Re: English Premiership Rating Predictions 2011/2012
I watch Man United every week (season ticket! ), so I'll give my opinion if that's ok Doesn't look like they've been done so I'll help you out! Gonna explain why under each of them too
Red - Drop
Orange - May Drop
Light Green - May Rise
Dark Green - Will Rise
David de Gea 89 -> 89/90
- Many good performances, but also many slip ups. I'd say a rise is 70:30.
Tomasz Kuszczak 87 -> 86
- Slipped to 4th choice, even behind Ben Amos
Anders Lindegaard 86 -> 86/87
- A fair few starts in the PL & CL, played well in all, may warrant a rise. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
Ben Amos 78 -> 78/79
- Started all Carling cup games but whether he'll rise or not is debatable. I'd guess no, but there is a possibility, however slight.
Nemanja Vidic 96 -> 96
Rio Ferdinand 94 -> 93
- Poor season by his standards, almost guaranteed to drop
Patrice Evra 94 -> 94/93
- Lots of people saying Evra will stay, I disagree. He's been one of United's worst performers for a very long time now, often at fault for goals. However, he doesn't get much bad press for it, so debatable whether SM will drop him.
Rafael 89 -> 89
Jonny Evans 88 -> 88
Phil Jones 87 -> 89 + Def/DM
- Most starts for United, been an excellent performer. Played RB a lot too, but he can't be RB/CB/DM, so he'll either get Def or stay CD/DM
Chris Smalling 87 -> 88 + CB/RB
- Injury will certainly mean no 89, but in the next changes he could be getting that. As with Jones, often plays RB now.
Fabio 86 -> 86
Fryers 75 -> 76
- Played in most of the Carling Cup games, should get a little rise.
Luis Nani 92 -> 93
- Imo, almost certain to rise. United's best performer by far and has really matured these past few season. I'd be surprised if he doesn't rise.
Ryan Giggs 92 -> 91
- Still decent but rarely plays, almost guarantees he'll drop.
Michael Carrick 92 -> 92/91
- Despite often being called ****, he often performs well, very good at ball retention. Debatable whether he'll drop, SM should wait 'til the next review.
Darren Fletcher 92 -> 92/91
- Same as Carrick really. Plays well sometimes, other times not. However the mystery virus he had seems to have knocked the stuffing out of him a bit, more likely to drop than Carrick imo.
Antonio Valencia 91 -> 91
Ji-Sung Park 91 -> 91/90
May drop, his main attribute is his energy, but it looks like age is catching him up this season.
Anderson 90 -> 90
- Early season form dropped off fast. Now injured, won't rise.
Ashley Young 90 -> 90/91
- Same as Anderson, good start but dropped off. I'd give him more of a chance to rise though, purely because he's starting at a big club.
Tom Cleverley 86 -> 87
- Injured but United were different class when he was playing. Will only get a small rise now but certainly 90+ in the future and a starter, snap him up!
Darron Gibson 86 -> 85
- Mr. Shoot first, ask questions later. Relegated to the reserves, almost guaranteed to drop.
Paul Pogba 75 -> 76/77
Impressed the most out of the Carling Cup kiddies, will certainly rise, but not much.
Ravel Morrison 75 -> 76
- Supposedly the biggest talent, Carling Cup starts may reward a little rise.
Wayne Rooney 95 -> 95
- As with so many others, early season form trailed off and definitely won't rise now.
Dimitar Berbatov 93 -> 92
- Top scorer of last season can't get a game. Definite drop.
Chicharito 90 -> 90
- Too injured to rise.
Michael Owen 88 -> 88
Danny Welbeck 87 -> 88
- Looked decent when he's played, will get 88.
Mame Biram Diouf 86 -> 85
- Mostly joins Gibson in the reserves, be lucky to stay 86.
Federico Macheda 83 -> 83
Think that's everyone. Be interesting to see how United getting dumped out of the Champions League and Carling Cup will affect the ratings. Any questions, leme know!