Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joshylong

Official Arsenal Thread

58,994 posts in this topic

Its been a long time since I posted here lol

Unfortunately our transfer market mentality hasnt changed at all! The fact that we are going into the season with a makeshift back four is shambolic. Sanchez/Walcott will be in strike because Giroud isnt fit and Koscielny needs extended rest from the euros, yet somehow Sagna played for Man City yesterday!! Honestly frustrates me, it really does. We need to start treating the first day of the season as the market deadline day.

I can only hope for the best today, I hope for a win but I think a draw seems on the horizon. Really disappointed to be honest, but will be giving my full support for the team tomorrow obviously. COYG!!!

ashtini likes this

Its been a long time since I posted here lol

Unfortunately our transfer market mentality hasnt changed at all! The fact that we are going into the season with a makeshift back four is shambolic. Sanchez/Walcott will be in strike because Giroud isnt fit and Koscielny needs extended rest from the euros, yet somehow Sagna played for Man City yesterday!! Honestly frustrates me, it really does. We need to start treating the first day of the season as the market deadline day.

I can only hope for the best today, I hope for a win but I think a draw seems on the horizon. Really disappointed to be honest, but will be giving my full support for the team tomorrow obviously. COYG!!!

Really depends on the club deciding the players holidays, Like Pogba could of gone to United fast but Juventus gave him an longer holiday

Wenger needs to put his hands in his pockets to buy players, It looks like Wenger is ending up like SAF end of career where he struggled to buy in players

Where is Chambers,  Gibbs etc

I'm astonished you haven't signed a proper striker this window, Wenger is the only man on the planet not to realize Giroud isn't the answer. Mustafi will do a job when he comes in. 

You started off really well and didn't make the most of the domination, whereas we did, can't help but think if you'd had a Lacazette making more intelligent runs you'd have put more than 1 away before the 46th minute mark. Took a worldie to get us back into it, but that's the risk you take not putting teams away when you're in so much control.

3 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Thought Wilshere was the next best thing according to Arsenal fans

He needs game time to fulfil his potential and he's not going to get that at Arsenal. Makes sense IF you think about it...

7 hours ago, TalentSearcher said:

Thought Wilshere was the next best thing according to Arsenal fans

Whilst I don't think Bournemouth was his best choice of club had he moved to Italy he could have just been forgotten and it's not like any clubs interested were in the CL. At least he stays in the strongest league definitely starts and who knows 5 or 6 games under his belt before he's out for the season with some hope?

15 hours ago, Dannyb01y said:

He needs game time to fulfil his potential and he's not going to get that at Arsenal. Makes sense IF you think about it...

He never going to hit his potential when he parties, smokes etc. If he can't get infront of Coquelin or Xhaka then there a problem

8 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

He never going to hit his potential when he parties, smokes etc. If he can't get infront of Coquelin or Xhaka then there a problem

Xhaka is a better player in the position he plays, hence why Xhaka is a starter already.

He is a step up on Coquelin and El Neny in the holding midfield role.

Wilshere would be vying with Cazorla and Ramsey for the other midfield spot.

Loan move in the Premier League could be what he needs, just needs to keep himself fit.

On 1 September 2016 at 9:48 PM, Noisy said:

Xhaka is a better player in the position he plays, hence why Xhaka is a starter already.

He is a step up on Coquelin and El Neny in the holding midfield role.

Wilshere would be vying with Cazorla and Ramsey for the other midfield spot.

Loan move in the Premier League could be what he needs, just needs to keep himself fit.

Rubbish player, never done what was expected of him and never will. Smokes and parties over football and keeping fit. If and when he does return he will be sold or loaned out again. English players don't pan out for Arsenal.

Wont be playing in a Arsenal shirt again.

1 hour ago, TalentSearcher said:

Ospina starts - Really hope he messes up, and it make Arsenal fans question why not Cech

Wengers line up has been questionable at best. Kroenke is the worst kind of rich owner - the rich tight kind. :/

3 minutes ago, Dannyb01y said:

Wengers line up has been questionable at best. Kroenke is the worst kind of rich owner - the rich tight kind. :/

Fans of Arsenal might be crying out for Giroud as Balls are going into the box and no 1 there

Find it funny about Giroud, Arsenal fans don't want him but he gets the goals/headers

4 minutes ago, TalentSearcher said:

Fans of Arsenal might be crying out for Giroud as Balls are going into the box and no 1 there

Find it funny about Giroud, Arsenal fans don't want him but he gets the goals/headers

We want an improvement on him. He doesn't score 20 league goals a season and without that you just dont challenge for the title. Arsenal fans don't understand resting him (and Xhaka) in the league and then not playing them in the champions league.

Any thoughts on the situation with Wenger and Ozil? Have a feeling Sanchez may be the same. 

For the "supporters" wanting Wenger out, would you sacrifice Sanchez and Ozil to see him go?

Id be interested in hearing the views on this.

13 minutes ago, Killaroo said:

Any thoughts on the situation with Wenger and Ozil? Have a feeling Sanchez may be the same. 

For the "supporters" wanting Wenger out, would you sacrifice Sanchez and Ozil to see him go?

Id be interested in hearing the views on this.

As a neutral, if I had to choose between either, I'd choose the players. Wenger's time is up imo.

Wenger time has been up ages, should of gone last year when they had the perfect time to challenge for the title. The big question is who has Wenger style management to replace him, as Arsenal could end up like United if they bring in the wrong manager.

I am not an Arsenal fan but I will be shocked if Sanchez stays, He wants titles, higher wages (Arsenal has a £200k week cap) and he expresions in the Bournemouth game is showing he getting fed up. Ozil already sai he will say if Wenger does.