Jump to content
Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, TMCosta said:

Hehehe TY always a pleasure ;)

But i will continue lol cause i know both very well (as u know im portuguese) Grimaldo is much more injury prone (Raphael has more games in Dortmund that Grimaldo in his entire career) and i dont understand his hype (Barça sold him for 2 M?? doesnt tell u nothing?)

So a 90 European Champion, Bor. Dortmund player, that can play in a 10, 8, 6, 7, 11 and LB spot, with 24 yo...

Or a hyped 88 non internacional LB

Let's face it, Guerreiro is only an international because of the lack of strength at LB. You obviously aware of that if you're Portugese. Who is he really competing with? Coentrao?

Grimaldo is competing against Alba, Alonso, Gaya, Bernat and Monreal as well as Roberto and Azpilicueta also being able to play in the same position. He's been on the radar of United, Liverpool and is apparently close to a move to Napoli (after playing over 30 games this season)

Also talking about injuries/game time, Guerreiro really hasn't played any more than Grimaldo over the course of his carreer (202 vs 190 games and he's 2 years younger) so I think him being more injury prone is a bit of a myth as they've both had their fair share.

Think you're off on this one mate but I guess only time will tell haha

Edited by nofoff
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TMCosta said:

Barça sold him for 2 M?? doesnt tell u nothing?

To be fair, Barça isn't exactly known for their big eye for talent, they let Pique 5M, Fabregas 3M, Bellerin 500m go and even Thiago for 25M was a bargain. And those are just the ones that i remember. Doesn't that tell you anything too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

To be fair, Barça isn't exactly known for their big eye for talent, they let Pique 5M, Fabregas 3M, Bellerin 500m go and even Thiago for 25M was a bargain. And those are just the ones that i remember. Doesn't that tell you anything too?

Bellerin for 500m is a good sell lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nofoff said:

Let's face it, Guerreiro is only an international because of the lack of strength at LB. You obviously aware of that if you're Portugese. Who is he really competing with? Coentrao?

Grimaldo is competing against Alba, Alonso, Gaya, Bernat and Monreal as well as Roberto and Azpilicueta also being able to play in the same position. He's been on the radar of United, Liverpool and is apparently close to a move to Napoli (after playing over 30 games this season)

Also talking about injuries/game time, Guerreiro really hasn't played any more than Grimaldo over the course of his carreer (202 vs 190 games and he's 2 years younger) so I think him being more injury prone is a bit of a myth as they've both had their fair share.

Think you're off on this one mate but I guess only time will tell haha

Guerreiro is international because he deserved to be, he was in very good form 3/2 years ago, he was really good in the Euro 2016 and even was in the Team of the Tournament. It's funny how people forget, or worse, they don't even know what they are talking about. 

Sure Guerreiro doesn't have much competition, but that is also to his merit. Grimaldo could've been first choice or at least second if only he was good enough, but he just isn't, for now at least. Odriozola for example, is there, and doesn't play for a big club either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

Guerreiro is international because he deserved to be, he was in very good form 3/2 years ago, he was really good in the Euro 2016 and even was in the Team of the Tournament. It's funny how people forget, or worse, they don't even know what they are talking about. 

Sure Guerreiro doesn't have much competition, but that is also to his merit. Grimaldo could've been first choice if only he was good enough, but he just isn't, for now at least.

Yes he deserves to be but you can't really argue the fact that there isn't much competition in his position. He would be nowhere the Spain team as they are much stronger at LB like I previously said.

I watched the euros in 2016 (even though I don't know what I'm talking about) and I've had a bt sports subscription for the last few years in order to watch Bundesliga. I have to be honest, there's a possibility that I might have missed a game or two over the last 900 or so days so maybe I missed the moments where he's been putting on defensive masterclasses. I can only bow down to your superior knowledge if you've not missed a minute of game time :)

Credit where credit is due, he had a good Euros back in 2016, hence the Dortmund transfer, however there is a reason one player is being linked with United, Liverpool and Napoli and the other isn't. 

P.s maybe let's take it easy with the personal comments from now on, you're kind of forcing me to give as good as I get ;) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nofoff said:

Yes he deserves to be but you can't really argue the fact that there isn't much competition in his position. He would be nowhere the Spain team as they are much stronger at LB like I previously said.

I watched the euros in 2016 (even though I don't know what I'm talking about) and I've had a bt sports subscription for the last few years in order to watch Bundesliga. I have to be honest, there's a possibility that I might have missed a game or two over the last 900 or so days so maybe I missed the moments where he's been putting on defensive masterclasses. I can only bow down to your superior knowledge if you've not missed a minute of game time :)

Credit where credit is due, he had a good Euros back in 2016, hence the Dortmund transfer, however there is a reason one player is being linked with United, Liverpool and Napoli and the other isn't. 

P.s maybe let's take it easy with the personal comments from now on, you're kind of forcing me to give as good as I get ;) 

 

No personal comment, just a general observation. You can give as much as you want, but a player being "linked" to somewhere doesn't really say anything for me, players are linked with clubs all the time.  But if you're into players are linked to X, Y or Z, Guerreiro is being linked to Real Madrid, Psg and even Arsenal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

No personal comment, just a general observation. You can give as much as you want, but a player being "linked" to somewhere doesn't really say anything for me, players are linked with clubs all the time.  But if you're into players are linked to X, Y or Z, Guerreiro is being linked to Real Madrid, Psg and even Arsenal...

Let's just see where they're both at a year from now. Looking purely at the attributes you'd look for in a defender I feel that Grimaldo offers substantially more defensively than Guerreiro (positional awareness/good on the turn/stays on his feet more often than not) whilst still offering a threat going forward. Guerreiro is too quick to go to ground, excels when he is on the front foot but can struggle when up against a forward who offers more than just pure pace.. Both are good players, don't get me wrong but I wouldn't hesitate in saying that I think Grimaldo will be the better player in the long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody be able to help me out with a cheap goalkeeper (Under 1m) who I could buy for my low league team who will get a rise at some point soon to make a quick profit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Atkin92 said:

Anybody be able to help me out with a cheap goalkeeper (Under 1m) who I could buy for my low league team who will get a rise at some point soon to make a quick profit?

Maybe buy the Senegal goalie? He is 33 but rated 76 I think. pretty low for an international goalkeeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Atkin92 said:

Anybody be able to help me out with a cheap goalkeeper (Under 1m) who I could buy for my low league team who will get a rise at some point soon to make a quick profit?

Andreas Linde deserves to rise from 78 to 82 which would quadruple his value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, nofoff said:

Getting some reinforcements would be ideal but I don't think that the players you listed are necessarily that much of an upgrade from the ones you already have. Emerson is OK and maybe slightly better than Schennikov (his age is a bonus too) but I honestly don't know if its worth getting rid of Thauvin still.

Best case scenario would be to do some player swaps with your FB's:

Obviously I have no idea who's available in your gameworld but as a swap for Gomez you could consider Djene, Mukiele, Hakimi, Bustos.

For Scennikov I'd look at someone like Firpo or Kenedy but that one is slightly harder because of the lower value.

Hope that's helped, and love the thread by the way. I've been double checking my rating predictions with yours since I found out about it :D

 

cheers, tough to get players in the GW but thanks anyway

7 hours ago, Yuasa said:

Kante and casemiro are in their maximum rate?

perhaps yes

6 hours ago, Kev said:

Is that a 4 for 1 trade? 

And Mawson for me.

yeah

6 hours ago, davidm92 said:

Quick question.  Say Player A (20, 80) and Player B(23, 80) both get the same rating increase.  So now, they are Player A(20, 83) and Player B(23, 83).  Does Player A's value go up a lot higher than Player B or is it about the same?

idk

3 hours ago, Yuasa said:

Bianda signed for as rome! He is a 2000, today he rises from 70 to 76

nice

1 hour ago, Atkin92 said:

Anybody be able to help me out with a cheap goalkeeper (Under 1m) who I could buy for my low league team who will get a rise at some point soon to make a quick profit?

not sure

40 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Damn we won against England :(

oh man :( 

8 minutes ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

Maybe buy the Senegal goalie? He is 33 but rated 76 I think. pretty low for an international goalkeeper. 

73. no guarantee he rises tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

Maybe buy the Senegal goalie? He is 33 but rated 76 I think. pretty low for an international goalkeeper. 

Hyun-Woo CHO the Korean keeper did himself plenty of favours in the world cup too. 80 rated, 700k.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kev said:

Hyun-Woo CHO the Korean keeper did himself plenty of favours in the world cup too. 80 rated, 700k.

Any sense then SM would pick up on some of the lower rated players playing at the so called greatest competition in the world.

 

Think there’s quite a few other low rated like Edison Flores who started every game for Peru only 80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

Any sense then SM would pick up on some of the lower rated players playing at the so called greatest competition in the world.

 

Think there’s quite a few other low rated like Edison Flores who started every game for Peru only 80

I won't be holding my breath waiting for them to update Peru.

Poland should be updated soon however, and Kurzawa should get a +4/+5 I would have thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monolithic said:

I won't be holding my breath waiting for them to update Peru.

Poland should be updated soon however, and Kurzawa should get a +4/+5 I would have thought.

Haha not sure why they wouldn’t upgrade Peru and upgrade Poland? Both teams were as bad as each other in the end.

Edison Flores also plays in Denmark if I stand corrected. Kurzawa in Polish league I think is he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×