ian neller

Official Liverpool Thread

That's correct. If Liverpool win the Europa then they will qualify for next seasons UCL along with the top 4 placed premier league sides. However, if Manchester City win the UCL but fail to finish in the top 4, then they would qualify for next season's UCL at the expense of the 4th placed Premiership side, who would drop to the Europa league.

City will not win CL, you don't have to worry about that!

I'll be pretty upset if our summer is just Matip, Grujic, Karius and Mane... :/ The teams above and below us are doing better business, or trying to.

Its weird Klopp could attract lots of Stars when he managed Dortmund, He cant attract any of them to join Liverpool

Perhaps he knows what he's doing, and thinks he can work with what he has. Not everyone has to spend hundreds of millions ever transfer window. Remember that most of the Stars you talk about, weren't Starts before joining Dortmund and Klopp made them that way. I don't remember much spending in his transfers.

Schmelzer, Grosskreutz, Durm, Piszczek, Kagawa Free.

Lewandowski, Hummels, Gundogan, Subotic around 4/5 M€ each.

Kuba, Sahin, Gotze were already there, but the last two were promoted by him.

Sokratis, Auba, Reus and Mkhitaryan were more expensive, from around 10 to 15€ and 25M€ for the latter i think.

I know that not all of those players ascended to stardom, and some (the more expensive ones) were already established performers in their previous clubs, but that is a very good record of signings and the consequent achievements that are well documented.

Of course there were more signings, some good, some bad, but i think they are somewhat irrelevant considering the rest, and of course, that's not all Klopp's work, but also from all Dortmund team involved.

So if he brings that philosophy to Anfield, i think Liverpool supporters will appreciate that, a contrast to all this constant spending by premier league teams in recent years without much palpable results.

I would like to see Saul Niguez under Klopp, i think it's his type of player. Can and Saul in midfield would be awesome, but his price tag is very high.

Off work finally for a day and after a year or more probably I thought I would pop on the forum and see what's what to see if there is any improvement....

That was a silly thought there is probably more life in a pair of Susan Boyle's knickers, not to mention more chance of seeing Stephen Hawking going for a run than improvement in here!!

Not one single post in this thread since 6th July which is a sad indictment of things when this thread used to buzzing and one of the most interesting on the forums, all the general football chat was but appears to be nothing going on and everybody has run for the hills....

The fact looking around that Talentsearcher appears to be somewhat of a celebrity on here now is almost as unbelievable and depressing as watching a Mourinho press conference where he will find any possible excuse rather than himself....

Hope everybody is ok, can't see any real reason for a comeback........who knows maybe one day it might recover!!

For what it's worth I think we have been exceptional this season and really enjoying watching us play, the style of football has thus far been magnificent and here's hoping it continues...  ?

1 hour ago, ray1981 said:

Off work finally for a day and after a year or more probably I thought I would pop on the forum and see what's what to see if there is any improvement....

That was a silly thought there is probably more life in a pair of Susan Boyle's knickers, not to mention more chance of seeing Stephen Hawking going for a run than improvement in here!!

Not one single post in this thread since 6th July which is a sad indictment of things when this thread used to buzzing and one of the most interesting on the forums, all the general football chat was but appears to be nothing going on and everybody has run for the hills....

The fact looking around that Talentsearcher appears to be somewhat of a celebrity on here now is almost as unbelievable and depressing as watching a Mourinho press conference where he will find any possible excuse rather than himself....

Hope everybody is ok, can't see any real reason for a comeback........who knows maybe one day it might recover!!

For what it's worth I think we have been exceptional this season and really enjoying watching us play, the style of football has thus far been magnificent and here's hoping it continues...  ?

Oh Raybear how I have missed thee so.

It really is a sad state of affairs yep.

We were absolutely petrified of your front 4 last week.