smut

Is this why the multi player game is finished?

This is old news but as i just found it, others might not be aware of it.

On google search i typed in soccer manager ltd.

£1m investment in Soccer Manager Ltd – Mercia Technologies

is the story to read, also look at their website.

it is from 1st April 2015, very appropriate date for sm.

so basically this investment company want to earn 4-5m from their 1M investment. They can't possibly do so from the multi player game so they must think there are enough schoolkids around the world that will pay for the single player game, although the game is very basic , a bit like what the first football manager would of been if it had come out in 1982.

sm owners have made enough money so they don't have to care about the multi player, all the changes have been for use of the single player game to be played on.

This is probably why the original 'mission statement' from many years ago is now laughable and why their customer service appalling.

Strange thing is that Mercia investments and sm seem to be living in fantasy land

There have been 8 million registrations since inception and the game has 600,000 monthly average users, 220,000 of whom play daily.   

is from the mercia site and when you go to sm registration page it says

1,328,125 Managers .

I wonder whether we will be around when it all ends in tears.

Yeah Spot-on again Smut, speaks volumes as to the decline & changes for changes sake. Thanks for this.

But actually if it was only £1m, it occurs to me, it won't go much further even if it all went into the company (wages etc,)

The user figures are "multiples" surely? 1m+ managers ie I have 4 clubs, used to have plenty more. And of course "cheaters" with different email addresses flood one of the 4 GW's I'm in. How many real SM regulers are there playing?

12 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Yeah Spot-on again Smut, speaks volumes as to the decline & changes for changes sake. Thanks for this.

But actually if it was only £1m, it occurs to me, it won't go much further even if it all went into the company (wages etc,)

The user figures are "multiples" surely? 1m+ managers ie I have 4 clubs, used to have plenty more. And of course "cheaters" with different email addresses flood one of the 4 GW's I'm in. How many real SM regulers are there playing?

look at the staff list on here to see where wages go.Yet they can't get the changes right first time, let alone on time.

i guess the number of manager's is as you say, every club managed but they would allow for those who only spent a few weeks playing and never coming back. I would be surprised if there was more than 1,000 active managers in the multi player game.

It would be nice if they could sell off the old multi player game and forum for a fiver ,to someone who knows what they are doing, so many options to make that a good game that we would pay for.

I used to own a PBM game & paid a lot more than £5 for it, way-back - so a fiver would be a snip. BUT u would have to look at it in great detail / running costs ( think BHS :( ). eg Who owns or what payments do they make for "Brand Rights" / copyright ( use of Wayne Rooney & every other player in the world, Barcelona, Manchester Utd & every other club, ground in the world etc etc).

From memory, years back, Wayne Rooney sued someone he was in business with for using his name?? I think it went to court & he won. How much do SM pay for multi-thousands of players & many hundreds of clubs??? etc etc. It's always made me think, is it because it's a free game, but some pay for Gold & GW's etc, so it's not a completely free game & they get advertising income etc???

On 8/21/2016 at 0:43 PM, Soccahappy said:

I used to own a PBM game & paid a lot more than £5 for it, way-back - so a fiver would be a snip. BUT u would have to look at it in great detail / running costs ( think BHS :( ). eg Who owns or what payments do they make for "Brand Rights" / copyright ( use of Wayne Rooney & every other player in the world, Barcelona, Manchester Utd & every other club, ground in the world etc etc).

From memory, years back, Wayne Rooney sued someone he was in business with for using his name?? I think it went to court & he won. How much do SM pay for multi-thousands of players & many hundreds of clubs??? etc etc. It's always made me think, is it because it's a free game, but some pay for Gold & GW's etc, so it's not a completely free game & they get advertising income etc???

where did you run your PBM game from, i can remember being involved with one from Southend.

Hi Smut and Soccahappy,

This is going to take time to get all the things right in the multiplayer, but I can assure you that we are very actively underway with it.

There is a lot to fix and it will take a few months at least to get it back to what it used to be.  We are looking at going back to how it was years ago, in some respects 5 years+.

Every few weeks new changes will keep going in and bit by bit we will get there.  It is a play by mail at the end of the day, we realise that and also we have made many mistakes too.

It will take a while to convince you guys of this, and I can totally understand why, but that is also one of our key goals.

We do need your help and I am listening, and we have a team dedicated to it.

16 minutes ago, SM Dev (Andy) said:

Hi Smut and Soccahappy,

This is going to take time to get all the things right in the multiplayer, but I can assure you that we are very actively underway with it.

There is a lot to fix and it will take a few months at least to get it back to what it used to be.  We are looking at going back to how it was years ago, in some respects 5 years+.

Every few weeks new changes will keep going in and bit by bit we will get there.  It is a play by mail at the end of the day, we realise that and also we have made many mistakes too.

It will take a while to convince you guys of this, and I can totally understand why, but that is also one of our key goals.

Thanks Andy,

communication like this goes a long way.

There will be a lot more of it going forward.

We have got a mandate now to get the multiplayer back to what is can be and we will need your guys help.

Its not going to be easy and it will take time, but engaging with people like yourselves is the first step.

41 minutes ago, SM Dev (Andy) said:

There will be a lot more of it going forward.

We have got a mandate now to get the multiplayer back to what is can be and we will need your guys help.

Its not going to be easy and it will take time, but engaging with people like yourselves is the first step.

Will we see yourself or another dev communicating with the forum moderators and soccerwiki admins especially the later as there has been no communication there for years

First thing to do, i know it will take time but if you ban all of the accounts of the cheat/s.

It might not make your stats look good, could be 30 different accounts and over a 200 clubs, but it would mean that you won't run the risk of losing decent people and you might get back the ones you lost in the past year.

Being able to set different parameters to make a bigger variety of set ups without having to police them yourself.

Being able to choose the number of first team and youth team players allowed.

Youth team players to be 23 or younger then they get moved up.

Being able to set a rating limit on youth team, once above  83 for example, they get moved up.

Being able to set a wage cap.

Being able to set a limit of transfers ,in and out, per season. 

Being able to set number of transfers per turn.

Being able to set a limit on a choice of clubs capacity and highest rated player for managers to apply, currently it takes a long time going through soccerwiki to find out info on clubs.

Have a true 'best manager' list, which means not including european games.

Being able to set your prize money for league places and cup finalists.

Allow owner to pay credits as prizes each season, also allow for all players to pay a joining fee so credits can be put in the pot for paying out prizes, i realise there are laws regarding gambling but can you get around this because we can't cash in our credits?

Allow more than one person to put credits into creating a gameworld.

Where i have said that we are allowed to make choices, make sure we can put the figures in ourselves  ,please don't give sm's options.

This isn't just for custom's but the player search is long overdue for a change to allow us to put our own figures in ,instead of the current parameters and when we say 4m maximum value, you only show players up to that value.

Allow these changes to be made each season.

replace 'Can only buy players with the same nationality as your club' with , allowing us to put in the countries ourselves and adding to it each season.

As well as Economy, allow us to set difficulty levels, this would apply to e.g. very easy= low wages , high transfer values, quick external offers. Very difficult = high wages, low transfer values, long time waiting for external offers, restrictions on p/e deals , ground capacity not improving as quickly.

Start over with your credits,  you need to allow us to earn credits , along the lines of , so many credits for being active for 10 minutes each day and only from the 4th consecutive day onwards, depends on how you earn your money from advertising i suppose. Also have a credit amnesty, for a month let us be able to give all our credits to whoever we want, if 3 of us want to pool our credits to buy a custom then let us.

Match engine-  I am not like some and think it is random, but i think a better explanation is needed without giving away it's complete understanding.

Tactics- allow positions to have 2 or 3 options e.g. CM- defensive or attacking priorities or full backs -to push into midfield or to join the attack as much as possible.

CONCERNS - the flaw at the moment is when a player's rating changes, it can suddenly make him one of your best players, then he gets a concern because the system currently treats him as being a top player all season but he only makes your first team now.

Another problem is in a 5 division EC, a player can't play 3 games a week but the system doesn't seem to take this into account.

If you are going back to how the game was previously, i felt the best player's values were when they changed depending on your squad and how many players were in that position. If you had a 90 GK and your reserve GK was 87 then the reserve GK keeper was worth a lot less than he would of been had he been first choice, this did help against player hogging. You have now giving too much money to clubs, squads are a lot bigger and also the financial gap between big and small clubs has got a lot bigger.

Allow the gameworld owner to throw out any manager he wants to by submitting a ticket to sm, then the manager who is to be sacked has 3 days to respond, obviously the owner needs to have a valid reason but it would stop someone ruining a club or being unpleasant to others.

Possibly a long term option but let contracts mean something, plenty of options here. if you sign a player on a 5 season contract then want to sell him after 1 season then you should pay off a % of the contract, if his contract ends then he can be bought for 50% of his value until a new contract is signed. When you negotiate a contract there is a % increase each season involved.

Loans- not got an answer but it needs changing so lower division clubs can benefit from the big clubs, perhaps anyone that doesn't make the starting 11 can go on loan, 89's and below can go to div 2 , 86 and below to div 3 etc.

Does Europe need to be in Gold, have it available to all and overhaul Gold mem. Currently it isn't really worth buying and if you make changes to the game, it will soon become clear what is worth paying extra for.

41 minutes ago, smut said:

If you are going back to how the game was previously, i felt the best player's values were when they changed depending on your squad and how many players were in that position. If you had a 90 GK and your reserve GK was 87 then the reserve GK keeper was worth a lot less than he would of been had he been first choice, this did help against player hogging. You have now giving too much money to clubs, squads are a lot bigger and also the financial gap between big and small clubs has got a lot bigger.

Quite right, that said i am beginning to think you might need to get out a bit more Paul :)

16 hours ago, drseanfitz said:

Will we see yourself or another dev communicating with the forum moderators and soccerwiki admins especially the later as there has been no communication there for years

You will see at least myself communicating on the forum going forward

8 hours ago, smut said:

First thing to do, i know it will take time but if you ban all of the accounts of the cheat/s.

It might not make your stats look good, could be 30 different accounts and over a 200 clubs, but it would mean that you won't run the risk of losing decent people and you might get back the ones you lost in the past year.

We have a couple of new ideas around how to deal with cheats, will post them on the forum shortly to see what you think. 

15 hours ago, SM Dev (Andy) said:

We have a couple of new ideas around how to deal with cheats, will post them on the forum shortly to see what you think. 

I don't know how you do things at sm but the quicker the current situation is sorted the better, if you can clear out all the current accounts and that will hopefully tell you who the long term manager/s are behind it.

Then you should be able to tell if they open new accounts and the rest of us would notice any new cheats.

Who ever is looking at the current problem needs to look at IP addresses  or whatever way you have of checking because just by going by transfers isn't going to work.

In the future , if you don't ban an account for good, could you put something like a capital C beside the culprits account name so we all know he has been suspended for cheating in the past?

Hello

Here's some of my suggestions - 

i) increase in prize money in cup and shield competitions.

ii) after all the recent changes the balance very easily goes to negative. Why not increase the ticket prices after the vast increases in salaries.

iii) less click to do basic things on phone.

iv) one simple click to get all the players back from loan and delete multiple messages (in phone app).

v) in the league player stats add goalkeepers with most clean sheets. Also in the stats.

vi) whoever replies the bugs most of the times they are very very rude

vii) when SM changes certain things why not explain it in home screen or at least post a link where there are the explanations.

viii) more control for custom GW managers.

ix) maybe do something to make the newsfeed in a GW active ( i.e. managers communicating via newsfeed.

x) increase the bids from external clubs. For say I am deportivo and had purchased busquets but now I want to sell him and Barcelona is taken. External clubs offer peanuts (just 1m or 1.2m more). Those offers are ridiculous. Make the offers more realistic.

xi) give a fixed prize money for coming 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on and plus what the chairman injects. For example 50m for winning the league, 35m for 2nd, 30m for third and so on. Plus chairman gives money according to the set target and achievement.

xii) some sort of reward for highest scorer, best player, most assists, most clean sheets.

xiii) the concern level somehow doesn't make sense. For say, if a players reaches concern level 3 and is expected to play 80% of the matches (in total). Shouldn't the no. of games he counted after he reached level 3? So after reaching level 3 if he played in 80% matches his level should decrease instead of adding it from level 1 ( am I making sense here?).

xix) the need to add search engine in shortlist. This will help managers to narrow down his requirements than go pages after pages.

i have more but can't think of them right now. Buenos noches !!

Edited by Middle_Finger
Added points

On 9/10/2016 at 5:49 PM, SM Dev (Andy) said:

Andy, what is happening about the current problem?

Reporting deals seems pointless , so is reporting multiple accounts.

many illegal transfers have gone through over the last few days and i think everyone has given up on reporting them , do we just quit these set ups or are the accounts going to be banned?

On 09/09/2016 at 11:13 AM, smut said:

where did you run your PBM game from, i can remember being involved with one from Southend.

I bought it from Spelbinder games (Down South) in I think 2005. I Ran it enjoyably & successfully for a number of years before giving the running of it back to Spelbinder but they could only do it I think for a couple of years. outdated software problems, it became too time consuming & online games were taking the market. H4C mean anything to you?

On 09/09/2016 at 10:30 PM, SM Dev (Andy) said:

Hi Smut and Soccahappy,

Thanks Andy, yes I have heard it before & am sceptical of yet another repetition.

The basic problem in short was SM=Slow Motion, SM=disappointment rather than excitement & anticipation which it had in the early days. Long term experienced managers were penalised for being successful to accomodate a multitude of less skilled new kids who also somehow had to be easy "winners". Just a few examples below of "changing the goalposts" :-

1) Concerns were brought in. Complicated rules instead of just a simple say "100 player squad limit" that would have solved the problem yet left some room for scouting.

2) Rating Reviews took forever to come round (Not enough staff??) If scouted say a Hungarian who was playing every game & eventually playing for his country - You probably lost a fortune on him as a double whammy of wages were increased & 2 to 3 years later he was still not reviewed @ 104 wages per year I might add. This also happened in the lower English, European & also top South American Leagues apart from Brazil & Argentina. A little improvement has been made but if you want excitement "watch paint dry" waiting for anyone who was not a budding superstar. So if you loved to Scout better than the other guy - No Profit in it anymore. Buy the Guy on Tv every week instead.

3) Contracts Well the Chairman imposes contracts now so managers who carefully put 5-year contracts on his "talent" & his ever increasing wages don't allow you to wait for that delayed Rating Review. Also SM don't wait anymore for their own rating reviews A young say 18yo Man C & U/ Chelsea prospect gets his Value increased from say 300k to 2.4million almost  as soon as he plays for the first team. I've bought such a player at the lower figure as soon as he plays & low & behold the 300k deal is cancelled, he's now 2.4m & any scouts profit has gone for next 100 to 200 wage packets.

4) Goalkeepers So you've finally afforded & got Courtois & unfathomably in 5 games out 10 he can't save a single-shot on target! 5shots on target concedes 5 goals, next game 3 out of 3 etc etc. Whereas in the self same games the opposition low-rated no-body GK gets match-rated10 out of 10 & u lose & also it happens again & again... (Now is that exciting or disappointing?)

Many other thing have been implemented over the years to even up the inexperienced managers (who most don't stay anyway - while many, many long term faithful managers have now finally packed in!) Transfer offers & Loan Offers like Reviews are SM=Slow Motion. Dumbing down the game doesn't work. Making constant changes (most just for the sake of it) doesn't work. There are many other things that I can't bring to mind at the moment BUT if SM follows this byword they won't go wrong. Before making any changes think.... Is this exciting or is it just penalising the customer? Ie choose Excitement over Disappoinments everytime & you won't go wrong.

We want the "anticipation" as we log in & NOT "Here we again - nothing happened - groan!"

On 9/10/2016 at 5:48 PM, SM Dev (Andy) said:

You will see at least myself communicating on the forum going forward

On 9/10/2016 at 5:49 PM, SM Dev (Andy) said:

On 9/13/2016 at 1:05 PM, smut said:

Andy, what is happening about the current problem?

Reporting deals seems pointless , so is reporting multiple accounts.

many illegal transfers have gone through over the last few days and i think everyone has given up on reporting them , do we just quit these set ups or are the accounts going to be banned?

This is the ongoing problem , you say the right things then we hear nothing.

The cheat, which is being done on a major scale has really taken the P!$$ out of sm over the past 8-9 days, the amount of transfers between these accounts shows that you don't care.

Whilst the worst part of it is that someone seems to have some kind of mental illness, to spend so much of their life doing what they are doing is very sad to see, sm should still be doing the right thing and getting to the bottom of it, instead of ignoring us.

Have to agree with you & applaud your efforts. I too have been labouring for many weeks now in a particular GW constantly reporting Multiple accounts & illegal transfers. There are many, many clubs I am certain are run by cheats & others that are very possible but are not as active as the others (sleepers). SM have partially tried to deal with these cheats by removing managers who then immediately take over another club & do the same. It's Blatant & obvious they are there for only 2 things support PSG allowing each club they manage to sell to PSG at the MINIMUM POSSIBLE PRICE but also then buy unwanted players from PSG at the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE PRICE. They constantly move from club to club doing this.

As I say SM have partially dealt with it, but only partially. Believe it or not 2 (1!) of the cheaters are called Kejdi Koci & Kejdi Koci - No you haven't misread, they are almost the same name. One of them has a slight line above the "c" the other has not. I can't reproduce this on my keyboard. It's been pointed out to SM many times (with every illegal transfer - many!). The action SM have taken after reading my many reports - they have removed the Manager. OK you say? NO they have left Kejdi Koci in charge of PSG with Ronaldo, Bale ..... etc etc etc etc & as much cash as he wants to buy the rest of the GW.

Believe me this post could be 150 times bigger if I tried to detail it all. The only success I can report is PSG ended 2nd in the Top League & I finished Top! which is some satisfaction but still leaves the Kejdi Koci cheat PSG now winning 3 out of 3 games in the new season just begun. Don't know wether I can be bothered with all the reports coming up .... & may jack in :(

I had thought SM would wait for start of new season & then expel Kejdi koci & reverse the transfers meaning he had cheated most of last season for no return on his efforts but no 3games in & kejdi Koci will be pleased with himself & his host of ghost cheaters (probably about 12 clubs). Is it possible SM now rely on cheaters to boost clicks & numbers on the website???

1 hour ago, Soccahappy said:

Have to agree with you & applaud your efforts. I too have been labouring for many weeks now in a particular GW constantly reporting Multiple accounts & illegal transfers. There are many, many clubs I am certain are run by cheats & others that are very possible but are not as active as the others (sleepers). SM have partially tried to deal with these cheats by removing managers who then immediately take over another club & do the same. It's Blatant & obvious they are there for only 2 things support PSG allowing each club they manage to sell to PSG at the MINIMUM POSSIBLE PRICE but also then buy unwanted players from PSG at the MAXIMUM POSSIBLE PRICE. They constantly move from club to club doing this.

As I say SM have partially dealt with it, but only partially. Believe it or not 2 (1!) of the cheaters are called Kejdi Koci & Kejdi Koci - No you haven't misread, they are almost the same name. One of them has a slight line above the "c" the other has not. I can't reproduce this on my keyboard. It's been pointed out to SM many times (with every illegal transfer - many!). The action SM have taken after reading my many reports - they have removed the Manager. OK you say? NO they have left Kejdi Koci in charge of PSG with Ronaldo, Bale ..... etc etc etc etc & as much cash as he wants to buy the rest of the GW.

Believe me this post could be 150 times bigger if I tried to detail it all. The only success I can report is PSG ended 2nd in the Top League & I finished Top! which is some satisfaction but still leaves the Kejdi Koci cheat PSG now winning 3 out of 3 games in the new season just begun. Don't know wether I can be bothered with all the reports coming up .... & may jack in :(

I had thought SM would wait for start of new season & then expel Kejdi koci & reverse the transfers meaning he had cheated most of last season for no return on his efforts but no 3games in & kejdi Koci will be pleased with himself & his host of ghost cheaters (probably about 12 clubs). Is it possible SM now rely on cheaters to boost clicks & numbers on the website???

It does seem as though those that cheat aren't very bright and sm's system that seems to have very little human interaction in dealing with them , is very poor.

Which gameworld is it? if it isn't full, i wouldn't mind taking a look at that account to see if it has any connections with the other cheating problem.

But if you go and play the single player game for 10 minutes you will see just how bad the whole game is at the moment.