Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

40 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Lol classic Tharni. It's like if some says Kepa you will make a case for LaFont and vice versa. Kepa is 89 and Lafont is 87, unless you think  Lafont will get 90-91 this review go with Kepa! 

As for age one is 21 and the other is 23, no difference there at all(as in both are long term).

You're almost right @Middle_Finger a.k.a TU, except the age. One is 19 an d other is 23.:P

46 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

If you are talking about the entire division, then lots of others were "shafted" as you put it.

Examples? Not many I can think of (apart from the top teams and Stevens)

8 minutes ago, Elephant said:

Examples? Not many I can think of (apart from the top teams and Stevens)

Check my predictions and look back at the rises they gave to the other 4 second tiers.

13 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

Check my predictions and look back at the rises they gave to the other 4 second tiers.

Sofiane Alakouch - 80 (Interest from Arsenal, potential international with Morocco)

Umut Bozok - 80 (Interest from Lyon, Marseille, Galatasaray)

Kingsley Schindler - 80 -> 83 (Interest from Bremen? The goal against Wolfsburg in the Relegation Play-off could have sealed his 83 today)

That's all I know of lower-league players outside England. The English Championship seems disappointing for folks expecting many 78 --> 82 rises, but I'll see how Alakouch and Bozok do. 

1 hour ago, vitor_mfc said:

Again, i don't why people are being that harsh on Depay, he was only on a crappy team, looking at that half of the Man Utd team should drop, even after getting 2nd place, awful football. He bounced back right after getting out of there.

I said i'm not comparing players, i'm stating that + 3 from 87 to 90 or even from 88  to 91 are not impossible and have been done. And don't forget about Belloti. Anyway, i'm just saying that there is precedent.

yes, fair, but Depay didn't help himself.

Lopes just doesn't seem like the type to get that big a rise, SM usually add a point or two when they're hype. 

Belotti was deffo one they got carried away with, +4 to 91 in a season was downright ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Elephant said:

83 for Ryan Sessegnon is puzzling for a player pursued by many top sides, including Real Madrid. Only others shafted were Enda Stevens and Tim Ream. 

half the league was shafted by over the top drops

53 minutes ago, Tharanidharan said:

Players I should keep and I should sell. Potential risers in future. Suggestions pls. I've made some list but it's always best to ask the experts.

Screenshot_20180520_143349.jpg

Gomez, Odegaard, Kluivert, Dolberg

1 hour ago, Elephant said:

Sofiane Alakouch - 80 (Interest from Arsenal, potential international with Morocco)

Umut Bozok - 80 (Interest from Lyon, Marseille, Galatasaray)

Kingsley Schindler - 80 -> 83 (Interest from Bremen? The goal against Wolfsburg in the Relegation Play-off could have sealed his 83 today)

That's all I know of lower-league players outside England. The English Championship seems disappointing for folks expecting many 78 --> 82 rises, but I'll see how Alakouch and Bozok do. 

I was referring to the review of all of the players back in the autumn. Not just a select few. 

My opinion is that the Championship is the strongest second tier in the world by some distance. SM clearly disagree. Nothing more than that.

24 minutes ago, Middle_Finger said:

Did you do predictions for other second tier divs? I couldn't find it.

I was referring to the rises given last year.

No point in doing the predictions yet as they won't be updated until next season. Of the promoted sides though, Giovanni de Lorenzo certainly deserves a plus 4 or 5. Bennacer should get a solid rise too.

Will Buffon survive this round of changes after announcing his departure? I feel that that is dependent on his next club but I have a sneaky feeling that SM will drop him anyway. Will he drop? Why and why not?

4 hours ago, Tharanidharan said:

Players I should keep and I should sell. Potential risers in future. Suggestions pls. I've made some list but it's always best to ask the experts.

Screenshot_20180520_143349.jpg

Ofcourse you should keep Dolberg, Kluivert and Gomez. Maybe Odegaard, I don't know where is he now :P

I don't know the rest.

6 hours ago, Elephant said:

83 for Ryan Sessegnon is puzzling for a player pursued by many top sides, including Real Madrid. Only others shafted were Enda Stevens and Tim Ream. 

When we scout young players who are attracting big clubs, we do it because they will one day play for giants and rise to be the best players in the game.  Let’s take a look at different examples.

Leon Bailey is attracting Bayern and just about all the big English clubs.  Why will he rise?  Because of this interest?  No.  Because he plays in a top division and is a top performer.

arthur for gremio rose from 75 to 87 this past December.  Is it because he was connected to Barcelona?  No. He had just won the Libertadores and was MOTM in the final.  Not to mention he was called up to for Brasil in 2017.

Sessegnon, while voted POTY, is an uncapped player in a second division which is being given way too much weight in this forum. Championship teams cannot qualify for Europe.  Rarely do Championship players play for their national team.  Ruben Neves does, and he has probably maxed out at 86. 

I don’t think soccerwiki takes “interest “ into account at all nor should they.

45 minutes ago, ProfeQuintero said:

When we scout young players who are attracting big clubs, we do it because they will one day play for giants and rise to be the best players in the game.  Let’s take a look at different examples.

Leon Bailey is attracting Bayern and just about all the big English clubs.  Why will he rise?  Because of this interest?  No.  Because he plays in a top division and is a top performer.

arthur for gremio rose from 75 to 87 this past December.  Is it because he was connected to Barcelona?  No. He had just won the Libertadores and was MOTM in the final.  Not to mention he was called up to for Brasil in 2017.

Sessegnon, while voted POTY, is an uncapped player in a second division which is being given way too much weight in this forum. Championship teams cannot qualify for Europe.  Rarely do Championship players play for their national team.  Ruben Neves does, and he has probably maxed out at 86. 

I don’t think soccerwiki takes “interest “ into account at all nor should they.

Would have been happy with 84, but hopefully they're waiting for the playoff finals on the 26th.

1 hour ago, Hosein ElTimimi said:

Will Celtic players be reviewed? Scott Sinclair for example had a great season, can he reach 88?

Scotland should be reviewed over the summer. 

As the other teams in that league are considered to be roughly League One standard, I wouldn't expect Sinclair to rise to 88 but stranger things have happened.

16 hours ago, vitor_mfc said:

Tell me a 90 rated player that has his stats and it's not going to rise? There is even some that defend Dembele rise to 91 for half dozen games with goals and assists this season. IMO, ratings is about current ability, performance and prestige, and with prestige i mean achievements or trophies, if he doesn't hold it's rating on the pitch next season, gets back down.

And to his defense, he was in crappy united, barely no one performs on that crappy team/club, he got back on his feet when he went to Lyon.

Depay has had a good run of form. But he wasn’t even first choice earlier in the season when Aouar took his position. Fekir is still a level above Depay

Raul, can I ask, do you update your predictions on the front page as the season progresses?

I am just wondering about ODRIOZOLA and A. MARTIN...do you still think they will 88 or is there any chance of 89?

Cheers.