Richarddi

The Minor Improvments Thread

As I said, this thread is for the things you don't like on SM, anything, and it have to be SMALL things, don't be afraid to suggest them.

for example:

In the mini schedule section of club overview, the first part is like this( your last match)

Wednesday, 14 July | Division 1

Arsenal Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Report

Score Centre

where is the score???

you have to press the match report button to get the report, why can't you get it when you enter the page, when your match before last match's score is displayed, you just wonder when you have this under message section

Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers result now in.

View Match Report

why isn't the score displayed!

keep adding the list!

Re: Small changes , make the game better...

another one:

in the tactic page you place your mouse on your suspended players, it says:

info: suspended for three matches

and when you do the same with your injured players, it says:

player injured

where is the date player coming back?

I know you can get it else where but sometimes it's very helpful to know the date right away when deciding tactic...

and the last fixture page

where is last match report

there should be one so you know the score and how that tactic worked out

there used to be,.. it disappeared in the new version, we should RE-add it now

Some people might like to "watch" their games on the Score Centre thing (I admit I do - occasionally) and if the score was displayed as soon as you entered the club page it spoils it a bit...

Although I think in the Options somewhere (like how you can turn International Job Offers On / Off etc) there's an option to "Display Score On / Off" which if you choose Yes (I assume) does show it!

another one:

in the tactic page you place your mouse on your suspended players' date=' it says:

player injured

[b']where is the date player coming back?

[/b]I know you can get it else where but sometimes it's very helpful to know the date right away when deciding tactic...

i agree with this feature :)

and the last fixture page

where is last match report

there should be one so you know the score and how that tactic worked out

there used to be' date='.. it disappeared in the new version, we should RE-add it now[/quote']

and the last one, no point viewing the tactics if you can't see how it turned out !

i now have to click on schedule which just takes longer, strange from SM.

i hope they change it back.

after we get some more feedback send a ticket to SM for these 2 ideas. see no reason why they can't implement them tbf :)

Tbh if they show the result when you go into the home page then the score centre might aswell be removed.

I would be extremely against this as I like to watch all my matches via the SC as it adds a bit of excitement.

Showing results immediately would ruin part of the game instantly for those members who also watch their games via the SC without knowing the score.

As I said' date=' this thread is for the things you don't like on SM, anything, and it have to be SMALL things, don't be afraid to suggest them.

for example:

In the mini schedule section of club overview, the first part is like this( your last match)

Wednesday, 14 July | Division 1

Arsenal Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Report

Score Centre

where is the score???

you have to press the match report button to get the report, why can't you get it when you enter the page, when your match before last match's score is displayed, you just wonder when you have this under message section

[b']Arsenal v Wolverhampton Wanderers result now in.

View Match Report[/b]

why isn't the score displayed!

keep adding the list!

I disagree. It's good that you have to go into the reults page because it would spoil the result a bit if you got it on the overview page rather than the results page.

another one:

in the tactic page you place your mouse on your suspended players' date=' it says:

player injured

[b']where is the date player coming back?

[/b]I know you can get it else where but sometimes it's very helpful to know the date right away when deciding tactic...

I don't think you need this because as long as you know the player is injured or suspended, his return date is pretty irrelevant when selecting tactics because he's not going to be available. It should stay as it is.

One thing I don't like is that you can't bring in more than three players on loan. This needs to change as it's not really a good function within the game.

I disagree. It's good that you have to go into the reults page because it would spoil the result a bit if you got it on the overview page rather than the results page.

I don't think you need this because as long as you know the player is injured or suspended' date=' his return date is pretty irrelevant when selecting tactics because he's not going to be available. It should stay as it is.

well i like to plan in advance when resting cup games. the fact is this feature would do no harm so you don't have to use it, but it would be immensely useful to me. ok you don't use it but it does no harm. surely this minor change should be made ?

One thing I don't like is that you can't bring in more than three players on loan. This needs to change as it's not really a good function within the game.

as for you loan deal i disagree. small clubs would firstly just loan players and become instantly 90 rated from loaning off the big clubs.

secondly if this could happen big clubs would loan more players out and encourage player hoarding.

If a lot of people have a need for it then that's different but I find that I can operate on a game-by-game basis with a squad of around 30 players so I can't imagine people with bigger squads will be much different (that's for the bit in red).

Also I doubt that small teams can even loan 90+ players right now because of a rule that supposedly doesn't let you bring in players that are rated considerably higher than your average XI.

in the finical , physical and statistical section of your squad, in the long listed options of limitied display players, amazingly i found no

only display first team player or something like that

what is the use of viewing statistic of players in youth squad that hasn't play a single minute .

if the team has a large 70 men squad( which is common), it's very hard to select the useful players

If a lot of people have a need for it then that's different but I find that I can operate on a game-by-game basis with a squad of around 30 players so I can't imagine people with bigger squads will be much different (that's for the bit in red).

Also I doubt that small teams can even loan 90+ players right now because of a rule that supposedly doesn't let you bring in players that are rated considerably higher than your average XI.

limitless loan is terrible for SM's concern policy, imagine big club loan players out to avoid concerns, even the loan concern is very slow, and in real life, how many small club has more than three loan players in their squad that play regularly?

With regards to the above' date=' surely you can just sort your squad by the number of appearances each player has made?

Speaking of which, this should be expanded to include domestic and European cups in your squad.[/quote']

but then you can't keep track of player's position

but then you can't keep track of player's position

Well you can, by looking at which player has made the most number of appearances then seeing what position that player plays in?

I think I have missed a trick in your idea but the way I see it you're suggesting something that is already on the game.

Maybe its just me but when i search for a player and they are not in the drop down menu, the first thing i do is then click 'View More'. From their i look for the player and if he is not their i go to try and get onto the next page, to see if he is located their, accept for i cant see whether he is or not as my 'Next' button does'nt work. :o I think maybe it could be something to do with me, but its on SM so maybe its not just me... can anyone clarify?

Maybe its just me but when i search for a player and they are not in the drop down menu' date=' the first thing i do is then click 'View More'. From their i look for the player and if he is not their i go to try and get onto the next page, to see if he is located their, accept for i cant see whether he is or not as my 'Next' button does'nt work. :o I think maybe it could be something to do with me, but its on SM so maybe its not just me... can anyone clarify?[/quote']

I have the same problem. It would be nice if it did work.

I have the same problem. It would be nice if it did work.

Yeah it can become extremely annoying if your searching for a very low rated player who you only know the second or maybe even the first name of, by the time i fin dout im usually out bidded by someone just because the Next button does'nt work. :(:mad:

So theres my suggestion haha...

I dont really care about seeing how long a player is injured or suspended for when selecting tactics, but when you go over the player, I think it should display the age of the player, so I know who to choose to make my team younger

I dont really care about seeing how long a player is injured or suspended for when selecting tactics' date=' but when you go over the player, I think it should display the age of the player, so I know who to choose to make my team younger[/quote']

Yeah i like this too, i always find myself checking into the squad to see who is younger if they are the same rating.

I don't like how it's not possible to see the results of the final play-off games unless you look on that day or perhaps the very next day. After then the new season starts and all the previous results are gone! After following the fortunes of a team for a whole season, to then get just a small window of opportunity to see the play-off result is crazy!

Oh, and while I'm at it, may as well add another one. Why can't we filter our shortlists to display certain positions, or change the order to reflect the changing importance of players being watched, rather than having to sort through each page every time?

I would like to sticky this thread and alter its name slightly because it is a good way of maybe getting SM to improve little details of the game. Would you like this?

OK I have stickied this. Aside from the normal posting rules, no major improvments should be suggested here, but continue to put those into their own threads.

When renewing the contract of a player, move the contract offer further away from the number of years you want to highlight.

Too often in the past, I have offered someone a 3 year contract by mistake when I wanted to offer them a 5 year contract. Buttons definitely too close together.

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

also, i think you should be able to send messages to all of a game world. you used to be able to do this, but now you cant. And if you cant write in the paper, then you have to manually send messages to everyone in the game world to tell them something, and this could take too long on GCs.

I also think penallty shootout scores should be more realistic. I've lost and won numerous times with penalty scores like 1-0 and 3-0. How many penalty shootouts have ever ended 1-0 and 3-0???? :eek:

when setting tactics, choosing a penalty taker and free kick taker should have some effect. setting these is basically just a waste of time, as they have NO effect on the match.

Re: The Minor Improvments Thread

Maybe its just me but when i search for a player and they are not in the drop down menu' date=' the first thing i do is then click 'View More'. From their i look for the player and if he is not their i go to try and get onto the next page, to see if he is located their, accept for i cant see whether he is or not as my 'Next' button does'nt work. :o I think maybe it could be something to do with me, but its on SM so maybe its not just me... can anyone clarify?[/quote']

Nope i too get the same...drives me around the twist :(