I have some? .:P

You forget Mr Izod that I have lived among you uncouth southerners who like to style their lives on the Charles Dickens Novel, Oliver Twist. Who idolise the genius of such a man as Fagin, who would send out those poor orphan children into the street to ply their unlawful trade on the innocent people of your fair city. This book was so much loved and honed into southern culture that generation after generation of Tory Politicians used this very book as their bible, their manifesto to keep Great Britain a dirty and downtrodden nation while they lavished in the finest wines and gourmet of the day. Your great icon Margaret Thatcher took the books theme even further by introducing a poll tax on the already overburdened peasants of her nation, along with slashing their jobs all over the industrial parts of the country to gratify her beloved Londoners.

As for your abstinence from alcohol? well my friend, alcohol is one of life's little pleasures and we can't have you dour faced Londoner's enjoying themselves now can we squire? :D....Dave Belkevitz

Good days :)

Soccahappy likes this

Just curious because I was gone from the game for a while... what was the forum change that everyone says "killed the game"? How significant of a change can we made to a forum that would stop people from coming back?

5 hours ago, gweim said:

Just curious because I was gone from the game for a while... what was the forum change that everyone says "killed the game"? How significant of a change can we made to a forum that would stop people from comingbac

5 hours ago, gweim said:

Just curious because I was gone from the game for a while... what was the forum change that everyone says "killed the game"? How significant of a change can we made to a forum that would stop people from coming back?

There are two issues here. The game has and is in steep decline and so is the forum. Both the issues are not interrelated. But the common ground and outcome is millions left because of SMs incompetence.

Soccahappy likes this

6 hours ago, gweim said:

the original forum was easy and quick to use, you could keep up with the threads of your gameworld and recent posts within seconds, it was user friendly and allowed you to look and reply to threads you were involved in very quickly. The interaction between forumers was also quick and simple, they then changed it and 90% of regular users stopped using it. This is the 3rd? attempt to change it but this is worse than the last attempt.

The forum and game are now less user friendly and people don't want to spend the all that extra time and effort on a game that has been going downhill for a couple of years and with the people running it having no respect for it's customers, many are fed up with the whole situation.

Soccahappy, Sir Rahul and georgie34 like this

12 hours ago, Longnose said:

Socca : Howdy Brother, indeed its a long time, you are well i hope?.. Ahhhh yes i remember the fellow in question, a terrible Scottish drunk who went by the name of Belkevitz, I too enjoyed our frequent exchanges. My defining moment was when i suggested he was merely a proxy Scot, whose Father ( Andrej) jumped shipped from a Polish steamer when in port on the Clyde during the height of the cold war. It took him weeks to forgive me :)

Georgie:   So it would appear my friend, once upon a time this place was fantastic. Amusing, creative, irrelevant, confrontational, informative a real community hub which complemented the game perfectly..such a shame to see its decline.

Paul: I've told you before... stop crawling x

Belkevitz has probably got lost on Route 66 or fallen off another Polish Steamer or just found a Lady to heal his achy breaky broken heart ;) . I'm very good mate & hope u are too, I miss the forum, the game & the great forumites that inspired & informed on a daily basis. I won't count u as one in case u also tell me to stop crawling ;) (Guess I did :( )

12 hours ago, Longnose said:

Good days :)

Halcyon mate, halcyon. U hanging about or just passing through?

1 hour ago, smut said:

the original forum was easy and quick to use, you could keep up with the threads of your gameworld and recent posts within seconds, it was user friendly and allowed you to look and reply to threads you were involved in very quickly. The interaction between forumers was also quick and simple, they then changed it and 90% of regular users stopped using it. This is the 3rd? attempt to change it but this is worse than the last attempt.

The forum and game are now less user friendly and people don't want to spend the all that extra time and effort on a game that has been going downhill for a couple of years and with the people running it having no respect for it's customers, many are fed up with the whole situation.

Spot on Smut (That has a ring to it :) ....... I can feel some poetry coming on :)