Sign in to follow this  
ElChico

I bidded the same amount as someone else for a player and the players goes to them?

The title might be too shortened so its hard to understand what I am talking about. But Mat Hummels was at an unmanaged club and several players bidded on him, me and another club both bidded his max price, however when the decision is made at what club to go to how does the game decide what club to send him to as both managers bidded the same?

That should  not be tho, that it totally unfair and unrealistic and has nothing to do with football, thats "random" lost me a player and it should be changed, plus i would rather take advice from someone who isn't a new signing but someone higher.

2 hours ago, ElChico said:

That should  not be tho, that it totally unfair and unrealistic and has nothing to do with football, thats "random" lost me a player and it should be changed, plus i would rather take advice from someone who isn't a new signing but someone higher.

Just because I'm a new signing doesn't mean I'm new to sm(soccermanager), I just don't post much. Check my profile, I've been in the forum since 2011 and sm since 2009. So how do you want sm to decide which club the player picks?

well It makes more sense than it being random, because every player wants to be in a big team, I also have other ideas, like if the player would have any international friends there (but they have to play or had played for their national team, how much money the club would be willing to pay him (a new thing), what sort of position in the club he would be (starter, sub or reserves), there more realistic things than it being random.

On 3/11/2017 at 8:01 AM, ElChico said:

The player decides by the clubs position in the world, like who is higher in the leagues.

No, it's actually random. 

My team is the best of the GW I play in and when it happens the random bid tie, sometimes the player goes to a smaller club. If it were like you said then every time there is a bid tie, then the player should always prefer my team instead than going to a smaller club... but that's not always the case.

That said it might be possible that the bigger club has a slightly higher % of winning the bid tie, but there is still a random factor in it.

On 02/11/2017 at 7:36 PM, ElChico said:

SM claimed that they fixed this method but apparently Not, I've seen 92 rated playersto to clubs only to be bench fodder while other clubs bidding didn't even have a 90 player....

It's a complete joke of a system, take a right back as an example...... why can the bidding clubs be scanned (positional wise, I.e. all the right backs) and whoever has the worst player at right back wins the right back at maximum bid.