Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

3 hours ago, BrutBrutBrut said:

I think he was pointing the the fact that STERLING and SANE are argued as deserving +1 to 92 (and will likely get it).

If you are saying that B. SILVA also deserves a +1 to 92, you are kind of saying that all three have performed equally well this season and have earned the rise in equal measure. But this is clearly not the case:

STERLING: 23 goals, 12 assists

SANE: 14 goals, 17 assists

B. SILVA: 9 goals, 6 assists

Don't get me wrong, I think B. SILVA has had an excellent season with the minutes he has been given, but when you look at SANE and STERLING's stats, it is obvious that B. SILVA has not earn't the rise in equal measure (in my opinion).

It doesn't really work like that though does it.

For example, if SM felt one player were worth 91.6 and another player were worth 92.4, then they would both be given 92. That doesn't mean that they have both performed equally well though. That's why predicting rises is not an exact science.

I think we could all give examples of players who have the same ratings, but who are clearly of different abilities.

26 minutes ago, Monolithic said:

For example, if SM felt one player were worth 91.6 and another player were worth 92.4, then they would both be given 92. That doesn't mean that they have both performed equally well though. That's why predicting rises is not an exact science.

I think we could all give examples of players who have the same ratings, but who are clearly of different abilities.

Well explained cobber

11 minutes ago, SpanishConq said:

How do people feel of Caligiuri (Schalke).

Great season with good stats, I know he's old. Monolithic and Rahul didn't mention a rise, just sounding out last minute opinions from anyone?

I actually think he deserves a rise, and he's only 30 so it's a possibility. Don't know what the squad cap at Schalke is, but it must be over 89. I think there's an outside chance of 90.

3 minutes ago, Kev said:

I actually think he deserves a rise, and he's only 30 so it's a possibility. Don't know what the squad cap at Schalke is, but it must be over 89. I think there's an outside chance of 90.

I feel the same. Howedes when he was there rose above 90+(won a world cup), and Kolasinac aswell a 90. 

I think he has a shot aswell

4 hours ago, Yuasa said:

What is his potential? I know if he stays in leicester he won't raise to 90 or more.. but i think his potential is 91+.  he is young

He is a vital cog in Nigerian national team. And few months back he was rumoured to be a LFC target. 

I got an offer to trade Asensio (on my team) for David De Gea. What do you guys think about this trade? Both have pretty bright futures. I have a few other players (Mbappe, Inaki Williams, Rabiot) to fill in for Asensio.

Best keeper on my team is Sergio Rico.

Just the one Bundesliga club reviewed today? What a joke.

Also, has Ryan Sessegnon actually ever played on the right wing to get the position change or was that an attempt to get him another rating increase despite him having one last month? 

3 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

I got an offer to trade Asensio (on my team) for David De Gea. What do you guys think about this trade? Both have pretty bright futures. I have a few other players (Mbappe, Inaki Williams, Rabiot) to fill in for Asensio.

Rico seems to have lost his place in the Sevilla team for the last couple of months but that could change again next season. I'd probably take the trade personally and see if you can get another talent in for Rico.

8 hours ago, SpanishConq said:

How do people feel of Caligiuri (Schalke).

Great season with good stats, I know he's old. Monolithic and Rahul didn't mention a rise, just sounding out last minute opinions from anyone?

A rise wouldn't be undeserved, but we all know how much SM hate those rated 30+... :)

15 hours ago, Kev said:

Yeah and I agree. I said he had a 50% chance. Sane and Sterling 100%.

Yes, that's the point, you give 50% chance for Silva to rise to 92, a rotation player(a very good one) same rate as teammates that are absolute starters and were instrumental in city's season. But give 20% chance of Depay to rise, a starter, Lyon top scorer and has more assists than anyone else in the team.

12 hours ago, Monolithic said:

But it's not the case here, one could even argue that Gabriel Jesus has 50% chance of a rise, because if not for his mid season injury he would be as instrumental as Sterling or Sané, but Silva, not really.

6 hours ago, PraetorianGuard said:

De Gea easily 

20 minutes ago, JAMancini said:

Zinchenko or Loftus-Cheek?

Cheeky

3 minutes ago, ce4sc said:

fiorentina eighth place in series a

wolfsburg two years save at playoff

Saponara only 1300 minutes in 2 seasons!

What about Jantschke(Monch.)?  Monch was #6 on table after 17 games.

3 hours ago, vitor_mfc said:

Yes, that's the point, you give 50% chance for Silva to rise to 92, a rotation player(a very good one) same rate as teammates that are absolute starters and were instrumental in city's season. But give 20% chance of Depay to rise, a starter, Lyon top scorer and has more assists than anyone else in the team.

But it's not the case here, one could even argue that Gabriel Jesus has 50% chance of a rise, because if not for his mid season injury he would be as instrumental as Sterling or Sané, but Silva, not really.

You also have to take into account what clubs players are at. Depay has moved to a smaller club and has on;y rediscovered his form from a few seasons ago. Silva has moved to a bigger club and just won the PL with a record points tally. Trophies have a big effect on ratings. Silva will be at the world cup, Depay won't be.