Re: European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread
European Nation News
Issue #1 - 2/2/08
Hello and welcome to the first issue of European Nation News. This will keep you up to date with goings on within the setup including match reports, match previews, transfer news and all other things regarding European Nation. This will be daily so there will be a new one everyday so that everyone can keep up to date in one post. Let's get started.
10 Big Transfers So far
Many transfers have gone through already and in this section we will take a look at some of the bigger ones. This will contain the first 10 92+ players to move in turn 1. Another 10 will follow tomorrow in the next edition.
1. Ribas Diego - A fee of 20 million pounds + Michael Johnson + Valeri Bojinov was paid to make him move to Manchester City. He has played in both games for Manchester City so far and has not yet made much of an impact with him not scoring or assisting as of yet. Manager Sir Mike Giggs is hopping his star buy will perform as the season gets into the flow.
2. Silva Vagner Love - The Brazilian forward was brought to French club Lyon from unavailable to manage CSKA Moskva. Two strikers went the other way in order to bring him in and the total fee was 5.2 million + Chaves Guedes Fred + Milan Baros. Vagner Love is yet to get on the scoresheet for Lyon and hasn't yet made any impact at all.
3. Jussi Jaaskelainen - The finish goalkeeper has gone from Bolton to Blackburn Rovers for a fee of 450k + Tony Kane + Steven Reid. Jussi has played in both of the opening games for Blackburn and has conceded 3 goals so far and watch his team not even score at the other end. Is started to show his ability but more is still to come.
4. Ceni Rogerio - The 35 year old Brazilian was brought to Spanish club Racing Santander from Brazilian club Sao Paulo. The deal was a straight swap for the much younger López Jordi. This seems like a short term buy for Racing. He has had a poor start to the season conceded 6 goals in the opening 2 games and for a goalkeeper of his quality this is not good enough.
5. Kevin Kuranyi - The German Center forward was brough to Valencia by the one who calls himself the special one. A fee of Nikola Zigic + Jaime Gavilan was paid to bring him to Spain. In the two games Valencia have played he hasn't featured in either of them so was this deal worth losing 2 players over if he is only going to be a rotation player?
6. Per Mertesacker - Werder Breman lost another key player to an English club and this time the player went to Chelsea. The fee was 18 million + John Obi Mikel. He has only played in one game so far but more is expected from him and at the age of 23 this could turn out to be a great buy in the future.
7. Patrick Vieira - This was the highest rated player to move clubs so far and a large fee of 12 million + Alberto Zapater was paid to bring him to Spanish hopefulls Zaragoza. He played in the first game for Zaragoza and got an all important assist but also got himself injured. He will be back in 6 days time so he will miss the next game as well.
8. Andrei Arshavin - A fee of 5.1 million pounds + João Cicinho was paid to persuad him to move from Russian club Zenit St Petersburg to Italian club Rome. He has started in both of Romas' first 2 games and has already found the net once and assisted in a goal twice. This seems to be a great signing for Italian club Roma.
9. Javier Zanetti - The defensive player moved from Internazionale to Bayern Munich in a cash only deal worth 10 million pounds, 6 million over his value. He has played in both games for Bayern this season and has played well in each earning himself an average rating of 8.5. So all signs look good for Javier Zanetti at his new club Bayern.
10. Thomas Hitzlsperger - The center midfielder has moved from German club VFB Stuttgart to Italian giants Internazionale for a fee of 12 million + Nuno Maniche. He has played in both of the games so far and has helpped his new club by getting 2 assists. Both manager and player hope that he can continue to create from midfield.
Match Reports - Division 1
Arsenal 1-0 Everton
The home side earned there first win of the season by defeating Everton at the Emirates. Only one goal was needed to separate the team and that goal came from the new signing Andrés Guardado on 23 minutes. It was a great headed goal from a great cross. As well as losing Everton also had a man sent of for dangerous play and that man was Henriques Manuel Fernandes.
Tottenham Hotspur 2-2 Manchester United
Neither team could win this clash but Manchester United wil feel the best about it after coming from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. The first goal went to Marcio Rafinha the right back on 23 minutes giving Spurs a 1-0 lead. That lead was then increased by Pascal Feindouno. But Manchester United then scored 2 to earn a point and they came from Emmanuel Adebayor and Paul Scholes.
Chelsea 3-0 Blackburn Rovers
Chelsea mantained there winning streak and there place at top of the table with a convincing 3-0 victory. Chelsea only had to wait 8 minutes for the first goal which came from Didier Drogba. Michael Ballack scored the second before half time meaning it was 2-0 Chelsea at the break. The third and final goal of the games came just after the hour mark on 64 minutes when Florent Malouda won the game for Chelsea.
Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United
Liverpool won there first game of the season with a good win over Newcaslte at Anfield. The first goal came on 19 minutes when Daniel Agger scored from 10 yards out. The second goal came on 73 minutes from John Arne Riise which wrapped up the game for Liverpool. Although they also had an injury through Roman Pavlyuchenko he will now be out for 4 days.
Manchester City 0-2 Aston Villa
Aston Villa were the only side to win away from home this turn and the goals were scored by Nigel Reo-Coker and Martin Laursen. Man of the match went to Center back and goalscorer Martin Laursen. Although substitute Mark Noble was injured, but it was nothing serious and he has now resumed full training.
Division 1 - Table
1st - Chelsea - 6 points
2nd - Aston Villa - 4 points
3rd - Manchester United - 4 points
4th - Arsenal - 4 points
5th - Liverpool - 3 points
6th - Tottenham Hotspur - 2 points
7th - Newcastle United - 1 point
8th - Manchester City - 1 point
9th - Blackburn Rovers - 1 point
10th - Everton - 0 points.
Match Reports - Division 2
Barcelona 1-2 Valencia
A shock result saw tittle favourites Barcelona lose by a single goal to promotion contenders Valencia. Barcelona took the lead through Samuel Eto'o on 27 minutes but Aparecido da Gilberto Silva pulled it back just after half time and a very late goal on 88 minutes sealed the game and the 3 points for Valencia.
Atlético Madrid 1-2 Real Betis
Another shock although slightly smaller saw Atlético Madrid lose to Real Betis. Real Betis started well with Martin Palermo scoring after only 8 minutes but Atlético hit back on 21 minutes. Real Betis took the lead back straight away with a goal only a minute after Atléticos'. Goal scorer and man of the match Martin Palermo got injured and will be out for 6 weeks.
Athletico Bilbao 0-2 Zaragoza
One of the relegation contenders Athletico Bilbao lost to Zaragoza through tow second half goals. The first came on 60 minutes through Peter Luccin and the second on 80 minutes through Ricardo Oliveira. Ricardo Oliveira bagged man of the match award and Fernando Amorebieta got injured for Athletico and will be out for 4 days.
Racing Santander 1-2 Villarreal
A brace from Jon Dahl Tomasson added to Insiders worries as they have now played 2 lost 2. The first two goals both came before half time and bothn went to Jon Dahl Tomasson giving Villarreal a 2-0 lead at half time. Although Racing hit back through Raúl Tamudo on 53 minutes but couldn't find the equaliser. Pedro Munitis also got sent off for Racing meaning he will miss the next 3 games.
Sevilla 1-3 Real Madrid
Real Madrid defeated fellow promotion candidates Sevilla. The first goal came from José María Guti on 46 minutes and the second followed on 62 minutes from Roman Shishkin giving Real a 2-0 lead at the hour mark. Sevila hit back 10 minutes later through Aleksandr Kerzhakov but Real but daylight between the sides again with Gabriel Heinze wrapping up a 3-1 victory for Real.
Division 2 - Table
1st - Valencia - 6 points
2nd - Real Betis - 6 points
3rd - Zaragoza - 4 points
4th - Real Madrid - 3 points
5th - Barcelona - 3 points
6th - Villarreal - 3 points
7th - Athletico Madrid - 3 points
8th - Sevilla - 1 point
9th - Racing Santander - 0 points
10th - Athletico Bilbao - 0 points
Match Reports - Division 3
Parma 2-2 Lazio
The unmanaged Parma side took the lead through Cristiano Lucarelli on 11 minutes and the score was 1-0 at half time as a result of this goal. Sebastiano Siviglia scored straight after the restart to level it up at 1-1. But Parma took the lead again 5 minutes later through Igor Budan. And once again Lazio pulled it back through Stefano Mauri to 2-2 and that was the final result.
Udinese 1-3 Internazionale
A brace from Zlatan Ibrahimovic guided to visitors to victory. The first goal of the game went to Zlatan Ibrahimovic only 8 minutes into the game. Giovanni Van Bronckhorst scored only 2 minutes later to level it up at 1-1. Then 5 minutes later Ibrahimovic scored his second of the game to make the score 2-1. Esteban Cambiasso then scored a late 3rd to make it 3-1 Internazionale.
Palermo 2-0 Atalanta
Fabrizio Miccoli brace earns Palermo all 3 points. The first half was quite with neither side scoring or even picking up a card. The second half livened up a bit though with Fabrizio Miccoli scoring his first of 2 to give Palermo a 1-0 lead. The second came on the 85th minute through Miccoli again, a brace earned him the man of the match award.
Milan 0-1 Juventus
When two of the biggest clubs in Italy face of the game is expected to be full of goals but not this time, one goal was all that was needed to separate the two teams and the goal went to Juventus through new signing Lukas Podolski Milan had more shots but couldn't capatilize. Man of the match award went to goal scorer and game winner Lukas Podolski.
Fiorentina 0-3 Roma
A great result for Roma gives them there first win of the season. First half goals from Alberto Gilardino and then Andrei Arshavin gave Roma a nice half time break with daylight between the two clubs. Alberto Gilardino then scored late on to wrap up a good day for Roma and for Gilardino to complete his brace and bag the Man of the match award.
Division 3 - Table
Match Reports - Division 4
Celtic 1-2 Benfica
Two second half goals wrapped up the game for Benfica after Celtic took an early home lead with Kevin Kilbane scoring after only 2 minutes. The game stayed like that with the score at 1-0 at the break. Benfica then scored on 59 minutes through Miguel Nuno Gomes and then again on 68 minutes through Oscar Cardozo to turn the game on it's head and win 2-1. Man of the match went to game winner Oscar Cardozo.
FC Porto 4-1 Hamburger SV
Porto get a great win in a game full of goals. FC Porto took a 2-0 half time lead with Jose Raul Meireles and Lisandro Lopez both scoring before half time. Porto then made it 3-0 and wrapped the game up when Lisandro Lopez scored his second of the game. Paolo Guerrero pulled one back for Hamburger and then Quaresma scored a late goal to make it 4-1. Although the win came at a price with Gonzalez and Bosingwa getting injured.
Rangers 0-1 PSV
Unmanaged PSV defeated Rangers away from home. One goal was enough to separate the teams and unmanaged PSV will take all 3 points with them after a late 79th minute winner from Kenneth Perez. Kenneth Perez also picked up the man of the match award.
Ajax 1-1 Sporting
These two teams couldn't be separated and all the stats pointed to a draw with them all being near enough 50/50. The first goal of the game went to Sporting in the first half and it came from new signing Stewart Downing, the score stayed at 1-0 until the 48th minute when Ivan Rakitic levelled it up for Ajax to earn them each a share of the points.
Lyon 0-4 Bayern Munchen
Bayern Munchen blew Lyon away with a crushing victory away from home. Goals in the first have came from Silva Ze Roberto on 1 minute and 20 minutes to give himself a brace. And Miroslav Klose scored on 42 minutes to give Bayern a 3-0 lead at the break. Luca Toni then scored a goal later on to complete the humiliation of French giants Lyon.
Interview With Stevie (Roma Manager)
Me - Hello Stevie and thanks you for agreeing to do this.
Stevie - No worries, happy to help
Me - You have so far won 1 and drawn 1 do you believe you can continue this form and earn a promotion spot?
Stevie - I truly believe we will, although i have greater expectation than just a promotion spot, i believe we can win the league.
Me - Your star player Totti is not performing for you, this has to be a concern for you and the rest of your Italian team?
Stevie - Yes it is, although i may try changing my tactics slightly and see how he performs then.
Me - You have not bought any players for 2 turns now, are you interested in anyone at the moment?
Stevie - I am not looking to bring anyone in as of yet, but as the season progresses i may find i need to.
Me - Gilardino has scored 2 in 2, if you had the option would you change him to be your star man?
Stevie - Definitely! I have already spoke to Sparky about it but he says it is too late! He has been a great signing for us but i just hope he will share some of his goals with Totti.
Me - Thank you for your time Stevie.
Stevie - No problem mate.
1. Spain - 37pts
2. Italy - 28pts
3. ROE - 28pts
4. England - 24pts
Please contact Sparky if you are interested in any of these clubs.
- Atlanta currently lie in 6th place in the Italian league with a win and a draw.
- Parma currently lie in 7th place with a loss and a draw.
- PSV are doing the best of the unmanaged teams with a win and a draw they are sitting in 3rd place.
(Drogba has played 2 games and has had 2 MOM awards, watch out for him)
(Bayern currently have the best start with 2 wins and
goal difference of +7.)
(Team Spain have took off already and are 9 points ahead of Italy in second.)
Aston Villa Football Club
Villa boss Samir says he is happy with the negative predictions, of his side, and says he is going to survive and stay in the top flight. This is what he had to say:
"I love it when people write me and my side off because that brings in more hunger into me and my team. My team is good enough to stay here and i just bought in some players to strengthen areas which needed to be strengthened. I wont be winning a title this season but i wont be going down. I like the predictions :D".
Re: European Nations Transfer/Match Report Thread
Aston Villa Football Club
Aston Villa Football Club have signed Samir as their new manager. The club were really happy to announce him as manager, as they faced severe competition from other clubs to capture him. He said, "I had a lot of other offers, big offers, than Aston Villa but it's always nice to have some competition here and there. What tempted me was the hunger of the side and the average age. This teams young and I'm looking forward to work along with these rising stars".
Middlesbrough are reported to have lodged a bid for Barcelona superstar Ronaldinho.
Reports in Catalunya, including their leading daily Sport, claim that despite all the rumours surrounding Ronaldinho and his future, Boro are the only firm bidders so far.
Milan and Chelsea are known admirers and look set to go head-to-head to land the 27-year-old - if and when he is made available by Barca, who continually insist that he is staying at Camp Nou.
Barnet Football Club have signed experienced, and young, manager Samir Muhammed. The local man has been living there for less than 4 weeks
He told Sky Sports News that he will try all he can to take the Division 1 Title.
Samir's new side, FC Porto, have started with a 0-0 draw with Italian Giants Milan. He was happy with the result but new captian Quaresma's injury was the main thing in his mind. "The lad has picked a bruital facial injury and he was rushed to hospital and they say he will be out for about 3 weeks. It's a very big blow for me and the team". Lucho Gonzalez, who was announced as vice captian, will lead the side out next match.