12 posts in this topic

hello there,
I've been playing this game since 2008, so I feel I got a right to moan about a few things that bug me about the game engine, especially regarding match reports.

1. Goalkeeper grades
These often make no sense. There are GK's who get a grade of 8, 9 or even a 10 when having lost a game, even swallowing several goals. Whereas GK's who have kept a clean sheet (thus making a few saves) would get a measily 5 or 6. This especially happens in games against unmanaged teams, where the GK of the unmanaged team will almost always outscore your GK by a big grade difference, even if your team has been the unmanaged team by say, 3-0.
Because of that, I feel that the grading of GK's works by weird criteria.  Ofcourse I can understand that in some games a less good team might lose 3-0 or more against a better team, but their GK having made a lot of saves to prevent worse. Yes, in such cases a grade of 7 or 8 could be realistic, but never more. Also GK's who keep a clean sheet do not always get rewarded for that. Them having kept a clean sheet could either mean they made some saves, or they had an uneventful match, their defence clearing all danger. Still, a clean sheet should always give a grade of 7. From there you could add further grades to the amount of saves they made > an 8 for 3-5 saves, a 9 for 5-8 saves, and a 10 for +8 saves. Any GK who swallows a goal, can never get a 10, ofcourse.

2. Man of the Match
another thing that has bugged me for a while, players who get the man of the match are not always that. In my book, a player who score 2 goals or scores 1 goal and assists another, with no other player equalling that tally, should always become man of the match surely. An example of yesterday > I had a match, was quite uneventful and 0-0 until the 60h minute. I subbed in 3 players and changed tactic. One of those subs (young striker Kevin Volland) scores 2 goals in his 30mins on the pitch and his brace makes me win the game 0-2. But yet, he did not become man of the match and it went to Fellaini (1 assist) instead. That's weird, isn't it? In real life, it often enough happens that a player who gets subbed on becomes a man of the match, because he was decisive in a win. I guess that on SM this does not happen because the engine favours players who are full 90 minutes on the pitch, but I find that logic flawed. Man of the match should count for those players who have contributed most with goals or assists or even a GK who kept a clean sheet and made decisive saves (like a penalty save etc). Also I have noticed that when a player -who scored a few goals or gave many assists-, gets a yellow card, he can more often than not forget his man of the match award. This is a big flaw too.

I'm sure that many who will read this will feel the same. I am curious about your experiences, perhaps I might have overlooked something? For now I can hope that SM can fix this, as it should be an easy thing to adjust and make this game more realistic.

Seb

MacGoreth and lunastorta like this

What bugs me is the fact that SM are clearly trying to get people to give them money by rigging all the SMFA competitions (which are only open to gold members). I've rarely won a single game in 3 years. I was pretty shocked the other day that a very highly rated Man Utd team I managed got stuffed by Shalke who are way below us in overall ratings. But then I realised that team team the computer had picked for us was s**t. Schweinsteiger at centre back? Bit of a stitch up IMHO. But SM are all about the cash rather than the gameplay (or much in the way of customer service) it seems.

S04, lunastorta and MacGoreth like this

yeah I feel you. Those SFMA matches, if you're not a gold member, you will hardly win one or advance to the next round simply because your assistent manager will use a tactic that your squad is not used playing in.. and in this game, tinkering too much with your team is never good for results. I am a Gold member, which gives you more control but you can still get stuffed in some games...sometimes the engine or lady luck is against you.  But SM should at least make things more realistic as far as the game engine goes.

Kev likes this

all we can do is HOPE. but also make reports like this, so at least improvements can be made (which really should not be hard, unless you run this biz as an amateur...)

The goalkeeper rating is a complete joke. IT IS FREAKING NONSENSE. I once beat a team by 5-0 and his goalkeeper was man of the match with a rating of 10. Every single match my opponent goalkeepers get a better rating, while mine who kept a clean sheet get a ridiculous low rating

Hell, I even had a player been redcarded and yet took a rating of 10. 

After the new update, match report became a joke.

yup, I exactly have the same experience in so many matches with GK's, hell, even 1 in every 3 matches! I wrote my post in the most decent way possible, but there's no denying that I've been grinding my teeth over this,

get booked, yet still manages to get a rating of 9 and get man of the match while Messidoro who scored a goal and made an assist doesn't.

goalkeeper keeps a clean sheet, while the other one who conceded 3 goals get a rating of 9. 

and one wonders if these results arent pure lottery sometimes.

lolol.png

Another stunning team selection by the SM computer in our defeat to Porto. Chiellini at right back, Schneiderlin on the right wing and Zlatan as a left winger. Is the "assistant manager" LvG in disguise?

georgie34 likes this

On 25/10/2016 at 0:44 PM, Kev said:

Another stunning team selection by the SM computer in our defeat to Porto. Chiellini at right back, Schneiderlin on the right wing and Zlatan as a left winger. Is the "assistant manager" LvG in disguise?

Quality:lol: