swanseajack

EC35130 - Port Vale Division 5 Challenge

1928.png

I've picked this game back up again and thought I'd give updates on the forum of an old school, Division 5 style challenge.

From when I last played the game, this sort of challenge has been made a lot more difficult, as the value of lower rated players has increased. I've decided to give it I'll give it a go anyway, and hopefully inspire more people to share their stories to reignite some activity in to the forum. 

I've started with Port Vale, where I have a starting budget of £5.4 million and a squad value of £6 million. By bringing in risers and young players, I'm going to see how much I can increase the squad value by, and how far up the football league I can get with Port Vale. 

HALL OF FAME

stats correct as of Season 2 - Turn 0

Club Honours

Season 1 - Division 5 Champions

Individual Honours

Season 1 - Patrick Cutrone - Division 5 Top Goalscorer (29 goals)

All Time Top Appearances

1. Andres Linde - 23 appearances

2. Machado Bebeto - 20 appearances

3. Harold Mosquera - 19 appearances

4. Zach Steffen - 18 appearances

5. Patrick Cutrone - 17 appearances

All Time Top Goalscorers

1. Patrick Cutrone - 29 goals

2. Matias Vargas - 11 goals

3. Cengiz Under - 8 goals

4. Harold Mosquera - 7 goals

= Leo Jaba - 7 goals

All Time Top Assists

1. Patrick Cutrone - 19 assists

2. Bryan Carvallo - 13 assists

3. Pablo Aranguiz - 12 assists

4. Harold Mosquera - 9 assists

= Machado Bebeto - 9 assists

Most Profitable Signings

1. Cenzig Under - £6,734,000

2. Rodri Hernandez - £6,506,000

3. Jose Gimenez - £6,404,000

4. Unain Nunez - £5,734,000

5. Patrick Cutrone - £5,772,000

Season 1 - Game Week 0

We're going to try and resist the temptation of bringing in loan signings in our first season. Having taken over the team with the biggest budget in Division 5, I'm confident enough of us having enough for promotion without taking on the additional wages of three marquee loans. I'll be using those funds to just bring in as many risers possible, as we look to get the highest squad value we can get by the end of the season.

I've started by bringing in players who should rise very early on in to the season. The players coming in at the very beginning are from Chile, Colombia, Norway, Japan, Korea and the US which are all nations that are well overdue a review. I'm likely to bring in another one or two from those nations if I can, as immediate risers would allow us to dominate this season from the start.

There's still plenty of funds for us to bring in plenty of players from Holland and Portugal, who are likely to be reviewed in March. I'm going to hold off bringing them in for the time being though, as the higher rated players I've inherited are in a better position to get us off to a strong start to the season.

Transfers In

pv1.jpg.7416b1878bed3cefe5f08ca32cf60769.jpg

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Zuluaga (74) - Koike (76) - Kay (77) - Pugh (76)

Worrall (76) - Wilson (77) - Lee (75) - Montano (75)

Pope (75) - Mosquera (75)

Season 1 - Game Week 0

Transfers In

image.png.4d7e5b8dd8e30c88d7d7b962a550957d.png 

There's been some progress in pre-season for Port Vale, as we continue to bring in players from South America that should be reviewed soon. Argentina's review is underway, so we're expecting Matias Vargas and Alan Franco to be the two earliest risers of our squad and to be very influential in the first few league games of the season. Chile is massively overdue a review, so we're hopeful that will follow Argentina, now that we've invested quite heavily in Chileans. 

The obvious exception to the signings of players we're expecting to immediately rise, is the signing of Guus Til. I was trying to hold off on signing players from Holland and Portugal for the time being, but with Guus Til I just couldn't risk not getting him. He's exceptional value for money, and for a player within our budget I struggle to see any players of his potential. He's one of the brightest U21 prospects in Holland, having been a key man for AZ for this season, starting every game and getting six goals from midfield in the half game this season. He'll be initially quite an important player for us, but when he gets reviewed I'm expecting him to be the star man of the division. He's the one player I've brought in that I'm certain I want to be keeping past the expiration of his transfer ban, as he's currently comfortably performing at an 85/86 rating. He just needs to keep performing like he currently is to achieve that, but if he can keep on improving then who knows what we might have for a club our size? 

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Koike (76) - Kay (77) - Pizzorno (76) - Pugh (76)

Til (76) - Lee (75)

Worrall (76) - Carvalho (75) - Mosquera (75)

Pope (75) 

Season 1 - Turn 5

Results

Port Vale 2-0 Chester (Worrall, Carvallo)

Yeovil Town 0-5 Port Vale (Worrall x3, Lee x2)

Aldershot Town 0-1 Port Vale (Worrall)

Port Vale 0-0 Accrington Stanley

We've started the season well, unbeaten and top of the league with ten points. Our strategy of keeping hold of some of the older Port Vale players whilst waiting for our new players to rise has been rewarded, with David Worrall in particular making a huge impact. The start of the season has vindicated our decision to pass up on higher rated loan signing to minimise our wage budget. With us starting the season like this before the impact of rating changes, anything other than winning the league this season has to be categorised as a failure. 

Rating Changes

Name Position Age Rating Exp. New Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£) Profit after Wages (£)
Matias Vargas AM 20 75 80 83 340,000 2,400,000 1,927,000
Pablo Aranguiz AM 20 73 80 80 300,000 1,200,000 843,000

We've had to wait a lot longer than anticipated for rating changes to start making an impact, with Argentina taking a lot longer than anticipated to be reviewed. We're still waiting on Argentina to be completed, and for Alan Franco to be reviewed but have had two nice rating increases. 

Matias Vargas rating increase was a real boost to us, he increased pretty significantly more than we anticipated and will now be our best player for the next month or so. The increase in his market value is immense, and will give us plenty of options to reinvest in come April.

Pablo Aranguiz was also a nice boost, given that he got his expected rating increase earlier than anticipated and with him and Vargas we now have plenty of quality in midfield. 

Transfers In

Name Position Nation Based In Age Rating Market Value (£) Expect New Rating
Pontus Dahlberg GK Sweden/England 19 77 800,000 82

We've made just the one more signing, as we took the opportunity to pick up Pontus Dahlberg following his move to Watford. It's the biggest investment on a player we've taken so far, and on a player that isn't going to even make an immediate first team impact. We've picked him up though due to his transfer to Watford, which firstly meant he was a free agent so we've managed to sign him for a cut price £650,000 and also means he's likely to be given a rating review in the next couple of weeks whether Sweden's review is completed or not. 

Current Line up

Linde (78)

Koike (76) - Kay (77) - Pizzorno (76) - Pugh (76)

Til (76) - Lee (75)

Worrall (76) - Vargas (83) - Aranguiz (80)

Pope (75) 

Nice to see these kind of threads again

The riser approach is so frustrating these days, as there is a new valuation algorithm. The returns on a rise are great if the players is under 21, 22 and and over, the financial reward can be pittance.

Season 1 - Turn 6

Results

Barnet 0-1 Port Vale (OG)

League Table (after 5 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 13 9
2 Forest Green 10 9
3 Morecambe 9 6

Rating Changes

Name Position Rating Predicted Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£) Profit after Wages (£)
Alan Franco CB 73 80 82 400,000 1,800,000 1,343,000

We've finally had our second Argentinian reviewed, as Alan Franco gets a nice rating increase beyond what we initially expected. Franco has got a promising future, and is somebody I'd back to finish the season strongly and be looking at another rating increase but it's overwhelmingly likely that he'll be sold on for profit as soon as possible regardless. I think with the money we can generate from his sale, we'll be able to bring in a few talents from the big leagues that are to be reviewed at the end of the season. In the meantime, his rating increase has given our defence a strong boost and allows us to get rid of Anthony Kay, leaving Danny Pugh and Tom Pope as the only two original Port Vale players remaining at the club. 

As slow as it's taken Argentina to be reviewed, it's given us two nice rating increases that puts our starting line up in strong shape. Hopefully the last few teams from the league can now be swiftly reviewed in the next couple of days, and we can add some more depth to our side when we see which league is next to be reviewed.

Profit by Nation

Nation Players Reviewed Rating Points Increased Total Profit after Wages (£)
Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 1 7 843,000
Total 3 24 4,113,000

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Koike (76) - Franco (82) - Pizzorno (76) - Pugh (76)

Til (76) - Lee (75)

Worrall (76) - Vargas (83) - Aranguiz (80)

Pope (75)

Season 1 - Turn 8

Results

(English Cup) Oxford United 2-1 Port Vale (Koike)

Port Vale 3-0 Leyton Orient (Pizzorno, Franco, Vargas)

Torquay United 0--4 Port Vale (Galluci Otero, Carvallo, Vargas, Pope)

League Table (after 7 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 19 16
2 Stevenage 14 6
3 Morecambe 13 5

Rating Changes

Name Position Rating Predicted Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£)   Profit after Wages (£)
Pablo Aranguiz AM 80 80 82 1,200,000 2,000,000   1,643,000
Bryan Carvallo AM 75 80 80 340,000 1,000,000   527,000
Santi Gallucci Otero DM 75 80 78 260,000 380,000   -13,000
Angelo Pizzorno CB 76 80 78 300,000 380,000   -53,000

We've had our first disappointments in regards to rating changes, as Gallucci Otero and Pizzorno failed to hit their expected ratings. Given their age, and the way that the new value system works, we'll lose money on them after we've paid for our wages, so it's definitely something to learn from when signing players in the future of a similar age.

It has been made up for by Pablo Aranguiz getting his second rating increase in the space of a week. His new rating makes a huge difference to his value and somewhat makes up for us not making money on two of our Chilean signings. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Total 6 36 5,310,000

We're in a decent position so far in terms of profit, already breaking the £5 million mark overall and despite a couple of disappointments in Chile I'm content with a cool £2 million profit overall. 

Transfers In

Name Position Nation Based In Age Rating Market Value (£) Exp. New Rating
Eduard Atuesta CM Colombia 20 76 360,000 80
Marlon Torres CB Colombia 21 76 360,000 80

We've brought in another couple of players from Colombia, in anticipation of them being reviewed next. We now have four players to be reviewed, with us already picking up Harold Mosquera and Juan Zuluagu at the start of the season. 

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Koike (76) - Pizzorno (78) - Franco (82) - Pugh (76)

Galluci Otero (78) - Til (76)

Aranguiz (82) - Vargas (83) - Carvallo (80)

Pope (75)

Our starting line up is starting to look very strong for our division, particularly in attacking midfield. With Colombia up next we should be rated 78 and above in all position bar left back by the end of next week.

Season 1 - Turn 10

Results

(English Shield Round 1) Port Vale 1-1 Burnley (Koike), Port Vale win 6-5 on penalties

Port Vale 4-0 Tranmere Rovers (Vargas 3, Aranguiz)

Exeter City 2-2 Port Vale (Mosquera, Galluci Otero)

League Table (after 9 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 23 20
2 Newport 19 8
3 Morecambe 17 8

Unbeaten start of the season continues, but more impressively we managed to knock first division side Burnley out of the English Shield to pull off our first of hopefully many giant killings. The rating changes of Vargas, Aranguiz and Franco has seen there performances dramatically improve as expected so I can't look past us winning the league at a canter. 

Rating Changes

Name Position Rating Predicted Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£)   Profit after Wages (£)
Marlon Torres CB 76 80 78 360,000 500,000   0

Colombia is underway, but the first of our rating increases is a disappointed as we'll have to settle for breaking even with Marlon Torres after wages. We've got Eduard Atuesta and Juan Zuluaga to be reviewed, with us hopeful that they reach the 80 mark rather than falling just short as it'll probably be the difference between us making a profit or a loss in Colombia. Harold Mosquera was our biggest prospect for a big rise in Colombia, but he's since moved to FC Dallas and may not be reviewed until the USA is reviewed. 

Transfers In

Name Position Name Based In Age Rating Market Value (£) Expected New Rating
Ruben Dias CB Portugal 20 78 1,000,000 84
Curtis Edwards RB Sweden 24 78 400,000 82
Fredrik Jensen Wing Holland 20 77 400,000 82
Pantelis Hatzidiakos CB Holland 21 75 700,000 82
Kik Pierie CB Holland 17 70 320,000 80

We've spent a large part of our remaining budget in anticipation of Sweden, Portugal and Holland being reviewed in March. We've  moved towards committing more money to individual players, but ones that we know we're going to make a good return on. The only player we've brought in here that I'm not completely confident we'll make good money on here is Curtis Edwards, who we'd lose money on if he hits 80 rather than 82, but given the form of Osterunds in the Europa League I'm pretty confident in him getting to 82 and us making good money on him. 

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Edwards (78) - Torres (78) - Franco (82) - Pizzorno (78)

Til (76) - Galluci Otero (78)

Mosquera (75)

All original Port Vale players have now been sold on, with the new recent signings providing us with decent depth in their absence. The only position we're short in quality in is upfront, and with £1.4 million left in our budget our next signing is likely to fill that void. 

Season 1 - Turn 13

Results

Port Vale 5-0 Wycombe Wanderers (Carvallo 2, Vargas 2, Gallucci Otero)

Crawley Town 0-4 Port Vale (Mosquera, Jensen, Vargas 2)

(English Shield Round 2) Port Vale 0-1 Watford

Port Vale 0-3 Swindon Town

Table (after 12 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 29 26
2 Morecambe 26 8
3 Newport 26 8
4 Swindon 22 16

We've got a bit of genuine competition now, with Swindon Town getting taken over and proceeding to bring in a lot of older players with a higher rating than I currently have. They now have a whole host of players rated 83 and above, and will now push me for the league title. There's nothing wrong with a bit of competition though, and it will hopefully push me on to achieve some better results in the league. If Swindon were to win all of their remaining matches, that would allow us to drop just three more points in the season to claim the league title so the pressure's on. 

Rating Changes

Name Position Rating Predicted Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£) Profit After Wages (£)
Eduard Atuesta CM 76 80 78 360,000 600,000 107,000
Juan Zuluagu RB 74 80 78 240,000 400,000 103,000

Colombia has been completed, and it must be said that it was a disappointing set of reviews for us. All three of our risers hit 78 rather than 80, which makes a big difference in terms of player value. Our biggest hope from the review, Harold Mosquera, will be reviewed with the USA which shouldn't be too long. Fortunately, we didn't lose money on any of the players, and do at least come away with a higher rated squad, and a marginal profit but we'll be hoping for better things in the Korean review. We've only Young-Jae Lee to be reviewed, and without any real knowledge of the league aren't going to gamble any more money in to the Korean review, but we're hopeful that he'll hit the predicted rating of 80.

Profit by Nation

Nation Players Reviewed Rating Points Increased
Total Profit after Wages (£)
Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
Total 6 36 5,520,00

Current Line up

Linde (78)

Zuluaga (78) - Torres (78) - Franco (82) - Pizzorno (78)

Edwards (78) - Atuesta (78)

Aranguiz (82) -  Vargas (83) - Carvallo (80)

Mosquera (75)

Season 1 - Turn 15

Results

Port Vale 2-0 Stevenage (Mosquera, Aranguiz)

Hartlepool United 0-2 Port Vale  (Aranguiz, Mosquera)

Table (after 14 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 35 30
2 Morecambe 30 15
3 Newport 30 13
4 Swindon 28 25

No points dropped since the Swindon win, but a long way of the consistency I'm going to need for the title.

Rating Changes

Name Position Rating Predicted Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£) Profit After Wages (£)
Young-Jae Lee CM 75 80 75 280,000 280,000 -133,000

Just a quick update after Korea has been completed. It's not been a good review for us at all, as Young-Jae Lee's just been forgotten about by the game. There's nothing we can really do about that, other than I guess have less of a reliance or trust on review's of leagues such as Korea. We've got until the beginning of April to wait and hope that the game rectifies the error, otherwise he'll be let go as I've not got the patience to wait and let his wages damage us more financially. The only real positive is that we've invested so little into Korea, as it really was a poor league in terms of getting any real increases in player values. 

Japan's up next, where we've currently got Ryuta Koike and Tatsuya Hasegawa. By the looks of it so far, the league's being generously reviewed so we might invest some more money into it. We are really struggling to find an appropriate rising striker in any of the league's that are set to be reviewed, which is a slight concern for us given that we've only scored four goals in our last four matches and we're having to wait longer than anticipated for Harold Mosquera to rise. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
South Korea 1 0 -133,000
Total 10 36 5,387,000

Things looking a lot less simple than they were when we had Argentina reviewed. That is the challenge of this in the current version of the game though, it wasn't going to be simple.

Current Line Up: Unchanged

Season 1 - Turn 16

Results

Port Vale 5-0 Forest Green Rovers (Pizzorno, Atuesta, Vargas, Mosquera 2)

Table (after 15 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 38 35
2 Swindon 31 30
3 Newport 31 13
4 Morecambe 30 12

Transfers In

Kentao Misao CB Japan 21 78 800,000 82
Tom Boere ST Holland 25 76 300,000 80
Philippe Sandler CB Holland 21 75 800,000 80

We decided to add Kentao Misao in for the Japanese review, as well as bringing in another couple of players that are to be reviewed in Holland which we expect to be reviewed next. Once reviewed, Tom Boere should give us some much needed strength up front whilst Sandler and Misao are both relatively versatile. Sandler was brought in as a free agent, so we ended up only spending £600,000 on him. 

The Dutch review should be very fruitful for our side, and should really take this Port Vale side on to the next level. We've now got six players to be reviewed, more than we've had for any other nation so far, and that includes our biggest prospect so far in Guus Til. 

Rating Changes

Kentao Misao CB 78 82 80 800,000 1,200,000 248,000
Ryuta Koike RB 76 80 80 340,000 1,000,000 527,000
Tatsuya Hasegawa AM 70 78 80 80,000 800,000 663,000

Even though we've still made money on Kentao Misao, I'm disappointed as I was fairly confident he'd hit his predicted rating. He's managed to break in to the Japanese national team, and given how many minutes he played last season I'm surprised he's not been reviewed more generously. He definitely deserves to be a higher rating than the other two players, but on the whole we've done well with the review. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
South Korea 1 0 -133,000
Japan 3 16 1,438,000
Total 13 58 6,825,000

Japan fared a lot better for us than the Korean review, and what's even more encouraging for us at the moment was the pace of the Japanese review which consistently managed three teams a day. If we can maintain this pace, then the Eredivisie will be done by a week today, which would be brilliant. 

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Koike (80) - Misao (80) - Franco (82) - Pizzorno (78)

Edwards (78) - Atuesta (78) 

Boere (76)

Subs rated 80+: Hasegawa (80)

Season 1 - Turn 17

Results

Macclesfield Town 1-5 Port Vale (Aranguiz 2, Hasegawa 2, Boere)

Table (after 16 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 41 39
2 Swindon 34 34
3 Newport 31 9
4 Morecambe 30 10

Rating Changes

Name Position Rating Predicted Rating New Rating Initial Market Value (£) New Market Value (£) Profit after Wages (£)
Fredrik Jensen CM/AM 77 82 82 400,000 2,000,000 1,448,000
Guus Til CM/AM 76 83 83 400,000 2,400,000 1,867,000
Pantelis Hatzidiakos CB/RB 75 82 80 700,000 1,600,000 767,000
Philippe Sandler CB/DM 75 80 82 800,000 2,200,000 1,267,000
Tom Boere ST 75 80 80 300,000 700,000 267,000
Kik Pierie CB/LB 70 80 80 320,000 1,600,000 1,223,000

Pretty much got exactly what we expected from the review, with Hatzidiakos's review slightly disappointing but made up for with Philippe Sandler rising better than expected. The pace of the review though was particularly pleasing, with the league complete in four days. 

Next up we're looking at either Portugal or the USA. I've still got £545,000 to spend from my initial budget, which I'll invest into bringing in one or two more players in from those leagues. If the pace of the reviews are maintained at the moment, those leagues should be completed before you know it and hopefully they'll move on to Norway and Sweden where I have players overdue a review. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
South Korea 1 0 -133,000
Japan 3 16 1,438,000
Netherlands 6 39 6,839,000
Total 19 97 13,664,000

The Dutch review has doubled our profit for the club so far, and has made a hugely positive impact to the balance sheets. We'll have plenty of options now when players transfer bans start expiring from the beginning of April.

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Hatzidiakos (80) -  Sandler (82) - Franco (82) - Pierie (80)

Til (83) - Jensen (82)

Boere (80)

Notable substitutes: Koike (80), Hasegawa (80), Misao (80)

Following the Dutch review, our starting line up is now looking incredibly strong in comparison to what we started off with. All of our outfield is rated above 80, with us now having the luxury of having three 80 rated substitutes. 

12 hours ago, safir1 said:

Nice thread 

Made me buy a prospect too ;)

Houssem Aouer? Yeah, I'd have probably tried to bring him in later on.

Our team at the moment would probably give you a game, but I imagine by the next time I face Swindon it'll be a completely different side. 

This is the Swindon Town side that we're up against this season in our aim to win the league title. I imagine next season is going to be very close as well between us and Swindon as well. Swindon are well ahead of us at the moment, we're catching up week by week but we've got plenty of time before we're at there level given the ratings of some of their older players.

Storari (86)

Stankevicius (83) - Spahic (83) - Bosingwa (83) - Lescott (83)

Nivet (85) - Trashorras (83)

Van De Beek (86) - Conca (86) - Palacio (86)

Nilmar (86)

Season 1 - Turn 18

Results

Port Vale 2-0 Newport County (Pierie, Boere)

Table (after 17 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 44 41
2 Swindon 37 38
3 Morecambe 31 10
4 Newport 31 7

Transfers In

Name Position Name Based In Age Rating Market Value (£) Expected New Rating
Machado Bebeto RB Portugal 28 75 233,000 82
Nuno Tomas CB Portugal 22 70 240,000 80

Two more cheap transfers came in for the Portuguese review. We've got next to no funds remaining now, and I'm not sure if we're going to be able to bring in any players for the Turkish review which looks like it's coming up next.

Rating Changes

Ruben Dias CB 78 84 85 1,000,000 5,000,000 3,848,000
Machado Bebeto RB 75 82 83 233,000 1,500,000 1,134,000
Nuno Tomas CB 70 80 80 240,000 1,000,000 703,000

The review was overwhelmingly successful for us as in Ruben Dias we now have our highest rated player, as well as the most profit we've made on a player so far by a significant distance.

Profit by Nation

Nation Players Reviewed Rating Points Increased Total Profit after Wages (£) % Return
Argentina 2 17 3,270,000 556.94
Chile 4 19 2,040,000 272.88
Colombia 3 6 210,000 115.67
South Korea 1 0 -133,000 67.80
Japan 3 16 1,438,000 217.87
Netherlands 6 39 6,839,000        334.21
Portugal 3 26 5,685,000 485.94
Total 22 123 19,349,000        311.36

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Bebeto (83) - Franco (82) - Dias (85) - Pierie (80)

Til (83) - Sandler (82)

Aranguiz (82) - Vargas (83) - Jensen (82)

Boere (80)

Notable substitutes: Hatzidiakos (80), Tomas (80), Koike (80), Misao (80), Hasegawa (80), Carvallo (80)

The team's now looking incredibly stronger after the Portuguese and Dutch reviews. We're now already beginning to look strong enough for Division 2, not even half way through our first season in Division 5. 

The transfers bans of players begin to expire on the 1st April, and in that week we'll raise capital north of £10 million to reinvest in more money spinning signings. The side will take a few steps backwards short term, with the likes of Aranguiz, Vargas, Til and Franco all leaving but we should still have enough about us to be winning games given the vast depth in quality we now have. 

Season 1 - Turn 20

Results

Wrexham 1-4 Port Vale (Til, Jensen, Sandler 2)

Port Vale 5-1 Morecambe (Til, Boere 2, Aranguiz, Dias)

Table (after 19 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 50 48
2 Swindon 43 45
3 Newport 35 10

Transfers In

Joseph Attamah CB/DM Turkey 23 80 800,000 85

Transfers Out

Name Position Rating Apps Goals Assists MOTM Average Rating
Tatsuya Hasegawa AM 80 4 2 3 0 6.75
Angelo Pizzorno LB 78 16 2 0 0 6.25
Santiago Gallucci Otero DM 78 10 3 0 0 6.5

Pizzorno and Galluci Otero made significant impacts for us early on in the season, Hasegawa only got a look in right at the end of his spell here but impressed. 

Rating Changes

Joseph Attamah CB/DM 80 85 83 800,000 2,000,000 972,000

There's only the one player reviewed for us in Turkey, and whilst Attamah didn't get the rating we were hoping for, we've still made good money on him and he goes in to the first team. With Til and Vargas about to leave us, he'll form a key part of a new look midfield. 

We're hoping for the US to be reviewed next as we're waiting on rating changes on Harold Mosquera, Tyler Adams and Nick Lima but it looks like it might well by Russia. Now that transfer bans have expired, we'll now have the money though to bring in who we want from Russia if it is next. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
South Korea 1 0 -133,000
Japan 3 16 1,438,000
Portugal 3 26 5,685,000
Turkey 1 3 972,000
Total 23 126 20,321,000

Current Line Up

Linde (78)

Bebeto (83) - Franco (82) - Dias (85) - Pierie (80)

Attamah (83) - Sandler (82)

Aranguiz (82) - Til (83) - Vargas (83) 

Boere (80)

Notable substitutes: Jensen (82), Hatzidiakos (80), Tomas (80), Koike (80), Misao (80), Carvallo (80)

Season 1 - Turn 22

Results

Chester 0-4 Port Vale (Vargas, Sandler, Boere, Pierie)

Port Vale 4-1 Yeovil Town (Boere, Sandler 2, Miranchuk)

Table (after 21 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 56 55
2 Swindon 49 54
3 Stevenage 39 7

Transfers In

Name Position Nation Based In Age Rating Market Value (£) Expected New Rating
Patrick Cutrone ST Italy 20 82 4,000,000 87
Dennis Geiger CM Germany 19 82 2,800,000 86
Ibrahim Konate CB/DM Germany 18 80 2,000,000 84
Konstantin Kuchaev AM Russia 20 78 600,000 83
Robin Zentner GK Germany 23 78 400,000 83
Anton Miranchuk CM/RM Russia 22 77 1,000,000 84
Declan Rice CB/DM England 19 77 700,000 83
Zach Steffan GK USA 23 76 340,000 82
Jeremy Gelin CB France 20 75 380,000 82
Latif Blessing AM USA 21 73 360,000 80

Now that we have funds in, we had an awful lot of options for risers given that the big five leagues should all be reviewed when these transfer bans have expired. We're only bringing in players that we feel we're going to get more than twice our money back on, and some of the cheaper signings should see us have a return of over four times our initial investment.

Before these host of signings, our record signing was £1 million, which we've now well and truly smashed with the marquee signing of Patrick Cutrone who slots straight in to our first team and will be setting his sights on Matias Vargas's goal scoring record. 

Transfers Out

Matias Vargas AM 83 16 11 5 6 8.19
Guus Til CM 83 12 2 4 1 7
Pablo Aranguiz AM 82 16 6 12 2 7.87
Alan Franco CB 82 16 1 0 0 7.31
Bryan Carvallo AM 80 16 4 13 1 7.81
Ryuta Koike RB 80 12 2 0 0 6.25
Juan Zuluaga RB 78 9 0 0 0 6.34
Young-Jae Lee CM 75 6 2 1 0 6.5

It was time for some of our initial stars to move on, most notably Matias Vargas who's been our best player so far in this journey. Pablo Aranguiz, Bryan Carvallo and Alan Franco also all key players to have moved on as the initial South American spine of our team has been replaced by a European based one. 

At the time of there departures, Matias Vargas has the highest average rating, goals and man of the match awards for Port Vale, whilst Bryan Carvallo has the most assists. 

Rating Changes

Zach Steffan GK 76 82 82 280,000 1,800,000 1,387,000
Harold Mosquera ST 75 82 82 380,000 1,600,000 1,073,000
Latif Blessing AM 73 80 78 360,000 700,000 283,000
Tyler Adams CM/FB 70 80 80 240,000 1,400,000 1,097,000
Nick Lima RB 70 77 78 70,000 400,000 267,000

We've done well with the US review, with four of our five reviewed players hitting there targets. We eventually get the long awaited rating increase from Mosquera, who now goes back in to the first team until he's moved on. Zach Steffan and Tyler Adams were the other two major rating increases, which was expected given that both have broke in to the US national team, and with those three we've managed to make our third highest profit from a nation after Portugal and Holland.

We're not completely certain which nation will be reviewed next, but we're very much hopeful that it will be either Norway or Sweden as they're the only two nations where we brought in players from initially that are awaiting a review. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
South Korea 1 0 -133,000
Japan 3 16 1,438,000
Portugal 3 26 5,685,000
Turkey 1 3 972,000
USA 5 36 4,107,000
Total 23 126 24,428,000

It's all been very much uphill since South Korea and Colombia for us. We've definitely got the hang of this, and are doing things more systematically in calculating the likely profit if a player is to hit the rating we expect before signing them. We're either looking for at least a 250% profit on a player, or if we're very confident of a player hitting a rating (in the case of Cutrone or Geiger) then we'll take a 200% profit.

Best XI

Steffan (82)

Sandler (82) - Dias (85) - Attamah (83)

Bebeto (83) - Geiger (82) - Jensen (82) - Adams (80)

Mosquera (82) - Boere (80)

Cutrone (82)

Notable substitutes: Pierie (80), Hatzidiakos (80), Misao (80), Tomas (80), Konate (80)

We're switching formations just to try and fit in the highest rated players that we can. We've got an abundance of quality in terms of centre backs and holding midfielders, but are lacking quality wingers and attacking players. We've still brought in predominantly centre backs, as they're the most profitable players to bring in and we still should have more than enough about us to win the title with this side. It's not really taken too much of a knock, as we've brought in three players of quality and we now have a strong goalkeeper with Zach Steffan coming in and hitting the rating we'd hoped. With a strong goalkeeper, we now for the first time have a team with everyone rated at least 80. 

Really enjoying the write-up, I started a LLM career myself and got Andreas Linde, but he is the worst performer in my team. :) In contrast, with a rating of 8.50, Jeremy Gelin has been amazing. As for attacking playmakers/wingers, Tatsuya Ito and Jamie Hopcutt both cost less than 500k, but have (low) initial ratings to match.

Season 1 - Turn 24

Results 

Port Vale 4-0 Aldershot Town (Cutrone 3, Bebeto)

Accrington Stanley 1-5 Port Vale (Cutrone 2, Mosquera, Jaba, Adams)

Table (after 23 games)

Team Points GD
1 Port Vale 62 63
2 Swindon 55 66
3 Stevenage 44 `11

Transfers In

Name Position Nation Based In Age Rating Market Value (£) Expected New Rating
Alexander Corryn LB Belgium 24 78 400,000 83
Gaeten Hendrickx DM Belgium 23 78 400,000 82
Leo Jaba AM/ST Russia 19 77 400,000 80
Christian Luyindama CB/DM Belgium 24 76 320,000 83
Timur Zhamaletdinov AM/ST Russia 20 75 340,000 80

We correctly anticipated the Belgian review would follow Russia, and have got three players that we're hoping to get profits of between three and six times our initial investment on.

Transfers Out

Nick Lima RB 78 0 0 0 0 N/A

Rating Changes

Anton Miranchuk CM/RM 80 84 83 1,000,000 2,200,000 972,000
Konstantin Kuchaev AM 78 83 80 600,000 1,200,000 448,000
Leo Jaba AM/ST 77 80 82 400,000 2,000,000 1,448,000
Timur Zhamaletdinov AM/ST 75 80 78 340,000 600,000 127,000

It was generally a disappointing review, as the fringe players at the top clubs didn't get nearly as generous reviews as the players playing regularly at the struggling clubs which I didn't anticipate. Anton Miranchuk definitely deserved a higher review in my opinion, given that he'll now be an important player for Russia at the World Cup but we still made an okay amount of money on him and he fits nicely in to our starting line up. Leo Jaba is the clear highlight of the review, getting a higher rating than we expected and just about getting into our top five most profitable players so far. 

Profit by Nation

Argentina 2 17 3,270,000
Chile 4 19 2,040,000
Colombia 3 6 210,000
South Korea 1 0 -133,000
Japan 3 16 1,438,000
Portugal 3 26 5,685,000
Turkey 1 3 972,000
USA 5 36 4,107,000
Russia 4 13 2,995,000
Total 32 175 27,423,000

Starting XI

Steffan (82)

Sandler (82) - Dias (85) - Attamah (83)

Bebeto (83) - Miranchuk (83) - Geiger (83) - Adams (80)

Mosquera (82) - Jaba (82)

Cutrone (82)

Notable Subs: Tomas (80), Hatzidiakos (80), Pierie (80), Konate (80), Jensen (82), Kuchaev (80), Boere (80)

We're looking stronger than ever at the moment, and once Belgium's reviewed I'm expecting that we'll have a starting line up fully compiled of players rated 82 or above as Alexander Corryn should fill the only void in replacing Tyler Adams. Patrick Cutrone's already managed to bag himself five goals in two games, and the team's built for him to smash the top goalscorer record for the club.

any idea is the thing where you can't respond to the thread sometimes a bug? :D

it just has the reply function hidden and the quote function hidden and it's just read only aha

semi against man city next 

i hope my ass gets kicked gently rather than the other way 

team 1 will face off against team 2

1.png

2.png

Now we will see what the hero of this thread (Port Vale) has been battling with all season (Swindon) and how the top teams at the division 5 level compare against run-away division 1 leaders and likely winners of the Premier League this season 

I suppose Port Vale at the very least aren't very far away from being able to win a cup either next season or the one after that with how the team valuation is developing. Swindon is lagging a bit behind in team valuations (at about 40% of Port Vale's current squad value) to mount the same kind of a challenge across competitions 

Scoreline close but dominated in stats 

Swansea, we have quite a lot of work still to do to take over this gameworld lol

xd.png

Going to sell my team now as soon as possible to minimize wages and assemble a new one for the next season