Sign in to follow this  
thecocoman

The Official MLS Thread

Re: Official MLS thread

So before I share my thoughts on the Fire's season.....here's an interview from Joel Lindpere that I found from this past weekend http://www.bigapplesoccer.com/leagues/mls2.php?article_id=35506

And now my thoughts...from games I saw in person(both away games in Columbus, home match vs SJ and USOC SF vs DCU) in the 2nd match in Columbus and the USOC Semi the team just came out with no effort and the back line cost us in both losses. I can't really give a good analysis on the game against SJ since Sean Johnson, Wondo were both with USMNT for the Gold Cup.

If the Fire want to become relevant in the MLS and be able to compete at the level of teams like LA, NY they need to fix that back line, this season has seen so many chances against us and plenty of times they've fallen apart. Now the first move I'd want to see would be Baky Soumare gone if you watch tape of him this season you'll see exactly why.

Chicago needs to hope that Cacha and US Palermo accept the option on the loan for 2014 otherwise they'll be in trouble and with Defoe linked to TFC the Fire need to jump into the market and get a better DP. The Fire also need Anangono to step up his game next season but also play through balls.

Ashley Cole ‘eyes MLS escape route from Chelsea woes’

Not sure how much truth is in this rumour, but would be intriguing to see him lined up at Red Bulls or Galaxy..

LA Galaxy head coach Bruce Arena rejects possibility of offseason loans for Omar Gonzalez, Landon Donovan

Ah well guess Everton can cross Donavan off their list. It is understandable though with Keane having undergone surgery on his Achilles heel and Omar playing a grueling schedule. Good news for the US team.

Toronto FC move forward with rebuild, part ways with 7 players, including striker Robert Earnshaw

Bobby Convey and midfielders Darel Russell and Michael Thomas, forwards Danny Koevermans and Justin Braun and goalkeeper Stefan Frei remain out of contract. Whats interesting in this rebuilding of sorts for the Reds is that their Doniel Henry has been training with West Ham in the off season and Bright Dike's stint at Celtic. I would expect them to bring in a designated striker, and have been using the off season deals to get their players ready for the new season.

Egypt adventure done and dusted,where is Bob Bradley?!

According to The Province, the Whitecaps have had discussions with the former U.S. boss, now free after finishing his duties with Egypt..might be a good deal for both sides-IF the money is there

Don't get me wrong I like that MLS brings in bigger names but seriously TFC getting Gilbert, Defoe, AND Bradley?!? come on Garber you gotta share the love.

Doubt Chicago will bring in anyone who'll make an impact anytime soon in the draft, nonetheless under Yallop I think the club will make the playoffs. And I hate to rain on Montreal's parade but they better be ready for the train to come off the tracks with Klopas in charge.

Re: The Official MLS Thread

MLS opening weekend' date=' good that a lot of coverage will be on Sky this year.[/quote']

You're still chuffed over that? Mate.. It's like being happy the garbage men comes once a week haha

Watching NYCFC's first ever home game on Sky Sports 1. Just gone 1-0 up thanks to David Villa who is quite clearly different class to anyone else on the pitch. Obviously a lower standard than a lot of the more established leagues but it's actually quite an exciting game!

Watching NYCFC's first ever home game on Sky Sports 1. Just gone 1-0 up thanks to David Villa who is quite clearly different class to anyone else on the pitch. Obviously a lower standard than a lot of the more established leagues but it's actually quite an exciting game!

Did you watch there first game, against Orlando?

That was like watching Sunday league football. Villa was a different class though, he made some excellent runs. Shame that he was ten steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch, next to no service getting to him.

Did you watch there first game' date=' against Orlando?

That was like watching Sunday league football. Villa was a different class though, he made some excellent runs. Shame that he was ten steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch, next to no service getting to him.[/quote']

I didn't. Seem to remember it kicked off at 1, which is a little late for me on a work night :P

It is generally low quality. A few players have a little bit about them (Revolution's LM can hit a very good cross) but there's not much consistency and it's a bit predictable. Villa's streets ahead but everyone's playing passionately and it's a good game to watch - very end to end.

I didn't. Seem to remember it kicked off at 1' date=' which is a little late for me on a work night :P

It is generally low quality. A few players have a little bit about them (Revolution's LM can hit a very good cross) but there's not much consistency and it's a bit predictable. Villa's streets ahead but everyone's playing passionately and it's a good game to watch - very end to end.[/quote']

Just about to turn it on.

Forgot it was on, wanted to watch it to see how they did after there first game. I imagine nerves from both NY and Orlando probably made the game a bit poor, neither wanting to lose there very first game in the MLS.

Want to see how Agudelo does for New England as well.

Even if it is a bit of a poorer league than some top European ones, although after just watching Inter I'm sceptical on that, I still think it is a good platform to send your youth to for experience.

So since the second half of this USOC game against Cincinnati just started and I'm in line buying food....first off what a difference this Fire organization has made especially since MLS is trying to force a sale of the team(thank god) also FC Cincinnati needs to become one of the expansion sides for MLS, there's 30,000+ here on a Wednesday night for a Cup match where other games realistically average at most 10,000. Sure it's not a big media market but these fans are very dedicated. Alright 2 people in front of me til I get food and I don't wanna miss the Fire score a goal so that's all I have to say.