Sir Rahul

Rahul W's rating predictions

Anyone think Mbappe Pavard Umtiti will get rises if France if win the World Cup?

Mbappe in particular has become the tournament's stand out player. In 53 games Mbappe has got 27 goals and 11 assists for club and country. That is an impressive 38 goal involvements in 53 games. He recently matched a record set previously by Pele and he still has a final to play against Croatia.

Does SM even review ratings immediately after a World Cup?

1 minute ago, Amar said:

Anyone think Mbappe Pavard Umtiti will get rises if France if win the World Cup?

Mbappe in particular has become the tournament's stand out player. In 53 games Mbappe has got 27 goals and 11 assists for club and country. That is an impressive 38 goal involvements in 53 games. He recently matched a record set previously by Pele and he still has a final to play against Croatia.

yes robben 2014 rise after wc

25 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

I guess it depend on what you need, different players for different positions.

Got a pretty well rounded team of 84/85 rated players so just looking to sign that one player with the big potential to sign now and keep so I don’t have to spend say 20/30m on him in say a year 

1 hour ago, Atkin92 said:

Got a pretty well rounded team of 84/85 rated players so just looking to sign that one player with the big potential to sign now and keep so I don’t have to spend say 20/30m on him in say a year 

Justin Kluivert would be a great (although maybe obvious) player that fits your criteria. 85 rated, costs 7m at the moment. Is in the Dutch national team and has just moved to Roma this summer. Can play as a winger of anywhere across the front line, only 19. 

Arthur may take longer to rise, especially after the huge increase SM gave him not too long ago. Pavard not a bad option either.

Hey all, how good is the option to buy Otamendi? He's in his 30s and chances of rise are low. He has compete with Stones, Laporte, Kompany and (maybe any new CBs) for playing time.  Is he atleast good for short term investment? 

Ranking please - D.Llorente (Sociedad CB),  Akanji, Ake (I know it's easy choice but just to confirm once again) 

20 hours ago, sharkdan said:

What do you think about Mahrez in Manchester City? Will he play regularly?

perhaps at the start of the season given World Cup holidays

22 hours ago, hesselink said:

Which leagues are usually done before the top 5?

in the winter, the second divisions.

22 hours ago, AlfonDaddy said:

Marcelo Saracchi

20 years old

84 rating

£2.8 mil

Went up +6 since January and just signed for RB Leipzig from River Plate. Could be a good prospect/money maker 

yes

19 hours ago, vitor_mfc said:

So, Croatia is in the WC final, they could very well win it. I fell players like Rebic, Rakitic, Lovren, maybe even Vida and Modric might deserve a rise after all of this.

English players like Treppier and Stones too.

But i realize those rises will probably come in the winter review.

yep, if Croatia win.

18 hours ago, vitor_mfc said:

In other news Jann-Fiete Arp apparently is closer to Munich after agreeing personal terms with the Baviera club. With Lewandowski mentoring Arp, he can become a Goalscoring beast.

shame

18 hours ago, jaybee said:

What leagues are likely to be reviewed after Sweden? 

idk

18 hours ago, dutza90 said:

Hey guys I need help one more time with an advice! I ve got Arthur. I ve been offered Yerry Mina + Kessie and I d pay the 6 mil difference. Or from another manager Mariano Diaz + Plattenhardt and he d buy Vardy which I want to sell, and i cant for more than FW, for max cash. I can use all 4 players especially Plattenhardt. Which would you guys chose, or u d just keep Arthur?    

good offer. move on Arthur.

18 hours ago, Yuasa said:

Jorginho is going to sign for Chelsea.

yes

17 hours ago, Lukke said:

35,90 M €36989036_2015312418531217_32610450329242

nice back-up

16 hours ago, Lana. said:

Aubameyang or Keità, Lindelof and Baumgartl?

Auba

15 hours ago, ombarcagunners said:

Leroy Sané or Martial + Coman + money?

duo

11 hours ago, Amar said:

idk, tho Mario and Patricio got rises after Euros.

8 hours ago, Atkin92 said:

Who is the best player to sign for around 10m? Thinking maybe pavard or Arthur?

Pavard

55 minutes ago, Tharanidharan said:

Hey all, how good is the option to buy Otamendi? He's in his 30s and chances of rise are low. He has compete with Stones, Laporte, Kompany and (maybe any new CBs) for playing time.  Is he atleast good for short term investment? 

Ranking please - D.Llorente (Sociedad CB),  Akanji, Ake (I know it's easy choice but just to confirm once again) 

better options there, but short term is good.

Akanji, Llorente, Ake. isn't a question.

1 hour ago, Sir Rahul said:

perhaps at the start of the season given World Cup holidays

in the winter, the second divisions.

yes

yep, if Croatia win.

shame

idk

good offer. move on Arthur.

yes

nice back-up

Auba

duo

idk, tho Mario and Patricio got rises after Euros.

Pavard

better options there, but short term is good.

Akanji, Llorente, Ake. isn't a question.

Thanks @Sir Rahul. No great options available actually. Otamendi, Murillo, Lovren Matip, Bartra, Jones, Mustafi. Who would you choose in these bunch? 

"Mikel Merino, born 22 June 1996, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for German club Newcastle United as a midfielder" - Lol  .... Read this on a website that I won't embarass by naming ... 

Merino to Real Sociedad for 12m Euros

Roger Guedes signing for SD Lenung 9.2m Euros - Pity! To me it seems a waste of a great young prospect ☹️

30 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

"Mikel Merino, born 22 June 1996, is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for German club Newcastle United as a midfielder" - Lol  .... Read this on a website that I won't embarass by naming ... 

Merino to Real Sociedad for 12m Euros

Roger Guedes signing for SD Lenung 9.2m Euros - Pity! To me it seems a waste of a great young prospect ☹️

Hahahaha I read a few months ago on an extremely popular sports website an article quoting a potential move for “Lewandowski,30” lol. His birthday isn’t till August!!! 

Suppose we all make mistakes at work 😅

10 minutes ago, TMNT said:

Who is likely to get a bump from the World Cup then?

Any chance of Modric to 96? He deserves it, but they're not usually keen on upgrading over 30s.

Certainly agree SM are NOT keen, TMNT. Doubt almost 100% they won't!

I See Chelsea have "SACKED" Conte. Think this means Abramovich doesn't want to pay off his contract (Or they cannot agree a mutually agreed pay-off). Probably will end up in the Courts.

Conte fel out with Matic and rumours Courtois & some others looking to leave. All b4 the new manager takes over as well. Abramovich's love affair with Chelsea is cooling since he didn't get a UK Visa and now relies on a Israeli Visa to enter the UK. Oh dear.......

Xerdan Shaqiri having medical at Anfield so it looks nailed on now.

BUT Shaqiri's style of play really isn't the High Press Liverpool way. Seems a strange Buy to me, even tho my contact at Spurs told me almost a week ago it was going to happen despite my doubts about the High Press 😕

4 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

BUT Shaqiri's style of play really isn't the High Press Liverpool way. Seems a strange Buy to me, even tho my contact at Spurs told me almost a week ago it was going to happen despite my doubts about the High Press 😕

He seemed to press fine for Switzerland, I don't think that was Stoke's style. For 13m he's not a strange buy in my books, even if he flops Liverpool can sell him for a decent profit. They had to bring an unfit Lallana on for Salah in the CL final, this gives them cheap cover. 

5 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Certainly agree SM are NOT keen, TMNT. Doubt almost 100% they won't!

I See Chelsea have "SACKED" Conte. Think this means Abramovich doesn't want to pay off his contract (Or they cannot agree a mutualyagreedl pay-off). Probably will end up in the Courts.

Chelsea is certainly not in a good place right now, it has been steadily declining for some years, and i personally think it will never go back to what it was for a decade or so. Just imagining the team they could've had if they didn't make stupid decision on letting their higher caliber players leave, Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne, Matic, Salah, Oscar, Cuadrado, especially because most of them are now playing for their PL rivals. And then went to splash money on lower caliber players.

You reap what you sow.

11 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

7 minutes ago, TMNT said:

He seemed to press fine for Switzerland, I don't think that was Stoke's style. For 13m he's not a strange buy in my books, even if he flops Liverpool can sell him for a decent profit. They had to bring an unfit Lallana on for Salah in the CL final, this gives them cheap cover. 

I'm a big fan of Shaqiri, i honestly didn't really see him play for Stoke, but i saw him playing for Basel (Champions League), Bayern Munich and Switzerland through the years and i think he's certainly a Klopp kind of buy and he'll fit right in.

35 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

I'm a big fan of Shaqiri, i honestly didn't really see him play for Stoke, but i saw him playing for Basel (Champions League), Bayern Munich and Switzerland through the years and i think he's certainly a Klopp kind of buy and he'll fit right in.

I'm a fan of Shaqiri too, but I do remember commentators during a Stoke relegation game where Shaqiri ran forward with great intensity but they more or less showed him up for refusing to mark back in the opposite direction at all. Maybe the great Klopp can inspire him to do it. I'm not too sure but if anyone can get that out of him Klopp can. There's one thing at Stoke Shaqiri would always be selected, but he'll have to fight for his place at Liverpool. I Will watch him with great interest on the Tv next season and report back :)

44 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

Chelsea is certainly not in a good place right now, it has been steadily declining for some years, and i personally think it will never go back to what it was for a decade or so. Just imagining the team they could've had if they didn't make stupid decision on letting their higher caliber players leave, Lukaku, Mata, De Bruyne, Matic, Salah, Oscar, Cuadrado, especially because most of them are now playing for their PL rivals. And then went to splash money on lower caliber players.

You reap what you sow.

Wow! What a great post - Spot on! You put what I was trying to say beautifully & with more evidencel.

"You reap what you sow" - love it!

49 minutes ago, TMNT said:

Yes it's not a great transfer fee. He might have a clause saying he can move on if Stoke were relegated. Which means he may be getting a big signing on fee as well :) Valid point re WC but you see a lot of players killing themselves for their country more than their club.

35 minutes ago, vitor_mfc said:

Can't seem to delete this :(

7 minutes ago, Soccahappy said:

Yes it's not a great transfer fee. He might have a clause saying he can move on if Stoke were relegated. Which means he may be getting a big signing on fee as well :) Valid point re WC but you see a lot of players killing themselves for their country more than their club.

It's a relegation release clause. You also see players trying harder for better teams, VvD downed tools for Saints, Wijnaldum had a bad rep among Newcastle fans etc... no problems from players like those at Liverpool. If Shaqiri doesn't try hard enough he'll be sold for a profit. I don't see the downside to the transfer.

1 minute ago, TMNT said:

It's a relegation release clause. You also see players trying harder for better teams, VvD downed tools for Saints, Wijnaldum had a bad rep among Newcastle fans etc... no problems from players like those at Liverpool. If Shaqiri doesn't try hard enough he'll be sold for a profit. I don't see the downside to the transfer.

Agreed, No downside unless his release clause is massive & he doesn't press. I'll defer to you two on this then but I'll look forward to next season with somethinge else to watch very closely 😋 Can't wait for next season already 😋

1 hour ago, TMNT said:

Who is likely to get a bump from the World Cup then?

Any chance of Modric to 96? He deserves it, but they're not usually keen on upgrading over 30s.

Modric could get it if they win the whole thing, Tripper, Maguire, Pickford, inui, pavard, Rebic, a lot of Croatians dependant on if they win it

1 hour ago, vitor_mfc said:

You reap what you sow.

Only way is up for us after last season, Sarri coming in a long with Jorginho is a great start to our re-structuring, if we can keep Hazard and get Allison to replace Courtois who looks very likely to leave then that will be great, rumours of Golovin and Rugani being at advanced stages is also promising, we are taking a new direction and one we should have done before we hired Mourinho, who is the reason players like De Bruyne, Lukaku, Mata and Salah are at premier league rivals right now, to say we won't go back to what we were in over a decade is about crazy and I'm confused by the statement as to what we were before now? Even after a terrible season filled with turmoil and uncertainty we managed to win some silverware.