TS26

Negative Budget and soon less than 21 players

Hi to all,

Currently I am managing New England Revolution in the American Soccer League and I've been facing a really serious problem for the last few seasons. My budgets constantly decreases, regardless of the fact that I always end up being in top 3 in my league and loss only a maximum of 2-3 games during the whole season. At the moment I am at -46 mln and there are 9 more games left until the end of the season, so I am assuming I'll be able to overpass the -50mln barrier pretty easily. However, now I face a much bigger issue, as my second goalkeeper Morgan de Sanctis is retiring at the end of this season, so my team will drop under the 21 players limit, I won't have a second goalkeeper, I won't have any money to buy new players, nor the possibility to sell anybody in order to fix my budget. Any tips on what to do in this case? I said to myself that this is going to be my last season managing New England Revolution because I've been playing with the same bunch of players for maybe more than 5 seasons now and it's impossible to achieve anything like this because the team needs a few improvements, in order to compete for the title. I really hope that at the end of the season the chairman will invest more than 50 mln so that I can actually have a budget and that my squad doesn't drop under the 21 players limit...but what if he doesn't invest and my team drops under 21 players? What will happen in this case?

NER3.png

The chairman will give you 2 new players, but they'll be low rated. If you're still in the red then you'll need to get someone to do a 2 for 1 player exchange with you so you have 22 players and can start selling.

Most likely the chairman will add a random GK (a very cheap one). I've seen this happen to unmanaged sides (but not to managed sides).

Best way to keep a healthy budget while (over)spending more on wages than your club can handle is to do some reeling and dealing. Sell as soon as transfer ban ends (don't get attached to names and in case of a review try to get as many risers). If you constantly make profits on player sales you can afford to lose money on wages. However I try to break even while winning as many prizes as possible. My wage bill is disgusting but I usually show a small profit without player sales (and make massive profits on player sales).