tupac_healy

Anyone able to explain how morale works?

Never really paid much attention to morale but had a quick scan of my team today and something really strange. Take 2 players in my team that play EVERY game in their CORRECT position and never subbed.

Pogba 78% morale

Thiago 94% morale 

Both playing next to each other week in week out, between league and cup games, lately my team is winning more than it's losing so I could understand morale in general being 'up' 

But that's a startling difference between 2 of my beat players 

1 hour ago, tupac_healy said:

Never really paid much attention to morale but had a quick scan of my team today and something really strange. Take 2 players in my team that play EVERY game in their CORRECT position and never subbed.

Pogba 78% morale

Thiago 94% morale 

Both playing next to each other week in week out, between league and cup games, lately my team is winning more than it's losing so I could understand morale in general being 'up' 

Morale changes after MD 1 or 2 and when concerns are reviewed, e.g. MD 12. I'm not really sure but playing a lot helps and playing well really helps a lot. A player's morale should be boosted as long as he has enough games not to develop concerns and has a high average for his performances.

You could also offer new contracts. As a result morale of the player in question goes up (sometimes a lot, sometimes not much at all). His wages won't go up unless a player had a recent rating increase while he was on your team (and the chairman hasn't offered the player a new contract). You can check if wages remain the same when choosing to offer a new contract.

Usually the bulk of my squad has 100% morale in the beginning of the season. As soon as the MD 1/2 decrease of morale happens I offer new contracts to the players that have less than 100% morale. If any player still has less than 100% I might hand him a few more easy games and after concerns are reviewed he'll get an increase.

1 hour ago, 1000dB said:

Morale changes after MD 1 or 2 and when concerns are reviewed, e.g. MD 12. I'm not really sure but playing a lot helps and playing well really helps a lot. A player's morale should be boosted as long as he has enough games not to develop concerns and has a high average for his performances.

You could also offer new contracts. As a result morale of the player in question goes up (sometimes a lot, sometimes not much at all). His wages won't go up unless a player had a recent rating increase while he was on your team (and the chairman hasn't offered the player a new contract). You can check if wages remain the same when choosing to offer a new contract.

Usually the bulk of my squad has 100% morale in the beginning of the season. As soon as the MD 1/2 decrease of morale happens I offer new contracts to the players that have less than 100% morale. If any player still has less than 100% I might hand him a few more easy games and after concerns are reviewed he'll get an increase.

Yeah I renewed Pogbas contract and his morale went back up to almost 100%

The part I can't figure out is why both players in the same position on the pitch (the 2 in a 4231) play all the time and ones morale is considerably higher than the other, just seems wrong....

Anyhow new contracts all round!!!

3 hours ago, tupac_healy said:

Pogba 78% morale

Thiago 94% morale 

The reason you probably don't pay much attention to Morale Tupac is I find it doesn't (Like Condition) effect much.

Like "condition" it seems to have to go to a very low Team Total b4 it does your team a dis-service. 59% condition & 59% morale can sometimes beat a really good team u didn't think u could beat. Very low condition beats umanaged teams at ridiculous levels like 25 & 30% & they keep on winning even with players finishing the game on 1% condition.

You notice they call it "Condition" & NOT "Fitness". Morale in the real game is a massive factor too look at Chelsea after Mourinho swore at a Lady Doctor. Didn't Mourinho think the players appreciated that Lady & her help. Look what happened to Chelsea & Mourinho after that! Morale should be a massive part of the SM game, but it isn't.

6 hours ago, Soccahappy said:

The reason you probably don't pay much attention to Morale Tupac is I find it doesn't (Like Condition) effect much.

Like "condition" it seems to have to go to a very low Team Total b4 it does your team a dis-service. 59% condition & 59% morale can sometimes beat a really good team u didn't think u could beat. Very low condition beats umanaged teams at ridiculous levels like 25 & 30% & they keep on winning even with players finishing the game on 1% condition.

You notice they call it "Condition" & NOT "Fitness". Morale in the real game is a massive factor too look at Chelsea after Mourinho swore at a Lady Doctor. Didn't Mourinho think the players appreciated that Lady & her help. Look what happened to Chelsea & Mourinho after that! Morale should be a massive part of the SM game, but it isn't.

8 hours ago, 1000dB said:

Maybe, maybe not....

One things for sure, gave Pogba a new contract today and he bagged the only goal in a 1-0 win for me tonight! 

Happy days!!