Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

9 hours ago, vitor_mfc said:

Godin is really good don't get me wrong, especially on the air, but other than that, i still prefer Pepe. Bentancur and Torreira are not that special, in my opinion.

You said you prefer Godin to Pepe..

Im all for people giving opinions but that’s just silly now.

Now you are trying to deny you mentioned anything about Godin.

Godin has taught everything Gimenez knows!

20 minutes ago, Floodstreet2017 said:

You said you prefer Godin to Pepe..

Im all for people giving opinions but that’s just silly now.

Now you are trying to deny you mentioned anything about Godin.

Godin has taught everything Gimenez knows!

Yes, i know, and he'll be better than him, probably.

No dude, i mentioned Godin, inclusively say he's very good, especially in the air, but anyway i'll be good staying with Pepe. It's not silly, it would be choice, i like Pepe and what he does in the field, that is it. And i'm talking in real live, not SM, i would trade Pepe for Godin in a second otherwise.

Good night.

Barcelona in The Committed (#218753) are available. It's actually quite a good side in a very good GW if I do say so myself. Interested parties feel free to apply, but we are selective. haha

2 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

Yes, i know, and he'll be better than him, probably.

No dude, i mentioned Godin, inclusively say he's very good, especially in the air, but anyway i'll be good staying with Pepe. It's not silly, it's a choice, i like Pepe and what he does in the field, that is it. And i'm talking in real live, not SM, i would trade Pepe for Godin in a second otherwise.

Understandably, opinions are frequently influenced by our passions. You are clearly a Portuguese fan and supported. I admire your passion for your country and for its players. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I hope you will recognize that given your passions, it is likely to be a biased opinion.

As a neutral, I rank Godin higher than Pepe now, but will say that when Pepe was at his best with Madrid, he was something special. Bentancur and Torreira are both very talented young players, but still have a ways to go to be world class. I think Bentancur has the better chance of making that claim someday. I also think he has the better chance of flaming out and disappearing. As for Giminez, typical talented, but young defender. He must improve his positioning and reading of the game. But, the building blocks are certainly there.

28 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Understandably, opinions are frequently influenced by our passions. You are clearly a Portuguese fan and supported. I admire your passion for your country and for its players. You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I hope you will recognize that given your passions, it is likely to be a biased opinion.

As a neutral, I rank Godin higher than Pepe now, but will say that when Pepe was at his best with Madrid, he was something special. Bentancur and Torreira are both very talented young players, but still have a ways to go to be world class. I think Bentancur has the better chance of making that claim someday. I also think he has the better chance of flaming out and disappearing. As for Giminez, typical talented, but young defender. He must improve his positioning and reading of the game. But, the building blocks are certainly there.

I don't think we have the best players in the world, we don't, by far(although we have one of the best), but most of the time you don't have to have the best players, just the right ones, or else Spain or Germany would win the WC because talent wise they have the best players around, arguably, but they went home as well.

The issue with Godin and Pepe was misunderstood by some dudes that just read selected words of a post and things went on for pages. I said i would take two players from Uruguay to Portugal if i could, and those players would be Cavani and Gimenez(Cavani, because it's wonderful striker and a position we are lacking in a long time and Gimenez because he's very good CB already and with more than 12 years of professional fotball ahead, au contraire to Godin which has only a few more), the rest i'm okay with what we have(including Pepe). That is it, no crazy talk, no Bias, just an hypothetical choice, if people disagree fine, but jesus, some primadonas took it as a personal attack that i didn't choose Godin or Suarez, it's just stupid.

Regarding Bentancur and Torreira, there is as good or better around the world and even in Portugal, imo. That is it, that i all. I can mention dozens of midfielders worldwide that i would choose first before those two.

9 hours ago, Bud said:

Alexander-arnold or pavard? 

Pavard atm

8 hours ago, sharkdan said:

Hello guys, could you recommend me some LB, CF and CD that will get 90 or 90+ soon?

review is over

8 hours ago, EvaGreen said:

Messi dropped from 80M to 60M after Argentina eliminated.

lol

5 hours ago, The punch said:

de gea 95 really ? very bad in the world cup

yep, let's judge on a short tournament

4 hours ago, Jimmy15 said:

What leagues are next for update. 

I need players at 82 who will improve 

but not from top leagues??? 

Any help 

not sure

3 hours ago, Gaelgoir said:

Wendell or Telles

Haidara or Samassekou

Telles, Samassekou

37 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Barcelona in The Committed (#218753) are available. It's actually quite a good side in a very good GW if I do say so myself. Interested parties feel free to apply, but we are selective. haha

used to be on there!

1 minute ago, vitor_mfc said:

I don't think we have the best players in the world, we have not by far(although we have one of the best), but most of the time you don't have to have the best players, just the right ones, or else Spain or Germany would win the WC because talent wise they have the best players around, arguably.

The issue with Godin and Pepe was misunderstood by some dudes that just read selected words of a post and things went on for pages. I said i would take two players from Uruguay to Portugal if i could, and those players would be Cavani and Gimenez, the rest i'm okay with what we have(including Pepe). That is it, no crazy talk, no Bias, just an hypothetical choice, if people disagree fine, but jesus, some primadonas took it as a personal attack that i didn't choose Godin.

Regarding Bentancur and Torreira, there is as good or better around the world and even in Portugal, imo. That is it, that i all. I can mention dozens of midfielders worldwide that i would choose first before those two.

You are absolutely correct on the concept of team over talent though there must be talent in the team of course. Additionally, it helps when players are overlooked such as Patricio is for Portugal. IMHO, he is just a slight step off the very best in the world. Wolves will be very lucky to have him in goal next season.

I'd have thought you would want Godin over Gimenez at this moment as he is clearly the superior player at this very moment. If you mean for the long-term, that certainly, the 10+ years in age difference makes it a different conversation. But I also don't disagree with your assertion of Pepe's quality either and consider him just on the back side of a superior career.

As for Bentancur and Torreira, I'll take that bet. haha. Name 3 young CMs (aged 22 or younger) in Portugal better than those two right now because I think you have just shown your bias. :-)

P. S. If you come back with Gamboa (Maritimo) or Tabata (Portimonense), that will be just plain silly. Xadas (Braga) is probably the best young MF in Portugal right now and he's not quite at the level of either Bentancur or Torreira.

14 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

You are absolutely correct on the concept of team over talent though there must be talent in the team of course. Additionally, it helps when players are overlooked such as Patricio is for Portugal. IMHO, he is just a slight step off the very best in the world. Wolves will be very lucky to have him in goal next season.

I'd have thought you would want Godin over Gimenez at this moment as he is clearly the superior player at this very moment. If you mean for the long-term, that certainly, the 10+ years in age difference makes it a different conversation. But I also don't disagree with your assertion of Pepe's quality either and consider him just on the back side of a superior career.

As for Bentancur and Torreira, I'll take that bet. haha. Name 3 young CMs (aged 22 or younger) in Portugal better than those two right now because I think you have just shown your bias. :-)

P. S. If you come back with Gamboa (Maritimo) or Tabata (Portimonense), that will be just plain silly. Xadas (Braga) is probably the best young MF in Portugal right now and he's not quite at the level of either Bentancur or Torreira.

If you close the bracket to only 22 i can only tell you Ruben Neves, which is a favorite of mine and i would already have played in this would cup. Bruno Fernandes, André Gomes are 23 and 24, that is still considered young, by some standards, i'm not saying that they are better, but they are definitely not worse that i would trade. I'm still hoping that Sanches will somehow bounce back with this new BM coach, but that could prove difficult, but there was a big potential there imo.

I agree fully that Neves may end up being the best of the lot. Of course, though Portuguese, he is in England right now. But Neves is clearly a superior player and I hope he continues to develop after a fantastic year with Wolves. It'll be tough for him in the Premiership, but I think he's up for it.

1 hour ago, vitor_mfc said:

Lol, i said i'd take two player from Uruguay to improve Portugal if i could, Gimenez and Cavani. I like how they play and how effective they are. The rest i'm fine with what we have, deal with it as you want.

I'm happy to have Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen and Vermaelen in my national team, but with that saying I still chose Godin. Because he is one of The best (Chiellini is my first) ! Don't you want that your national team have more stronger players ?

If Godin was Belgian he will be the captain...

5 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

I agree fully that Neves may end up being the best of the lot. Of course, though Portuguese, he is in England right now. But Neves is clearly a superior player and I hope he continues to develop after a fantastic year with Wolves. It'll be tough for him in the Premiership, but I think he's up for it.

Well, cruising in the Championship certainly gave him confidence, it's a ver tough league, let's see how it goes.

5 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

I'm happy to have Alderweireld, Kompany, Vertonghen and Vermaelen in my national team, but with that saying I still chose Godin. Because he is one of The best (Chiellini is my first) ! Don't you want that your national team have more stronger players ?

If Godin was Belgian he will be the captain...

Alderweireld though quality, struggled to stay healthy and play this past year.  Vertonghen had perhaps his best season ever. Wonderful performance from him. Kompany is classy...the one month a year he is on the field at this point. And Vermaelen is second level at this point.

Just now, thorgan lesar said:

Euhm... short tournament ? You mean the most important tournament where each country sends his 23 best players ? :/ 

It may be the most important tournament in the world though there are those who would argue the point. Still, 3 matches does not a player define. Is George Best not one of the all time greats for not even have played at a World Cup? 

5 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

Well, cruising in the Championship certainly gave him confidence, it's a ver tough league, let's see how it goes.

Also an example of how quickly opinions can change. Remember when he first came up with Porto, he excelled and everybody loved him. Then he struggled for a couple of season and everyone said he was a failure. Then, he moves to Wolves, may have been the best player in the entire Championship last season and everybody loves him again. It's a fickle crowd those that watch the matches. haha

4 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Alderweireld though quality, struggled to stay healthy and play this past year.  Vertonghen had perhaps his best season ever. Wonderful performance from him. Kompany is classy...the one month a year he is on the field at this point. And Vermaelen is second level at this point.

It may be the most important tournament in the world though there are those who would argue the point. Still, 3 matches does not a player define. Is George Best not one of the all time greats for not even have played at a World Cup? 

My point is I can easily say Godin would be the captain in our defence while we have 4 very good defenders (Vermaelen is underrated)

You're right about that and I can not answer on that question. I never saw him playing :)

19 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

Euhm... short tournament ? You mean the most important tournament where each country sends his 23 best players ? 😕

ok so Salah, Matic, Lewandoski and the whole german team should all drop?

6 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

My point is I can easily say Godin would be the captain in our defence while we have 4 very good defenders (Vermaelen is underrated)

You're right about that and I can not answer on that question. I never saw him playing :)

We agree on the value of Godin. But Vermaelen underrated. Thanks for the laugh mate. :D

I mean, he's not bad or unworthy, but he is clear second choice and a long ways from very good. He was once there. But no more.

Similarly, I don't think you can consider Kompany very good anymore because of his health issues. Yes, he is clearly top-shelf when healthy, but how often is that? And how often do we get to see that? Part of any player being very good or above for me is the ability to be on the field. Many a good careers were ruined, or at least held back, by injury. Kompany looks to be part of that club unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, tryn2rtr said:

Also an example of how quickly opinions can change. Remember when he first came up with Porto, he excelled and everybody loved him. Then he struggled for a couple of season and everyone said he was a failure. Then, he moves to Wolves, may have been the best player in the entire Championship last season and everybody loves him again. It's a fickle crowd those that watch the matches. haha

It depends on the person i guess, i still think Sanches can make it, even when everyone sees a bad player now. The thing is in Portugal people found out about the word flop, and now people call almost every player they don't like or even know nothing about "flops". 

2 minutes ago, davidm92 said:

ok so Salah, Matic, Lewandoski and the whole german team should all drop?

Or how about the players how didn't even get there this year. Some of who will get there. People like:

Oblak or Hamsik or Pjanic or Aubameyang or the whole Chilean and Italian national teams?

Ultimately, many consider Oblak to be among the top 2-3 GKs in the entire world, but since he'll likely never play in a World Cup, I guess everyone is wrong, right? haha

3 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

It depends on the person i guess, i still think Sanches can make it, even when everyone sees a bad player now. The thing is in Portugal people found out about the word flop, and now people call almost every player they don't like or even know nothing about "flops". 

I wouldn't be ready to give up on Sanches yet, but his steps backward are concerning. I definitely hope the best for him.

Just now, tryn2rtr said:

Or how about the players how didn't even get there this year. Some of who will get there. People like:

Oblak or Hamsik or Pjanic or Aubameyang or the whole Chilean and Italian national teams?

Ultimately, many consider Oblak to be among the top 2-3 GKs in the entire world, but since he'll likely never play in a World Cup, I guess everyone is wrong, right? haha

exactly, italy didn't even make it so drop them all to sub 90 i guess 

26 minutes ago, thorgan lesar said:

He was amazing. Pele said he was the best player he'd seen, which must count for something. Clearly I'm a fan though (George Best is my profile pic in case you didn't know).

A brief highlights reel of George Best, from when balls weighed a ton and pitches were decidedly agricultural, not like the carpet pitches you have now. So much is missing from the YouTube stuff, but this gives you an idea. At the time, I can only think of Garrincha who came close.