Sign in to follow this  
Caleb

List Of 90+ Players...The Ones To Avoid

List of 90+ Rated Droppers

This isn't your typical thread with players who will rise. To be exact, it's rather the opposite. In here, you'll be presented with a list of players whose current rating are under threat once their respective rating change roll in.

If you have the following guys, tough luck. It's not too late however, to offer them out though. However, if these guys happen to be on your shortlist for whatever reasons, hopefully this thread will jolt you to your senses and you will not continue your pursuit for a potential 90 rated dropper.

Aside: Unfortunately, I'm not as good a writer as the brilliant andyowls, or the articulate Spam. I'll try my best to do a short write-up on each player, although they won't be as chunky or comprehensive as the two mentioned writers.

As always, feel free to debate/suggest new names.

Regards,

Caleb :)

Goalkeepers

Alexander Doni (AS Roma, 28) 90-->89

Despite AS Roma being near the summit of the Serie A standings, Doni is not having a season to cheer about. The former Giallorossi undisputed Number 1 has lost his crown to fellow compatriot Julio Sergio following an injury-plagued season. The ex-Juventude shot-stopper is also not part of the Selecao squad these days, and a drop to 89 looms ominously for the 30-year-old.

Arthur Boruc (Celtic, 30) 90-->89

The Polish goalkeeper has not lost his place at Scottish outfit Celtic. However, his displays this season have been anything but impressive. Following an excellent Euro 2008 campaign, the 30-year-old has seen his form dip. Coupled with the increasingly poor displays by Scottish clubs in the European competition, Boruc, one of the highest rated players in the SPL, could soon bid his 90 goodbye.

David James (Porsmouth, 39) 90-->89/90

Portsmouth are currently having a torrid season. With relegation almost a possibility, James could soon see his rating come under the spotlight. The eccentric goalkeeper is no longer the Number 1 for the Three Lions, and should he enter the Championship with Pompey, expect to see a drop in store for the former Liverpool custodian.

Defenders

Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan, 33) 93-->93/92

Once heralded as one of the best full-backs in the world, Zambrotta has seen his stock plunge in recent seasons. He has been plagued by injuries this season, and so have his displays. While Zambrotta is still expected to be part of the Azzurri squad headed for South Africa, a drop wouldn't be entirely out of the equation for the 33-year-old.

Kolo Toure (Man City, 28) 93-->93/92

The Ivorian is one of the first names on the teamsheet for The Citizens when fit. However, the 28 year-old best days are past him, with injuries slowly creeping into his game. Whilst a drop might seem harsh for him, considering Manchester City are still in the race for a Champions League ticket, it wouldn't be exactly unfair too. Nonetheless, a good World Cup outing with the Elephants might save Toure his rating.

Martin Skrtel (Liverpool, 25) 91-->90

The combative defender has not recovered his form prior to his injury. To add salt to the wound, Liverpool are not having the best of seasons and Skrtel's rating could be one of the first to face the axe.

Massimo Oddo (AC Milan, 33) 90-->89

A product of the AC Milan academy, Oddo has since struggled to get a look-in for the Rossoneri this season. A drop seems imminent for the defender, who was a part of the triumphant Italy side at the 2006 World Cup.

Kakha Kaladze (AC Milan, 32) 90-->89

The Georgian has found games hard to come by this season. With age and injury catching up with him, Kaladze's first team prospects at the San Siro look bleak. Drop to 89.

Midfielders

Ricardo Kaka (Real Madrid, 27) 97-->97/96

The Brazilian playmaker has yet to fully discover his former self since moving to the Bernebeu. The over-bearing expectations of the Real Madrid fans will have done the 27-year-old no favors too, despite Kaka being near the top of the club's charts for both assists and goals. Nonetheless, Kaka is still an integral player for both club and country and a decent World Cup outing will help Kaka repair his reputation.

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool, 29) 97-->96

A shadow of his former self, the England international is in line for a drop. Gerrard has cut a weary figure this season, and he has struggled to inject urgency into a stuttering Liverpool. A drop seem to be on the cards for the 29-year-old.

Ribas Diego (Juventus, 24) 94-->93/94

Diego is not having the best of starts at Juventus. Since scoring a brace on his debut against Roma, the Brazilian midfielder has struggled to hit top gear for the Old Lady. It is not entirely his fault however, as a combination of poor personnel and management has prevented the 25-year-old from showing his ability. However, involvement with the Selecao squad continue to prove elusive for Diego, with manager Dunga not the biggest fan of the former Porto flop. Diego has an outside chance of a drop.

Javier Zanetti (Inter, 36) 94-->93

Probably a surprise inclusion on the list. However, despite continuing to rack up the minutes for Inter, Zanetti's performances this season have dipped. Nonetheless, with him still a starter for the Nerazzurri, I wouldn't be surprised if SM kept him at his current rating of 94.

Gennaro Gattuso (AC Milan, 32) 93-->93/92

The tough as nails midfielder has struggled to get going since the 2006 World Cup. No longer as dominant a force in midfield as before, the only way Gattuso's rating is headed for now is South. Has an outside chance to stay though.

Lorik Cana (Sunderland, 26) 91-->90

The tenacious Albanian shocked many with his decision to join the Black Cats this season. However, he has since failed to impress in his debut season. A drop is in store for the 26-year-old.

Albert Riera (Liverpool, 27) 90-->89

Talk about shooting one's own foot. Unhappy with a lack of first-team action, the Riera, decided to take matters into his own hands with a poorly timed attack on manager Rafa Benitez. Since then, any hopes of him playing for Liverpool again seem to have vanished. However, since a proposed move to Russia hit the rocks, Riera has attempted to salvage whatever's left of his Anfield future.

Re: List Of 90+ Players...The Ones To Avoid

I'll concede I'm a pretty fickle minded type of person. So, my apologies that my other two threads are still in the midst of completion.

However, this thread is almost done, bar the forwards. It's already getting late over at my side so I'll edit in the forwards tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, feel free to suggest anyone I might have missed out. :)

I agree with most of your predictions, Caleb.

But, i have some point that i disagree with you. About Cana, i agree he should drop. But, it's more due to Sunderland rating cap. Cana doesn't have bad season in my opinion. When he played, he's so influential at the middle, add extra dimension to Sunderland midfield. And there's slight chance for me Cana could keep his rating.

Nice work, though. But, i can't give the green as i need to spread

I agree with most of your predictions' date=' Caleb.

But, i have some point that i disagree with you. About Cana, i agree he should drop. But, it's more due to Sunderland rating cap. Cana doesn't have bad season in my opinion. When he played, he's so influential at the middle, add extra dimension to Sunderland midfield. And there's slight chance for me Cana could keep his rating.

Nice work, though. But, i can't give the green as i need to spread[/quote']

Thanks Goz,

Don't worry about the greens ;)

About Cana, a Sunderland fan wrote this about him today on a thread. And seeing as I don't follow Sunderland very much, I'll tend to trust this guy, although a couple of second opinions won't hurt :P

CANA, Lorik (DM/CB) 91 – 90/89

Lost his way, often found out for pace & often clumsy. Does have a number of key team attributes

I agree with these predictions' date=' great thread

Just a couple more suggestions:

Owen Hargreaves, 90 - 89

Injured.

Kun Aguero, 94 - 94/93

Heard he might drop.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy, 95 - 93

Certain dropper.[/left']

Thanks, I haven't gotten around to the forwards. About Hargreaves, don't you think he is too good to be 89? I mean SM didn't drop Gabi Milito by -2, kept Samuel at a 92 despite him missing almost a whole season. With Hargreaves back in training now, I think if he gets a couple of competitive games under his belt, he might just hang onto his 89. He'll easily walk into the Manchester United first eleven when fit too, Carrick is now getting pap.

Great thread mate :D

Thanks.

Salvador Cabanas may get a slightly harsh drop :(

Agreed. Shame about the accident though, glad to see he's recovering.

Thanks' date=' I haven't gotten around to the forwards. About Hargreaves, don't you think he is too good to be 89? I mean SM didn't drop Gabi Milito by -2, kept Samuel at a 92 despite him missing almost a whole season. With Hargreaves back in training now, I think if he gets a couple of competitive games under his belt, he might just hang onto his 89. He'll easily walk into the Manchester United first eleven when fit too, Carrick is now getting pap.[/quote']

Well it's not going to be as easy as that for Hargreaves to get back into the first team

Carrick didn't have a great game today, but he'll be prefered to Hargreaves. There's also Scholes who although isn't having his best season, he's always there as a safer option for United to select. Then there's Darren Fletcher who's having his best ever season at United, been one of there best players this season, pure quality. Park will play in the big games, as a hard working attacking midfielder, another superb midfielder who should push Hargreaves our. And finally there's Darron Gibson, another goal tonight and a whole new option for United, he can always get United a goal and Fergie's liking it, he's pure quality.

Not so easy for him to get in the first team for United, could well drop

Well it's not going to be as easy as that for Hargreaves to get back into the first team

Carrick didn't have a great game today' date=' but he'll be prefered to Hargreaves. There's also Scholes who although isn't having his best season, he's always there as a safer option for United to select. Then there's Darren Fletcher who's having his best ever season at United, been one of there best players this season, pure quality. Park will play in the big games, as a hard working attacking midfielder, another superb midfielder who should push Hargreaves our. And finally there's Darron Gibson, another goal tonight and a whole new option for United, he can always get United a goal and Fergie's liking it, he's pure quality.

Not so easy for him to get in the first team for United, could well drop [/font']

Don't forget Anderson, it's easy to do, what with his lack of appearances:p.

I believe Zanetti meets the conditions to keep his 94.

On paper yes. Looks perfect, his team are into the last four of the Champions League, still getting game time under his belt. But while being consistent, he's not really of 94 quality imo.

A drop to 93 wouldn't be outrageous for him I feel.