Sign in to follow this  
Dan Griffin

Your First Ever SM Club. Where Are They Now? Still Manage Them?

Well i was just going through my clubs checking the new rating changes bla bla bla and i noticed AS Roma in Euro 66, my first ever SM Club, still got them too, and i was just wandering if you lot would like to share your first ever sm club who they are and what setup, if you still have them etc. Heres mine:

240_front_small.gif123_1192673039.gif12_front_small.gif

AS Roma - European Championship 66.

Managed them since season 3 and were now on the last turn of season 9.

Success Story.

I Took over Roma in the final turn of season 3 and they were currently bottom and we needed to beat 2nd from bottom Newcastle i think it was at the time and needed Inter to beat Villarreal so we could get out of relegation and even finish high as 3rd. Well the best happend and we ended up finishing 3rd ending 4 points from automatic promotion. I also done my first deal, selling Totti for makelele, Malouda and 15mil. of course this was a bargain for the Chelsea manager as i had no idea how good that was as i was a total n0oB at this game when i started.

into the 4th season i ended up finishing fifth with some bad results but nevertheless still building the squad up. Squad size was now 26 from the original 18. Then also in the 4th season i lured Spanish sensation Cesc Fabregas from Arsenal who then became captain at the club for 6 seasons also scoring 14 goals from the Central midfield position.

In the fifth season i won my first Honour; Runners up in the Euro Champ Cup losing 4-3 on penalties to Newcastle but also finishing 3rd in the league just missing out on play offs as they had been introduced just after the end of the season. Mascherano then arrived to bolster the central midfield position and to give strength to the side. The squad size was now 31.

Spending 4 seasons in Division 2 missing out on the promotion and building the squad to adapt with the other squads, I earned my first league honour in sm finishing runners up in the league finishing 2 points behind Newcastle who also beat us to the Champ Cup last season. Top signings such as Michael Carrick and Gianlugi Buffon arrived in Rome for a combined fee of £40mill.

First season in division 1 and Roma finished 4th, not bad compared with playing AC Milan Manchester United Barcelona and Real Madrid as they all had big squads full of all the latest talents. But we were a small club and would produce upsets and get results when needed, we showed that by losing only 4 games and beating all the big teams at one stage, that season saw Martin Skrtel and Pepe arrive in CB for Roma providing cover for the injured Phillipe Mexes, he then further on lost his place to Skrtel following his rise to 92. Roma went all the way to the final playing Newcastle again and this time Griffin wanted succes, as the final whistle went i looked at the match report and Roma had thrashed Newcastle 4-1 in the final to give Griffin his first trophy on sm.

Season 8 and Roma finished in the same position as last season but this time only 9 points from top spot as we saw newly crowned Real Madrid take the glory but last seasons division 1 winners Barcelona were close behind on 29 points and Real on 30. This was a sad season for Roma as we not only lost the cup in the final again to atletico madrid, but also saw Roma legend Fabregas leave the club for a deal which saw Xavi and Yaya Toure join the Italian stars. But new managers came into other clubs and i thought id have a crack at getting some bargain deals and i did, bringing Berbaov, Kanoute, Luis Fabiano and Robbie Keane to the attacking force, Roma looked the side to beat in division 1.

As we enter the stages of last season, i did say Roma looked the side to beat, and they were only beaten 2 times which lead Griffin to his first ever league title when Roma won the league on the final day beating Barcelona 3-1 at home which saw us leap frog over Barca. New boys Berbatov and Kanoute racked up 13 goals between them in a season which will stay in Griffins mind forever.

Currently in season 10 and 2 turns left, today we host AC Milan at home, were currently 4th on 16 points losing 4 times this season we are 3 points from second bottom and 4 points from 3rd Real Madrid, we have to beat AC Milan today to get further away from safety and then we play Marseille away on the final day. Gerrard Pique has been the only transfer for Roma this season when he signed for £11million. Currently negotiating for Arjen Robben of Madrid but the manager isnt replying to my offers
:o
so things arnt looking good for him. Join this setup if you wish, teams are availible, the most famous team left is Newcastle, being Roma's biggest rival throughout the course of this setup. Lyon Spurs, Villarreal and Dortmund are also free. European Championship 66 - My succuess Story
:)

Hope you enjoyed it and i hope to see other members success stories who havnt had the chance to share with the sm community through the blog like i havn't.

Dan.

Re: Your First Ever SM Club. Where Are They Now?, Still Manage Them?

AC Milan in a WC, these were the days when it used to cost to play SM.

Haven't got a clue where they are now, it was such a long time ago that on the add new team page they're not even there:o

Chelsea in a small private English setup. Still manage them, the first season went pretty good (won the league, finalist in the Cup and semi-finalist in the Shield), the 2nd not so good (early lost in the cups, only 2nd in the league), and now in the 3rd back on form with 6 wins and no loss ;)

Guest Football8

Tottenham Hotspur, World Championship 1306. :)

Preston in EC106. Promoted after 2 seasons, Cup winners after 4 seasons, relegated after 5 seasons. Started with a bog standard Preston team from the 2006-07 season plus a player called Barbosa Alecsandro. Now here is my starting XI

Jaaskelainen

Glen Johnson----Jagielka----Upson----Aurelio

Valencia----Ireland----Parker----Marin

Crouch----Jovetic

Celtic WC 781 -

Started in division 2 and throughout the majority of the season maintained top spot only for the final quarter to end terribly with me slipping down the table to fourth. It was between me Spurs and Hamburg in the last two weeks to see who ended up 2nd as (Teje) had wrapped the league up and I forgot to do tactics and got nothing!

Season 2

I don't want to talk about it and all I will say is I lost on final day by a single point.

Season 3

First taste of Div 1 football and what a season (not for me) but the top three all finishing on 68 points I finished on 58 and lost the Cup Final to Liverpool.

Season 4

Took a break from them asked Dai if he would look after them he got them relagated. :D

Season 5

Dai soon quit them I then wanted another bash at them and guess what?

No I didn't win sweet fa I lost the league on Goal difference to Marseille.

Season 6

Not paid much attention to them this season sitting 12th with 12 games gone but had some tasty results. 5 past Madrid Barca and Chelsea :eek:

A screwed up CSKA Moskva in WC855, where the previous manager sold Akinfeev for 14m, and Vagner Love for around the same price, and bought brandao for 10m, and aoute(spelling)(depor israel keeper) for 15m:eek::eek:

Managed to get them promoted, now in its 4th season, got quite a number of prospects in team, with high rated players too. Finished runners-up in the last season.

First ever SM club i took from scratch was Liverpool in WC1511(so happen my favourite RL club is 'Pool too). Didnt sign anyone in the first season, before deciding to invest heavily in youths the next. Did Cup double in 2nd season, and Div 1 Winners in the 3rd. On course for a 2nd Div 1 medal, but i clicked wrongly and accepted the Milan job offer just a few days ago. Quitted the setup immediately.

Leeds United in an early English Championship, and I'm still going better than ever.

Took them over when they in the relegation zone at the end of the second season (back when they were in Division 2). Saved them that season, reached the playoff final and Cup final next season (put out a weak side because I was concentrating on the league and lost to Spurs on penalties :rolleyes:).

Came runners-up in Div 2 next season (lost the league on GD), and now I'm averaging 2nd/3rd in the league currently, half-way through Season 5. The setups sort of become like a GC now however, with no team's selling players and I'm stuck with tons of money that I can't actually use. Which is a shame because my average starting line-up is 90 and I can't improve it because people only want P/E for their good players.

Oh well, still my favourite team. :)

Fenerbache World Championship 140!

63_front_small.gif350_1205176289.gif12_front_small.gif

I first joined Fenerbache on 20th January 2008 and this was the first team I ever had. At the start it was a tough challenge but as the seasons went by it got easier.

I Joined Fenerbache at the very start of season 5. In Season 4 Fenerbache were relegated and the chairman brought me in in season 5.I Bought Some Really Good Players but at the start I started off fighting against relegation but then I Started fighting for the top 10.

Star Players Bought In Season 5 :

Pernambucano Juninho For £35M

Daniel Guiza on Loan

Jerome Rothen For £12M

Mladen Petric For £13M

Roberto Abbondanzieri for £2.4M

Unfortunately, I finished 9th in the league and would've hoped to do much better with Fenerbache but that same year I was the runner-up in the World Championship Shield . Werder Bremen were the champions!

At The Moment I am Sporting Lisbon in the same championship but atm Fenerbache are managed but when they come available I might move back!

Plymouth Argyle in EC36, back then there were no Exeter sides to take :o

Had them for 334 games now..

Season 2: Div 3 runners-up

Season 3: 19th in Div 2

Season 4: Div 3 winners

Season 5: 5th in Div 2

Since then I've lost a little interest in them, but still kept them :)

Season 6: 15th in Div 2

Season 7: 10th in Div 2

Season 8: 14th in Div 2

15th this season after 10 games.

Main players are Mandanda, Giggs, Barnetta, Ben Arfa and Zarate

Want to start taking more interest in them and get them to division 1 but been too busy lately so it'll have to wait a month or 2 :rolleyes:

mine was porto bought rooney robinho silva ochoa beckham to the team in 3 seasons

wen i took over qauresma was gone as was pepe and lucho finish 3 in my last season where as i had finished 15 the 2 previous seasons

lost them wen comp broke

my first team was fenerbahce.i took them and from division 2 i have promoted to division 1.and in first season in division 1 i was champion,and in second season also champion.so this is my first and my favourite team:)

tactics.php

Bristol City in ec 14, Had them from a clean city team,

Season 1

11th in league 3,

Season 2

setup-history.php?action=tables&country=ENG&sid=499

Won the league by 10 points in league 3, MURRAY made the top scorers with 10 goals in 33 games

Season 3

http://www.soccermanager.com/setup-history.php?action=tables&country=ENG&sid=2169

won the league 2 by 4 points, MARIANO PAVONE got 17 goals in 32 games and got in the top scorers

Season 4

14th in league one, MARIANO PAVONE got 16 in 34 for his second season running

Season 5

16th in league one

Season 6

19th in league 1, Relegated to divison 2 , MARIANO PAVONE got 14 in 33

Season 7

7th in league 2, Dont want to remember this one because i was 2 points out side the playoffs

Season 8

8th in league 2, 9 points out side play offs

Season 9

So far this season, sitting in 10th, played 6 drew 2 won 2 lost 2

joined sm a year ago and took over southampton in ec1509 starting with original players. I'm now 3rd best manager in the whole setup.

1st season 3rd division winners

2nd season 2nd division 7th place:rolleyes:

3rd season currently 1st after 8 games in division 2

current 1st team

Lloris, Maicon, Chiellini, Godin, Jesus Navas, Mascherano, Felipe Melo, Riera, Benzema, Pato, Ibrahimovic

Had some extremely good fortune in the transfer market including the man united manager buying bosingwa from external using chiellini as straight swap so i bought chiellini for chairmans value as soon as his TB was over. Also some dumb deals made by other managers like i sold Carioca for 13m after he had gone up, bought Pato for Palermo + Tonetto +3m when he was still 89.

My favourite club on SM, I will never quit this team unless i have no choice e.g. no internet, computer breaks.

ONE DAY I WILL WIN DIVISION 1 TITLE LOL:D

I joined soccer manager about a year and a half ago, with my old account. That accounts clubs were deleted because i changed my password and forgot it. Password reminder i hear you say, well i was using my friends secondary email account which he forgot the password for, so yeah. Anyway my first club was Lazio in WC 1295 which my friends who introduced me to SM were in and i made my account at their house so they insisted i got a club in that league. I bought Fabio Quaglierri (spelling) for 13m, who is my first ever signing on SM. I left them after about 3 weeks for River Plate who were higher in the league but i quit them a bit later. That was when i was a noob at SM and quitted every team i got after 2 games lol. They are currently managed, but not by me :( and when they are unmanaged im defo going for them. Since i left a year and a half ago they have dropped from mid-table mediocrity to a team fighting for survival in div 2. I really want to take over again and change around their fortunes :rolleyes:.

Had Nottingham Forest for a few games in EC139, then moved to Reading.

Still have the Reading, I religiously check that result first before any other, because its my favourite.

Squad:

Julio Cesar,

Fritz, Laursen, Bonera, Barzagli, Capdevila, Boesnich, Brandao

Beckham, Paulo Assuncao, Rolfes, Ibagaza, Santi Carzola, Trochowski, Fletcher, Figo, Taison, K.Asamoah, Baumann, Gourcuff, Dzagoev

Amauri, Crouch, Pizarro, Rosenberg.

And some other youth.

A Leeds United. Took them over in Season 2, 10 games in. Average rating of squad was about 80, most players were old. By far my least successful side, INCLUDING GC's. Quite competitive actually, and for some reason my tactics never seem to work.

First dealings were players like Matt Oakley and Craig Fagan - basically transfer listed players. I then bought loads of old guys (Tarnat, Horshkov, Tikhonov, Christante, Serginho, some striker). This was back when there were no play-offs. Still getting used to the game, finished 10th in Div 2 (they had been promoted previously).

Second season (Season 3), when I started bringing in higher rated players. When I sold off all the risers I got from BestPay and TomOwen, I signed the likes of Lloris (90), Marcelo (89), Pato (87 - loan), Mikel (90) and some others who escape me. Another disappointing season - finished 8th.

Season 4 (my 3rd). Now scouting myself and knowing the game quite well. More risers, changing the first team around. Manage to sign myself Higuain for £25m, fighting off stiff competition from Newcastle. Don't forget - at this stage any good player is taken. Was quite proud with persuading the manager to sell him. Sold Marcelo for £30m. Big changes. Flirted with the play-offs all season and scraped in at the end. Played my second string and lost 3-1.

And that's it. Season is over, Play-off final is on Sunday, and next season I hope to go up automatically, although I'm not holding my breath. Also, currently selling off large numbers of players to try and reduce my squad size from 130, to 100 first, then eventually to 80 or so.

First team:

Lloris 90

Westermann 91 - Thiago Silva 89 - Criscito 89

Fernando 89

Park 90 - Mikel 91 - Felipe Melo 91 - Mata 89

Higuain 90 - Negredo 89

Second string:

Romero 87

Motta 88 - Djourou 88 - Bocchetti 88

Vidal 88

Augusto 89 - Lemoine 88 - Kuzmanovic 89 - Sanchez 88

Helmes 89 - Dzeko 89

Reserves

-Not Needed-

Henrique 88 - Davies 88 - De Ceglie 88

Busquets 85

Blanco 88 - Dzagoev 87 - Aliyev 87 - Vitale 86

Keirrison 87 - Hoarau 89

Bear in mind that I am looking to sell a lot of those reserves when TB's end (Henrique, Davies, Blanco, Hoarau).

My other youths I have of note (I only keep the ones that should rise again) are:

Cissokho 86

Moisander 85

Santon 86

Rafael 86

VD Wiel 86

Moreno 87

Kjaer 87

Howedes 86

Marcano 84

Rodwell 83

Jean 86

Wijnaldum 85

Asamoah 85

Fer 85

Ramsey 84

Delph 80

Baumjohann 85

Taison 83

Wilshere 80

Toivonen 86

Arnautovic 85

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=594531&clubid=1703806&sid=4935

I have 28 out on loan, but I plan to sell 10 of them.

I do realise that I am squad hogging, which I hate, so I plan to cut it down so the reserves are generally just youngsters, and not players like Hoarau. I only need 2 good players in each position.

As for the high amount of players, I feel that is fine as long as most are youngsters. Which a large chunk of my team is.

I first took over a Leeds United team a little over a year and a half ago, and haven't looked back since. It was a fairly competitive English Championship and I picked them up midway through the 3rd season.

In the first season I was learning the game and adapting my ways, with an average Leeds United squad to contend with and a few signings with previous managers I had little to work with. However, after signing some 'golden oldies' such as David James, Lee Carsley, Kevin Phillips and Tugay, my team was given some much needed rating boosts. However, after finding the forum I was able to purchase some talents, the most prolific one being Giovinco who I was fortunate to pick up rated a mere 80. Thankfully, I was able to gain promotion to division 2, although it must be said it was largey down to the work previously done before me.

As I entered division 2 for the first time, I prepared a team I believed would be able to challenge for automatic promotion. This was back in a time where play off's were a thing of the future so finishing in the top 3 was my only option. Signing some players such as Ashley Young, Raul Tamudo, Roque Santa Cruz, Mariano Pernia, Marco Donadel and Alberto Aquilani, I had assembled a quality team with the little resources available to me. Sadly, I missed out on promotion by three points after a disapointing end to the season.

Ashley Young and Roque Santa Cruz left me for a combined fee of 41 million pounds + Jonathon Woodgate. This money went some way in allowing me to afford, Piotr Trochowski, Alesandro Rosina, Vincenzo Iaquinta, Cristian Zapata and Mathiue Delpierre. Sadly once again I missed out on automatic promotion, but with the introduction of the play-off system I still had a chance. However, penalty shoot-out despair was to hit Elland Road, and Leeds now faced a 3rd consecutive season in division 2.

After realising my team lacked something, I set about assembling a new side, with no player exempt from the dreaded chop. Players to leave Elland Road included Marco Donadel after 2 seasons, Raul Tamudo, Iaquinta, Jonathon Woodgate, Mateo Ferrari, Mathieu Delpierre and Rosina. In came Sebastien Squillaci who is still to this day an ever present in the Leeds line up, Martin Skrtel, Raul Garcia, Adriano Correia and fan-favourite Del Piero. After storming the early parts of the season, a drop in form allowed newly-relegated and title-favourite Newcastle United to overtake us and run away with the league. However, end of season signings Andrei Arshavin and Alberto Gilardinho added some much needed fire power to seal automatic promotion to division one. Only clinching promotion on the final day of the season on goal difference.

The first season of top flight season loomed for Leeds United, and only strengthened with Emiliano Moretti and Jean Makoun, they intended to avoid relegation. However, after finding success with a new 3-4-1-2 formation, Leeds United stormed their first few games, and lie in a remarkable 3rd position midway through the season. Severely strengthened with signings some way into the season, Chielinni and Nasri provide some new fire power. However, Alberto Aquilani and Raul Garcia gave way for these new players, and now a newly assembled Leeds United takes to the pitch, with only veteran goal keeper David James maintaining his place in the starting XI from my original season. After much deliberate chopping and changing for the benefit of my team, we stand in a very healthy position for the future, with not only talent now but talent that will undoubtedly prevail in the future.

Starting XI

James

Skrtel Chielinni Squillaci

Arshavin Makoun Hamsik Adriano

Nasri

Del Piero Gilardinho

Reserve

Valdes

Castro Pique Moretti

Trochowski Marchisio RodwellGiovinco

Miguel Danny

Lavezzi Gourcuff

AS Roma win 4 - 2 against Milan :D

still fourth, kept my division 1 status for next season as last game left and im 6 points clear of second from bottom :o

1 point from 3rd and can only finish as high as second :( currently 5 points off top spot.

:)

My first team was Wigan Athletic English Championship 162 :D

Took over this team as a classic wigan side without any serious talent and down in the relegation zone, 32 games in, with the £20million that was left over I bought Gennaro Gattuso for 16million off my mate with pompey and saved the 4million for the next season. I pulled Wigan out of the bottom 3 and finished 16th.

Season two started out with one of the best SM deals I have ever done. I straight swapped 91 rated Landzaat for 88 rated 19 year old Nasri. Good times. I also bought Shay Given for a handy 8.5million which helped me greately and the DM force of David Albelda for 13million. Despite the good buys and improvements, I still had difficulties and finished 16th.

Season three started with another succession of quality signings, including Mertesacker and Perotta saw our form improve with a solid 13th place result.

Season four saw the same form despite the introduction of Raul Merilies, with is finishing in another 13th position :|

Season five was a desolate season for signings, with the club being in debt and having only 6million being invested by the chairman, despite this another solid 13th position and the English cup comes home to Wigan Athletic!

Season six came with the 5million given from the cup win and the chairman giving a better investment of 10million meant I could p/e Heskey and 5.5million for 92 rated Luis Fabiano, and 6.2m on the 86 rated 18 year old, Pato. These vital improvements in the striking force meant Wigan could get their highest ever league finish of 11th and more importantly, the English cup was kept at the JJB Stadium for yet another year.

Now into season seven and with it came strength in depth with me buying in two stronge 90 rated CB's Danielli and Colodin. Unfortunately knocked out of the English cup and with 27 games gone I am currently in 13th. However, current form is improving and im hoping I can pull up and finally break into the top 10.

A Leeds United. Took them over in Season 2' date=' 10 games in. Average rating of squad was about 80, most players were old. By far my least successful side, INCLUDING GC's. Quite competitive actually, and for some reason my tactics never seem to work.

First dealings were players like Matt Oakley and Craig Fagan - basically transfer listed players. I then bought loads of old guys (Tarnat, Horshkov, Tikhonov, Christante, Serginho, some striker). This was back when there were no play-offs. Still getting used to the game, finished 10th in Div 2 (they had been promoted previously).

Second season (Season 3), when I started bringing in higher rated players. When I sold off all the risers I got from BestPay and TomOwen, I signed the likes of Lloris (90), Marcelo (89), Pato (87 - loan), Mikel (90) and some others who escape me. Another disappointing season - finished 8th.

Season 4 (my 3rd). Now scouting myself and knowing the game quite well. More risers, changing the first team around. Manage to sign myself Higuain for £25m, fighting off stiff competition from Newcastle. Don't forget - at this stage any good player is taken. Was quite proud with persuading the manager to sell him. Sold Marcelo for £30m. Big changes. Flirted with the play-offs all season and scraped in at the end. Played my second string and lost 3-1.

And that's it. Season is over, Play-off final is on Sunday, and next season I hope to go up automatically, although I'm not holding my breath. Also, currently selling off large numbers of players to try and reduce my squad size from 130, to 100 first, then eventually to 80 or so.

[center']First team:

Lloris 90

Westermann 91 - Thiago Silva 89 - Criscito 89

Fernando 89

Park 90 - Mikel 91 - Felipe Melo 91 - Mata 89

Higuain 90 - Negredo 89

Second string:

Romero 87

Motta 88 - Djourou 88 - Bocchetti 88

Vidal 88

Augusto 89 - Lemoine 88 - Kuzmanovic 89 - Sanchez 88

Helmes 89 - Dzeko 89

Reserves

-Not Needed-

Henrique 88 - Davies 88 - De Ceglie 88

Busquets 85

Blanco 88 - Dzagoev 87 - Aliyev 87 - Vitale 86

Keirrison 87 - Hoarau 89[/center]

Bear in mind that I am looking to sell a lot of those reserves when TB's end (Henrique, Davies, Blanco, Hoarau).

My other youths I have of note (I only keep the ones that should rise again) are:

Cissokho 86

Moisander 85

Santon 86

Rafael 86

VD Wiel 86

Moreno 87

Kjaer 87

Howedes 86

Marcano 84

Rodwell 83

Jean 86

Wijnaldum 85

Asamoah 85

Fer 85

Ramsey 84

Delph 80

Baumjohann 85

Taison 83

Wilshere 80

Toivonen 86

Arnautovic 85

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=594531&clubid=1703806&sid=4935

I have 28 out on loan, but I plan to sell 10 of them.

I do realise that I am squad hogging, which I hate, so I plan to cut it down so the reserves are generally just youngsters, and not players like Hoarau. I only need 2 good players in each position.

As for the high amount of players, I feel that is fine as long as most are youngsters. Which a large chunk of my team is.

its strange, i had a leeds united, went from div 3, to div 1 in as many seasons, straight promotion both seasons. finished the last season with leeds united in 9th in div 1 :D after my results with leeds, Man United wanted me, and well, lmao, I couldn't say no to managing Man U :P