Everybody has been looking for the formula, well here it is!!!.

Firstly : Formation

Best,most effective and most guaranteed, is the 4-3-3B* Formation.

* - With some editing.

The Fullbacks - Will both have arrows drawn to the attacking side. (Do not adjust your two central defenders)

The Midfield - Your number 6 aka DM will have an arrow drawn to the defensive side.

Your number 7 aka AM will have an arrow drawn to the attacking side.

Your number 8 aka CM will have no arrow drawn!!!!!.

The Attack -  Will remain unedited. (This gives them a creative freedom).

Secondly : Instructions

Team Instructions

Tackling Style - Hard.

Mentality - Attacking.

Passing Style - Mixed.

Attacking - Mixed.

Tempo - Fast.

Pressing - All Over.

Play Style

Counter Attack, Men Behind Ball, Tight Marking - Yes.

Playmaker, Target Man, Offside Trap - No.

N.B - This is because using a playmaker and/or target man, reduces the level of creativity of the rest of the team, and sometimes all you need is a moment of brilliance. 

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!

Always set a substitution, the workload required of the tactic is much so you need subs.

AND ALSO!!!!!

Only have one substitute plan (most preferably for 60th min, regardless of scores), Never bring on more than two substitutes, you never know who will get sent of or Injured!!!!

GOODLUCK!!!!!!!

N.B - This tactic works irrespective of squad rating but not squad depth i.e A squad with a rating of 90 but with 32 players will challenge top four and SMFA spots easily.

N.B - Better teams with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, have a 70-80% chance of beating you, especially on a good day. This is NOT! magic.

Just now, tupac_healy said:

Tbh your team is ridiculously highly rated... That's probably what's getting results for you..

I've a non competitive GW also and no matter what instructions/tactics I set up, 9/10 I'm winning 4 or 5 nil....

thats cuz i bought them with the money i earned winning while i had nothing....if youre good enough your squad would play for you.
and get you a competitive gw, how else would you test your prominence

Just now, TeloTR said:

thats cuz i bought them with the money i earned winning while i had nothing....if youre good enough your squad would play for you.
and get you a competitive gw, how else would you test your prominese

I play all sorts of different game worlds, both competitive and non-competitive...

My point is, the example you used to verify the tactics work is an extremely poor one as to the very high ratings of your squad....

As I posted earlier, I used very similar tactics in a very competitive GW and they worked quite well, but next season, not so much....

I don't think there is a be all and end all tactics when it comes to this game 

1 minute ago, tupac_healy said:

I play all sorts of different game worlds, both competitive and non-competitive...

My point is, the example you used to verify the tactics work is an extremely poor one as to the very high ratings of your squad....

As I posted earlier, I used very similar tactics in a very competitive GW and they worked quite well, but next season, not so much....

I don't think there is a be all and end all tactics when it comes to this game 

good squads win trophies...dont blame me for having a division 5 team with such great players playing in division 1 
dont encourage people to take up wack teams.
the only way to use an average team to win a competitive gw, is with a proper set-up

3 minutes ago, Liam Mitchell said:

Hey, I'm in a competitive game league with Newcastle in div 2 and need a bit of help finding the right formation this is my team, 3 games in I have won 1 and drawn 2.

newcastle team.png

Go with the 4-3-3 B like stated above, I have the same Newcastle team minus a couple of your signings and im doing pretty well in a competitive league, 1st place 5 wins 2 draws no loses.

I go with youth while everyone is buying old 90 rated players and beating most of them teams.

i play no playmaker or target man

fast tempo

press in own half

short passing and that is all

dont use any arrows.

works for me, i use it in every game world and havent been beaten in 3 weeks now.

1 minute ago, Kierans91 said:

Go with the 4-3-3 B like stated above, I have the same Newcastle team minus a couple of your signings and im doing pretty well in a competitive league, 1st place 5 wins 2 draws no loses.

I go with youth while everyone is buying old 90 rated players and beating most of them teams.

fast tempo

press in own half

dont use any arrows.

works for me, i use it in every game world and havent been beaten in 3 weeks now.

Cheers mate will give it a go

6 minutes ago, Kierans91 said:

fast tempo

press in own half

dont use any arrows.

with the play style did you mean you don't use target man and playmaker, what should I have instead?

2 minutes ago, Liam Mitchell said:

with the play style did you mean you don't use target man and playmaker, what should I have instead?

Yeah... I dont use a Target man or a Playmaker.

I dont use anything in that section that needs a tick :lol:

Also Just beat Leicester away in the cup 4-0 with this tactic