Middle_Finger

One sided player concern

On 5/13/2017 at 5:14 PM, Manuster - Emmanuel Alagba said:

FOR GOD SAKE THANK YOU. I WILL SPAM DOWN THIS FORUM TILL PEOPLE REALISE IT IS NOT WRONG TO BUILD A GOOD TEAM. 

I BOUGHT YOUNG PLAYERS YEEEARS AGO BEFORE ANYONE EVEN KNEW OF THEM AND NOW I HAVE TO SELL THEM THE SECOND THEY SHOW THEIR WORTH BECAUSE OF A RETARDED CONCERN SYSTEM.

SEVEN YEARS, SEVEN YEARS I HAVE PLAYED SOCCERMANAGER AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN CLOSER TO LEAVING THAN I AM NOW.

Someone will join my GameWorld, see my team, ignore the fact that my best players were bought over 4 years and 11 SEASONS and will complain and call me a player hoarder.

Yes, I like to buy good high potential young players? So what??? 

Sorry I don't get your point.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't buy good high potential risers.  Nobody is saying you can't hoard players (I think the maximum squad cap is 250 players).  Nobody is saying it is wrong to build a good team.

However, the rules of the game dictate that the higher rated players want to play a high number of games (yeah, I know,,, football players wanting to play football is completely unrealistic..) and when they don't they develop concerns.

Even then, just because a player develops concerns does not mean you have to sell him.  There are 5 levels of concerns before he slaps in a transfer request.

If you fail as a manager to address these concerns then, yes, you will eventually lose that player.  But your failure to manage those concerns is whose fault... do you think?  Judging by your post it is everyone's but yours.

And "spamming down" this forum is the most amusing thing I have read on here for weeks.  The people that make the rules for this game deserted the forum a long time ago.

Interesting points. I am slightly bending towards serial winners. As in if one is a serial winner and have loads of cash. Its logical to have many players (hoarding) but then if he/she chooses to not buy that many what is to become if the money? Its a trivia. Doesn't this encourage to NOT stick long in a gw?? 

On 15/12/2016 at 6:22 PM, jlammy said:

I think that the problem with this is the way SM works: you need a squad of 20+ good players to be competitive in the league, cup and shield, simply because of the way fitness works. However, that would inevitably lead to concerns (I've done the math, trust me :) ), if you have 20 90+ players.

Not really. In a competitive GW I won a lot of thropies, including two trebles and estabilished a record of 4 consecutive Champions League finals (of which two winner and two as runner-up) and my squad is composed by a main XI of 90+ players and the rest of the squad are 89- for outfield backup and 87-  GK backup. So you don't need 20+ top players to win, even in competitive setups.

Sorry, you need two teams for compete a single trophy and also the championship.

When saturday I play Championship, Messi goes to 70-75 fitness.

When monday I play Cup, Messi's fitness is only 86-91 and need to rest another day for reach 94-99. You can't play the Cup with Messi. Instead Messi you can use Dembele but, HEY, next match Messi's back and Dembele goes out and you have a level concern. Round and round :D

This is the reason why I don't care to play the Cup with my regular team.

In the real world you can't play saturday, monday, wednesday ans again saturday

Sm Staff again don't think well. Monkeys on the tree.

On 13/05/2017 at 3:07 PM, Manuster - Emmanuel Alagba said:

Exactly. I have a spent 4 years building a club that you would drool over. I buy almost a dozen youths every season. I win trophy after trophy and I sell the youths that don't grow to my desires or stagnate. By doing so, I have amassed a club with 22 First Squad players averaging 94 and a youth team of over 60 players - 20 of who are 89 and 90 rated.

But I get concerns. For the past 6 season's we've won a trophy every season but it looks like I'll have to sell some of my brightest young talent to some 41 Reputation manage of Leicester City.

Show me a team in the real world that has 20 89-90 rated players happy to sit on the bench reserves. Even Real Madrid can't keep that many layers happy. Its to maintain some sort of realism to the game but keep it fun.

Its quite simple really. You can keep a squad of about 21 90+ rated players happy. Any more than that you won't be using and is classed as hogging.

1st team.jpg

As you can see only Casemiro has a concern and that is reducing through game time. I rotate my team to make sure I have a 95/94 rated team out and that everyone gets plenty of game time. In cups I use my highest rate B team against the easier opponents and then mix and max as the opponents get harder. As the season progresses and if I have a good lead in the league I use my strongest team to try and win the cup.

The key to keep players match fit is using 3 subs every game and rotating players whilst keeping the squad rating as high as possible. I have a theory its the squad rating that matters than individuals so pay less attention to that when choosing a team.

I have high rated reserves to worry about but it's a good problem to have. Instead of moaning "why cant I hoard these players" Im thinking "ok who shall I move on and who is likely to reach higher potential?" Instead of moaning about the system use it to your advantage. Buy the players other managers are forced to sell, don't keep players too long who just end up being a wage sponge on your club. Invest in the next youth players that will come to fruition when you need them

On 2017-5-19 at 7:13 AM, Nico66 said:

Sorry I don't get your point.

Nobody is saying you shouldn't buy good high potential risers.  Nobody is saying you can't hoard players (I think the maximum squad cap is 250 players).  Nobody is saying it is wrong to build a good team.

However, the rules of the game dictate that the higher rated players want to play a high number of games (yeah, I know,,, football players wanting to play football is completely unrealistic..) and when they don't they develop concerns.

Even then, just because a player develops concerns does not mean you have to sell him.  There are 5 levels of concerns before he slaps in a transfer request.

If you fail as a manager to address these concerns then, yes, you will eventually lose that player.  But your failure to manage those concerns is whose fault... do you think?  Judging by your post it is everyone's but yours.

And "spamming down" this forum is the most amusing thing I have read on here for weeks.  The people that make the rules for this game deserted the forum a long time ago.

Lmao, De Gea developed concerns in November 2016. (Despite playing every league game/)
He played every single game for the next 3 seasons and they didn't go down.

My only other keeper (Donnarumma) then developed concerns.

He has played almost ever single game this season (costing me the league) and they went up, not down.

De Gea still has concerns. They haven't even dropped.

Donnarumma is on Level 4 after a season of over 20 starts and 20 subs.

They are my only 2 goalkeepers and that is only a microcosm of the idiocy across my team.

What would you? In all your fabulous glory do?

17 hours ago, Manuster - Emmanuel Alagba said:

Lmao, De Gea developed concerns in November 2016. (Despite playing every league game/)
He played every single game for the next 3 seasons and they didn't go down.

My only other keeper (Donnarumma) then developed concerns.

He has played almost ever single game this season (costing me the league) and they went up, not down.

De Gea still has concerns. They haven't even dropped.

Donnarumma is on Level 4 after a season of over 20 starts and 20 subs.

They are my only 2 goalkeepers and that is only a microcosm of the idiocy across my team.

What would you? In all your fabulous glory do?

Well, since you ask..

First of all I wouldn't bother having two top class Goalkeepers in the same squad.  GKs never get injured, suspended or unfit so there is no need.  If you read the article about concerns in the help section you will see that your highest rated GK and any other GK rated 88 and above wants 90% game time.  So it's very unlikely that you will be able to keep De Gea & Donnarumma both happy.

You would have been better off having a back-up like Mitryushkin, Guruceaga or Lafont,,, someone who isn't going to expect any game time but will still rise & make a profit.

I don't know about the situation with De Gea.  If he played every game since you signed him then he shouldn't have got concerns at all.  However the answer for Donnarumma's concerns is staring you straight in the face.  He wants 90% game time and yet you (by your own admission) gave him 20 starts and 20 sub appearances, which is only 75% (30 x 100 /40 = 75). So you can't really blame SM for your inability to comprehend maths.

Concerns is a feature introduced by SM to make the game more difficult, more realistic and therefore more challenging in order to keep it interesting.  They haven't singled you out for special treatment, the same rules apply to us all. If you are that strongly against this feature why don't you join/create a custom GW where you can simply switch concerns off and sign every top player that you want?

7 hours ago, Nico66 said:

Well, since you ask..

First of all I wouldn't bother having two top class Goalkeepers in the same squad.  GKs never get injured, suspended or unfit so there is no need.  If you read the article about concerns in the help section you will see that your highest rated GK and any other GK rated 88 and above wants 90% game time.  So it's very unlikely that you will be able to keep De Gea & Donnarumma both happy.

You would have been better off having a back-up like Mitryushkin, Guruceaga or Lafont,,, someone who isn't going to expect any game time but will still rise & make a profit.

I don't know about the situation with De Gea.  If he played every game since you signed him then he shouldn't have got concerns at all.  However the answer for Donnarumma's concerns is staring you straight in the face.  He wants 90% game time and yet you (by your own admission) gave him 20 starts and 20 sub appearances, which is only 75% (30 x 100 /40 = 75). So you can't really blame SM for your inability to comprehend maths.

Concerns is a feature introduced by SM to make the game more difficult, more realistic and therefore more challenging in order to keep it interesting.  They haven't singled you out for special treatment, the same rules apply to us all. If you are that strongly against this feature why don't you join/create a custom GW where you can simply switch concerns off and sign every top player that you want?

This is pretty much what I was going to say! Check the rules, it's all in there!

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 1:57 AM, Dannyb01y said:

Well I am a bit of a player hogger but I manage concerns of squads with about 21 90+ rated players pretty well. I've never lost a player to concerns. That's why I think they're ok as they are.

Me too. Never had that problem

On 6/12/2017 at 10:54 PM, Dannyb01y said:

Show me a team in the real world that has 20 89-90 rated players happy to sit on the bench reserves. Even Real Madrid can't keep that many layers happy. Its to maintain some sort of realism to the game but keep it fun.

Its quite simple really. You can keep a squad of about 21 90+ rated players happy. Any more than that you won't be using and is classed as hogging.

1st team.jpg

As you can see only Casemiro has a concern and that is reducing through game time. I rotate my team to make sure I have a 95/94 rated team out and that everyone gets plenty of game time. In cups I use my highest rate B team against the easier opponents and then mix and max as the opponents get harder. As the season progresses and if I have a good lead in the league I use my strongest team to try and win the cup.

The key to keep players match fit is using 3 subs every game and rotating players whilst keeping the squad rating as high as possible. I have a theory its the squad rating that matters than individuals so pay less attention to that when choosing a team.

I have high rated reserves to worry about but it's a good problem to have. Instead of moaning "why cant I hoard these players" Im thinking "ok who shall I move on and who is likely to reach higher potential?" Instead of moaning about the system use it to your advantage. Buy the players other managers are forced to sell, don't keep players too long who just end up being a wage sponge on your club. Invest in the next youth players that will come to fruition when you need them

What you are saying only works if you go till the end of the cup/shield tournaments. If a team gets knocked out early that's when the prob lies. 

For example, I am the manager of WBA. I managed to have a good first 11-13 players. Like, ghoulam+90) is my first choice lb and brunt(87) second choice, who mainly plays domestic cups. It goes without saying I do not manage to go far in those competitions, the farthest I went is QF. So now I don't necessarily need to use brunt as much and he recently developed concern. 

So what SM is trying to tell me is, every time I should reach the final to avoid concerns. Or I can't even have a 32 y/o rated 87 as backup. May be 80 or less. According to the concerns developed I can only assume I cannot afford more than 15 decent players at best.

Hence I repeat my points, a player's AGE should be taken into account while developing concern. And also towards the end of the season, say between match 30-38, the concern level calculator should be vanished or at least lenient.