Sign in to follow this  
danipace94

Can't access saved game

Hi guys, sorry for my bad English but i'm from Italy.
I can't access my saved game, it's been more than 24 hours now, i sent two messages at the support but they haven't answered yet.
Is it a frequent problem? There's nothing i can do about it? It will be a shame because i really enjoy my saved game with Sassuolo (i've already won Serie A and Europa League in my first season).

Please help me if you know how this can be solved.

Games not saving properly has been a problem for some time. As for not being able to access saved games, I don't think that's ever happened to me but I've heard other people say they've have had that problem. If you've reported it as a bug them SM should be able to fix it, but it can take a day or two for them to get back to you so I'd wait for now and hopefully you'll hear something later today. And your English is better than a lot of English people's!

I've already reported twice to the support about this bug, i hope they will fix it in quick time. Thank you for the answer, i also had a problem with saving the game the day before, but now i can't load my saved game completely.

There have been save game problems for a long time - especially when you're several seasons in to a game. Hopefully they get back to you soon. I'm pretty sure they should be able to fix the game not loading. I just wish they'd fix the problems with saving the game in general!

Still not working, in the last two days they sent me an e-mail to play twith soccermanager, like I'm not playing and I'm without team... I don't really understand, how can I regain my saved game?? I reported the bug to them both in Italian and English.

It's strange that they haven't even replied. I know the customer service is bad but I've usually heard something back when I've reported bugs. The only thing I can suggest is reporting it again and hoping they bother to listen to you this time!

They finally answered and told me that they're working on this problem. In the meantime they suggest me to clear my cache or use different browser and try to load my saved game. I tried but it doesn't work, so I've got to send them a new message where I tell them that still doesn't work. Anyway they told me that it's a frequent problem and I'm not the only one unable to load my game. I hope they fix this because it's clear that not depend on me.

Yeah I've had the exact same message from them 3 times in the last few weeks. They're taking their time to fix it - and surely it should be mentioned as a "known bug" rather than kept secret from people who are playing for the first time? Seems odd that they couldn't log into your game themselves and fix it. They should be able to do that I'd have thought. It's annoying when you spend time building up a team like you've done. Hopefully you didn't spend money on it! Ask for a refund if you have!

I've never known a website to be so bad with customer service. Reporting bugs seems a total waste of time because nothing gets done. It's like banging your head against a brick wall. Sorry you're having such trouble.

Here's bug ticket I submitted almost 2 years ago - that's how long they've known about the problems, but still it continues with no word of warning to players...

You said You said

24 Dec 2014 09:36:47

Soccer Manager 2015 v0-65
Area of operation affected: Load Save Game
User Agent:
Firefox 34.0 -- Running on: Windows NT
[ Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:34.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/34.0 ]

I got a message say there was an error loading my game - please report this as a bug - so I've sent this in. I can't seem to load my saved game at all at the moment.

Soccer Manager said Soccer Manager said

24 Dec 2014 09:50:28

Hi Kev,

We are aware of a small number of people having problems regarding saving and loading and our development team are looking into the issue as the highest priority.
Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regards
Soccer Manager

6 minutes ago, danipace94 said:

Had they fixed or not at that time?

It's been hit and miss. Sometimes it works OK but there are still problems with getting it to save. It certainly hasn't been fixed properly or people wouldn't still be having the same problem. I haven't reported the problem every time because nothing seems to get done - but since I started playing again in July I've reported problems with the save feature 4 times. I just get a reply saying they know there's a problem and then the ticket is closed. If they know there's a problem why don't they make sure people know?

Finally they fixed!
They told me this:

Hi Daniele,
We have had to roll your save game back to an earlier version hoping we could recover the data before it become corrupt. Your game now loads.if you continue to experience problems please send in another bug ticket. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards
Soccer Manager

I found the game saved a few days earlier than where I had left it on Tuesday, but this was the least of my problem. I hope now I can enjoy my saved game.

Please help me a day or two before I started career with Atletico Madrid, when I started the second season we are constantly writing to the preservation of local save,and when I get back in the game all comes back to the same, and I can play 10 games or will get me back to where it was last saved,and constantly when I play a match writes that the data are stored locally, please if you have a solution?

4 minutes ago, Vukota said:

Please help me a day or two before I started career with Atletico Madrid, when I started the second season we are constantly writing to the preservation of local save,and when I get back in the game all comes back to the same, and I can play 10 games or will get me back to where it was last saved,and constantly when I play a match writes that the data are stored locally, please if you have a solution?

The only thing I can suggest is saving it manually before you log out. Try it a few times. You can check if it's worked by opening the game in a different browser and checking the most recent saved date (therefore not having to close the game in the window you have it open in and risk losing it) - it sometimes saves even if it says it doesn't, but it can take sever attempts. There have been problems for ages unfortunately. Hope that makes sense...

4 minutes ago, Vukota said:

I'm playing via Steam, and can not open a game, I can not log in via the Internet Browser

Not sure then - I play using a laptop with Windows. Still, try manually saving it a few times before you close the game each time.