ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

I very most sincerally Apolagise to every member that contributed to the origanol thread .

I again have made a terrible error because it happened a few yrs ago with the Spurs thread when going into the tools to delete a post and remove it have ticked the thread delete not post so removing the thread altogether .

Because it was not soft delete ticked but removed ticked i do believe it can not be fetched back .

I am very upset that even though it was a few yrs since this last mistake that i have repeated the same again ,and a lot of good work and time by members and friends posting on it has now been lost for good .

So again i cant tell you how down in the dumps i really feel at the moment and hope you can all forgive and make this thread just as great .

Also with this now starting from fresh can any member posting on it or every other Offical club thread on Forum make sure they post properly on all these and not with the intention of flaming it to wind up supporters of the club who the thread is for ,plenty of threads about all teams where you can have a wind up against rival supporters ,but all offical ones on the Forum have one major rule in common ,

" NO SPOILERS "

Thank you .

Re: Official liverpool thread.

It's OK Alan, mistakes happen. Don't be so down in the dumps, my thread was more tongue in cheek and meant to lighten the mood a little, nothing more. I'm sure this thread will be thriving just as the old one was in no time :) . Would just ask if you wouldn't mind editing your first post to add 'no spoilers', which became a common activity of the wretched foe on the old thread at times :P.

Anyway, was glad to see Rafa giving Allardyce some yesterday on the SKy Sports interview. Was quite hilarious (as he has been in recent months despite our nightmare season) and loved it when he said Barcelona will be looking to copy the style of play of Allardyce's teams. for once, Allardyce had no answer about how to respond, although I'm sure he'll now go back to his cohort of managers and make some anti-Rafa statement :rolleyes: .

Pressure is now on to go unbeaten for the rest of the season with just 10 games left for us. Man City winning this weekend was a bit of a choker as I had that down as a banker loss for them :( .Torres is back and looking sharp and keeping him fit will be essential. The problem is that currently our destiny is out of our own hands as we have none of the other sides in the battle for fourth to play. Hoping the other sides buckle under the pressure as the prize gets nearer. Only Man U and Chelsea games look tricky (and perhaps our trip to face bogey team Birmingham) and anything less the maximum points in the remaining games will likely end our chances. Time for a battlecry from Rafa and the lads to step up and show we have the mettle to get the job done :)

It's OK Alan' date=' mistakes happen. Don't be so down in the dumps, my thread was more tongue in cheek and meant to lighten the mood a little, nothing more. I'm sure this thread will be thriving just as the old one was in no time :) . Would just ask if you wouldn't mind editing your first post to add 'no spoilers', which became a common activity of the wretched foe on the old thread at times :P.

Anyway, was glad to see Rafa giving Allardyce some yesterday on the SKy Sports interview. Was quite hilarious (as he has been in recent months despite our nightmare season) and loved it when he said Barcelona will be looking to copy the style of play of Allardyce's teams. for once, Allardyce had no answer about how to respond, although I'm sure he'll now go back to his cohort of managers and make some anti-Rafa statement :rolleyes: .

Pressure is now on to go unbeaten for the rest of the season with just 10 games left for us. Man City winning this weekend was a bit of a choker as I had that down as a banker loss for them :( .Torres is back and looking sharp and keeping him fit will be essential. The problem is that currently our destiny is out of our own hands as we have none of the other sides in the battle for fourth to play. Hoping the other sides buckle under the pressure as the prize gets nearer. Only Man U and Chelsea games look tricky (and perhaps our trip to face bogey team Birmingham) and anything less the maximum points in the remaining games will likely end our chances. Time for a battlecry from Rafa and the lads to step up and show we have the mettle to get the job done :)[/quote']

Thanks mate ,also done as required and edited first post to cover about all Offical club threads have a " No Spoiling " policy .

Plenty other threads where we all can have a good wind up against each other with our rivalry etc ,but as long as they dont go overtop and become personal which will not be allowed .

Anyway back to what the thread is about the Club .

I think we are now in the situation that we have to go for a win now in all games and not be to overcautious about not losing first.

Do not mean that we have to throw the hard work gone into tightening the defence " back to basics so to speak " but i always think we play many times lately at a low Tempo and its when we raise it and move ball forward quicker we seem to have most success up front .

When its slow there are to me many times when the ball is just shifted and sprayed around at the back and though it shows we are the team at the end of the game with the most possesion stats ,its comes with the stats of not many shots at goal, and yes your not going to lose games if you dont conceed but to win you have to score so we do need to raise this side more ,saying this now Torres is back the lack of shots should improve .

Take last season when we were playing at our best we closed sides down and pressed all the time at a high tempo ,its this side " Tempo " i think we need to change so getting the ball to the front far quicker .:)

Agree with the comment that Liverpool need to play with a bit more freedom. It's always been a criticism of Rafa that his team set up is too negative, but we saw last season that when the team play with confidence and a bit of flair and creativity, there's an ability to play very good football and pick up 3 points.

Why we can't do this on a regular basis is the question Rafa needs to answer and find a solution to before its too late for the season and too late for his tenure.

I didn't know the old thread was deleted. :confused:

A good result against Blackburn puts us 1 point behind Spurs and Man City, while was are lacking in goals. And if it wasn't already said in the old thread, Liverpool have signed Raheem Sterling from QPR.

I think this transfer was on Feb 27th, so he hasn't been added to DB, at the age of 15. Our next few games are pretty season, except Man United on the 21st, but we have found our second Europa team.

Wigan, Lille, Portsmouth, Lille [R2], Manchester United.

I can see us winning all these games and maybe [hopefully] a draw against Man United, but we need to win all our games now. Draws might not be enough to get 4th place.

I think the side played against Blackburn was very positive. Usually Rafa likes to set his team up to avoid defeat (certainly the case in the absence of Torres) but the side played the other day had a real attacking threat.

Obviously the addition of Torres alone galvanised the team but the fact we played Benayoun and Maxi on either wing meant that we could have some quality football, with invention and incision. There was a great move in the second half when Lucas played wide into Benayoun, who cut in and played it to Dirk to put it into Gerrard who proceeded to knock it back to him. Dirk then searched out Maxi who had a decent effort (albeit accidentally) with a cross. There were a few instances were Maxi sped the play up with a superior touch to Dirk out on that side and a nice first time pass or flick. He also showed decent commitment in terms of chasing down the full-back etc. and seems to be coming to terms with the pace of the English game more. It was certainly his best game in a red shirt and although I don't feel he is the answer long-term (simply for his lack of pace, which is necessary for a Premiership winger) I feel his contribution could be telling as we try to get forth.

Lucas was still there to shield the defence and protect but placing Gerrard alongside him put a stop to the stolid play we have with Lucas and Masch in the middle. With Gerrard there always looking forward rather than to the side, we have a greater attacking impetus. Lucas himself seemed to benefit from and also got ahead of Gerrard on occasion (and what about that pass he played for Torres just before he was tackled and Maxi played it back in for the goal). His tackle when he really clattered into one of Blackburn's players (and won the ball, take note Blackburn players!) was great and was greeted with a great cheer from everyone in the crowd.

I think Skrtel's injury was a blessing in the disguise (for the short term anyway :o) since Rafa would probably have lined up with Carra right back and Masch alongside Lucas. Masch did well at right back putting his energy and tough tackling to good use. A shame about Aurelio's injury but Insua seems to be looking far more solid so perhaps the experience is paying off (I hope so, we need youth prospects to come good to save money). I felt we commanded a bit better in the air with Carra in the middle, organising the defence. Reina was brave enough to keep coming out to clear his area and although he looked more suspect than usual, he did have a hard time of it in terms of the challenges. His save from Samba though, was simply sublime- that shows why he is the country's best goalkeeper.

I can't abide Allardyce. He is simply a tosspot. First of all, he claims we're the new Bolton because we got 6 yellows against City yet pretty much everyone (Liverpudlians, City supporters and neutrals) acknowledged that the ref was horrendously fussy. Then he claims that the yellows given against his team were unfair. They should have had 3 :eek: men sent off by my count. N'Kolou for his shove on Lucas (I accept just pushing someone is only a bookable offence but when you push someone to the ground via their face, expect a red), Kalinic (eventually got a yellow and should have gotten one for either the dive in the first half or for continually throwing his elbows in at Reina) and Diouf (eventually booked but again could have been booked earlier, though he was the least deserving of a red). Maybe Allardyce could see this if he wasn't so far up Fergie's backside.

Things are starting to look rosier. The play still isn't inspiring but the results are largely the right ones. The defence has tightened up greatly and we must have had as many clean sheets in the last 10 games as we did in the first half of the season. We picked up injuries- to Skrtel and Aurelio- but I'd rather have them injured than Torres and Benayoun. Johnson is back in training. Kyrgiakos is coming back from suspension. Not bad. We have to rely on City and Tottenham's inconsistency, which isn’t great, but it always rears its head with these two.

On a side note, I don't want to be a pedant but can we change the title of the thread to 'Official Liverpool Thread' with no full stop and proper capitals :o We've gotta keep up appearances, so they know this is the thread of the Red Men! :D

Also, I suggest we give this thread an epic subtitle to reflect its rebirth, to be decided upon this thread! :D

Guest Phill

Its Back! :D

Alan, Can You Edit The Title So The First Letter Of Each Word Is A Capital Please? Im Fussy :D

I think the side played against Blackburn was very positive. Usually Rafa likes to set his team up to avoid defeat (certainly the case in the absence of Torres) but the side played the other day had a real attacking threat.

Yep i agree and that to me is because Stevie G is back where he should be ' date='so giving the extra man up front ,i know many will disagree because of the way they see the partnership with Torres so thinks he is better just behind him ,but to me ive never favoured him in this role even though he scores a few more, he dosnt dictate teams and run the show like he did week in week out when he played this role all the time .

He will still make his amazing runs and score create goals ,but being up front most times now he does not do his long defence splitting passes which was also his trademark before Alonso came .

They got us plenty of goals from Owen etc,yet we didnt think about making him move up behind Owen .

Obviously the addition of Torres alone galvanised the team but the fact we played Benayoun and Maxi on either wing meant that we could have some quality football, with invention and incision. There was a great move in the second half when Lucas played wide into Benayoun, who cut in and played it to Dirk to put it into Gerrard who proceeded to knock it back to him. Dirk then searched out Maxi who had a decent effort (albeit accidentally) with a cross. There were a few instances were Maxi sped the play up with a superior touch to Dirk out on that side and a nice first time pass or flick. He also showed decent commitment in terms of chasing down the full-back etc. and seems to be coming to terms with the pace of the English game more. It was certainly his best game in a red shirt and although I don't feel he is the answer long-term (simply for his lack of pace, which is necessary for a Premiership winger) I feel his contribution could be telling as we try to get forth.

Summs a lot up of why i like Stevie G back further in central middle of the park .

You have your two widemen and instead of Kuyt being a winger which he isnt ,he can be the foil for Torres alonside or behind ,Kuyt may not be a deadly finisher like Torres but you make enough chances and he will put them away .

Not a bad tally since he became a winger .

And as you pointed out Stevie still had great link up play with Dirk and the rest .

Lucas was still there to shield the defence and protect but placing Gerrard alongside him put a stop to the stolid play we have with Lucas and Masch in the middle. With Gerrard there always looking forward rather than to the side' date=' we have a greater attacking impetus. Lucas himself seemed to benefit from and also got ahead of Gerrard on occasion (and what about that pass he played for Torres just before he was tackled and Maxi played it back in for the goal). His tackle when he really clattered into one of Blackburn's players (and won the ball, take note Blackburn players!) was great and was greeted with a great cheer from everyone in the crowd.[/quote']

Again you hit the nail on the head and seen why Stevie G is better back where he should be and to me does the most damage ,which i think even though he may score less the team as a hole improves immensley .

He dictates and runs the show from here far more than he ever does now when up front virtually as a striker .

Things are starting to look rosier. The play still isn't inspiring but the results are largely the right ones. The defence has tightened up greatly and we must have had as many clean sheets in the last 10 games as we did in the first half of the season. We picked up injuries- to Skrtel and Aurelio- but I'd rather have them injured than Torres and Benayoun. Johnson is back in training. Kyrgiakos is coming back from suspension. Not bad. We have to rely on City and Tottenham's inconsistency' date=' which isn’t great, but it always rears its head with these two.[/quote']

Yep the confidence seems to be back ,thats why to me you shouldnt need now two DM protecting the back four ,Use Stevie and one of the others alongside him .

Game will proberly be at a higher Tempo because Stevie G will keep it going from back here and as you picked up on the ball will be more forward than sidewards .

Bob have you been getting tit bits from my son on the way i see things ,and your both winding me up seems im getting excited that someone is nearly picking my brain ,and this is revenge for my dismeneanor :eek:

Will show im cracking up now and say as well as leaving Stevie where he is ,also try Babel out up front in that position just alongside or behind Torres instead of on the flanks .

It is supposed to be his favourite position which he never has been given a chance to prove or shine in it .

He is very quick like Torres so both could benefit from Stevies long balls just like Owen did .;):)

Re: Official Liverpool Thread.

While I do agree that Gerrard would be better back at central role (especially consider that he's getting older and he's not as physically well as he used to be), we have to consider that it is Rafa who's doing all the decision making and as long as he'll think that his tactics are working, he will probably not change anything. Lets admit, he's very, very stubborn and has his own view (whether it's right or wrong) which he usually keeps. Then again, I could be totally wrong and he'd revert Gerrard back to his role this week :o

Re: Official Liverpool thread.

apparently next season:

- there's going to be corporate seats in the kop (block 205) and

- the ticket office is getting turned into a corporate lounge

jesus wept...

Re: Official Liverpool thread.

jesus wept...

So he should ,if Shanks is God then as the son of God he should go around the treatment room touch all our injured and say trot of now lads you are healed ,go let Rafa know you are available .

Then he should nip round to his mate Moses house and tell him to go to Old Trafford and make out to the Mancs he is taking them to the promised land and seems there all daft as a brush and follow without Question like lemmings he can show them to the nearest cliff or pit of Quicksand .;):D:)

arda tunan also said he would love to play for us and hes a big fan.

and pepe reina has appartnaly aggred a new deal. probally the best news i heard all year

If the reports are too be believed

Simon Kjaer is set to snub Man United and Spurs

Because he wants to play for Liverpool

arda tunan also said he would love to play for us and hes a big fan.

if only there was money to go to players instead of turning the kop corporate...

I had 1100 posts or something before :(' date=' but plenty of threads I was in got deleted. :mad:[/quote']

Sorry but i can only plead guilty for posts on the first Offical Liverpool Thread seems accidently removing it only effects that thread and the posts that were on it and none other ,there has been no other threads physically deleted and removed its not something we mainly do they normally get closed or soft deleted which means the posts are still there so you dont lose the count ,like i said i accidently ticked the wrong box which just can not be undone .

So you have me lost on the other threads you say have lost posts because they are only soft delete .

I personally have put a lot and time and hours and many posts on the old LFC thread itself seems its the thread i love the best over the last 4yrs or so .

Anyway have said in earlier posts i do want this thread to stay focused on all matter Liverpool ,so please any member send your disgust through PM at me if your not the forgiving type ,those that know me do realise it did upset me because many of you besides being LFC or none LFC fans that posted on the old thread have been Forum friends for a long time with me ,which i take seriously if my actions have harmed and upset them .

So please all lets just keep this thread all things Liverpool :)