Sign in to follow this  
sheva20

Profound and Touching Quotes Thread

Since i am bored at the moment and i have nothing else to do...I have somehow stumbled upon some great quotes which i have more than enjoyed reading. I will post here some of the best ones that i have seen today and ones that have really touched me. So i devote this thread to PROFOUND QUOTES . Please dont post any other type of quotes. If u find that something has really touched you...plz post here and many ppl, im sure, will be more than glad to have a look at them. I'm terribly sorry if there is a thread similar to this, in which case can u please tell me without having a go at me:o :P . Cheers. Get posting fellas;) B) .

Remember...everyones quotes will be welcomed here. So post post post:D .

Re: Profound and Touching Quotes Thread

One of my favourites:

"Come to the edge" he said. They were afraid. "Come to the edge" he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.

Very profound that one. If anyone doesnt understand. An explanation will follow:cool: . Thats another part of the thread...if someone doesnt understand...ppl can give their interpretation of what they think is the meaning of the quote:D .

"One day you will ask me which is more important? my life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life."

Another good one. Doesnt need much explanation. Very thought provoking:) .

"Don’t write your name on sand, waves will wash it away.

Don’t write your name in sky, wind may blow it away.

Write your name in hearts of people you come in touch with.

That’s where it will stay."

All things are connected

like the blood that unites us.

We did not weave the web of life,

We are merely a strand in it.

Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty."

Maya Angelou

This one, especially since it is coming from Maya Angelou has a much deeper meaning.

Any thoughts:) ?

Good thread Anyway (Maybe Done Before Not Sure)

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:7, 11-12

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God, and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."

Good thread Anyway (Maybe Done Before Not Sure)

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love' date=' but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

1 John 4:7, 11-12

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God, and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God ... Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us."[/quote']

Thx Shels:D . Those are some nice archaic ones but i wouldn't say i understand them fully:o .

"When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as if you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that’s just the place and time that the tide’ll turn."

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces' date=' I would still plant my apple tree." - Martin Luther

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell

Couldn't resist. :D[/quote']

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death...I can assure them it is much more serious than that."

I read that in a magazine somewhere B)

Guest the plummer

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces' date=' I would still plant my apple tree." - Martin Luther

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier." - Colin Powell

Couldn't resist. :D[/quote']

Teb If Am Honest a Dont Undertand Either:o

Care To Explain :D

Sure. :)

The first one means that even if there is no future you should still do the right thing. It is also about doing the right things in the knowledge that they will outlive you, so in the absence of hope you should still take pride in all you do.

The second I just take to mean that being optimistic makes you stronger, and that if you approach things optimistically you have a better chance of success.

My own dodgy interpretations on both. :D

Guest the plummer

Sure. :)

The first one means that even if there is no future you should still do the right thing. It is also about doing the right things in the knowledge that they will outlive you' date=' so in the absence of hope you should still take pride in all you do.

The second I just take to mean that being optimistic makes you stronger, and that if you approach things optimistically you have a better chance of success.

My own dodgy interpretations on both. :D[/quote']

the first one is a very inspirational one tbh , thanks teb

iv got a few

" they can because they think they can"

"Would Rather Be Hated For The Person I Am Than Loved For The Person I Aint"

"beauty captures the imagination, personality captures the heart"

ther my favourites

Cheers for the contributions guys. Some very good ones there...and Teb i understood ur first one. Its very inspirational. Coming from Martin Luthor king at hard times for the dark people...it was no easy thing to say at the time...thats what makes it so special.

I got my own dodgy intepretation of it as well.:P this is what i thought:o

Even if everyone was goign to die tomorrow...he will play his part in helping to preserve some sort of life form. So some optimism there...and optimism was very difficult at his times. A very nice one. thanks for sharing:D

In taking revenge a man is but equal to his enemy, but in passing it over he is his superior.

Francis Bacon

I know it's been a long time since this thread was last posted on, but come on who doens't love quotes like these:D

Guest Park Ji Sung

"I am amazing, as has been verified by everyone important." Park Ji Sung.