jamtart98@yahoo.es

Bias against Lower League Teams

9 posts in this topic

I am not a newcomer to SM having managed several teams over the past few years and resigned as manager several  times too.

I started up again a few weeks ago with a team in the Fifth Division. Chairmans Message....Avoid relegation. All pre-season friendlies bar one against Division One teams. Pre.season training? Brilliant. Really built confidence that...lost them all.

Got rid of players and brought in many new players. Won first five games ..top of the league.

Picked my team yesterday to play away against the second top team in Division Two. 4-4-2...Keep it tight and try and snatch a goal and maybe a shock win.

Checked my team again one hour ago and noticed a loan player had been recalled to his club after two games starring for my team.Ok have to replace him. Open tactics......Horrified to see FIVE of my top players NMF.Not one of them above 60% fit. 3 other top players only 70 per cent fit and three other squad players 75% fit.

How can SM come up with this?????  What chance have you got when they are giving you no chance? Had it been a League match I might have grinned and groaned but in a cup tie against a bigger team you want to make an impression.

I,m angry and contemplating resigning against because to me this is similar to cheating.

Rant over...awaitng notification of the thrashing.

Jamtart98 alias George James.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jamtart98@yahoo.es said:

I am not a newcomer to SM having managed several teams over the past few years and resigned as manager several  times too.

I started up again a few weeks ago with a team in the Fifth Division. Chairmans Message....Avoid relegation. All pre-season friendlies bar one against Division One teams. Pre.season training? Brilliant. Really built confidence that...lost them all.

Got rid of players and brought in many new players. Won first five games ..top of the league.

Picked my team yesterday to play away against the second top team in Division Two. 4-4-2...Keep it tight and try and snatch a goal and maybe a shock win.

Checked my team again one hour ago and noticed a loan player had been recalled to his club after two games starring for my team.Ok have to replace him. Open tactics......Horrified to see FIVE of my top players NMF.Not one of them above 60% fit. 3 other top players only 70 per cent fit and three other squad players 75% fit.

How can SM come up with this?????  What chance have you got when they are giving you no chance? Had it been a League match I might have grinned and groaned but in a cup tie against a bigger team you want to make an impression.

I,m angry and contemplating resigning against because to me this is similar to cheating.

Rant over...awaitng notification of the thrashing.

Jamtart98 alias George James.

Friendlies are meaningless and have no affect on the game.

NMF is because you have just had a league game, always been this way, you build a team for the league and a reserve one for  the cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry can,t accept that.

5 top players NMF after a league game? Yes of course it was after a league game. But 5 players after a league game before a cup tie against a higher league team? And other players less than fit enough to play i.e. 70-75%  fit?

Reserve team for cup ties? In other words just lie down to a team from a higher league? Your team is in Division 5 and you are playing an away cup tie to 2nd in Division 2 so you put out a reserve team? Come on get real.  Division 1 teams with big squads do that. How can a 5th Division team afford to have a reserve team?

Sorry. Just look don the results and see how many "shocks" there are. Very very few.

I,ve come up against this too many times for it to be "coincidence". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many games into the season are you? The first few games in all competitions players generally stay fit, but after half a dozen or so they drop like you've said. I'm currently managing teams in Division 1 and Division 5 and it's the same for both really. It's easier to get by using a reserve side with a big club though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamtart98@yahoo.es said:

Sorry can,t accept that.

5 top players NMF after a league game? Yes of course it was after a league game. But 5 players after a league game before a cup tie against a higher league team? And other players less than fit enough to play i.e. 70-75%  fit?

Reserve team for cup ties? In other words just lie down to a team from a higher league? Your team is in Division 5 and you are playing an away cup tie to 2nd in Division 2 so you put out a reserve team? Come on get real.  Division 1 teams with big squads do that. How can a 5th Division team afford to have a reserve team?

Sorry. Just look don the results and see how many "shocks" there are. Very very few.

I,ve come up against this too many times for it to be "coincidence". 

you don't have to accept it but that it how it has always been.

you can't have a fit team for Wed, Sat and Mon. that is the way the game is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smut no disputing you can,t have a fit team--Thurs and Sunday in my case with a cup tie on a Tuesday-- but have you ever lost your full first team after one game? Two,three even four injuries or NMF,s I could accept but a full team no.

And as Kev says above it is easier getting by with a reserve side in a higher division. (and yes my team have played six league games).

Thanks for yours and Kevs thoughts and advice and I will persevere for the time being.

Kev likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You said that you in the 5th decision, and have already played 6    matches so far. That is is 6 games in 10 days, since teams from English 2nd to 5th division play 3 league matches per week in the beginning of the season.

If you played the same players in all of those 6 matches, than their poor match fitness is more than justified.  

I would actually be sending an in-game bug if none of your players were match fatigued or injured.

If you had rested your players you wouldn't be in this situation. 

What you are facing is not an error, but poor management from your side. The reason why every team must have 21 players, is so you can rest your starting 11 so they not be match fatigued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok Thanks for your advice on this. It does make sense.   For a Fifth Division team whose chairman gave the instruction to avoid relegation and who are now top of the league with only one defeat in now 7 games and having only conceded 4 goals it is tempting to play the same team each week to sustain the momentum.

However you are correct and players must be rested too. I will have to start rotating the squad with maybe two or three changes a game depending the opposition.

Thanks again.

MacGoreth likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2016 at 7:09 PM, jamtart98@yahoo.es said:

Ok Thanks for your advice on this. It does make sense.   For a Fifth Division team whose chairman gave the instruction to avoid relegation and who are now top of the league with only one defeat in now 7 games and having only conceded 4 goals it is tempting to play the same team each week to sustain the momentum.

However you are correct and players must be rested too. I will have to start rotating the squad with maybe two or three changes a game depending the opposition.

Thanks again.

cheers, mate. I always rotate players at the beginning of the season, or when I play cup matches and my players aee never NMF.

Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now